Start by marking “Blind Fury (Men of Steele, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blind Fury (Men of Steele, #1)

Read Book

Blind Fury

(Men of Steele #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  652 ratings  ·  85 reviews
When always-play-it-safe Jenna Ryan starts questioning how her brother died in Afghanistan, someone decides she must be stopped. Permanently. Her brother’s best friend—a sexy thrill-seeker she can’t stop thinking about—won’t reveal what he knows about the fatal shoot-out, putting Jenna at odds with the only man she trusts to keep her alive.

Former special forces operator Mi
Published February 25th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published February 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Blind Fury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Fury

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Blind Fury (Men of Steele, #1)
Cindy
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plenty of betrayal and mystery in this debut romantic suspense. Mick Fury met best friend Rob in basic training. They went on to become Air Force Parajumpers before switching to private security contractors with Claymore. When on their latest assignment in Afghanistan Rob is killed during an ambush and makes Mick promise he will protect his sister Jenna who has already had so much tragedy in her life.

When Mick gets back to the states he does what he can for a grieving Jenna while also keeping h
Coco.V
Apr 16, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 Free on Amazon today (4/16/2020)! 🎁
Brooke
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I received this ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The gist: Jenna's brother was a defense contractor working in Afghanistan when he was killed. Mick was the brother's best friend and partner and was there when the brother was killed. Mick returns to the states to take care of Jenna, a promise he made to her brother as the man died in Mick's arms. It quickly becomes clear there was more to her brother's death than even Mick knew and someone is trying REALLY hard to make sure the
Heather andrews
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved Jenna, "a pretty brunette who was perched on the neighboring stool held his attention, and Jenna couldn't stop a little arrow of jealousy from lodging in her gut. Fortified with a deep breath, she marched around the bar. "Do you still need a ride, or have you found a better option?" I mean she takes crap from no one especially Mick, "with a slight twist and a step back, she forced him to release her. "You're drunk. Why do guys always get horny when they're drunk?" The girl knows how to g ...more
Monica Cardoza
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fear is something that some people have but is it enough for you to stop living your life. Shouldn’t you live and what comes at you you deal with it as it comes. Well it’s a little more complicated for Jenna but she did need to live and not live in constant fear.

Mick Fury was in love with Jenna from the moment that he saw her but his best friend forbid him to even look at her. Rob was his best friend and now he was gone and he needed to keep the promise he made before he died. He needed to take
Dawn
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mick Fury and Rob Ryan have been best friends for years and just as long Mick has had a thing for Rob's sister, Jenna. But Rob has warned Mick off her years ago so he has followed his friends wish. That doesn't stop them from flirting as she has also secretly, or not so secretly depending on who you talked to, had a thing for Mick in a big way. Problem is, he's a playboy and Jenna knows she'll never be enough for Mick Fury.

Mick and Rob have done almost everything together, boot camp, pararescue
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Overall Rating: 4 Rockin’ ★★★★

Mick Fury and Rob Ryan are best friends and work together for Claymore Security. Mick has always had a thing for Rob’s sister, Jenna, but he keeps his hands off because of his best friend. Rob has told his friend that he has quit his job and in two weeks he will be going home for good. He asks Mick to take care of his sister if something ever happened to him and Mick promises that he will. It is almost like Rob knew he was going to die because on their next mission
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

I know these topless, spray-tanned men sell books, but for me? I nearly missed out on a fun read because the cover frightened me!

This book was great fun.

I had no expectations of Blind Fury when I downloaded it, but it fitted in with my promise to read more suspense in 2014. It turned out to be a very entertaining book packed with so much action it felt like watching a movie.

Was it perfect? No. Was some of it a little silly? Yes. But this is an author with more readabil
ci
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it

If you've read any of my reviews you know that I'm a military romance thriller freak, so this book was right up my alley and I love a girl falls for brothers best friend story, so this was a win-win for me!

This is the first book in the men of steele series and I have to say Gwen did a great job.

I'm not one to give a blow-by-blow of the entire book because I want you to experience everything it has to offer, so this will be short and honest.

We start off with action and it never ends. Jen
Linda
Loved this debut book. It was the perfect start to what I'm hoping will be a long series.

This book starts with a bang and keeps in going. Mick Fury is an ex pararescue jumper now doing private contract work. Jenna Ryan is his best friends little sister. After an op goes wrong and Mick returns home things really go bad. The bad guys are on the hunt and Mick and Jenna barely manage to keep one step ahead of them.

There are some interesting secondary characters introduced and to be honest, I have
Julie
May 12, 2014 rated it it was ok

This was a very emotional military romance that started out very good but seemed to drag a bit for me in the middle.
Jenna had lost her brother Rob in Afghanistan, and as he was dying he made his best friend Mick promise to look after his sister. Which wasn't a problem apart from the fact that Mick had had unsisterly feelings for Jenna for years.
The characters and the romance in the story is very nice but the thriller and intrigue is very weak. There is action which you need for a wake up call no
Darcy
For me this one was just ok. I had a hard time buying into the romance between Jenna and Mick. If they were really attracted to each other, Jenna's brother wouldn't have stopped them. It didn't help that even though Mick was attracted to Jenna, he slept with a legion of other women due to being warned off by Rob. The drama surrounding Rob's death and how Mick and Jenna were pulled in was meh as well for me.
Glenda Bettin
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
good book, sometimes wanted to smack those 2 but looking forward to more in this series
Nancy
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica
I read this several days ago but every time i sat down to write this review I had nothing to say. This was a fairly enjoyable book. The plot was good and writing solid. Both the characters were unlikable at times but overall they were good characters and once they finally got over themselves and got together I liked them as a couple. I finally realized why I couldn't figure out what to write....while the book was ok I was 0% attached to either character or the couple or the outcome so while this ...more
Rosemary
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in this series but each can definitely be read as standalones even though you will be introduced to characters that will have more storylines in future books. I actually read Books 2, 3, 4 and 5 before having the privilege to finally read Book 1. Jenna Ryan has always been on Mick Fury's radar but because her brother Ryan has always made it clear that his little sister was too good for him, he has respected those boundaries. Things change drastically when Ryan is killed on ...more
Russell Ricard
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just read Blind Fury (Men of Steele #1) by Gwen Hernandez—fantastic writer!

And such a fascinating genre: Military Romantic Suspense. I think you’ll really dig the action, adventure, and romance as it plays out on the page. I could visualize everything! Not easy to write with that authority that allows for a good balance between action, dialogue, and plot that mixes genres. But Hernandez succeeds in keeping our senses heightened, hearts full, and brains at work as the plot unfolds.

Indeed, a fas
Linda Rae Williams
Well written

I was hooked throughout the whole book. I did not want to stop reading. The book has a significant amount of violence and a lot of suspense.
Jackson
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Great book!!! Loved the hero so strong, so sensitive, so honorable! The heroine, a rough life, but wow, can she hang tough and still be feminine with guns, kidnapping and life and love on the line!
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
by Gemini

Blind Fury was an entertaining but somewhat predictable read. It’s the story of Mick Fury and Jenna Ryan. Jenna is the younger sister of Mick’s best friend Rob. Rob is killed while Mick and Rob are working private security in Afghanistan. Mick promises Rob that he will watch over Jenna. Mick doesn’t realize that he will end up having to keep her alive in relation to something that Rob gets involved in prior to his death.

There is a lot that happe
Keri
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a captivating military suspense/romance. Jenna, loses her brother Rob and when his best friend Mick comes home to help her and to fulfill his promise to Rob the attraction they have felt for each other for years coupled with the mystery of Rob's death, a secret Rob uncovered makes them both a target, and forces them to stick together. Mick, was a womanizer and never considered himself good enough for Jenna. He also was amazingly alpha and strong and made my heart hurt with his loyalty t ...more
Kim
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free from Amazon and I am voluntarily writing an honest review. Jenna and her brother Rob are all that is left of her family after an auto accident killed her parents and brother a year ago. Rob is a private contractor for the military and has announced that he is done in two weeks and is going home for good but while on a mission something goes horribly wrong and he is killed. Mick is Rob's best friend and was with him when he was killed and makes a promise to watch out for ...more
Donna
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lots of action and adventure in this romantic suspense tale by “new to me author” Gwen Hernandez. Rule number one in the Guy Code is you don’t hit on your best buds sister. Mick has been trying to stay away for years but when that best bud asks you to take care of her with his dying breath what is a guy to do. Jenna has been kept away from the rough side of life by an over protective brother but when trouble shows up at her door there is nobody she would rather have to keep her safe (besides her ...more
Martha
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm really just excited to have the cover of this bare-chested male torso with a machine gun in my list of books. Whoo!

I'm a sucker for a story about a guy who has to overcome his demons by finding a smart girl who can see through to the good guy underneath his tough exterior. You will be rooting for Jenna and Mick to end up happily ever after. The plot is fast-paced, and the underlying story well-researched. It will make you think about what happens to our men and women who leave the military
Janet
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Superbly written Military Suspense/Romance. Gwen Hernandez has put together a really strong cast of characters that are fully faceted and intriguing. I found the lead couple easy to connect with emotionally, and I was quickly invested in their happily ever after. The settings are detailed, the dialogue crisp, and the pacing fast but even. I will definitely look for more from this author. Well Done! Very strong balance between story/romance/action.
*I received my copy from NetGalley.com in exchang
Melissa
May 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book more than I did. It has all the elements that I typically like. Military, females in danger and men who physically rescue them, secrets, romance. Somehow in pulling them all together, it felt rushed or glossed over. Like the author had the same checklist I do of an exciting romantic suspense and was hitting them all. I was also a little jarred by the occasional first-person point of view of her best friend.
Tiphney Waldon
2 stars

I usually base whether I like a book on if I could see myself being friends with the characters. I wasn't a fan of any of these characters, particularly Jenna. Jenna is selfish, self centered and judgmental. Even once she is proven to be in the wrong she still doesn't apologize. Mick has an inferiority complex that makes him put up with a waste of space like Jenna. I gave the book 2 stars because I enjoyed the premise of the story.
Kim Feaman
Mar 18, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hard to finish this one

Really wanted to like this book since I was looking for a new author but it didn't hold my interest at all. had to skip chapters just to finish it. I wanted to kill off the heroine because she was just annoying. If you are thinking about paying for this book do yourself a favor and pass on this one.
Sarah Andre
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A debut release that's a can't-put-down read! Haunted by dark secrets, authentic flashbacks of military combat and denying his attraction for the heroine create the perfect edgy hero. Plot has them running for their lives while they AND the reader frantically try to figure out why. This is a breakout romantic suspense from an extremely talented new author! HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
Connie
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC copy from Netgalley for an honest review. Loved it. Intriguing storyline that was action packed & suspenseful that had me sucked in from the beginning. Loved the steamy romance bubbling between Mick and Jenna as they race from danger & to find answers. Can't wait for more in this series and would definitely recommend.

« previous 1 3 next »

• SEAL the Deal (Alpha SEALs, #1)
  • Trouble in a Tight Dress (Six Points Security, #1)
  • Anti Hero
  • Colton (Army Wives, #1)
  • Off the Edge (The Associates, #2)
  • Ethan (The K9 Files #1)
  • Her Adoring SEAL (Midnight Delta, #3)
  • Jagged Edge (The Arsenal, #1)
  • HOT SEAL (HOT SEAL Team #1)
  • Night with a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #1)
  • Running On Empty (LCR Elite, #1)
  • Black Dawn Boxed Set
  • Cold Secrets (Cold Justice, #7)
  • Protecting Kate (Dark Horse Inc., #1)
  • Ruckus (SEAL Team Alpha #1)
  • Mr. Pink (The Case Brothers, #1)
  • Alex (In the Company of Snipers, #1)
  • Concrete Evidence (Evidence, #1)
Growing up, Gwen Hernandez wasn’t brave enough to share the stories in her head with other kids, but they usually involved intrigue and romance. She was raised in the Army and Navy, and married an Air Force engineer, so it’s natural that her Men of Steele series features military heroes and heroines who must overcome danger to find true love.

The former programmer and manufacturing engineer also he

Men of Steele (5 books)
  • Blind Ambition (Men of Steele, #2)
  • Blindsided (Men of Steele, #3)
  • Running Blind (Men of Steele, #4)
  • Blind Justice (Men of Steele, #5)

News & Interviews