Start by marking “Never Forgotten (Never Forgotten, #1)” as Want to Read:
Never Forgotten (Never Forgotten, #1)

Never Forgotten

(Never Forgotten #1)

Meara Quinn is about to find out there are worse things than moving to a tiny oceanside town before her senior year. Like discovering there's a secret being kept from her and knowing it's a life-changer.

After experiencing vivid visions of her absentee father, Meara decides she deserves answers. With the help of her new friend Evan, a guy she happens to be falling for, she
Paperback
Published June 14th 2014 by Clean Teen Publishing (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Never Forgotten, please sign up.
Kelly Risser I believe to enable the x-ray feature, the book requires different formatting than what my publisher currently does. Thank you for the suggestion; I…moreI believe to enable the x-ray feature, the book requires different formatting than what my publisher currently does. Thank you for the suggestion; I will certainly pass it on.(less)
Kelly Risser The fantasy beings in the Never Forgotten series are all water-based creatures or those that live near the water. I don't want to give any spoilers,…moreThe fantasy beings in the Never Forgotten series are all water-based creatures or those that live near the water. I don't want to give any spoilers, but I can promise you that there are no werewolves.(less)

Ben Alderson
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SERIOUSLY!
THAT ENDING!
I need to go to Scotland with this character!
omg her dad

THIS
Nicole
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-favs
So overall it was a good book. The only issue I had is I think it could’ve been shorter and been just as good. The middle of the book seemed to really drag on. I love the whole concept of it but there was not enough action or drama in the middle I really struggled to keep interested in it. I LOVED Evan he was the sweetest most awesome guy. Like I said overall a good book with a great story line but could’ve been about 60-90 pages shorter and been better without all the filler things.
Crina (Reading Addict)
All in all this book was very weird, because in some parts was good and interesting, and in others it felt dragged and really boring. Sometimes or almost everytime I felt that the characters a lot younger than their actual age, because they were acting so childish and the dialogue was so flat. Also, I don't even remember clearly how they look and who is who, because there's a plethora of characters and I have no idea why.

The first chapters were interesting and I was really asking myself what is
Bianca Hanganu
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted on my blog.

A short time ago I felt the urge to read a book in English, so I opened my pc kindle and I saw I have more than one hundred titles ready to be devoured. Problem is, many of these titles are the first book in a series, and, because I don't like to start something and not finish it, I hesitated for a while. Finally, I chose Never Forgotten by Kelly Risser, thanks to its cover. After reading the book, I can say it is really illustrative. Though I had no big expec
sue

This was a poignant story of a young girl who has to come to terms with an awful lot in her life.

The opening pages get to the heart of the matter right away, I love a book like that, I just know instantly then that I will grasp the writing throughout 9 time out of 10.

Her Father has left, the marriage is over, her Mother assures her its not to do with her, her Father still loves her.

One day, in walks Meara, she calls for her Mother, no reply, she looks for something to eat, grabs a carrot stick,
Holly
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As an author and mother of six kids, I’m extremely picky about what I spend my limited time reading. Most books I pick up, I put down after the first few pages. Unless it’s a compelling beginning, I don’t waste my time reading the rest. The day I picked this book up, I’d already started and gave up on five other books. But Never Forgotten…I don’t even remember making the decision to give it a full read. I was simply swept up in the story. Meara is such a relatable, sympathetic main character and ...more
Emily
So it has been established that I love mermaids. Well, the next on my list of awesome, underwater creatures is Selkies. From Irish and Scottish folklore, they are a type of seals that can shed their skin to become human. Many of the legends feature women selkies whose seal skins are stolen from them by fishermen, preventing them from returning to the sea. So they marry the fishermen and stay with them until they find where the men have hidden the skins.

Never Forgotten, I was delighted to discov
Alicia Huxtable
Enjoyable

What a story! I enjoyed the way this story played out. The way the characters grew throughout was really good to.
Wendy C
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
My REVIEW for Never Forgotten by Kelly Risser is based on the ARC and not completed book.

Never Forgotten by Kelly Risser tells us the story of Meara who is ending her junior year of High School. Sharon, Meara’s mother, informs Meara that her cancer has returned and they will be moving to live with her estranged Grandparents in Canada.

Meara and her mom arrive at Peggy’s Cove and get settled in. Meara went to bed and fell asleep right away but, she had a dream about her dad. (Meara keeps having t
Jen
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Slight quibble with the book contents and the publisher name. Publisher is "Clean Teen Publishing" and there is teen underage drinking and sex. The sex happens off-screen, as it were, but you know it still happened. The drinking isn't glorified, but it's in a few scenes.

That quibble aside, this book was pretty darn awesome. The characters felt real to me. There was drama, but it was all realistic. The MC is going through a really hard time, but she has a strong support network and she is strong
Jordan
Apr 18, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Meara Quinn’s life is suddenly uprooted when she finds herself moving from Wisconsin to Canada due to the return of her mother’s cancer. She’s suddenly living with her grandparents, who she’s never met. Meara attempts to handle the sickness of her mother while simultaneously getting used to living in a new country. On top of that, she begins dreaming of her absent father, whom she has never known. But the dreams appear to only be t
Maggie
Oct 17, 2014 rated it liked it
In Scotland we have stories of selkies, kelpies, Nessie & the Blue Men from Minch. I grew up loving the stories of women waiting by the shores for their loved ones to return from fishing only to be lured into sea by selkies or kelpies, never to be seen again.

I struggled to get into this story of Meara who moves to Canada with her mother suffering from terminal cancer. Her mother brought Meara up alone as Meara's father left them when she was born. Meara makes new friends, finds a love inte
Quimataz
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
***I received a copy of the book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

***The book is free on amazon at time of posting this review.

I'm going to begin this review by being honest. When I started this book I didn't know how to feel. I imagined it would just focus on one thing but that wasn't the case.

In my opinion, the book was a breeze to read despite the subject matter. The author eased me into each chapter in such a way that I didn't find myself shocked or surprised by the outcome.
Shannon Thompson
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After her mother's cancer returns, Meara returns to her mother's hometown and comes face-to-face with her mother's past, her questionable future, and the truth behind her existence...and the sea holds all the answers.

This fantastic YA novel includes a realistic family dynamic among a mysterious, mythological backdrop and a unique setting that is often unseen in literature. Romance as well as friendship are important roles in Meara's life, and I enjoyed how many types of relationships she builds
Angela Oliver
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
This is mostly a teen drama with love, life and sorrow, but there is also a fantastical edge. The characters are reasonably well developed, the writing evocative and reasonably paced, although it did feel a little of a slow simmer rather than a fast boil. I found myself drawn into Meera's world, experiencing her uncertainities, her loss and love and longing. I found it quite a compelling read, despite the fact that not a lot really happened for about 2/3s of the books and some of the more potent ...more
Elizabeth Emily Browne
**Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publishers for allowing me a copy of the book to read and review**

I enjoyed this book especially the relationship between Evan and Meara. However, I know that this is a fantasy book but I found it unrealistic? If that makes sense? There were also gaps in the story. For example I would be reading one chapter that had a problem but there was no fallout to it but also no solution? They just carry on as if nothing even happened.

I thought the story line had
Taylor Knight
Aug 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
I loved the girl on the cover's hair and that's what interested me to get this book.
I didn't read any reviews, any blurbs, nothing, before starting this book.
It has a sort of cool concept and plot but it's not really all that original or super interesting.
The characters are fine. Plain, mildly boring, not really creative.
But the thing that kills, the thing that made me quit this book, is the writing. It's really rough and not quite... right. I not really know how to explain it. It's like the
Maryalice
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won't say much about the plot because I don't want to give anything away. I enjoyed the book, it was interesting, well written and am glad I read it but didn't give it 5 stars because I like faster paced stories, but thats me. I hope there is going to be a book about Meara's adventures finding her other half. I won this book and would like to thank the author.
Anna
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I got this book because it was free on amazon and the summary sounded interesting. I guessed correctly this book was interesting. The plot had a good pace. The characters were likeable.I felt for the main character what she went through. A great book I was happy that I picked up.
Kayla/Michaela (mindcrazed)
An interesting story that didn't turn out the way I expected, which was a nice change. Full review on the blog: http://mindcrazed.blogspot.se/2015/03...
Vivien
Mar 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Thank you NetGalley for the chance to review this book.
I wrote a review for this book on my blog
April
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Something different

I really enjoyed this book. Looking forward to reading the next in the series. It's fresh and new. A +
SimpleyChristi
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
overall I really loved the book I like how the author was able to take real situations and sensatise them such as mom getting cancer she really put a lot of thought into it I love how the author drove home the point of letting fear stop you from enjoying life and having new experiences in one's life could be a good thing I just thought she drugged out the suspension about her father to long and didn't go into enough detail on explaining everything to his daughter her parents really failed her wh ...more
Amanda R
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
An easy, enjoyable read with a paranormal aspect, though it didn't really dominate the plot. There were a few typos that jumped out at me and I didn't feel like a whole lot happened, but all in all, it was a decent read. There was one scene in particular, however, that might make sense tied in to future books, but felt out of place and jarring in this one. What I did like, though, was the relationship between mother and daughter and the fact that the narrator wasn't angsty! It was refreshing rea ...more
Mad White
Jul 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
I was very disappointed in this book. It started out okay but the writing was poor and some of the characterisation was pretty awful. Meara was such an annoying character that I nearly gave up but I had to see if it would get better.

It was extremely cliche all the way through, things like going to a carnival and him winning her a bear. So you could always see where it was going to go.

Towards the end of the middle section, she obviously ran out of ideas because nothing happened and then she bri
Nicole
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Sara
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Am I the only one that thought this book was the shittiest most boring book ever? Like seriously it’s such a time waster and I regret continuing it. I was trying to like the plot and I kinda did but the writing was not great at all. The way this book is written did not grab my interest. I’d give it the fact that it was original and creative,but the writing is a turn off.
Michelle Loyd
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New beginnings

I couldn't stop reading this book.I could picture myself at Santa Cruz California were I'm from but of course that's not were this takes place. I could almost feel ocean and the breeze.If u enjoy new reading Suspence,action,New beginnings & friendship then dive in .
Noni Barker
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four-plus. I will be looking for the sequels in this YA romance/fantasy series. I am usually not big on fantasy. That aspect emerged slowly in this story as the protagonist discovers that she is not entirely human. She must choose between living in the world that she has always known or leaving it to pursue and strengthen the other part of her being.
Ronda
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant!

I just couldn't get enough of this story. So much emotion, detail, and magic. I loved the characters, and though there was a dark moment in the story: I am eager to carry on this newest episode. On to the next adventure!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Wicked (A Night Roamers Short)
  • Damselfly (Faeble, #2)
  • Remember Me (Collective, #2)
  • The Awakener (The Watchers of Men, #1)
  • The Mackenzie Legacy (The Athena Effect #2)
  • The Dragon's Mate (Dragon Shifters, #2)
  • Blood of Retribution (Witch Fairy, #9)
  • Warrior: The Moondark Saga, Books 1-3 (The Moondark Saga Boxed Sets)
  • Reluctant Guardian (Ransomed Soul Series, #1)
  • Veiled Shadows (The Age of Alandria, #2)
  • Losing Logan (Losing Logan, #1)
  • Tender (The Trelawneys of Williamsburg #1)
  • Curse (The Wexkia Trilogy, #1)
  • Awakening (BirthRight Trilogy #2)
  • The Mind's Eye (SYNSK, #1)
  • Sacrifice Me: Season One (Sacrifice Me #1-6)
  • Ageless Sea (Ageless, #1)
  • Chosen (The Amish Bloodsuckers Trilogy)
I love books. I love reading books. I love collecting books. I love reading books aloud to my kids. It's been a lifelong dream to write a book, and now, I've done it! It's so much fun creating a world, and my characters have become family to me. I hope that you'll love them, too.

Feel free to contact me. I'd love to hear from you!

Never Forgotten (3 books)
  • Current Impressions (Never Forgotten, #2)
  • Always Remembered (Never Forgotten, #3)
“She's a girl after my own heart. Food first, conversation later.” 3 likes
“How could I endure watching my mother, the person who gave me life, fight a losing battle to keep hers? Her” 0 likes