Start by marking “Letting Go (Thatch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Letting Go (Thatch, #1)

Letting Go

(Thatch #1)

Grey and Ben fell in love at thirteen and believed theyd be together forever. But three days before their wedding, the twenty-year-old groom-to-be suddenly died from an unknown heart condition, destroying his would-be-brides world. If it hadnt been for their best friend, Jagger, Grey never would have made it through those last two years to graduation. Hes the only one who ...more
Published November 4th 2014 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Letting Go, please sign up.
Angie Lol I completely agree! The faces totally look like they were photoshopped onto the bodies--and not in a good way!! I can't believe that this cover…moreLol I completely agree! The faces totally look like they were photoshopped onto the bodies--and not in a good way!! I can't believe that this cover looks so terrible in quality, while her other books' covers are amazing! It's pretty hilarious ;)(less)

Start your review of Letting Go (Thatch, #1)
Jacqueline's Reads
Well... at least in the summary we know the guy dies. LOL.... I crack myself up.
Emma
Ive got to be honest, I always enter a Molly McAdams with a great deal of trepidation, waiting for my heart to get ripped out of my chest and pulverised to dust. Yep, this is the effect her stories have on me, it doesnt help that she tends to torture her poor characters with all kinds of emotional hell. Be Warned ;) At least we know someone dies right at the start of this one (yeah Im totally not letting that one go Molly) ;)

OMG Jagger is just the best book boyfriend, I utterly adore him. You
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

description

Two years ago - only days before her wedding, Grey's 20-year-old fiancé Ben died of a sudden heart-attack.
She spent the last two years at college just trying to survive from day to day and to get her degree and go back to her hometown of Thatch.

Jagger - who's been both Grey's and Ben's best friend since they were kids - has been by her side through everything. He's the only person she can go to if she needs to talk and cry about missing Ben.

He was just always there to make things better,
Myrna
Jan 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Good read with some twists and turns.
Miss H
Its unpopular opinion time.

If the glowing reviews are anything to go by, Im clearly in the minority, but thats okayits not the first time, nor will it be the last.

Im not going to mince words. Had I not already been familiar with some of Molly McAdams' previous work, I wouldve passed this book up. The cover is god-awful. I know I shouldnt judge a book by its cover, but its hard not to, especially when what it has to offer inside doesn't help to improve my overall opinion of the book.

I found
Pam Nelson
2.5 Letting Go Stars

Grey and Ben and Jagger

Somehow I dont know how I feel. I wanted to love it but I am not sure how I feel.

I kind of feel like Molly just wants the shock factor. But and I like drama as much as the next person but I kind of felt like this was immature drama.

I didnt hate it because I listened to the end and I am in the I liked it category but I didnt love it and maybe thats ok.

I loved the narration; it was perfect for the book.

*You don't have to like my review but its 100%
Beth
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Move On Stars

Be Warned...This is a Molly McAdams book. So you what that means...you can't predict any freaking thing. You know she holds no one sacred. She will take out anyone. Without even breaking a sweat. So we have learned to not get too attached to her characters or to get too invested in where you think the story is going.

Grey and Ben have been together since forever. They are happy and happily getting married. Then....you get Mollied. Ben dies. You know I don't do spoilers but this
Mitchii
Funny how Gray made it a huge deal when she found out that Jagger had loved her even from before. Throwing child-like tantrums over the fact that she was the only one oblivious about his feelings (everyone was so aware of it as if it was written in bold letters: THEY WERE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER). But she got over it quite easily. So they tried. Although it was the guy who tried more.

But there was twist, & oh boy wasnt that quite dramatic?! She didnt know his former fiancée was capable of it.
Peggy Dabney
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 thought-provoking stars. This story really kept me turning the pages just to see if Grey and Jagger were ever going to see the light of day. The story line was so sad and I had to take small breaks away just so I could finish. I'm not saying it wasn't a great story, because it was, and the writing was great, but there's something I can't describe that keeps me from giving it 5 stars. I've loved all of Molly McAdams books, but this one left me thinking...why?
Taylor
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't have one bad thing to say about this book!! It was beautiful and heartbreaking. Molly has done it again, with this wonderful book. I highly recommend reading it. You will laugh, swoon, cry, drool, and cry some more. All the feels that Molly creates and loves to make you feel. Loved, loved, loved this book! Jagger will forever be one of my favorite book boyfriends!!
Nancy The book junkie
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.75/5

Review coming soon!
Valerie
Nov 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads, romance
Books come down to characters, story and writing for me. I'm adding afterglow to that list. I realized with this book, that the feelings I have after I finish say a lot about how I rate the book. So here goes.

Characters. I adore Jagger. He's been in love with Grey for years. He does what's best for her, always. He sets his feelings aside and supports here. Even when his best friend kissed her first, he was there when she happily told him his friend asked her out. When she got engaged to that
Jolene
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. I never found Grey to be annoying with her feelings as Molly wrote the emotions and what Grey's character was going through perfectly. Jagger, well he was the best Hero character you can get. Loved how he didn't sleep around, how patient he was and how he never crossed any lines when Grey was in a relationship with Ben. The storyline to this flowed and things along the way made it hard to put down. The only thing that I found predictable was who the 'someone' was that was wanting to ...more
Jenn Green
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
★✩★✩★ 5- Just Keep Moving -Stars

Check out my FULL post @ Bookworm Betties

Happy Reading xo Jenn
Jennifer  Lynn
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
after reading the excerpt of this book I want it!! why do we have to wait so long???!!!!
* A review copy was provided by the author via Edelweiss for the Blog Tour *

Amazon Link---->>> Letting Go: A Novel (Thatch)

~~ 4 Second Time Around Stars ~~

I was drawn to this book by the blurb, but I was also nervous because it was a Molly McAdams book and she is known for making you ugly cry and tearing the readers heart out (ex. Taking Chances), so I was a little nervous going into this book, but I am glad to say that this was a really great book. It is an emotional read but I
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review-Jo

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

Molly McAdams has always been one of my favorite author's. She is one of my go to authors, always trusting that if Molly writes it, I will love it! As such, I didn't read the synopsis of "Letting Go" so I didn't have a clue what this story was about. Despite this, I pretty much guessed early on in the story what was going to happen. Although the beginning of the story was a little predicable,
Once
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grey and Ben are set upon their happily ever after, not realizing how short that actually is. Three days before the wedding Ben dies of a heart condition that he didn't realize he had. When faced with the grief of losing the love of her life Grey turns to her best friend Jagger for comfort. Unsure when the line between friendship and romance started to blur between them Grey worries that Jagger may want more than she can offer.

I am in love with these characters. There is honestly no other way
Book Junky Girls
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

Days before their wedding Ben died leaving his childhood sweetheart all alone. Except Grey was never really alone because Jagger had always been there for her, taking care of her. Two years later after finishing college both come back to their small town to live their lives.

Jagger has loved Grey since she nine years old, a secret everyone seemed to know except her, but once she finds out she was to decide if she can move on from her first love. Jagger would do anything for her go at any
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Letting Go is only the second book by Molly McAdams that I have read and what I love is there is drama, suspense and twists to her stories. In the first book that I read by Molly McAdams she really made me ugly cry. While Letting Go didnt make me ugly cry it definitely had me tearful. Molly does know how to bring out emotions.

Letting Go is a love story and this is Greys and Jaggers story. Grey was in love with Ben, her high school sweetheart but, then Ben dies. Jagger was BFF with Grey and Ben.
Paige
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
Another awesome novel by Molly McAdams. First off....Jagger is the best hero. He is so selfless, kind, smart, sweet, the list is endless. What a weird and difficult situation he is put in, loving his best friends girl. He handles it very well. Never once does he push Grey and is more than happy to talk about Ben. He always has put Greys feelings before his own and I loved that about him. He pulled them both through a difficult time and was Greys rock. Sure it did take awhile for Grey to realise ...more
Naomi
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, kindle
Absolutely loved this story! In fact, anything Molly McAdams writes keeps me wanting more & more!
I highly recommend this book to all New Adult romance fans out there!
Natascha Housen
3.5 STARS
Becky Morris
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Beautiful, emotional story that delivered a wonderful message about loss, hope, and moving forward. I would highly recommend this to new adult fans looking for a fast, sexy, heartwarming story!

Opening Sentence: Then over there is where the girls and I will be waiting before the ceremony starts, I said, pointing to all-season tent standing just off to the side.

The Review:

Two years ago twenty year old Ben Craft died from an unknown genetic
TJ
A really enjoyable contemporary romance with a few twists and turns one will never guess! Grey's insistence on hanging on to memories for dear life after over two years has passed starts grating like nails on a chalkboard but the big twist at the end makes the read worth it... Just wish it would have happened earlier so we wouldn't have had to believe in St. Ben for so long!

LOVED Jagger, as well! Man, what every woman wouldn't give for a guy like that! He was what made reading this story totally
Erika
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Dawn
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Grey and Ben fell for one another at age thirteen but life would throw them a curveball when Ben died just days from his wedding to Grey. Grey is devastated at the loss of Ben and worries everyone as she just moves through life in a haze of grief. Until her other best friend, Jagger, shows her that she has the strength to go on even as he keeps his heart and love for Grey a secret. But when Grey finds out that Jagger has loved her forever, can she move past the heartache of losing Ben to see
Jessica (Stuck in Books)
5 stars - Stunning romance, addictive writing, and a compelling plot make this one my favorite Molly McAdams book yet!

I have something of a Molly McAdams addiction. And by "something" of one, I mean I totally have one. Her books just draw me in every time and I fly through those pages like nobody's business. So I went into Letting Go expecting that to happen again. I expected to enjoy the story. I expected to grow fond of the characters. What I did NOT expect, however, was for this book to turn
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #235 Letting Go by Molly McAdams 1 2 Dec 20, 2015 06:54PM

• No Limits (Ultimate, #1)
  • Defenseless (Salvation, #5)
  • You and Everything After (Falling, #2)
  • All I Want Is You (Coral Cove, #1)
  • Perfect Kind of Trouble (Finding Fate, #2)
  • Holding Strong (Ultimate, #2)
  • Fighting Dirty (Ultimate, #4)
  • Tough Love (Ultimate, #3)
  • When We Met
  • In Your Dreams (Falling, #4)
  • The Girl I Was Before (Falling, #3)
  • I'm In No Mood For Love  (Writer Friends, #2)
  • The Bet (The Bet, #1)
  • The Renegade Hunter (Argeneau #12; Rogue Hunter #3)
  • Fifty First Times
  • Diamond Bay (Rescues, #2)
  • A Little Too Far (A Little Too Far, #1)
  • A Little Too Much (A Little Too Far, #2)
Molly grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband, daughter, and fur babies. When she's not diving into the world of her characters, some of her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling, and long walks on the beach which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. She has a weakness for crude-humored ...more

Thatch (3 books)
  • To the Stars (Thatch #2)
  • Show Me How (Thatch, #3)