Start by marking “Andromeda's War (Legion of the Dammed, #0.3)” as Want to Read:
Andromeda's War (Legion of the Dammed, #0.3)

Andromeda's War

(Legion 0.3)

“Returning to his Legion of the Damned universe, Dietz illustrates why he’s a master of the genre" (RT Book Reviews). And in Andromeda’s War, his heroine will face her ultimate test—as a battle-scarred legionnaire and as an innocent young woman who once lost everything…

Now a platoon leader, Legionnaire Andromeda McKee seems to have successfully left behind her true identit
Published December 2nd 2014 by Ace (first published November 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Andromeda's War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Andromeda's War

Nancy
Apr 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This book tied up all of the loose ends from the first two books of the trilogy. I did not like it as much as the earlier books because the last book did not have the "fire" of the first two. I kept reading it to the end to see how the characters ended up.
Lee Belbin
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
After reading this book, I figured the cover (that I never bother with, given ebooks) would have scanty clad woman. Very light escape holiday read. When the characters start saying "Sir, yes sir", my interest drops 99%. The heroine (which is ncie for a change) is invinceable - as all such are in situation where the stats are very much against survival, but this is science FICTION. The goodies are great, the baddies are evil. Not an intellectual challenge. More a kids romp. Not sure I will bother ...more
Simon
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good solid piece of space opera in a well-developed universe not overly burdened with real physics. This final in the trilogy wraps up Andromeda's tale in a satisfying but not particularly surprising way. It has some great combat sequences and manages to wrap up all the plot lines quite tidily. This trilogy is a great scene-setter for the Legion of the Damned series that follows.
Andrew Herbert
In the end, this series kind of peters out. The end is predictable. This could have just been two books, but got strung out to three.

Dietz does action well, but this was more a "meh" than anything else.
Luke Charles
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I thought this book was just ok I feel like the third book should have concentrated more on Ophelia and Kat I would say that the series is better than the ending . I think it deserves about 3.5 stars I liked it but it wasnt great.
Patricia Litz
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
not bad. I would have to go back and read some of the earlier books on Andromeda aka Cat.
Thin premise but worked.
Carol
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great end to the trilogy. Quick reads that kept my interest throughout.
Sandra
Mar 28, 2016 rated it liked it
In Andromeda's Fall, Lady Catherine "Cat" Carletto's family had been killed, finding she had also been targeted for death by Empress Ophelia. Escaping capture and enlisting in the Legion of the Damned, she changes her name to Andromeda McKee to avoid further attempts at detection. In Andromeda's Choice, Andromeda had spent a year in the Legion of the Damned and got summoned to Earth to receive the Order of Merit from the one person she hated more than any other enemy -- the empress herself. She ...more
Regina
Oct 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Forced to go on the run after her family was assassinated by the usurping empress Ophelia, high-flying socialite Cat Carletto opted for an unorthodox hiding spot: joining the ragtag militia known as the Legion. Under the name Andromeda McKee, she’s quickly risen through the Legion’s ranks, using her sharp instincts and keen strategic ability to lead her platoon to several victories. After a devastating attack on Algeron, where McKee and her soldiers were trying to broker an agreement among the n ...more
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
bkwurm
Sep 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
And the final book just makes it worse. Seriously, surely any attempt to contact the enemy leader for face to face talks would start with feelers being sent out via intermediaries and only after long hard negotiations, would representatives meet to discuss terms for further meetings. The idea that a small group of heavily armed troops would be sent out to blindly wander around enemy territory looking for the enemy leader to start talks is just too ridiculous for words.

And the only way a member o
Fredrick Danysh
Apr 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
After the murder of her parents by the government, Lady Catherine Carletto, aka Andromedia McKee joins the Legions in order to hide. When the Empress is ambushed and kidnapped by the enemy, she is ordered to take part in the rescue although the Empress's cyborgs will try to kill her on sight and warring tribes will kill any humans. A good sci-fi read.
Blake Walker
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military-sci-fi
Not being exposed to The Legion of the Damned series, this was a good intro to it. The main protagonist, Andromeda McKee, is forced to make hard choices regarding her Legion commission and getting justice for her murdered family. The setting on Terra seemed realistic and I enjoyed the battle scenes. William Dietz is a solid writer who's learned his craft well...
Conal
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good finish to an exciting series. I really enjoyed the the story line as the series progressed. Hopefully he will write some further story lines within this universe.

4.5 Stars for a really fun story.
Steven Allen
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-to-go, not-kept
This was a very good book and a satisfying end to the Andromeda McKee trilogy. I wonder if there will be more books featuring McKee. I have enjoyed reading all of the Legion of the Damned books and look forward to reading many more.
Sylvia McIvers
William Dietz's books keep calling me from the selves - great covers, great back-cover text - and the story-line also calls me, but the writing style throws me out. Every time. Must try to remember this next time I see a great-looking book with great back-cover text.
Mark Baller
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
finally a military SCi Fi that ends happy!!!!!
Fiannawolf
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Biased book nerd loves the Legion. Who knew? I wonder if his older books influenced Harrington at all?

Onward to the next one.
Normalene
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved the end as it wasn't what I thought it would be. Loved the world-building, and the character development and now i want to read all the other books in the other series.
James
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've enjoyed Andromeda's story. Possibly the ending felt a little soft, but I haven't read the original Legion stories yet to see how it fits in. Regardless, Dietz writes solid Mil SF.
Bob
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the series. I like strong female protagonists in military sci-fi settings.
Maurynne  Maxwell
Jan 13, 2015 rated it liked it
My friend liked it better than the first two and I liked it about the same. Solid work.
Vincent Stoessel
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
More a 3.75. Happy to come to the end of the journey. Nicely wrapped up the story arch but the end had me scratching my head. Maybe more to come in the main series?
Neeuqdrazil
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it
This one ended way too easily - everything got tied up in a nice little bow, and it just didn't feel right.
Christian
A somewhat unsatisfactory, but logical conclusion to the 3 part arc of Cat Carletto alias Andromeda Mckee
Alastar
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Like the other two books it was a very interesting read. I do like our now feisty Lt.
James
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, sf
Decent military SF.
Doreen Dalesandro
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Genre: sci-fi
Rating: 3.75
I listened to this book.

IMHO, the best of the trilogy.

Isabelle Gordon does a great job narrating.
wsuds
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
sau kết thúc thê lương của Damnation, cuốn sách này đã giup tôi cảm thấy cuộc đời hường phấn trở lại =)) ...more
Richard Irwin
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good book, good ending. The scenarios were reasonably well done, luck was included, as it often is in reality!
  • Poets and Piracy (Black Ocean #3)
  • A Confederation of Valor (Confederation, #1-2)
  • Unrelenting (Kris Longknife, #13)
  • The Ninth Circle (Tour of the Merrimack, #5)
  • Cobra Bargain (Cobra, #3)
  • Suited (The Veiled Worlds, #2)
  • Incursion (Merkiaari Wars, #5)
  • The Point
  • Xibalba (Dane Maddock #8)
  • The Soldier King (Dhulyn and Parno, #2)
  • Hardship (Theirs Not to Reason Why, #4)
  • Overkill (Orphan's legacy, #1)
  • Operation Shield (Cassandra Kresnov, #5)
  • The Matador's Crown (Rogue Angel, #38)
  • Steelheart Chapter Sampler
New York Times bestselling author William C. Dietz has published more than fifty novels, some of which have been translated into German, Russian, and Japanese. He grew up in the Seattle area, served as a medic with the Navy and Marine Corps, graduated from the University of Washington, and has been employed as a surgical technician, college instructor, and television news writer, director and prod ...more

Legion (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Andromeda's Fall (The Prequel Legion Series, #1)
  • Andromeda's Choice (The Prequel Legion Series, #2)
  • Legion of the Damned (Legion, #1)
  • The Final Battle (Legion, #2)
  • By Blood Alone (Legion, #3)
  • By Force of Arms (Legion, #4)
  • For More Than Glory (Legion, #5)
  • For Those Who Fell (Legion, #6)
  • When All Seems Lost (Legion, #7)
  • When Duty Calls (Legion, #8)
“The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him. NICCOLÒ MACHIAVELLI The Prince Standard year circa 1513” 0 likes