Start by marking “How to Hug A Porcupine: Easy Ways to Love the Difficult People in Your Life (Little Book. Big Idea.)” as Want to Read:

How to Love the Difficult People in Your Life

Most of us know someone who, for whatever reason, always seems to cause problems, irritate others, or incite conflict. Often, these people are a part of our daily lives. The truth is that these trouble makers haven’t necessarily asked to be this way.

Sometimes we need to learn new approaches to deal with people who are harder to
Published February 4th 2014 by Hatherleigh Press (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about How to Hug A Porcupine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Hug A Porcupine

Start your review of How to Hug A Porcupine: Easy Ways to Love the Difficult People in Your Life (Little Book. Big Idea.)
Noell
May 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
The trouble with ebooks is that you can’t flip through them quickly to see how they’re formatted. This is basically a self help coffee table or bathroom reading material for quick bursts of suggestions. It would be better as a page a day calendar or maybe a collection of Instagram posts. Book wise, it’s just a big collection of sound bytes, some meaningful/helpful, but not really my cup of tea when it comes to sitting down to read.
Timothy Darling
A fun and light-hearted approach to a prickly problem. I found the advice in this book on how to deal with short-tempered people informative and a good reminder of many things I already knew. Never the less the gathering of such good advice into a single place is always helpful, scaffolding technique on technique to create an internal structure of good practices. I highly recommend this book because we all have porcupines in our lives and we can all be porcupines from time to time. It's one page ...more
Steven Herod
An easy read that is provides light-hearted advise on how to engage difficult relationships with others. By positioning the difficult relationship as a porcupine, the author is able to help individuals put a rational, objective view on how we interact. The book is simply a collection of short blurbs of advice; much of which is good reminders.
Nickitopster
Dec 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Good but not OMG good

Nice little quick read. Good insights that we all know but usually overlook so nice reminders. Always good to keep in mind how to treat others.
Dennis Bauer
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good practical advice

Created understanding as a basis for receptiveness to advice. Points from different sections overlap and reinforce points made in focused sections.
Careful
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: psychology
Lovely book. Short and to the point.
Truong Dac Binh
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: psychology
put your ego away, accept the difference
Ashley
Had some good advice, thought this would focus on difficult people, not just those that are difficult sometimes like your spouse or children. Also very high level, unspecific advice.
Mary
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Easy, quick read on dealing with difficult people. All you need is to have the willingness to do your part and hope for a positive outcome.
Elizabeth Thorpe
Dec 15, 2020
Chelsea Merkley
Jun 12, 2019
Lacie
rated it did not like it
Nov 25, 2020
Oct 20, 2018
Joyanna Laughlin
Mar 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Clean My Space: The Secret to Cleaning Better, Faster--And Loving Your Home Every Day
  • Frozen Olaf's Night Before Christmas Book & CD
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • The Knockout Queen
  • Don't Forget Dexter!
  • Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years
  • Timeless UX Design Trends - Web UX Design
  • The World That We Knew
  • We Met in December
  • Eloquent Rage: A Black Feminist Discovers Her Superpower
  • "Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?": A Psychologist Explains the Development of Racial Identity
  • Danger Is Everywhere: A Handbook for Avoiding Danger
  • Một đời thương thuyết
  • Damn Good Advice (For People with Talent!): How To Unleash Your Creative Potential by America's Master Communicator, George Lois
  • Thay Đổi Tư Duy - Hãy Cứ Phi Lý Đi
  • Một ngày của bố
  • Love for Imperfect Things: How to Accept Yourself in a World Striving for Perfection
June Eding lives in New York, New York.

News & Interviews