Start by marking “Great Hair: Secrets to Looking Fabulous and Feeling Beautiful Every Day” as Want to Read:
Great Hair: Secrets to Looking Fabulous and Feeling Beautiful Every Day

Great Hair: Secrets to Looking Fabulous and Feeling Beautiful Every Day

3.4  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
"In this book you will find my voice, my vision, and all of the advice I willingly and happily share with anyone who seeks me out, sits in my chair, and asks me for help. I hope it inspires you to be confident and beautiful; sexy and happy!"
– Nick Arrojo

Nick Arrojo is known nationwide for his ability to give women hairstyles that bring out their individual beauty. Every w
Published April 15th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published September 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Great Hair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Great Hair

Nic
Apr 15, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Deserves a 3.5 at least, anyway, but I'm disappointed that it wasn't the miracle instruction book I'd hoped for.

I never quite feel I know what to do with my hair. I certainly wouldn't say it's bad, or even uncooperative, but I wouldn't flinch from calling it uninspired, at least some of the time. I'm looking at getting a trim soon, and as usually happens when I'm about to get a trim, I feel tempted by what seems like a world of possible new cuts I could get rather than just take off an inch and
Michelle
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book has very general information that would be good for teenagers or anyone who knows absolutely nothing about hair. There are better tips in beauty magazines, and there are definitely no "secrets" in here. Overall a basic book that is not very useful to me. Glad I borrowed it from the library and didn't buy it, because it would be a waste of shelf space.
Deb
Jan 10, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
When I win the lottery Nick Arrojo will cut my hair! Filled with lots of hair info and tips, and tons of really nice photos of "real" people, with very readable text, I enjoyed it thoroughly. However, I did show my hairdresser a picture which was supposed to me a good cut for thick hair and she said the models hair was not as thick as mine :-(
Aspasia
Mar 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love watching TLC's What Not To Wear. Nick Arrojo always gives the makeover candidate beautiful, wearable hair. His book is full of beautiful photographs of real women and real hair. This book is chock full of styling and coloring tips for women of all hair types.
Julie
Oct 28, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just like Carmindy's book, I wish I would have bought this one so Nick could have signed it when I met him. I've been using some of his tricks with my hair and I can really tell a difference.
MBP
Some good styling tips and product information - but no information on gray hair.
Robin
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After 13 years I finally decided to get my hair cut and styled. This was a good reintroduction into the world of hair salons.
Christa
Jun 28, 2009 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
didn't finish whole book, just read what's relevant.
Mar 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, so helpful!!
Sep 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked it but don't know how much he really told me that I didn't already know. It makes me wanna go to cosmetology school.
Rasbandg
Useful book about types of hair and how to choose a cut, considering best colors for your hair, and hair maintenance. Very helpful.
Beth
Dec 16, 2009
Sonya
May 25, 2013
Catherine
rated it did not like it
Jun 29, 2012