Start by marking “Let It Snow (Hope Falls, #8)” as Want to Read:
Let It Snow (Hope Falls, #8)

Let It Snow

(Hope Falls #8)

Thirteen years ago…his world fell apart after his soul mate left him in the middle of an unforeseen tragedy that would bind them together forever. Ever since, sexy Fireman Jake Maguire busied himself by putting out fires in buildings and starting them in women, all in an attempt to extinguish the fire she set off in him all those years ago.

Thirteen years ago…she made the
Published February 22nd 2014 by Red Hot Reads Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Let It Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let It Snow

Terric853
Nancy Stopper
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let It Snow is a great second-chance love story. I love Jake. He's strong and brooding. He's harbored his feelings for Tessa since the day she left and fights his feelings for her from the minute she returns to town. I love his relationship with his family and friends - it's clear they would all do anything for each other.

Tessa is a bit of a hot mess in this story. It's like she can't catch her breath from the minute we meet her, crossing her legs while driving down the highway in search of a ba
Sjoukje
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: melanie-shawn
Oh wow... I think this has been my favorite book in the series so far! Jake is just so, so intense!! and his relationship with Tessa... so hot!

I loved the little bit of mystery from the beginning, youre dying to know why she left when they so obviously were crazy about one another and when you finally realize you dont know whether to scream at her or totally understand why she did it.

The only bit I did not like, was Jakes previous manwhore status [spoiler] I mean... being with another girl only
Jo-Anne
Jake Maguire and Tessa Hayes were in love when they were 17 and planned to spend their lives together and raise a family. But after Tessa had a miscarriage and learned she couldn't have more children, she left the small town and Jake without telling him. She though it was the best thing she could do for him so he could find someone else to have a family with. She went to live with her grandmother and became a well known photojournalist. When her grandmother developed dementia she had to quit her ...more
Vicki
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-romance
Sweet rediscovery

Thirteen years earlier Tessa had left Jake In Hope Falls. Now she was back and she thought she could handle it. The story gas so many sweet moments.
Jake and Tessa are really a cute couple. They just need to communicate better. A very good read.
Marissa Chavez
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tessa and Jake's story was perfect. Sure they had there up and downs but they worked everything out. It was sweet to see how much love they had for one another. Such an amazing book!
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

Oh how I loved Let it Snow! With a different author I might have hated it, but I loved it. Jake and Tessa...man. I heart them so much! It was a bumpy ride, but oh so good.

Thirteen years ago Jake and Tessa were in love. They had their lives planned out for them. Get married, have kids, just be happy. Everything was perfect until Tessa leaves suddenly devastating Jake. He still hasn't gotten over it and he still doesn't know why she left
Jamie Rhodes
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite of the Hope Falls Series. I loved every minute of this book even when I was crying. I have been waiting to read Jake's book. I loved his snarky attitude during the other books. He is the fire chief of Hope Falls. This is a second chance love story. Tess and Jake were together until she left him 13 years prior. The problem is that he doesn't know why she left him. He has turned into a bit of a man-whore since losing Tessa. I felt the nervousness and excitement when they met ag ...more
Jennifer Gallagher
The writing Duo of Melanie and Shawna have done it again... At last the story of Jake and his Tessa..This is really awesome story of first love ...a true love... that shattered Jake when Tessa left 13 years ago.. he never could understand why.. she is back in Hope Falls.. I so love this series and all the characters I have come to love.. Will Jake get his answers ?? Will Tessa leave him again.. I have to admit I cried.. screamed.. wanted knock their head together at times.. especially Jake.. I h ...more
Books and Spoons
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Do you believe in everlasting love? For one soul mate? For just one person to love for your whole life? What would you be willing to give up for that kind of love, for the other person's happiness?
Let it Snow is an emotional, adorable, steamy, sweet, sexy, hot-as-all-get-out journey of two soul mates way back to each other.
It will make your heart ache, brake, and sigh. You hold your breath, while turning the pages, just cheering for them to find the way back to each other.
Absolutely the best o
Pamela Lunder
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was by far the best book in this series. I cried so many tears while reading this story. The tragic past of Tessa and Jake just made this seem so real. They were meant to be together. Loved the ending. You guys could not have ended this series with a better story. Loved the whole series. Thank you.
Lacey Black
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This may be my favorite Hope Falls novel! I LOVE Jake and Tessa's story! From the very beginning, it's dramatic and engaging. I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. Plus, you get the added bonus of still finding out what is going on with all your other favorite Hope Falls residents. Loved it! I hope there will be more!! Levi's story, maybe??
Michelle Thomas
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another hit!

Once again I'm left swooning, happy, and wishing I lived in Hope Falls. Every story touches my senses and leaves me fully present as a fly on the wall in these wonderful stories:) Loved it!
Deb
Feb 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
It always amazes me how many books would not exist if two people just had a conversation. This is one of those stories. I liked the characters. I love the setting, but the time wasted always depresses me.
Christina Boronkas
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing....

This story made me cry smile and hope for Jake and Tessa. Their past will hurt your heart but at the same time make you happy that true love prevails. Their story shows that you can lose everything and still win.
Courtney Vasiliev
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is currently free on Amazon

4.5 Stars
This is such a sweet romance. Maybe a tad bit frustrating at times, but It made me feel a range of emotions. Definitely a quick cute cotemporary that pulled me out of my book slump!

Full review to come
Staci
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I have been waiting for Jake's story while reading all of the siblings books. It did not disappoint. It really brought me back to that feeling of first love and "what if". I love that there were glimpses of all the other couples from previous books in this book as well.
Kim
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this one was my favorite! Just when I think they can't get any better....
Wendy Moore
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great read!!!! Love your books :)
Yonina
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good love story of fireman and his former high school loved one.....who left town and has now returned........Excellent portrayal of family and friends who interact......
Kim Andrade
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing read in the Hope Falls series!!! Get the series, you will LOVE it!!!
Andrea Cordova
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love it!!
Catherine Crook
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT! Can't get enough of this author! In my FAVE FIVE for sure!
Full review to come soon!
Donna Morrison
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I knew it was going to be an emotional journey, but I didn't expect all of that. If you have been reading this series this is one of the books I know you have been waiting on and let me tell you it does not disappoint. It will have you frustrated at times at Tessa, but Jake will calm you down just like he calms her in the book. I loved these two together and I hope that like the other books we get glimpses of them in the future. This was a very well written book and I can't wait to read mor ...more
Nancy
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Simple plot, ignorant mistakes

Basic story line.. got a bit on my nerves at the end with the characters' insecurities but what really upset me was the fact that the writter or anyone else for that matter never bothered to make a simple Google translate search on the msny times in correct word mesning treasure in italian! I mean for God's sake how difficult is to do a Google search?????? This "tesero" thing really got on my nerves. If you are not willing to do the research snd u dont know the lang
Mercedes
Dec 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't get on with this story. There was very little real plot line and the twist was glaringly obvious the moment they began to 'reveal' titbits of it. The protagonists left a lot to be desired in the form of characters you want to read about. They're both annoyingly unreasonable and their internal monologues - especially Tessa's - were eye-rollingly irritating. Sorry, not one I'd recommend, I find it difficult to believe these was written by a best selling author as the front cover suggest ...more
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Review
4.5 Stars
I really enjoyed this book and the connection between Jake and Tessa. However, there is one detail from their past that kept this from being a 5 star read from me. Maybe that’s not fair but I really can’t stop thinking about those THREE DAYS and that’s not fair!! I understand the reasoning and it’s nothing that’s unforgivable but just frustrating. And now I’m off to the next book in this series.
Cynthia
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Second Chances

At first love. Tessa came to live with her Gram her senior year in high school and fell I love with Jake. Then she got pregnant at the end of school and had a miscarriage. She left and he went to college. Now she was back because her Gram died and left her the house 9 months earlier. And the first night they run into each other. Can they be honest with each other and find love again.
Kelly Cook
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jake and Tessa met in high school and started an amazing love story before life and a tragedy got in the way with Tessa leaving Hope Falls.

Thirteen years later Tessa is back and love that was there seems to back too.

The story was easy to read and it was easy to see them together and want to see them together.

I’m really looking forward to the next book in the series.

This is book 8 of the Hope Falls series
Chessela Helm
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was good, but probably the weakest in the 4-8 group. There isn't a lot of communicating between Jake and Tessa, and a lot of their angst could have been avoided if they had just been honest with each other. They do get their stuff together finally, and I liked both of them enough to be happy about that.
  • Going for Four (Just Everyday Heroes: Night Shift, #4)
  • One Snowy Night Before Christmas
  • Private Deceptions (Hauberk Protection, #1 and 3)
  • Exclusive
  • Hot Nights with the Fireman (Alpha Heroes, #1)
  • Crossing The Line
  • Murphy's Law
  • How to Seduce a Fireman (Wild Heat, #1)
  • The Touch Series Box Set (Touch, #1-3.5)
  • Four Weddings and a Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #5)
  • Blackthorne (Heart of Fame, #8)
  • All He Wants for Christmas
  • Redeeming Jack (Diable Delamere, #2)
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
NEW YORK TIMES & USA TODAY bestselling author Melanie Shawn is the writing team of sister duo Melanie and Shawna. Originally from Northern California, they now make their home in So Cal.

Growing up, Melanie constantly had her head in a book and was always working on short stories, manuscripts, plays and poetry. Shawna always loved romance in any form - movie, song or literary. If it was a love

Hope Falls (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Sweet Reunion (Hope Falls, #1)
  • Sweet Harmonies (Hope Falls, #2)
  • Sweet Victory (Hope Falls, #3)
  • Home Sweet Home (Hope Falls, #4)
  • Snow Angel (Hope Falls, #5)
  • Snow Days (Hope Falls, #6)
  • Snowed In (Hope Falls, #7)
  • Perfect Kiss (Hope Falls, #9)
  • Secret Kiss (Hope Falls, #10)
  • Magic Kiss (Hope Falls, #11)