Start by marking “Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered” as Want to Read:
Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered

Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered

4.10  ·  Rating details ·  24,280 ratings  ·  1,922 reviews

In his New York Times bestseller Steal Like an Artist, Austin Kleon showed readers how to unlock their creativity by “stealing” from the community of other movers and shakers. Now, in an even more forward-thinking and necessary book, he shows how to take that critical next step on a creative journey—getting known.

Show Your Work! is about why generosity trumps genius. It’s

Published March 6th 2014 by Workman Publishing Company

·  24,280 ratings  ·  1,922 reviews

Start your review of Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered
Ariel
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
This was the kick I needed! I loved my reading experience with this book - it fell into my lap quite unexpectedly, full of my friend's annotations, and I flew through it. I had such a riot getting inspired and rethinking what the aims of creation should be. Full of quotations from a HUGE variety of creative types, full of manageable but impactful ideas, and with an excellent understanding of modern times and the tools we have at our disposable, this was a treat. A TREAT.

I really recommend this -
Pat Loughery
Having just finished Austin Kleon's previous book Steal Like an Artist, which I liked but didn't LOVE... I didn't expect anything different here. I mean, the book's exactly the same size and shape, the same layout, similar in approach. But this one hit me right between the eyes half a dozen times over.

I immediately started rereading this one, a library copy, and bought this one and Steal Like an Artist. I suspect that I didn't click with the first one because I read it too quickly and didn't rea
Shannon Yarbrough
I loved Austin's first book, Steal Like an Artist, and did exactly what he told me, including buying extra copies of his book and giving it to all my friends. As a writer and an artist, his advice is simple, inspiring, and fun to follow. I still use that book as a reference when I need a pick-me-up.

His new book, Show Your Work!, feeds the need for those of us who wanted more! It's the same format - quick chapters with full page black and white photos, quotes from famous folks that you will be pi
Maria Clara
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: preparadas
Rutina, en eso consiste la mayoría de nuestros días. Ya sabes, levantarse, trabajar, comer, trabajar, cenar y dormir. Pero también nos aporta estabilidad. Seguridad. Después de todo, la rutina no es más que más de lo mismo pero con la oportunidad de hacerlo diferente. Es como si tuvieras la oportunidad de revivir un mismo día múltiples veces, hasta convertirlo en algo mágico. Único. Y eso no es otra cosa que arte.⠀
Dime:¿qué habría pasado si Leonardo Da Vinci no hubiera pintado la sonrisa de la G
Hamad
As someone who has problems with self-confidence, this kind of helped a bit~!
RTC...
Janet
More than anything else, I felt really validated as I read Kleon's newest piece. It made me think of the very early days when Avid Bookshop was just a dream, when I was sharing my ups and downs with folks and hoping against hope that someday my business would be a vibrant brick-and-mortar bookstore. If you are a creator of any kind--and all of us are, or can be--this book will inspire you and make you feel empowered.

Are you going to read this book because my review influenced you? Then check it
Donalyn
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-nonfiction
Funny, smart, observant. So much of what Kleon writes resonates with me as a writer who blogs and tweets. Great ideas about building your tribe and sharing ideas.
Christine Zibas
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-books

"Whatever we say, we're always talking about ourselves." -- Alison Bechdel.

And I could add, whenever we talk, we're always telling stories. Why do we write or make art or pursue creativity of any sort? The answer? To be more ourselves, to show who we are, to make a connection, to find our tribe.

Austin Kleon, the author of this book is a "writer who draws" and in sharing himself here, he takes his readers deep into the element of connecting. In particular, he offers up suggestions of how to get y
Vojtěch
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
Chápu, je tam mnohdy až moc obecných rad, ale jsou strašně dobře podané (alespoň pro mě). Kniha, která mi byla od začátku čtení (a nejspíš ještě po nějakou dobu bude) takovou malou učebnicí, která je rozhodně lepší než jakákoliv školní učebnice. Austin Kleon podle mě odvedl dobrou práci a svojí knihou dokáže bezpochyby plno lidí namotivovat. Pro mě je třeba velké zjištění, že mnoho lidí opravdu nezajímá až tak moc výsledek, ale samotný proces (již vyzkoušeno). Proto patří autorovi dík a já jdu o ...more
María Ángeles
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me ha gustado mucho y ha caído en dos días.
Te aconseja pasos muy sencillos y que pueden sacarse por lógica, pero el verlo escritos y todos unidos, hacen que tengan mucha más entidad y te lo tomes como una especie de "procedimiento".
Mi tip favorito: "Comparte algo pequeño cada día". Me ha parecido muy motivador y creo que sigue una línea muy real, que ojalá yo misma pueda llevar acabo.
Una página de preguntas me ha dado una idea genial para el blog que esperar poner en práctica.
Y por último: Amor
Rachel
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anytime I need some inspiration or encouragement in my creative endeavors, I turn to Austin Kleon. His words get me so pumped up and inspired, and his books never let me down.
Eoghann Irving
I'm pretty much going to spend this review telling you everything wrong this book and the whole genre. Because if ever there's a book that embodies the genre Show Your Work is it.

Despite that, you may want to consider buying the book. Because while Austin Kleon really doesn't offer a single new idea, it is possible that his amiable presentation of the ideas will trigger you to act on them. In short, the emperor has no clothes, but it may not matter.

It's a Quick Read

Which translates to, this is a
nananatte
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: writing
หยิบ SHOW YOUR WORK! มาอ่านใหม่ หลังอ่านรอบแรกไปเมื่อปี 2016 ...ก็ยังคิดว่าชอบเล่มแรก STEAL LIKE AN ARTIST มากกว่าค่ะ

ไม่ใช่ว่า show your work ไม่ดีหรืออ่านไม่สนุก แต่เพราะเล่มนี้ไม่ได้เล่าเรื่อง creativity เสียทีเดียว แต่เป็นการออกมาบอกเล่าวิธีขายงานตัวเองให้ได้ สำหรับมวลหมู่ artist ที่เป็นแต่รังสรรค์งานออกมา แต่ขายงานตัวเองไม่เป็นเอาเสียเลย

คอนเซ็ปท์เล่มนี้ดีนะคะ
ยิ่งวิธีประชาสัมพันธ์ตัวเองลักษณะที่ Austin Kleon บอกเล่า มันก็คือการใช้งานเครื่องมือออนไลน์ต่างๆ ให้เกิดประโยชน์สูงสุด

คือเราชอบคอนเซ
Suzanne
This is an excellent primer on self-promotion for artists. I have to admit that I picked it up with some skepticism, just as I did with Steal Like an Artist. This follow-up has the same slick look about it, with Kleon's subtractive poetry and ample quotes from other artists. But, just as with the other book, as soon as I started reading, I was sold on it. I loved what this book had to say.

The Goodreads summary covers the bullet points well, but what I liked most was his emphasis on how to make q
AK
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Kleon seems like a nice guy, so I hate saying this, but I have no idea why this is a book. "Put your work on the internet, and try not to be too annoying about it. Then people will see your work, know you exist, and not be too annoyed by you." The end.
Rimantė_LithuanianPoetryLover
PARODYK KĄ SUKŪREI! (EN. SHOW YOUR WORK) BY AUSTIN KLEON

LT/EN

LT

Austin Kleon sugrįžta su dar 10 patarimų, tik šįkart ne apie kūrybos šaltinius, o kaip juos panaudoti ir pagaliau tapti žinomu kūrėju. Nuo sugriaunamo vienišo genijaus mito iki patarimo nesustoti Austin'as Kleon'as drąsina rodyti savo darbus pasauliui. Taip pat išmokti priimti smūgį t.y. kritiką, kurio sulauksi, rodydamas darbą visiems, o ne tik tave palaikantiems žmonėms.
Nežinau, ar ši knygą geresnė už "Vok kaip menininkas". Man ab
S.Baqer Al-Meshqab
This beautifully-written book is a reference to artists specifically and to all people in general who have the potential to do something and establish a name in social industry. Ten Guidelines will direct you to the way of how to present your work to others, be accepted, influence and get influenced by, and most importantly, to stick around. It has been very helpful in shaping the way you look to the products you make and to the process in which these products are made. I intend to put it on my ...more
Loren
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: writing-books
When I was younger, I thought that if I just wrote the perfect story, people would love it, I would be discovered, and then I'd have it made. That hasn't worked out the way I planned. I've come around to Austin Kleon's way of thinking: I love the encouragement to share my work as I'm doing it, rather than hoarding it until it's polished and perfect.

The book is breezy and short, but I found nuggets of inspiration. I'm eager to put some of his advice into effect and see if it makes a difference.
Gabriela Kozhuharova
„Покажи своето творчество“ обяснява как да не бъдем гладуващи, неразбрани артисти: azcheta.com/pokazhi-svoeto-tvorchestv...

Ако в „Кради като артист“ основната теза беше, че най-ценното вдъхновение можем да намерим чрез имитацията и любимите произведения от идолите ни (с важното разграничение от плагиатството, разбира се), то тук Клиън доказва, че образът на затворения в хралупата си творец, който ненавижда света, е морално остарял в ерата на социалните мрежи и постоянното споделяне.

Същевременно
Книжни Криле
Културата отдавна не е просто култура. Талантът сам по себе си отдавна вече не е достатъчен. Пазарът е пренаситен, а за вниманието на аудиторията се водят истински маркетингови войни. Как може един прохождащ съвременен творец да стигне до публиката? Как може едно произведение да намери своите почитатели, или по-точно, как може потенциалните почитатели да открият въпросното произведение? На тези въпроси се опитва да отговори Остин Клиън в книгата си „Покажи своето творчество“ (изд. „AMG Publishin ...more
Nguyên ngộ ngộ
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: strategist
Ban đầu không ưa cái thể loại này vì cái tiêu đề hơi lố: PR BẢN THÂN.
Thường thì bản thân không cần PR quảng cáo, nghĩ đơn giản là nếu có gì đó hay ho thì sẽ nổi tiếng.
Suy nghĩ đó đúng chứ, nên cũng đâu có ý định đọc cuốn này làm gì.
Mà vì có quá nhiều review cho quyển này trên amazon và goodreads
Mình nhất quyết đọc nó.
Một luồng suy nghĩ mới tác giả thổi vào đầu mình.

Cuốn sách dành cho những ai GHÉT PR BẢN THÂN.
Nghe thấy ngược với tiêu đề sách.
Cuốn sách nói về HÀO PHÒNG CHIA SẺ CÔNG VIỆC BẠN ĐAN
Ishee
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you've always hesitated in making your creative pursuits public. If you feel like an imposter or worse, think of sharing your work as self-aggrandizement, this book is for you!
Mohammad Shaker
Jun 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
“90 percent of everything is crap” the author writes. And so is 90 percent of this book.

I like deep work. This book is all about what leads to a shallow work. Maybe I’m against a lot of stuff in this book. Maybe I matured. Maybe I’ve grown up and don’t like these kind of books anymore. Maybe I should just draw a point and go to actual, real, deep work.

Oh but wait. Maybe I should share this review on twitter?
Alex Linschoten
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed much of this quick but rich overview of ways in which sharing ideas, work, (etc) can be useful for both the author and his audience. Lots of practical ideas, most of which could be boiled down to what happens when you keep a blog regularly updated. Highly recommended to anyone who thinks for a living.
Mabeli Pujols
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the type of book that you really need to have with you and read it every time you feel that you need some inspiration!
Patrick Sherriff
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art, on-writing
Kleon makes a good case for creatives at all stages of their artistic and commercial journey to lighten up and show folks what they're up to. This is like a condensed version of Real Artists Don't Starve, Jeff Goins rather good book on keeping it together as an artist and making a buck too, but Kleon's is much shorter and sweeter. The 10 chapter headings are pointers to a fruitful, moral creative life in the internet age:

1. You Don't Have to Be a Genius
2. Think Process, Not Product
3. Share Somet
Suhas
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a quite different from the books from other books in my view. Mostly books i read focused on either being productive or motivational,but this book is all different which says what to do after learning or reading. definitely for the people who are in doubt of starting blogs ,videos in feild of sharing content
Hestia Istiviani
I read and write this review in Bahasa Indonesia

Sudah cukup lama setelah aku baca buku Kleon yang pertama, Steal Like An Artist, akhirnya keturutan juga membli buku yang kedua, Show Your Work. Masih tidak jauh berbeda dengan yang sebelumnya, Kleon mampu menuturkan hal-hal yang ada di otaknya mengenai "mempromosikan diri" dengan cara yang sangat mudah.

Gaya Bahasa, Kosakata, dan Penyampaian
Kalau pernah membaca Steal Like An Artist edisi berbahasa Inggris, pasti sebagian besar mengatakan bahwa
Jelle Derckx
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-plus
Ik kwam als eerste in contact met Austin Kleon door het boek ‘Steal like an artist’. Ik was onder de indruk van zijn originele manier van illustreren gecombineerd met korte bondige teksten.

Zijn andere boek ‘Show your work’ leek me nog interessanter omdat het gaat over ‘jouw creatieve werk online delen’ en hoe je dat het beste doet.

Niet jouw huisdier of latte’s online zetten maar jouw creatieve werk. Mensen meenemen op jouw pad en ze beter maken in dat waar ze beter in willen worden.

Twee grootste
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong editions combined together... 4 25 Jan 19, 2017 10:34AM
2015 Reading Chal...: Show Your Work by Austin Kleon 1 19 Jun 06, 2015 10:23AM

• Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter
  • Anything You Want
  • An Illustrated Life: Drawing Inspiration From The Private Sketchbooks Of Artists, Illustrators And Designers
  • Design Is a Job
  • Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling
  • The Sketchnote Handbook: The Illustrated Guide to Visual Note Taking
  • Leonardo's Notebooks
  • Work for Money, Design for Love: Answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions about Starting and Running a Successful Design Business
  • I Will Judge You by Your Bookshelf
  • The Shock of the New
  • History of Art
  • The Agony and the Ecstasy
  • Seven Days in the Art World
I’m a writer who draws. I make art with words and books with pictures. Author of Steal Like An Artist and other bestsellers. Visit my website: http://austinkleon.com/ ...more