Start by marking “Best Laid Plans (The Best Girls, #4)” as Want to Read:
Best Laid Plans (The Best Girls, #4)

Best Laid Plans

(Best Girls #4)

!!! FUN, CLEAN, ROMANTIC COMEDY !!!

Josh needs a wife right away. But after two futile years of waiting for Charlie, he can’t afford to wait any longer.

By the time Charlie realizes she’s in love with Josh, it’s too late for them to be together. So she sets out to help him find happiness in someone else’s arms.

Soon almost everyone is plotting and planning at cross-purp
Published April 14th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Best Laid Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Laid Plans

Randy Tramp
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Book
Josh needs a wife, now, so he could adopt his niece and nephew. He asks Oliva, but she is reluctant. Josh still has feelings for Charlie but keeps it to himself. Drama plays out.
Charlie moves to NYC to attend law school and still has feelings for Josh. That drama plays out.

My Thoughts
Five-Star Great. I enjoyed entering into the world of the Best family. Here are two lines from the book and of course, it’s much better in context. “That was before I knew you were insane.” And “We should wr
Loren Weaver
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Best Laid Plans is the third installment of the Best Girls series by Tamie Dearen and is the story of Charlie and Josh.

After two years, Josh gave up on Charlie even though he's still madly in love with her. But now, he needs an insta-wife so that he can adopt his niece and nephew. He asks Olivia, but she doesn't really want to. Charlie is moving to NYC to go to law school, and she's trying hard not to show her feelings for Josh.

We thought the debacle with Anne and Steven was bad. Emily and Spen
Wesley
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dearen delivers again! This book definitely kept me on the edge of my seat, anxious about all the miscommunication happening. The story is fun, and you’ll fall in love with each of the characters, regardless of how off-base their advice may be. Dearen wraps up the story beautifully, always providing that happy ending her fans love. This book may bring a few tears but many more laughs along the way! I recommend this book to anyone who likes a fun love story, with all the twists and complications ...more
Holli Davila
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took all of 5 pages (which I had already read in the teaser) to be instantly hooked into this story. Dearen does an incredible job of creating lovable irony for two people destined to be together and who are already in love who can't seem to figure it out, no matter how many of their loved ones try and help out. And just when you think it might work out--twist! turn! confusion! This page turner was funny and sweet and enjoyable. I highly recommend it. This author is really finding a niche for ...more
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A fun conclusion to the Best Girls series. If miscommunication got any worse, the main characters would have been speaking different languages! I found myself laughing out loud at some of the conversations they had. I loved that everything got wrapped up nicely!
language: clean, heat level: mild
Franky
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent addition to the fun Best Girls series. Great characters and a captivating plot. Keeps you reading to find out what happens.
Penny Leidecker
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is my favorite book in the Best Girl’s series. I absolutely loved Charlie. She was a strong female that loved competing against men and winning. Two years ago, Josh feel in love with Charlie, but she didn’t believe him. She returned to Colorado and carried on with her life. Now, she’s living in New York City and getting ready to see Josh for the first time at their friend’s wedding rehearsal. Josh has just learned he needs to get married and fast. Is the person he asks Charlie? No, ...more
juanita dennis
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best Laid Plans

Love is so complex you wonder how anyone ever falls in love. Even my own dating situation was chaotic to say the least. This one has more drama than any of the others I read.
Elena
Besser als Band 4, schlechter als Band 2. Phasenweise echt witzig, aber oft unnötig kompliziert. 3,5 Sterne?
CeeJay Lovejoy
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the best book in this series. Had me crying on page 2. Absolutely loved it.
Alecs
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good clean romance :) my second fave of the series next to Her Best Match. A bit frustrating with all the miscommunication and scheming going on, all of them are still lovable
Karen
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I am so happy to read a clean story that doesn't include cursing or mature content. This has been a really good series. PG
Shelley
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
The third instalment in the Best family series and my favourite one.

Charlie is in love with Josh, a cute sporty doctor and Josh is in love with Charlie. However Josh needs to get married quickly so that he can get custody of his niece and nephew, so he asks Olivia who he loves like a sister as him and Charlie haven't spoken in a year.

The scheming and plotting can get a bit muddled at times, but not in a bad way. As one of the characters says why pay for expensive cable when the situation unfol
Faith
This book was a fun read. There were some things that were a bit repetitive and I was a little bit like, "Can you just get on with it and tell each other that you love each other and stop doubting each other?" But other than that I did like it. I read it before I read any of the other books in the series and it was a little bit hard, especially at first since the characters had all been obviously introduced in earlier books. I would suggest that you read at least book 2 first so you can get some ...more
Cassy7
Jul 22, 2016 rated it liked it
So I read this to finish the story, I liked the different circumstances that played out in this story, but I felt very frustrated with the leading male and female characters. It was too much back and forth, and their vehemence for what they thought the other person felt, blinded them when their actions pointed to their true feelings quite obviously. The background scheming was entertaining at first but got tiring.
Amber Brooke
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
This is my favorite of the Best stories so far. I deployments getting to know Charlie an following hee along her journey with Josh. I can relate closely to Charlie's insecurities and fierce sense of independence. Thus book read much faster than the others and I love the introduction to more of the extended facilitating the way! I can't wait for their next best adventure to unfold!
Nellie
May 01, 2014 rated it liked it
This was cute, clean, and romantic. I don't LOVE the "Three's Company" kind of story, where there is so much miscommunication, or No communication at all, and everyone assumes the wrong thing, but it was well written, and a fun story. I enjoyed it.
Melinda
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was too much like the first two. Charlie turned into a weak, frustrating girl, while Josh became whiney and lost all rational thought whatsoever, and the family "schemes" were so frustrating!
michael calhoun
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Another good book to this series. I am enjoy everything about these books.Now to the next.very good author. I will defend be reading more from this author.
Kyle Clark
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Best!

I've enjoyed the characters since book 1. It's a great break from the mysteries I usually read. I hope there will be more in the series.
Margie Anderson
Clean Reads: It's out! Only 99¢ today! 1 14 Apr 14, 2014 05:43AM
Clean Romances: It's out! Only 99¢ today! 1 11 Apr 14, 2014 05:17AM
Clean Romances: 99¢ on release day--April 14 1 11 Apr 10, 2014 08:48PM
Clean Reads: 99¢ on release day--April 14 1 9 Apr 10, 2014 08:46PM
Clean Reads: Spot the Fakes from Book1--Win a FREE copy of Book 3 3 14 Feb 24, 2014 03:55PM
Clean Romances: Spot the Fakes from Book1--Win a FREE copy of Book 3 3 11 Feb 24, 2014 03:53PM

• Awakening (The Lewis Legacy Series, #1)
  • Lucky (The Harmony Series #2)
  • Learnin' The Ropes
  • Romancing Redemption (Redemption #1)
  • The Outer Edge of Heaven: A Love Story
  • Rodeo Rebel (Texas Rodeo Barons, #0.5)
  • Where Two Hearts Meet
  • A Father's Prayer
  • Reluctant Guardian
  • The Handsomest Man in the Country (The Traherns #1)
  • Coming Home Again (Coming Home Again #1)
  • Finding Hope in Savannah
  • A Diamond in the Rough (Dangerous Liaisons, #1)
  • Fear No More (Ghost No More #3)
  • Flight Of Fancy (Bexley-Smythe Quintet, #1)
  • The Redemption of Lady Georgiana (The Lydia Collection #1)
  • Western Kisses
  • Past Forward-A Serial Novel: Volume I (Past Forward, #1-5)

Tamie Dearen writes Sweet Romance, Christian Romance, and Young Adult Fantasy. She lives in Texas with her husband of thirty-six years and two dogs. Join Tamie's VIP subscribers on her website and get three free books!

Best Girls (5 books)
  • Her Best Match (Best Girls, #1)
  • Best Dating Rules (The Best Girls, #2)
  • Best Foot Forward (The Best Girls, #3)
  • Best Intentions (The Best Girls Book 5)