Start by marking “Whale” as Want to Read:
Whale

Whale

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
When a giant whale washes up on shore—on top of young Joe's town, in fact—no one knows what to do! The Mayor declares that the town is ruined. The Whale laments that all he's good for now is a large fish pie. The Fishmonger quickly agrees. But Joe is determined to set things right.

With the help of Joe, some impressive teamwork, invaluable wisdom from the Owl and the In
Published June 12th 2007 by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Whale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whale

Aczel Barron
This book was amazing I loved it.It was very interesting my favorite part was when he crashed in to the city.my favorite charecter was joe.Joe was very inspiring charecter one day I wish i could be him . suprisingly the people didnt get angry at the whale for destroying there homes.
Caroline
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
My 11 month old and I both like this book and I feel it will grow with her as there is lots to talk about in the pictures, which are very detailed, and the language is fairly simple so it might be a useful early reading book.
Kelly Jimenez
In this book it talks about how the whale appear in the shore. I also read that the whale helped out the town, because it got flood it. The whale drank the water until the whale saw the land. Overall the whale help the town a lot. This book is a awesome book.
Kathleen Dixon
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s, animals
Cute story; great illustrations. The children and I loved it.
Shannon
Sep 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bed time story
Shelves: kids
Gorgeously illustrated. Fantastic story of a town, a boy named Joe and a Whale. Great for little kids and adults.
Elizabeth
Nov 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-lit
A very fun story about a catastrophe that brings something new and beautiful : ) Illustration and story easy enough for Bridget to enjoy, and unique enough for Maddie to want to listen, too.
Danielle
A pretty wild, whimsical read.
I think if you fully go with the story and vintage style, it's wonderful.
Johanna Robles
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is not that bad. it talks about a whale lands on land.and they don't know how to take him off so.they asked the sun, stars, moon, wind. the town got ruined and the fishes fixed it
JPA
Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable.
Paula
When a giant whale washes up on shore, a little boy and the rest of the town must work together with the sun and the moon and the stars and the fishes to set things right again.
Nelly
Oct 14, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-stuff
Community makes the world a better place.

Out of 5.

Illustrations : 5
Content : 5
Originality : 4
Humor : n/a
Age Level : 0-100
Libby
My 2-yr old son requested this library book only occasionally, and didn't make it all the way through every time. My husband and I didn't think it was that great. Kind of weird and anticlimactic.
Julie
A great book on how we may make a mistake and together we may fix it.
Brandon Menjivar
This book is very interesting is about a blue whale that lands on a city i don't how it does that but yeah. it weights 32 thousand pounds.
Rachel
Sep 28, 2014
Brian James
Jul 29, 2010
Charlie
rated it did not like it
Jun 11, 2015
Nanor & Co.
Feb 28, 2014
Joe Jackson
Mar 15, 2015
David Lucas has written and illustrative several books for children and was named a Booktrust Best New Illustrator. He lives in London.
More about David Lucas...