Start by marking “Clarity (Clarity, #1)” as Want to Read:
Clarity (Clarity, #1)

Clarity

(Clarity #1)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  4,828 Ratings  ·  421 Reviews
Fiercely independent Helen Winters was born completely blind, but she vowed never to let her disability keep her down. She did not expect a traumatic event to devastate her life and force her to drop out of college. Disillusioned by the cruelty of people, Helen retreated from society to live by herself as a reclusive writer in the woods—where no one could ever hurt her aga ...more
Published February 20th 2014 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Clarity, please sign up.
Kylara Jensen Yes it does end on a total cliffhanger. It's not really a series, it's one book split into 3 parts.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FreePuxBbysb_zps01205461.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (11/25/2014)

BLURB:
Fiercely independent Helen Winters was born completely blind, but she vowed never to let her disability keep her down. She did not expect a traumatic event to devastate her life and force her to drop out of college. Disillusioned by the cruelty of people, Helen retreated from society to live by herself as a reclusive writer in the woods—where no one could ever hurt her again.

When a brilliant young doctor shows up on her doorstep, promising her that his
Mar 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: egalley
Review at Laura in Bookland

Helen Winters was born completely blind, however, she has always been independent. She didn’t like using her cane because she felt like it broadcasted her disability to the world. She also didn’t have a dog or any sort of help to make her life easier. The beginning of the book shows Helen lost in a staircase in her college. A man decides to be nice and help her find her class. Unfortunately she figures out way to late that he does not have good intentions. Obviously be
Allison
Oct 16, 2014 added it
Shelves: dnf, do-not-want
DNF @ 10%

I've never DNF'd anything this quickly before, but good grief, this book is terrible. The writing is so bad.

and seriously... GTFO of here with that prologue.
Michelle Wrona
*4.5 star rating

Review copy provided by Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for a honest review and feedback.

Reading Clarity was like seeing something extraordinary happening, like the first time a bird flies. It was so touching and beautiful and charming, and is absolutely recommended to everyone, young or old.

What can I say? I absolutely adored this book and I'll remember it forever. It is such an unique heart-breaking moving story. Colour me surprised! (Seriously.)

Right from the first chap
Jagged
Jun 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
Well the beginning went in a direction I really wasn't anticipating. The problem was, it really had nothing to do with anything other than it became the reason behind Helen secluding herself away from humanity.

Helen had a tendency to act like a person who could see. She looks down to cover her embarrassment. I stare in surprise for a moment. She somehow knows when Carmen is reaching for her phone and she moves out of the way.

Helen went from wide awake to needing a nap in the same conversation.

Li
Madiha (Paper Skies)
Dear Loretta Lost,

I am speaking to you about this crucial matter because it has come to my attention that you like to play with the minds of people. I know this because I recently received your book from the publisher in exchange for a review. This is that review.

I don't know how you did it. How did you get away with this, Lost? How the hell did you make me like Helen? Because I liked her. A lot. I liked her so much, that I put her in my "characters I look up to" shelf on Goodreads. That is ho
Rebecca McNutt
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Clarity was a gripping story but the romance element sort of overpowered the rest of the content. Nonetheless, I still really liked the book.
Ally
May 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
Helen was born blind and has always been adamant about her independence. When a terrible thing happens to her in her early twenties, she drops out of college and moves away from her family to live alone, away from society. Content with her solitude, she is certainly irritated when a pair of doctors come knocking at her door, offering gene therapy to possibly give her sight.

(view spoiler)
Naksed
Nov 04, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The prologue was horrifying but riveting. It hooked me into giving the book a try. But by the first chapter, the tone drastically changed. Bizarre, unsuccessful attempts at humor clashed with the seriousness of the issues written about. The characters acted inconsistently with the emotional, educational, and social background presented. The plot moved at a fast pace via implausible plot devices. It was a confusing read. Without emotional connection to the characters, and plausible actions and di ...more
Rxmi
"Books are medicine for the soul. They heal the eternal parts of a person. (...) If a person reads a good book—they become permanently changed. They can't even help it. They can't unlearn what they've learned. It will always be with them."

2,5 real.
Sinceramente no tengo idea de cómo empezar esta reseña. Así que, como siempre, les cuento la historia... Escuché de este libro gracias a los giveaways de Goodreads, me anoté porque el tema me parecía interesante y perdí (como siempre). Bueno, resulta
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
*Please note that I rated the 2nd book a 3 star and am still yet to read the 3rd book*
*Long-time Amazon Freebie*

Genre: Contemporary Romance – Serial series.
Cover: 6/10
Writing: 8/10
Heroine: 8/10
Hero: 8/10
Humour: 5/10
Hotness: 0/10
Romance: 2/10
Extra book Details: Heroine POV; 1st person. Approx 150 kindle pages. Free on Amazon.

Recluse 25yr old Helen Winters, blind author extraordinaire, is approached by Dr Liam Larson, who begs her to take part in gene therapy trials in order to restore her eyesigh
Karen
Less than 1 star. Could not finish and one of the worst books I ever tried to read. I have read a lot of complaints about the cliff hanger ending. I am so glad I did not get further along to "see" something even worse. Though I do agree the prologue was gripping, After that, the book was worthless: The prologue was not enough to bring the rating for me up to 1 *.
Salima Bensalah
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
CLARITY is about a young woman who is offered the chance to cure her blindness by volunteering to take part in a new experiment. However, very little of this is mentioned in this book, as the story focuses more on the protagonist's romantic relationship with her soon-to-be doctor, as well as her inner struggle in coming to terms with a horrific assault which happened years ago. In the aftermath, Helen Winters must fight to regain her identity, as well as restore a close relationship with her fam ...more
Kira Simion
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Though the blurb doesn't sound too enticing, I took a chance a while back and I found beauty in the view of the blind.

I loved this novel and would recommend this to my friends, my family, and people who like a little realism but, at the same time, not too many facts that they drown.

Now this was a sort of book that was both realistic but it was fiction which made it a wonderful and happy read. If you don't like CLIFFHANGER(S) and or short stories, I don't recommend though....have fun and enjoy!

Th
Abbie
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my second time reading this, but I think I enjoyed it a little bit more than the first time.

The first time I read this, Owen and Carmen really annoyed me. I didn't find Owen so bad this time though, and he actually made me laugh one or two times.

Looking forward to reading the next one.

Overall, An okay reread.
Nicolas
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that honestly caught me by surprise, and not because I enjoyed it. While I normally prefer a good old-fashioned bloody adventure (I like to think of it as a guy thing), I don’t mind a good romance every now and then (I can rather be a hopeless romantic). Going into this book, I expected a fairly standard romance plot. The guy and girl meet and fall in love through some odd and random occurrence of the universe forcing them to run head first into each other. There might be a few he ...more
Kathy Jo
May 22, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Anne Huart (Books & Tea)

ARC provided to me by Xpresso Book Tours via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Warning : This is a review of the first 3 books of the series. No spoilers though

I've had a fairly nice time reading this series (although to me it looks more like just one story divided in three parts, and not really three book).

What disturbed my reading was my rather cartesian mind kept reminding me that most parts of the storyline were just highly improbable.
I found Helen's family reactions alway
Poppy
Mar 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
ARC given for a fair and honest review.

I found more wrong with this than right!

Helen is born blind but refuses to use a Cain or Guide dog so she can have her independence. That is a insult to those who have no sight or partial sight as these as there to give just that INDEPENDENCE. Also someone born with sight loss would not think in this way.

The author really should have done her research before writing about sight loss. The opening scene has Helen not hearing a man approach... She would hear h
Pam Nelson
I thought I would take a chance on this as it was a free read, I am kind of glad I did. It 3.5 stars for me.
Helen, Is blind but don’t let that stop you from reading she is brilliant. She is a little insecure about herself but who wouldn’t be when people are not always kind.
She struggles and shut herself off from everyone and everything.
She is presented with the opportunity to see for the first time by 2 very persistent doctors, Own and Liam.

She needs a ride to the city so if they want to do t
Abbie
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it
The beginning and ending of this was good, but everything else was a bit dull. I'm thankful that it was short.

Helen was an okay character, and i felt really sorry for her because of everything she went through.
I have to say that Owen and Carmen really annoyed me though!

This ended on a cliffhanger, so i will probably read the other books in the series in the future. I'm just hoping that they're not as dull in the middle as this one.

Overall, Alright read but the middle could have been better.
Auhmanduh
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up for free without knowing it's a series.

Honestly, it's hilarious. Liam and Owen have such a great bromance that it left me cracking up. I did have to roll my eyes at how self centered Carmen was being, but when you look at it in retrospect most brides have tunnel vision until they get through the storm.

I plan to pick up the bundle of books 1-3, pending on books 4 and 5.
Madeliene
Dec 29, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely aggravating.

The author does not appear to understand rape victims, or doctors maintaining professionalism, or even basic relationships. The characters, even the heroine, seem shallow, and the entire plot is just not very believable. I wasn't drawn in enough to seek out the next in the series.
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
After reading Naksed's review I'm going to stay clear of this one. Shame. It sounded so promising.

Maayan
Feb 26, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc, disability
“ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review”
Adele N
Oct 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I really wanted to like this book. I like to find books where one of the main characters has a disability. Especial when it’s a visual one, I feel that much more connected to the character. As I am visually impaired (I am NOT completely blind) myself and currently use a cane for the blind and have use a seeing eye dog in the past.
That being said.... I DNF this book… I’m not sure if the author didn’t research blindness or if her interaction with a blind individual was not a position one. I’ve NE
Samantha Boswell
Fantastic

Hate how it ended forcing you to groan in frustration that you can't flip the page and read more, but that's how good this book was. I'm in need of the rest of the series now.
Will Decker
Feb 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
CLIFFHANGER!!!
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
This book has about as much going for it as not. It's a true 3-star read for me; I liked some parts but I had problems with about equal as many.

The good: good characters. Not fully fleshed out, but this is a short story, really, and there was enough to continue on and allow for more information later. The plot moved along fairly well. The dialogue was moderately entertaining. The ending wasn't as abrupt as I expected with such a short book. There's a bit of a shock, a cliffhanger of sorts, which
Sally Balboa
Nov 02, 2014 rated it liked it
This is meant to be an entertainment/ drama book. Also it's cut up into episodes three episodes. I have some problems with this story mainly with the characters. While there is a lot of drama and intrigue it still didn’t make up for the other things in the story.

Clarity revolves around Helen who is blind, and in college she was raped. So distraught by this incident, she left without telling her family where she was and went into the mountains where for a few years she wrote books, and hardly e
  • Secret Lies
  • Last Christmas
  • A Million Little Snowflakes
  • Sacred Bloodlines (The Sacred Guardians, #1)
  • Broken (Save Me, #2)
  • Big Girl Panties (Like A Lady #1)
  • The Seacrest (Paines Creek Beach #1)
  • Scarred Love (Sulfur Heights, #1)
  • Anything Goes (Anything Goes #1)
  • The Unknown (Flawed, #1)
  • Promises to Keep
  • Immortal Dreams
  • Stim
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • The Boy and the Crow
  • Assured Destruction (Assured Destruction #1)
  • Breathless/Deathless 2 Book Set (The Blue Fire Saga, #1-2)
  • Lie to Me
USA Today bestselling author Loretta Lost writes to experience all the love and excitement that can often be lacking from real life. She finds it therapeutic to explore her issues through the eyes of a different person. She hopes to have a family someday, but until then her characters will do nicely.

Follow @loretta.lost on Instagram for cute photos of her cat reading books. He refuses to cooperat

Clarity (5 books)
  • Clarity Book Two (Clarity, #2)
  • Clarity Book Three (Clarity, #3)
  • After the Storm (Clarity, #4)
  • Loving Liam (Clarity, #5)
“If a person reads a good book—they become permanently changed. They can’t even help it. They can’t unlearn what they’ve learned. It will always be with them.” 17 likes
“Books are medicine for the soul. They heal the eternal parts of a person.” 13 likes