Start by marking “The Recruit: Book One (The Recruit, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Recruit: Book One (The Recruit, #1)

The Recruit: Book One

(The Recruit #1)

Hannah Torrington lives a perfectly normal and ordinary life until the night her sister is murdered by vampires.

Saved by a Lycan named Will and thrust into a world she never knew existed, Hannah is taken to a secret facility that trains men and women to hunt vampires.

Determined to take her revenge for her sister’s death, Hannah joins the recruit program. As she is pushed t
Published February 19th 2014

Jeanny
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
-1 star cliffhanger ending. I need to find more YA like this.
Cliterary Genius a to z book challenge letter r
Mstaranis
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
I don't know if it's because of the way this one was written, or because the characters seemed so much younger than they were meant to be, but I had trouble getting into this book. When I read a YA title I go in expecting a certain amount of immaturity, but this was aimed at older readers so I found the petty ramblings of some of the characters childish.

I liked the characters such as they were, but I think overall, this would have worked better as a YA read, it was extremely immature in parts, w
Runningrabbit
I really enjoyed this and am on tenterhooks waiting for the sequel in October.
The beginning chapters seemed a bit slow, and I also thought this was going to be more of a young adult book. By a bit further on the book got its footing and I got right stuck in. I like the main character and her relationships with those around her.
At the end of the day, I might call this book a new adult one.
Looking forward to the next novel, and hoping it doesn't turn a bit predictable with wrath and detachment lea
Charry
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. The story is about a woman who is survives a vampire attack, while her sister is killed. She is saved by a secret group of vampire hunters and ends up a part of their training program as a recruit. She is bent on vengence for her sister. The focus of the book is primarily during the time of her training, so it's in essence a "how it all began" story.

I really liked the story and the main character. There were parts of it that I found difficult to believe
Karlene Saleapaga
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
It got me to want to buy, read, rate and want the next book ASAP please!!!!
Rose
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book! And even more, It was for FREE by kobo!
Marsha
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
So many times I have a summary for a book then read it only to be disappointed. However, when I read the review for "The Recruit" and saw that so many of my Goodreads friends gave it high ratings I decided to take a chance. I must confess, the summary for this book does not do it justice. It is a combination of paranormal mysteries, intrigue, romance and erotica. Yum!

Hannah allowed her sister, Sara to talk her into going to a party with her. Sara is the petite, pretty one while Hannah was rather
Jeanne Walz
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. As per other reviews, I do not mind cliffhangers. I feel it adds to the build up of the story and keeps me coming back for more. I feel the lead female, Hannah, is a strong woman with a mission. The lead male, Will, is an Alpha in all descriptions of the word. I especially love how Kelly depicts the werewolf as he tries to fight his natural instincts to associate himself with the humans. I can say I am annoyed by the Rules but that only makes me enjoy the book even more.
@@@
Kbrazell
Apr 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Ummm.... not bad. Not great, but not bad.

I know what I liked: The whole academy training thing (what is it about that scenario that seems to get everyone??), the whole supernatural thing, the revenge thing, the steamy scenes, ... and sadly the realistic (heh kinda, it is about vampires) deaths. I liked that Ms. Kelly wasn't afraid to kill off some characters.

What I didn't like: How Will goes from extreme douche asshole to lover to assdouche and it goes back and forth. And how Hannah suddenly b
Amelia
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: i-read-for-free
2.5 Stars. I suspect most lovers of this genre would enjoy The Recruit but it just wasn't for me. A bit too much gore. A bit too much of everyone having sex with everyone else. A bit too much of every character fancying Hannah/Will. A bit too choppy a flow of time. I didn't like either main character and I felt my feminist hackles raising slightly.
Karyn Mitchell
Sep 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I loved this book the chemestry between will and hannah was fabulus but i felt that alot of it dragged on with very little actually happening for me to be able to give it a better rateing shame really the writting was superb.
mich
Apr 28, 2016 marked it as on-kindle-to-read
This is free right now on Amazon. Please feel free to read it and tell me if it's good or not ;)
Susan Olson
Aug 03, 2015 rated it liked it
It's pretty much the same as other shifter books. Nothing new just a little different story.
SG
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I read this book primarily because it was free and that is probably why I gave it 3 stars instead of 2.
The Recruit is about change and revenge. Hannah, our main character, loses her sister to vampires and is saved by a secret organization that is dedicated to eradicate the evil vampires. After being saved Hannah decides to join the recruit program to avenge her sister's murder.
The Hannah introduced in the beginning of the book and the Hannah that we have at the end are two very completely diff
Kereana
Awesome swords

Hannah went to a party with her sister. Hannah was a bit of a nerdy gal and her sister was the party gal. The guys that invited them to the party turn out to be vampires. Will (a lycan) appears and saves the day unfortunately Hannah's sister dies. This is what pushes Hannah to join the recruitment (not actually sure what they call themselves, I cnt member if it was even mentioned) anyways she falls for her instructor but they can't be 2together it's against the rules. She ends up b
Lisa
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good storyline but...

Good Storyline, character and world building but there was more action in the sack than in the field. Don't get me started on the relationship between Will and Hannah. It was on and then off and then on and off, it was a roller-coaster ride. At the end Will said some horrible things to Hannah. I would love her to end up with someone else..... Ends with a cliffhanger.
Angela James
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hannah

Loved it! Hannah was dragged out for a night of fun with her sister when her while world is turned upside down. Now she's on a quest for revenge and things get steamy with a Lycan and tricky with the rules. Vamps are after her and there's a mole in the organization. What could happen next has my nerves fried.
Suzie Hamel
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Good

Vampires, a secret training facility for vampire slayers, and lycans too. Lots of forbidden attraction and steamy trysts. Revenge, jealousy, and betrayal. It was a good book, but nothing really set it apart from the crowd for me. If you're into swords and a quick,fun read you'll likely enjoy it.
Mickey Noel
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Terrific story! Not for the faint of heart.

Well written storyline, with great characters! Very sexy, with some explicit scenes. Also pretty brutal, definitely not for squeamish or easily offended. Looking forward to the continuing series.
becca
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A happy surprise

This book has sat in my library for the past year or more something else always came before it. I was surprised at how pulled in to story I was. Will definitely be buying the second one to see how will and Hannah gets on. Worth the read
Elizabeth
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Hot ware sex followed by lots of vampire killing. I was enthralled and had to read to the end. I want the next novel now. Hannah is amazing and I want to know how she has learned to be what she is. Where is the strength and stamina coming from? There must be an answer besides training...
Sabrina
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
This book seriously started off as a 2.5 stars and worked its way to the top. By the middle I was hooked!!
Zil
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
The plot is good but the buildup between the characters and in the story isn't that good which makes it hard to connect.
Megan Hull
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Ken Liljengren
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was really good!
I couldn't stop reading and now I'm off to book #2.

Ken
RavenRose
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

I love strong female characters and steamy forbidden loves. This is an exciting series I can't wait to continue with. Vampires, Lycans, Slayers... oh my!!
Sharene Barnes
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-challenge
What a fantastic book!!!! The author has written the book in such a way to make you feel for the characters with the build up of the story. Hannah was a very strong woman who has endured what nobody wants to experience...a lost of someone. But against all odds, she found her niche and became the best at it. The hero of the story Will would make any girl want to be in his presence.
This is the first book I've read by this author and I'm very happy with the writing style thus far.

I am definitely o
Delia
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
A good quick read.
Jane Kelsey
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars
Mehh
  • Blood Slaves (The Daughters of Darkness, #1)
  • Elemental Shining (Paranormal Public #3)
  • Eternal Love (Immortal Witches, #1 & 2)
  • Primal Quest (Primal Attractions, #1)
  • Jamb  (Cornerstone, #3)
  • Beloved (The Crystor #3)
  • Killian (Avalon, #1)
  • Phase (Phase Trilogy, #1)
  • Mixed Blessing (Mixed Blessing Mystery, #1)
  • Unseen (The Heights, #1)
  • The Severed Thread (Abigail Lassiter, #1)
  • Snow, Blood, and Envy
  • Fighter (Outsider, #3)
  • Claiming Excalibur (Legendary Saga #2)
  • Hidden Trump (Bite Back, #2)
  • Strange Trouble (Rune Alexander #3)
  • Allure of the Wolf (Seraphine Thomas, #2)
  • Cry Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #2)
Elizabeth Kelly is a romance novelist who spends her days writing and pushing her cat Murray off the keyboard. She firmly believes that a person can survive solely on sushi and coffee, and only her husband's mad cooking skills prevents her from proving that theory.

The Recruit (5 books)
  • The Recruit: Book Two (The Recruit, #2)
  • The Recruit: Book Three (The Recruit, #3)
  • The Recruit: Book Four (The Recruit, #4)
  • The Recruit: Book Five