Start by marking “Meet the Bigfeet (The Yeti Files, #1)” as Want to Read:
Meet the Bigfeet (The Yeti Files, #1)

Meet the Bigfeet

(The Yeti Files #1)

A hilarious new chapter book series from the bestselling author/illustrator of I'M THE BIGGEST THING IN THE OCEAN.

Blizz Richards is a great guy, a caring boss, and a loyal friend. Oh, yeah...he's also a yeti! He's made it his life's mission to study cryptids like him, hidden animals who have taken a powerful oath to never be seen by the outside world.

So when a photo of Cou
Published September 30th 2014 by Scholastic Press (first published September 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Meet the Bigfeet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meet the Bigfeet

Start your review of Meet the Bigfeet (The Yeti Files, #1)
Richard Cardenas
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 STARS!!

I got this in the February "Wild Magic" Owlcrate Jr. box. It looked like a quick and fun read so I went ahead and sat down and read it. It took me about 30 mins to get through and it had tons of awesome illustrations. It was funny, cute, and fun read. I think if you have a bro/sis or son/daughter who loves funny chapter books, they would get a kick out of this one and so will you. :)

- Richard

*Even though I mentioned Owlcrate Jr. and do receive free boxes for review, I am not being compe
Brandy
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, reviewed
I requested a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I have another of Kevin Sherry's books, I'm The Biggest Thing in the Ocean, and the kids and I both love his artwork from this preschool book. The Yeti Files does not disappoint. This book is packed full of funny and creative illustrations for young readers. I would recommend this book for children who are ready to move beyond stages reading books but not quite ready for the amount of words in a typical chapter book ...more
Ms. Yingling
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it
This came down on the elementary side. I was hoping for a notebook novel (since it's 128 pages), but it read more like the world's longest picture book. I also was not entirely convinced of the Yeti culture.

Authentic Yeti culture. Sigh. Sometimes I wonder about my job! And me!
Mehsi
I am so happy I bought this one when I spotted it at the second-hand part of the book store I was at on Saturday.

I was already flipping through it when I spotted it, so I knew it had a lot of potential to be great. And it was! It is about Blizz. Sounds like a normal guy? Right? But actually Blizz is a Yeti! And he is trying to hide his existence (there is some sort of pact set by all the cryptids in the world) and live the good life.

As the book continues we see a bit more of Blizz's life, but
Therése Åström
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating by my 9 year old son, but I enjoyed it too! He didn’t give it five stars because he wanted it to be longer. We enjoyed the drawings and thought it was a fun read!
Joy
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: jfic-fantasy, jfic
Good choice for a transitional reader.
Michelle
I think some of my students would absolutely love this because it's funny, easy to follow, and quick to read.
Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict)
This chapter book is so much fun and perfect for reluctant readers. My son and I read this one together (as a read aloud) and we both enjoyed it. I loved the humor and my son loved all the fun monsters in the book. The illustrations were also really great! We are looking forward to continuing with the series.
Fatimah
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I used to not like to read blithe or fantasy books as always. But I wanted to try something new and it was good start. I really liked the book how is it entertaining and talk about how can you make new friends easily by being a kind and smiley person. the book is about the "yeti" is a yeti a man? no, is a yeti a ape? no.
he's an creature has powerful paws, gigantic hear, loud mouth, fur coat, IQ somewhere between Einstein and a land tortoise, friendly demeanor, bottomless pit belly, stinky elepha
Susan  Dunn
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-fiction
Blizz Richards is a yeti. He lives in the mountains of Nepal in a secret lair equipped with comic books, a tire swing and a hot tub. Yetis are a kind of cryptid - hidden animals whose existence has never been proven. The Loch Ness Monster is a cryptid, as are mermaids, leprechauns and Bigfoot. Blizz and all of the other cryptids have taken a vow never to be seen by the outside world. Blizz and his family used to have a big reunion every year at his cousin Brian's house in Canada. Everyone would ...more
Becky B
Blizz is a yeti. He's a kind of cryptid. Cryptids are really big on staying out of the public eye. So it is tricky to do things like get together for family reunions, but Blizz and his cousins still like to make the effort. This year, though, cousin Brian the bigfoot accidentally got spotted and photographed by a crazy old man who now thinks himself a cryptozoologist. Will the family reunion be safe from the prying eyes of a man with a camera? And just where has Brain gotten to? Blizz and his fr ...more
Raina
Aug 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: funny, j, illustra-hybrids
Cute silly illustra-hybrid featuring a Bigfoot and a Cryptozoologist by the author of beloved picture books such as I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean.
Meant to take it out the elementary schools, but it didn't make the list this year.

The Sasquatch are more monster-like than humanoid. There is an off-duty Santa's elf, too - this isn't taking cryptoscience seriously at all (wink wink). There's a lack of internal logic, which is fine and fun, but didn't scratch all of my itches, coming from the
Kristine Hall
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Elementary kids are going to love this series. The characters are mostly cryptids -- hidden animals whose existence has never been proven, and who have all taken oaths of secrecy. As you might imagine, the cryptids are a colorful and kind group who just want to do their thing without the pesky PEOPLE trying to ruin their existence.

The drawings are fun and there is lots of detail on each page for readers to study as they get to know the yeti and other cryptids. (The yeti faces reminded me of the
Jess
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Blizz sets out to a family reunion of the Bigfeet brothers and sisters. Along the way they discover that cousin Brian had his photo captured by a photographer that is determined to prove that Bigfoot is real. In this comedic junior novel with distinct fun touch in the illustrations that sold it for me. Similar in style to "Scaredy squirrel" in that there are certain objects and things pointed out in the illustrations for the viewer. Worth a good laugh. Good boy book although girls would like it ...more
Georgette Quinn
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Randomly chose this book for my daughter, who loves graphic novels. I know this isn't really classified as a graphic novel. I'm not sure what you would call it. It is a chapter book/picture book. At any rate, she loved it and told me that I had to read. This reminds me of the fun Bad Kitty series. We are hoping that The Yeti Files is a long lasting series. We found it funny and charming. I loved that one of the messages is to treat your dog right! We love this book!
Cara
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: nkyclear
The book seems appropriate for grades 2-4. I feel like it was fast paced, humorous, and very easy to read. It was a cute book and the characters were really likeable. I could see this book being checked out by children ages seven through twelve who enjoy animals, humor, comic books, and action. This book is a mix between a comic book and a chapter book. It would be fun to use in a program involving cryptozoology. (Review by Amanda Curless)
Andy
Oct 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, j-fiction, library
This was a fun book for young readers, filled with goofy characters and nice artwork. It also has some pretty good lessons on friendship and minding your own business, but it's probably the type of book a kid would read only once (unless he/she wants to practice drawing some of the book's characters).
Lauren Hockaday
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is about Blizz Richards and his cryptid friends. When George Vanqulst takes a picture of Blizz's cousin Brian he runs away. They have to go to Canada to find him

I really like this book because it is soooooooo cute. The character Gunthar is the best thing in the book. And the unicorn is also cool.
Daniel Garcia
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like nice not monster just smile play without party fun social. They one person men human wanted are live where old house or monster reason have to get photo camera please hold on that camera give to who am Blizz ncie with friend?
Amy
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My kids adore this book because it's "easy" but has a more complex sense of humor.
Laurian Vega
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
A good read for Cam. The comic book style was a little difficult but he likes the pictures that went with that style much more than the other pages.
Elisabeth
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Funny like Dav Pilkey but maybe for a slightly younger crowd who has yet to explore the joys of toilet humor. Can't wait for the next one.
Jennifer Wolf
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Corbin: I like how there's a wrench in Blizz's stomach, and how his dog can do lots of tricks. It's a really funny and good book.
Barry Li
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has so much fun with a lots of unusual but wonderful thinking.
Piecance
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book because it was funny, it was interesting, and it had a lot of drama!!! You need to read this book!!!
A Girl Among Books
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My 9 year old dislikes reading (MUCH to my chagrin). He has to read 20 minutes every evening for homework. So, you can imagine it's a struggle. I was shopping and picked this book up on a whim, hoping it might be something he liked. My son read this book in a few days (which is a HUGE deal). He would read a few pages in the morning on the way to school and a few pages in the car on the way home from school. He wasn't even 1/2 way through the book when he asked if there were more in the series. I ...more
Stefanie Burns
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Silly series starter where Blizz, the Yeti, gets invited to his family reunion. The reader learns a lot about where he lives and how Blizz and a large number of other “imaginary” creatures have all signed a pack to not be caught. No one must have proof of their existence.

Blizz is excited about his reunion but first must find his cousin who has run away since a photo of him has been leaked to the public. There are several other characters and we meet a lot of them including an arch nemesis. It’s
Symonne Hickman
Have you have ever a read one of the yeti files books before well if you have not then you should read them all by Kevin Sherry. This is about a animal that lives in a cave who tries to find his lost family but meets some other pretty cool animals that are just like him. I like this book because it a lot of animals and action. In one part of the book they had to hide from a hunter who was trying to kill his kind. I would recommend this book a fiction and fairy tale reader.
Abdullah Köksal
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Blizz the Yeti's family meeting place:
There are wheel slides, sliding zips, trambolines, barbecue place, volleyball courts, a perfectly working telescope and lots of things with full of fun. I was surprised when I saw the place in ruins. :( :( :(
But all the cryptids were continuing their jobs like nothing happened, although even the perfectly working telescope was turned into a rotten terrible, not working telescope.
Misty Mount
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so fun to read with my son! The art is really good and we had fun finding all the little details. There are so many nonsensical kids books out there so I was happy to find the characters and story line all added up and progressed nicely. If I mention one complaint, it’s that some of the words are way too advanced for a young kids book. However, this just gives parents an excuse to read it to their kids I suppose. 🙂
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Infamous Ratsos (The Infamous Ratsos, #1)
  • Stick Dog (Stick Dog, #1)
  • Rise of the Balloon Goons (The Notebook of Doom, #1)
  • Leroy Ninker Saddles Up
  • Sparks! (Sparks! #1)
  • Dragons Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #2)
  • Inspector Flytrap
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #3)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 10: The Baddest Day Ever
  • The Red Maze
  • Mac Undercover (Mac B., Kid Spy #1)
  • Glitch
  • Field Trip
  • Mia Mayhem Is a Superhero!
  • InvestiGators
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 2: Mission Unpluckable
  • The First Misadventure (Chicken Squad Misadventure #1)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 7: Do-You-Think-He-Saurus?!

The Yeti Files (3 books)
  • Monsters on the Run (The Yeti Files #2)
  • Attack of the Kraken (The Yeti Files #3)