Start by marking “Whispers of Darkness (The Deadwood Hunter, #2)” as Want to Read:
Whispers of Darkness (The Deadwood Hunter, #2)

Whispers of Darkness

(The Deadwood Hunter #2)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  228 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
All Lexia ever wanted was to graduate from high school and leave Deadwood.
Now she would give anything to have her quiet life back

Her Father was murdered and her best friend, Alice kidnapped. With the help of Lincoln, the Panther Shifter she has fallen in Love with; they rescue Alice. But rescuing her wasn't as easy as first thought and Lexia and Lincoln barely make it out
ebook
Published February 28th 14 by Rachel M Raithby

Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
Mmhh I was a bit disappointed about this sequel. The first book was soo good but this one, not so much. It was a long read because nothing really happened until the end. The suspense and tension was missing and the spark between Lexia and Linc was not as good as in book 1.

I was hoping for lots of ass kicking, action filled scenes but no such luck. They were present but fell kind of short. It was a constantly back and forth between Lexia and Linc declaring their love and what the mating really me
Sky
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loooooved this! Review to come
Book Junky Girls
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lexia's life is now spent on the run, after her fathers death and Alice being kidnapped she's struggling to hang on to what's left of her humanity. The good part? Lincoln and the bright spot he is in her life, his love for her is stronger than she ever imagined possible and it keeps her grounded while also showing her there is still good out there. But the good times can't last when her evil mother will stop at nothing to get her daughter back and Lexia will be left to decide just how far she'll ...more
Kristy
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finally had a chance to read 'Whispers of Darkness'.... hot damn, I started this book & was instantly back in the lives of Lexia & Lincoln. I found myself enthralled to the magic that was on the page. I highly recommend you read 'Lexia' book 1 of "The Deadwood Hunter" Trilogy first, as 'Whispers of Darkness' follows on straight away.

I had tears in my eyes a few times throughout the books, some of the scenes where emotional (or maybe it's just me??)... You know Rachel finished book 1 '
Becca Sellers
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ms. Raithby couldn't have written and better follow-up book in her series. Linc and Lex are continued in this installment and their story just gets better and better! I certainly hope that more books are planned because it'd be a shame if it were to end. Love this series!
Norman James Bennett
Good read

Overall a good read. Author is digging a hole not sure she will be able to get out of. Make the enemy to strong then it's not fun when you pull a win out of the hat.
Krystle ~A Booknatic~
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of Whispers of Darkness in exchange for an honest review.

Honestly, it's awesome!!!

Book 2 of the 'Deadwood Hunter Series' has the same great qualities of book 1. It's action-packed with very steamy scenes between Lexia “The almighty Hunter/Wildcat” and Linc, Lexia's “Pretty Panther”. In this book, Lexia has grown stronger from her Hunter side and is powerful than ever!
And boy is she Hell-bent on stopping the one person responsible for making her this way... and that person
Kat
Review of Whispers of Darkness, The Deadwood Hunter Series, book 2

Well what can I say... 5 awesome stars

I've been waiting impatiently for the next instalment of Lex and Lincoln's story, and after the cliff hanger of an ending in book 1 I can say that every reader will be very happy by the end of chapter one...

Now I don't want to write any spoilers, so I'm not going to be able to write lots of what I want to say, but here's what I liked about it...

We get to meet Caden... the Doctor who appears at
Kat
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: I Follow the Author
Recommended to Kat by: follow the aut
Well what can I say... 5 awesome stars

We get to meet Caden... the Doctor who appears at the end of book one, and he's the perfect mixture of honour, comp
A.C. Wilson
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm flying through this series and I must say I haven't been so immersed in an author for a while. I love the fantasy meets science and intrigue. I've reached for the tissues box a couple of different times here and found myself sobbing in pain and relief. Readers will discover that humanity if stronger than genetically modified people used as a fighting force. Lexia's weakness is the source of her greatest power and I have a feeling we will see this come to light in the next book. Poor Lincoln ...more
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by the author through PRATR for an honest review. I was not sure the second book could get any better then the first, but Rachel has proven me wrong!
We met Caden at the end of the first book, who we find out is a doctor and a childhood friend of Lincolns. We also meet Caleb in this book. But I don't want to give any spoilers.
This book continues where the first left off (which I love). And continues Lexia's mother hunt for her. I was hooked from the first page, and it didn't
Wanderlust
Actual rating C
There is a error in the kindle edition I downloaded (from amazon uk) where about 5 pages are repeated.
I read this book as I had read the first in the series and found it interesting. I wanted to see what would happen so I picked this book up straight after the first and read it. I wasn't as taken with it as the first as I think Lexia as a character went seriously downhill in this book - she annoyed me a lot & I couldn't really understand her huge change - the event which set
Karen Smith
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Karen by: Blog post for ARC readers
Shelves: awesome-authors
Well what can I say... 5 awesome stars do not miss this book! and for the first week it and book 1 are on sale... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IOD5POG

I was Lucky to receive an ARC and all I can say that it won't disappoint!

at the end of Book one we met Caden... a friend of Linc's and luckily a doctor, and a Leopard shifter,
Alice does appear for a while in the book, and some of my favourite parts were when she was with Lexia.

We also get more information on how Lexia was created, how Lexia's mum L
Aimie
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aussie-author
In Whispers of Darkness we get back to Lexia and Lincoln's story which is great after the cliffhanger the last book Lexia left us with.
I'm not going to say much about the storyline as such because I don't want to give any spoilers away. I really enjoy Raithby's storytelling and the world she has built is great. She gives us more about how the Hunters where made.
Lexia is as snarky as ever, I just love her. There were laugh out loud moments throughout just like the first book.
If you are looking f
Angie
Aug 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, urban-fantasy, ya
While I did not like this book as much as the first in the series, it was definitely action packed. Now Lexia is Lincoln's mate and would do anything to protect him and those she loves. She comes to at his best friend Caden's house, where they end up on the run from the Hunters that are still hot on their trail. Lexia gives in and gets captured to save her mate and friends' lives, only to be tortured by her mother. She learns more about the making of the Hunters and realizes many of them are in ...more
Rakki
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mixed Thoughts

There are good things about this book, this series. It has action and the main character is strong. Makes for entertaining scenes. The main problem is Lexa. She's just a bad character. She goes from suicidal depression to righteous will to live to fast I think I have whiplash. It goes on and on throughout the book. The constant give up, fight, give up, fight yoyo just gets old. Lexa has ample opportunity to be really cool and just fails every time. Then there is the end. It's just
Victoria Zigler
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was a pretty good read. However, though it was nice seeing the characters relationships developed, I found the first half of the book, which seemed to consist of nothing but that, a bit too slow, and quite frankly would have prefered more of the action I remembered from book one, and less of the intimate moments between Lexia and Linc. The second half, thankfully, was much more interesting, and almost made up for the slow start with the action and surprises the author threw at us in th ...more
Ashley Martinez
Aug 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Whispers of Darkness picked up where Lexia left off. It took a while for me to get into the book. Once I did it picked up the pace and was hard to put down. I didn't agree with some of the choices Lexia made but I am willing to continue to read to find out what happens.
Some of the dialogue and the use of unnecessary exclamation points was a bit annoying.
My favorite character is Linc but I felt so sorry for him. Lexia claims she wants to protect him but she just keeps hurting him. I kind of wish
Leslie Sanchez
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It just keeps getting better and better.

I was so enthralled with Lexia I didn't think it could get better. However, Whispers of Darkness is. The story is full of humor that Lexia didn't have before. The action and inner turmoil is never ending, but the relationships she shares with the others keeps her going. I know I felt like O was right there with her. I laughed and cried and can't wait to continue with our journey. I LOVE this series.
J.J. Tuite
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot! It's my opinion that the characters are well developed and the troubles they face are believable. The inner conflicts are amazingly written and could be conflicts that real people face daily. I can't wait to see how it all ends, so I better wrap this up and get started on the third installment!
Caroline Abernethy
Great second book

This book has love, loss and sadness. It takes you on a journey that is not over and I have downloaded book three as I can't wait to read it. I couldn't put this down. Part of Kindle Unlimited.
Ann-marie Morency
Captivating

Truly amazing story, this series is getting more intriguing than the next. If you love suspense and romance this series is for you!
Jodie
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved this book
Shoulanda August
Great series

I loved how the story picked up right where it left off. The vivid details made it seem as I was watching tv. I can't wait to find out what happens next!!
Samantha
Jul 11, 2015
Kirasakuya
Jul 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Black Hills Forever (Black Hills #5)
  • Nothing Else Matters  (Billionaires in Disguise: Georgie, #4; Rock Stars in Disguise: Xan, #4)
  • Forsaken (The Found, #2)
  • Marked by Hades (Bound by Hades, #2)
  • Strip Back (Naked Nights, #0.5)
  • Violet Addiction
  • Taming a Bear: Not Your Average Fox (Red Moon Seduction)
  • Eraser Crimson (Eraser #4)
  • Love, Always
  • Strike (Spark, #3)
  • Godcorp
  • Paranormally Yours
  • Kalon (Take Over, #2)
  • Severed Colours (Colour Wielders, #2)
  • Fifteen (The Dreamwalker Diaries #1)
  • New Beginnings (Highland Wolf Clan #3)
  • Gabriel (Kematian Hunter, #1)
  • The League of Doorways (Doorways, #2)
Rachel M. Raithby started her writing career in 2013 and hasn’t looked back. She draws her inspiration from the many places she has lived and traveled, as well as from her love of the paranormal and thriller movies. She can often be found hiding out with a good book or writing more fast-paced and thrilling stories where love always conquers all. A Brit who has lived in New Zealand, and Australia, ...more

The Deadwood Hunter (3 books)
  • Lexia (The Deadwood Hunter, #1)
  • Holocaust (The Deadwood Hunter, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)