Start by marking “No Excuses University: How Six Exceptional Systems Are Revolutionizing Ours Schools” as Want to Read:

"Over 20 years ago I gave Damen a copy of my book Chicken Soup for the Soul. The motivation that he received from those stories has today manifested into encouragement offered to thousands of educators across the country. The No Excuses University movement is an example of what happens when one person passes on inspiration to another."

Jack Canfield - Co-Creator of Chicke
Hardcover, 2nd Expanded Edition, 331 pages
Published June 1st 2013 (first published January 1st 2011)

jeni brasfield
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one was a textbook for my EDU 650 class. Simplified(short and sweet chapters), organized, and very informative.
Sally
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it
This book wasn't anything compared to the author himself - he is a dynamic speaker and I would have brought my school on board instantly if they heard him. The book didn't grab me nearly as much. It has some great ideas, but a lot of it seemed very common sense to me - acing goals, having standards, having a purpose. The part I loved was having classrooms connect with a particular school. THAT sounded like a blast.

I work in a community that has almost 90% of our students on free and reduced lun
Damen Lopez
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I hope you enjoy No Excuses University, I wrote it. Please email me with questions on how your school can begin changing lives for kids of poverty today! damen@noexcusesu.com
Nicole
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
so inspiring! truly love building my own personal learning network
Paula Lyle
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, school
My school is reading this for the summer. There's lots of good stuff here. I can only hope that we can all make the changes necessary to improve for and with our kids.
Anthony
Jul 31, 2011
Maria
Aug 01, 2017
Damen Lopez
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
April Connelley
Mar 28, 2013
Nicole Forbus
rated it it was ok
Aug 01, 2016
In 2004, Damen Lopez founded the No Excuses University Network of Schools. This endeavor helps to build a bridge for all students to attend college as it begins promoting a comprehensive college readiness model starting in pre-kindergarten. Ten years after Damen first began sharing this message with thousands of educators across the country, there are now hundreds of schools participating as part ...more