Start by marking “King Zoff's Cough: US English edition” as Want to Read:
King Zoff's Cough: US English edition

King Zoff's Cough: US English edition

When King Zoff gets a cold, he is willing to try just about anything to make it go away. His loyal subjects try to help, each one of them with a "cure" more outrageous than the last - but nothing seems to work.

What will it take to quell the cantankerous King's cough?

This hilarious story is designed to be read aloud by adults to children, with playful poetry and whimsical
Paperback, US English edition, 40 pages
Published February 19th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about King Zoff's Cough, please sign up.
Jonathan Briden Great question Mary. In this story King Zoff has a nasty cough, and that's certainly making him rather cranky, and he does behave rather badly when…moreGreat question Mary. In this story King Zoff has a nasty cough, and that's certainly making him rather cranky, and he does behave rather badly when things don't go his way.(less)

Start your review of King Zoff's Cough: US English edition
Cindy
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-ve-won
I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway, and may I commend the author on his timeliness in delivering the prize.

It was great fun to read, and the illustrations easily capture the essence of Jonathan Briden's witty verse in a most delightful way. I especially value the fact that Mr. Briden does not talk down to his target audience - in other words, the story is as much a pleasure for adults as for children. The ending leaves lots of room for imagination to take flight as to how King
Elizabeth S
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cute and fun text with a great rhythm/cadence to it. The rhyming text makes use of a great vocabulary, which really adds to the fun when reading out loud. The pictures are okay-good. They help tell the story, but aren't amazing in-and-of themselves. The layout of the pictures and text is mundane, with text-on-white with maybe a small picture on every left-hand age, and a full-page illustration on the right.

I received this book for free through Goodreads' First Reads program.
Sheri
Mar 17, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway.

I liked the meter of this rhyming picture book and most of the rhyming combinations. The book was fun and followed the king's quest to find a cure for his cough. I liked the illustrations, they were colorful and whimsical. The vocabulary for a 4-8 year old was a stretch but is easily interpreted by an adult reading to them.

I liked the font used and it was easy to read on the white background with the illustration opposite.

Sue Holt
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book courtesy of good reads. I gave it to my grandchildren aged 8 who described it as "awesome". I thought the illustrations were very good with just enough text on the page to keep the reader's interest. I found the 8 year old could read the book on his own but younger readers would struggle to grasp some of the rhymes.
aem
Feb 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Amusing. Perfect for 7-9 year olds readers, though some of the vocabulary might be more suited for kids with advanced reading levels.

Nice illustrations - eye-catching.

Dislcosure: Received for free from Goodreads First Reads
Laurie
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Goodreads giveaway.
This was a delightful story told in clever verse with great vocabulary and fun illustrations. My boys loved it, even without knowing all the vocab. It was great getting to expand that for them and then they enjoyed it even more and felt smarter. :)
Reader50
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Goodreads giveaway and thought it was a delightful book for young children. Stories in rhyme are fun to read and children enjoy the verses and often increase their vocabulary as a bonus. Thank you to the author and publisher for the book. I would give this 3½ stars
CJ
Feb 25, 2014 rated it liked it
I read this right after I got a bad cold and stayed home from work. It was a great reminder to do what the doctor tells you to do if you really want to get better.
Kate Connor
Sep 12, 2017
Judith
rated it did not like it
Nov 05, 2015
Sonia
Sharon
Frederick Rotzien
Feb 25, 2014
I was born in 1968 in Masterton, a small town in the southern part of the North Island of New Zealand.

There was a strip of bushland that ran along the back of our property. I loved to go wandering up there, picking blackberries when they were in season, or down to the river to swim.

My mother would complain that I was in my "own little world", and so did my teachers. I have to admit that things