Start by marking “Mirabella & The Faded Phantom” as Want to Read:
Mirabella & The Faded Phantom

Mirabella & The Faded Phantom

“Something hissed and a wet chill wrapped around Mirabella’s wrist and crawled toward her shoulder. She whipped around and glimpsed the outline of someone sitting on the edge of her bed. But as she stared, the image faded to a blur.”

When twelve-year old Mirabella and her mother move into Great Aunt Clovinia’s old house, Mirabella discovers they aren’t the only ones living
Published March 15th 2014 by Brick Cave Books (first published February 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Mirabella & The Faded Phantom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mirabella & The Faded Phantom

Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
(I received this book for free as part of Goodreads First Reads giveaways).

(This review may contain spoilers).

I did think this book was really easy to read and really well-written. Although I'm an adult, I was still able to enjoy this book.

Mirabella was a character I found easy to empathise with. Although I had some confusion with her family situation at first, I felt that the author did a good job of showing what Mirabella had gone through with what had happened with her parents.

I also thought
Cheryl D
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
* Disclaimer- I received this books through the Goodreads Giveaway for an honest review*

A lovely pre-teen book with a trying-to-figure-out-where-she fits-into-the world main character that any 12 year-old can identify with. Fast moving with a great plot this is a book I will be having my two 12 yo and my 9 yo read this coming summer. Fun story for the whole tribe with valuable lessons about honesty, love, bullying and friendship!
Shazzer
Apr 17, 2014 rated it liked it
A sweet and gentle story about second chances, with a lovely ending that earns its stripes. Mirabella is complex and believable, and while the school setting veers a little into didactic-land, it can be forgiven if the result is useful. Good for book nerds, fans of ghost-stories and anti-bullying books. Wonderful little book.
Jenn
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reminiscent of my favorite genre growing up. I enjoyed every minute! At some points I was so involved in the story that I missed whatever my boyfriend was trying to tell me at that time.... ;)
SJ Fujimoto
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A solid novel for young readers, Mirabella & the Faded Phantom is a pleasant mystery and ghost story with effective emotional moments. Mirabella is a quirky and likable protagonist trying to do the right thing by aiding the ghost haunting her new home when the ghost can't remember any details of its life. Mirabella has to be resourceful and clever in clearing a mystery that's plausible for a 12-year-old to solve but equally easy to see how no one has solved it before her. Other few character ...more
Katherine Wade
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways, fantasy
I received 'Mirabella & The Faded Phantom' through Goodreads 'Firstreads' over two years ago.

I must apologise for the late review... and I wish that I had known then what I know now... that this is a book worth reading.

At first glance at the front cover; you assume that you'll be entering a simple world, with simple characters with a simple storyline... but you'd be wrong.
Mirabella Polidoro's story contains life lessons and values; from death to slowing moving on from grief; from bullying t
Kassie
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun little story! A great mystery with heart. I'm glad I read it and will recommend any fourth or fifth grader to read it.
Carol
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm going to shamelessly steal the review format used by an Aussie blogger I follow on Wordpress, try it out, see how I feel about it.

Synopsis: When Mirabella and her mother move to tiny Robertsville to live in Aunt Clovinia's huge, dusty old house, Mirabella views it as the end of the world. Her home is gone, her father is gone, her school is gone, ergo her life is just... gone. Amid her mother's admonitions about making friends and not performing "experiments" on people, and being bullied from
Bec
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-2010s
I have been fortunate to gain a copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads.

Mirabella and the Faded Phantom is a middle grade level book. I like the writing style. It’s a great story which I thoroughly enjoyed; I’ve always enjoyed a kid’s mystery book. I really like the character Mirabella. She’s smart and lovely and a great character to add to middle grade fiction. Mirabella would have appealed to me very much when I was 10-13. I also love the cover of this book. I definitely recommend thi
Klyon
Apr 28, 2014 rated it liked it
An enjoyable read. Certain to capture the middle school reader.
Robert Tabb
May 31, 2014
Diane
Apr 21, 2014
Giulia Martinello
rated it did not like it
Mar 08, 2017
Robin
Apr 02, 2014
Appearence: Sharon Skinner 1 2 Apr 30, 2014 08:47AM

• The Opal Dragonfly
  • A Splash Of Forever (Magic Kitten, #14)
  • The Baby Unicorn
  • Over in the Hollow
  • Cosmo and the Magic Sneeze
  • Alice in the Country of Joker: Dreams, Vol. 03
  • I Love Cats
  • Where Wolves Talk
  • 七つの大罪 25 [Nanatsu no Taizai 25] (The Seven Deadly Sins, #25)