Start by marking “Reap (The Harvest Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reap (The Harvest Saga, #1)

Reap

(The Harvest Saga #1)

The remnants of the United States of America have been divided. From five enormous, technologically-advanced cities, the Greaters rule over the Lessers.

In the Lesser village of Orchard, things are not as perfect as Abby Kelley thinks they are. When the apple harvest draws near and the Greaters' engineered fruits become too much for one village to handle alone, reinforceme
Published 2014 by Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Reap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reap

Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Abigail Blue has taken a beating after she defended a child who stole an apple in the orchard. She was willing to take it all, the pain, the suffering, the consequences, as long as the child was spared. But what she didn't anticipate was the additional punishment she received afterwards. To work as a servant at the most hated person in the Orchard, at Zander Preston's residence.

Then, her bestfriend Kyan decided to reveal his true feelings for her, when he was already engaged to someone else. And
tamilnadu09
simply terrible. It would have gotten one star if it hadn't started out so well. It quickly went downhill and proceeded to get more and more ridiculous as the story progressed. Abigail is described as a plain Jane wearing worn out clothes tattered with holes and dirt- oh but every male she comes into contact with falls in love with her. Love triangle? Oh no, more like love pentagon. Her best friend, her sworn enemy, the new guy in town, and even the guard at the palace all want a piece of her.

T
Tina
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Author Casey Bond put me through such sweet torture while reading Reap(book 1 in The Harvest Saga). She ripped my heart open, stitched it up only to rip each stitch out one at a time. I loved every agonizing second of it! What a unique and exciting adventure. Simply put, I COULD NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN.

There are 3 things I look for in a book and the key to making it a great book for me. The characters are the first. They need to be relateable and I need to feel their experiences, allowing me to c
Nathalie*
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I might change my review I have to mull it over!

This story is not boring its intense in the way that she just doesn't get a break ..everything seems to happen to her .. But she's so strong and strong willed and her values and point of views are so strong , everyone seems to lie to her and she just brushes it off and learns to be more cautious ..she's great! I really liked her best friend and grey .. Grey is great!

Please crew please be great!
Becca

It's been a long, long time, since I have read a book in one day, even probably longer still that I stayed fully awake until 2am reading said book. I can't even began to tell you how much you NEED to read this book. Do yourself a favor, and do it. Seriously. Just DOOOO ITTTT

Song Choice: "We Might Be Dead by Tomorrow" Soko, "The Way That I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson

First thoughts: Holymygoodness, okay so honestly going into this, I knew a little bit about it, cough i knew it was a dystopia cough t
Rachael Brownell
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Probably my favorite Casey book at this point. The characters were amazing, the story line was unique and at the end, I was screaming for more. I know this is going to be a series and the next book cannot come out fast enough. If you've never read anything by Casey Bond, you should start here. It was a fabulous read!
Katie Jones
I was instantly hooked on this. Yes, it's a little Hunger Games, without the actual games but for every similarity there is double the unique or different & the romance angle is definitely better without Peeta & with Kyan. Yes I'm totally team Kyan.
Tia Bach
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Abby "Blue" Kelley feels blessed. Her life is quite full thanks to her loving guardian, Lulu, and her two best friends, Ky and Laney. She's ready to do her part to make sure the apple harvest goes well for her village, but things start to get complicated. First, Kyan would like their relationship to go past friend status; Abby loves him, but more like a brother. Then the Councilman's son, an unsavory fellow from an equally unsavory family, expresses his desire to marry Abby. Actually, he demands ...more
Kris
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For the residents of Orchard, life is centered around a successful apple harvest. Abby and her community work tirelessly to meet quotas demanded by the Council and achieved by the enforcer, Norris. Under threat of punishment, workers focus on bountiful crops that are to be sent to the greater city of Olympus for distribution. It is a type of serfdom that keeps lessers and greaters in separate spheres; interaction between the groups is illegal.

Citizens of Orchard look forward to the harvest festi
Angie Taylor
Sep 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I really liked the premise for this story. The story line started out really strong. I loved the idea of Greaters and Lessers being divided into different social classes and groups. I loved that Abby Blue was born from a couple going against the societal norms, and who fell in love, disregarding what they had been taught about each other.

I continued to enjoy the Orchard part of the book, and loved the friendship between Ky and Abby. I felt like the Prescott's and the threat of Zander added great
Ruth Silver
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I've been looking for a new dystopian novel and Reap gave me exactly what I wanted and more. Fans of The Hunger Games, The Selection, and Birthmarked will want to pick up Reap by Casey Bond. A romantic dystopian tale set in the future, Reap is often bleak and filled with angst as any good dystopian book should be.

The characters Casey created in R
Rachel Barnard
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In a society where people are divided into castes, Lessers and Greaters, Abby lives as a Lesser in a Lesser village: Orchard. Her life is simple: harvest from the orchard and work every day for the Greaters’ Good. She is content. She has her best friend Kyan and Lulu, the aunt that raised her. But the next harvest is too much for Orchard alone and more Lessers from surrounding villages are called in to help. Abby starts to fall for Crew from Cotton, but he isn’t all that he seems. Something is g ...more
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autographed
I was warned by my friend Anna Coy that I'd want to throw my kindle across the room by the time I was done reading this book.

Abby Kelley lives in a dystopian world where she is a lesser. Her whole village is. There are Greaters in the world that rule over them. Having lived with her aunt since she was little, this is the only life she knows. She doesn't know anything about her parents or where she came from.

Her best friend, Kyan, would do anything to get her to notice him. Her feelings for him
Ember Shane
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*Dystopian YA*

An incredibly enjoyable read. Bond did a very nice job creating a believable love triangle. In some stories, there is a large consensus among readers who the clear and obvious match will be. I don't really consider those to be love triangles. In Reap, I really am not sure who I'd rather Abby end up with. Crew and Kyan are pretty much equal to me at this point. Maybe Kyan, but only because Crew comes with a whole lot of drama, LOL.

I've read some reviews that compared this novel to
Chris Bostic
Sep 24, 2014 rated it liked it
While three stars might seem a little low, especially considering the overall super-high rating for this book by others. I can honestly say that the Goodreads guideline is apt--I liked this story, but can't say that I really liked it.

The story line was fairly unique, though the idea of different villages producing different goods and the special capital city was a bit too much like Hunger Games for me.

The descriptions are nicely done. I had a pretty clear view of the place and the characters.
Casey Peeler
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Are you a Lesser or Greater? That is the question. Reap is the story of Abby. She lives with her Aunt Lulu in the Lesser community. She has a best friend named Kyan, and lives in Harvest. They work very long hours, but it’s not until Abby stands up for a little girl that things change. She is forced to work for the Preston family who have their own hidden agenda.

This year the harvest is CRAZY! Different groups of lessers are called in…. one hottie in particular, Crew who is from Cotton. At the e
Delisa Lynn
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story. It's a pretty quick read, with a few twist. I love this author, she has a way of making me feel her characters. I honestly never read a dystopian until, i read Devil Creek also by Casey L Bond. In this dystopian we meet Abby Kelley. Who was raised be her aunt. Her best friend Kyan is in love with her, but she doesn't have the same feelings for him. There is a new guy that has all of Abby's attention. Then there is Zander who want's Abby for himself. But once she loses ...more
Aret
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. Once I picked it up and started reading...I couldn't put it down. It was an amazing, emotional page turner.

I loved the characters, loved the characters I hated and loved the whole concept behind the story.

Casey is an exceptional writer. She knows how to tell a story that keeps you engaged and right in the thick of it all so you don't want to leave! I received this book in exchange for an honest review. As soon as i finished I went and purchased the second book! I can't wait to
Wendy
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reap was an engaging page-turner right from the very beginning! The description of the characters and setting allowed me to envision a vivid picture, and I was drawn into the exciting storyline immediately. I am so glad this is part of a series, because I look forward to knowing more and seeing what happens next! I will definitely be first in line for future books in this series, and I would highly recommend this book to everyone, especially fans of dystopian fiction and love-triangles!
Karen
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you like the dystopian genre, then I highly recommend Reap. It's a fast paced story that keeps you intrigued from start to finish. It's a very imaginative storyline and is not predictable as so many other stories can be. Reap touched on so many of my emotions and I loved the development of all of the characters. I was sad when I read my last chapter and can't wait until Book 2 in this series comes out!
Deausha Felker-sernicola
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Amazing book , loved all the characters.. The story is amazing . The twists and turns AMAZING . I really can't wait to see who she ends up with !!!! And how !! A bit of a cliffhanger at the end. but that makes you want to know more that's happened and where its going .. THIS IS A MUST read . TY Casey for a wonderful read that took me away and blew my mind !!!! WELL DONE
Esti
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 to 3 stars! So this started out really good, got kinda haphazard, went back to good, and then got rushed and a little... I dont know what the word is. I enjoyed the plot, the story idea was great but execution a little lacking. I really wish there was more character and story development. Not a fan of the insta-love, at least now how it was developed here. So much more could have been achieved with proper character development, it's now all at face value and kinda pull it from your sleeve. I ...more
Makenzie Nichols
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The novel Reap by Casey L, Bond is set in the United States of America. This is different from present time with different states. They go by Lessers and Greaters now. The main character lives in one of the lesser villages called Orchard. The genre of this book is dystopian fiction along with this comes romance too. It is also set around the harvest which is when the village starts to collect apples for the Greaters. But the unexpected happened.
The main characters are Abigail Blue Kelley also
Kathleen House
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Imagination

This is a good read and I'm looking forward to the next book in the series and I'm sure the one after that.
Coco.V
Mar 09, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/9/2019)! 🎁
Mike
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reap is a dystopian novel set in the not so distant future. After a deadly plague wipes out ninety percent of the worlds population society rebuilds with a new structure. Those whose genes are deemed to be superior become the leaders of the world - the Greaters. Everyone else is a Lesser. The Lessers do everything for the Greaters. And the two groups do not mingle. That is part of what makes Abigail Blue so special. No one but her Aunt Lulu knows that Abby is not a Lesser, not even Abby. Given t ...more
Jo Michaels
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Hunger Games fans
I snagged a copy of this book on Amazon and I'm so glad I did! It was an amazing little read and I got through it in just two days. You won't look at life the same way after you read this story. It's something you won't be able to quit thinking about when you're done reading (a sign of a great story). When you have to put it down to do something else, you'll be thinking about the story and yearning to pick it up again. But, enough of my rambling, let me tell you why it's awesome.

From a Reader's
Caffeine & Legends
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’m so full of emotions after this book. I’m torn between completely loving every second of it, and hating that I couldn’t put it down.
There was a solid hook at the beginning, and man does Casey L. Bond know how to keep you turning the pages! Reap follows Abagail Blue Kelley, a young girl from a farming territory. The descriptive scenery in the book meshed well with the fluctuating emotions and turmoil. This book felt well balanced in character background, romance, and plot development. I also f
Katy H
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Dystopian
Recommended to Katy by: Never Too Old For YA and NA, Casey L. Bond
This book was graciously provided to me, free of charge by the author, in exchange for a fair and unbiased review*

One more run-through with a fine toothed comb by the editor and this book would have been as close to perfection as it could be. I've come to expect a certain number of typos (especially in free books) but the changing of tenses threw me a bit the first few times.

Nevertheless the writing/storytelling was imaginative and downright fabulous, if you ask me!

I wanted so much to compare i
Lyss C
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
*I was kindly gifted a copy of Reap to read in exchange for an honest review.*

This book had me on a roller coaster of emotions. I was definitely surprised by some of the situations that arose and delighted to see how the story progressed. Abby is a great female lead, made of stern stuff due to her environment and her strong will to survive to fight for what she believes is right. Kyan and Crew were both interesting and had me rooting for them or against them at different times. There was one asp
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Vortex (Return of the Effra, #1)
  • Sacrifice (Gryphon #3)
  • Eden-South (Eden, #3)
  • Bears In Flight (Supernatural Bounty Hunter, #4)
  • Animal
  • Unless You Can Be a Unicorn (B3, #1)
  • When Night Falls (Regeneration, #1)
  • City of Secrets (Saskia Trilogy, #2)
  • Silence of the Wolves (Call of the Wilderness #1)
  • Dark Waltz (Praestani, #1)
  • TerrIIItory (Territory, #3)
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • Obliterate (Havoc, #2)
  • Step (The Senses, #2)
  • The Aqua Secret (The Aqua Saga #1)
  • The Synthesis and the Animus (The Phantom of the Earth, #3)
  • Promised (Promised Series, #1)
Award-winning author Casey L. Bond resides in Milton, West Virginia with her husband and their two beautiful daughters. She loves letting the figments of her imagination spill onto the blank page.

You can find more information about Bond’s books via the following links:
Website: www.authorcaseybond.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/authorcaseybond
Twitter & Instagram: @authorcaseybond

Available Boo

The Harvest Saga (3 books)
  • Resist (The Harvest Saga, #2)
  • Reclaim (The Harvest Saga #3)
“Kyan was pouring hot water that had been heating over the fire into a mug. The steam stretched long into the air above before disappearing.” 1 likes