Start by marking “Runners, Vol. 1: Bad Goods (Runners, #1)” as Want to Read:
Runners, Vol. 1: Bad Goods (Runners, #1)

Runners, Vol. 1: Bad Goods (Runners, #1)

Intergalactic smuggling isn't easy when you're hounded by pirates, bounty hunters, police, and the occasional conscience…

It's just another day in the life of reluctant smuggler Roka Nostaco and his ragtag alien crew as they struggle to complete a particularly dangerous run for the mob. Their adventure takes them from shootouts with pirates to ship-to-ship dogfights with ru
Paperback, Black-and-White Edition, 168 pages
Published July 1st 2005 by Serve Man Press

To ask other readers questions about Runners, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runners, Vol. 1

Nick
May 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Not a classic, but a lot of fun. Improbable aliens, space battles, smugglers with hearts of gold, betting on the battles...all the cliches are there, but told well.
Bad Goods is a story arc about a smuggling run gone horribly wrong, with some slapstick adventures tossed in for good measure. There is only a small amount of back story in this volume, which leaves a LOT of room. For instance, one of the characters has what I assume is an artificial arm, made of...umm...well, it's not clear what it's
Jay
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I interviewed writer/artist Sean Wang at this year's Rhode Island Comic Con as part of an article that I wrote about the convention, I asked him what his 30 second pitch was to get people interested in his sci-fi graphic novel series "Runners".

His reply was: "It’s a fun sci-fi action comedy about alien smugglers. And if you if like Star Wars, Firefly, Guardians of the Galaxy, that kind of fun space opera then you’ll definitely like it. It is the sort of thing where I feel like everyone who
Brian
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I cay? I have no complaints. Got plenty of praise though. This is a combination of solid story telling, witty dialogue, and balanced characters. It is about the misadventures of a space crew that transports questionable goods just so they can keep food on the table. Each member brings a particular charm that makes you unable not to root for them. Back story is placed expertly and told in a way that sometimes does not even need words to express the gut wrenching emotion behind every pane ...more
Drew Woodworth
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really fun pulpy science fiction! If you like Star Wars and/or Guardians of the Galaxy style of space opera, this is the book for you! Great diverse cast of characters, and all of them are well developed. The second book is even better as it builds on the characters and starts to explore their past.
Mikey The High School Librarian
This was awesome! I don’t even like space ship anything but the characters and story was excellent. This reminds me very much of Bucky O’hare! I’ll be reading more of this one, I almost feel like this could work as an animated series!
Matt
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"This is the comic book you're looking for." A fun, well-crafted jaunt about a (bad) day in the life of smugglers that could have been pulled from the Mos Eisley cantina. The characters are fun, funny, and easy to like, and the action and gags keep on coming. I'm looking forward to reading #2, "The Big Snow Job."
Edward Linder
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very fun read from an author/artist who has previously wrote for The Tick. It has a cast of characters that are as fun as the crew from Serenity. Moving to the next book Bad goods two.
Rob Schmidt
Jan 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Not deep, but solid entertainment in the "Star Wars" vein.
Justin
Apr 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, sf
smuggler science fiction. Not a huge tonne of innovation, but really well-executed banter and adventure, like a really good Traveller campaign.
Shaun Clamp
Matthew Middleton
May 12, 2014
Ben
Dec 26, 2007
Sean Wang, an MIT architecture graduate, got his start in the comics industry writing and drawing seasonal specials for THE TICK, published by New England Comics. He also wrote and illustrated the 6-issue TICK AND ARTHUR series, in which the duo joined a superteam of equally-dysfunctional heroes.

In 2006, Sean illustrated MELTDOWN for Image Comics, which chronicles the final days of a volatile supe