Start by marking “Taken By Storm” as Want to Read:

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
(in Unraveled)
USA TODAY BESTSELLER (in Unraveled)

Jessica doesn't like to take risks, but when she's almost run over by a red hot rock musician named Storm on his motorcycle, she realizes that some risks are worth taking.

Prequel to HIS TO POSSESS

Length: 18,000 words (novella)

-----

Praise for Opal's other books:

5 Star
Published February 2nd 2014 by Opal Carew (first published February 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Taken By Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken By Storm

Dar
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This definitely is a HFN story, it is clear about that from the beginning, but it seems it is just the start to something bigger that is a whole other book. Still not sure if I am intrigued enough to check that out or not
Sheila
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Storm is a rock guitarist who almost runs over Jessica as she is walking home on the road. He offers her a ride on his bike but she is leery of him. Turns out he's there to audition for her brother's band. As she gets to know him she loosens up.

I enjoyed this novella. I liked the characters. I could understand Jessica's trepidation. I plan on reading more by this author.
Whispers From
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jessica’s car breaks down about five miles from town. She starts walking, when she sees headlights and tries to hide. But an animal scares her, she stumbles into the road, and almost gets hit by a motorcycle. Storm is a sexy motorcycle rider and offers to take Jessica home but she is wary of him. He finally convinces her to let him give her a ride and then asks her out. She refuses until she sees him playing with her brother’s band. He has just been hired as the new guitarist and decides to give ...more
Topaz May
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I would give this story 10 stars if I could. It was well thought out, had strong characters and a solid steamy sessions. Stable, non-risk taking Jessica has her car break down on her on a desolate stretch of road miles from town. Her salvation comes in the form of tattooed biker man Storm. He convinces her to let him take her home and the wild ride begins. Though this is short enough to read in 1 sitting, it will stay with you much longer. I requested this ARC so I could provide and honest revie ...more
Kate
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't like books that have different parts to them.
Teresa
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg, I couldn't put this hot little number down till the end. Only to find out its not the end. So, so sizzling and I really need a bad ass musician of my own.
As bad a Jessica's luck is. How lucky is she to find a guy like Storm. I want one and I'm going to keep looking after reading this book. Im not a spoiler so all I can say is its so incredible sexy that I couldn't stop reading till the very last words.
AngelinaT
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read His To Possess a while ago and I loved it. Taken by Storm is a prequel to that story and it tells the story of Jessica and Storm. Storm literally came and took Jessica “by storm” like the title suggests. He drove by to rescue her when she was stranded on the side of the road and they eventually fell for one another. I love how he treated her and how he helped her release her “inner bad girl”. This story is hot, hot, hot just like everything else Opal Carew writes. I highly recommend this ...more
Nicki Small
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Read this in dirty boys of summer box set and was very disappointed. I now understand from the reviews below that this is a prequel to another book about them. I can only hope that book is better because I struggled to actually see what this story was about. I really felt like I had wasted my time reading it.
Tami Hassebroek
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hot little read that gets you interested and keeps you wanting more .... I can't wait to read more from this author ! definitely one of my favorites! the only down side was this book was too short so I highly recommend that when you get this one...get the next book or two in this series at the same time.... you will fly through these as they are intoxicating delicious reads!
Rebecca Whaley
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
even though this was a short read, this book was awesome! I love storm and can't wait to learn more about him. Jessica is a character I can definitely relate to and watching her own up to new things was great. I would definitely recommend this and I'm glad I won it in a contest.
Kylie C
Jul 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Prequel to His to Possess.

Taken by Storm tells the story of how Jessica and Storm met... long before she met his brother and started working at the family firm.

A short read, that sets the scene for His to Possess which I highly recommend.

Would not recommend this book as a stand alone.
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
Jun 04, 2015 marked it as own-under-diff-title-or-anthology
Shelves: series, rock-star, prequel
Dirty Boys of Summer: Alphas, Billionaires, Bikers, and Jocks
Joy Boutwell
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taken by Storm by Opal Carew is another one of her great books. This short story tells how Jessica and Storm met.
Sanet
sweet and kinky... lots of should I or shouldn't I.

really cute start to a great love affair story
Liz
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
A thoroughly enjoyable quick read. I loved the characters and I can't wait to see what happens in the next instalment. Read as part of the Dirty Boys of Summer box set.
Crimson
Sep 21, 2015
Mary Theresa
Dec 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Rocked & Twisted Box Set (Lost in Oblivion, #1-2.5)
  • Rockers After Dark
  • Shaggy Maggie (Shaggy Maggie Band #1)
  • Crazy in Love (Blue Lake, #3)
  • A Seductive Melody (Kelly Brothers, #5)
  • Midnight Heat (Black Phoenix #2)
  • For Everything
  • Rockstar Romance Boxed Set
  • Broken Sound (Chasing Cross, #2; Brothers of Rock, #2)
  • Come Dancing (Jack and Julia #1)
  • On Heartbreak Ridge (Movie #4)
  • Hot For The Boss (Hot For The Boss, #1)
  • Bad Boys: Books 1-3 (Bad Boys #1-3)
  • Pleasure Point (San Francisco Dom, #3; Invitation to Eden, #16)
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • Winter's Burn (The Springs, #3)
  • Let's Make This Thing Happen
  • Revenge: The Complete Series (Erotic Rock Star Suspense Romance)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Opal Carew loves cats, Zentangle, and wild nail polish!

His to Possess (6 books)
  • The Seduction (His to Possess, #1)
  • The Morning After (His to Possess, #2)
  • Perfect Storm (His to Possess, #3)
  • True Lies (His to Possess, #4)
  • Entangled (His to Possess, #5)
  • Forever (His to Possess, #6)