Start by marking “Campus Crush” as Want to Read:
Campus Crush

Campus Crush

(Campus Romance 0.5-3)

The co-eds of Timberland College know a little romance is good for the soul.

Follow four couples as they try to find love in the Campus Crush Series boxset, including Nothing to Tell, Romancing the R.A., Behind Closed Doors, and Rushing Into Love.

When you're looking for love, you have to be willing to break the rules.
Published February 25th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published February 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Campus Crush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Campus Crush

Maddison
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one's a compendium of the first .5-3 of her series Campus Romance.

0.5: I really loved this little novella about Mike and Fallen. I'm also really pleased that it's around because it shows that not all of her characters get their happy endings, and that there are some really mean people around. (view spoiler)

#1. Oh Andy <3 I love Andy. Swimmer, gentleman, good fun, perfect b
Michelle
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fun quick read. This is a collection of novellas, which I loved. Even though one character's story ends, they reappear in the next character's story. I love this, because it actually makes each book more satisfying.

I think book one is my favorite. I walked away smiling. If you need something light and to make smile, this is your book.

(If you are pro Greek system in College- book three might not appeal to you as much.)
Chrys Fey
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you love short and sweet romances, you have to check out this series.

I gave Nothing to Tell 5 stars, Romancing the R.A. 5 stars, Behind Closed Doors 4 stars, and Rushing into Love 5 stars. You can see my separate reviews for each story on their pages. :)
Beverly McClure
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ah, the college years. Study. Make new friends. Fall in love. Experience disappointment. Party. Just another day in the life of thousands of students as they leave home to get an education, often in more than classwork.

CAMPUS CRUSH, a new adult book by Author Ashelyn Drake, consists of four novellas about friendship, love, and making the right choices. In each story we see the pressures and challenges new students face in college, not only in their classes, but also in their personal lives. Take
Katie Carroll
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
CAMPUS CRUSH by Ashelyn Drake combines four novellas in one. Discover the ups and downs of relationships as four Timberland College co-eds search for love. Mike relies on cheesy pick-up lines to (mostly fail) at getting girls. When he catches the eye of sun-bathing beauty Fallon, he thinks he may have finally found someone to love. Noelle hasn't even officially started college when she falls for handsome swimmer and R.A., Andy, at freshman orientation. But are the feelings mutual? Take-charge Ju ...more
Loredana (Bookinista08)
Just so I'm not seen as mean, I'll give it 2.5 stars, but that's only because I made an average of the ratings I gave each story. I have to say, the only redeemable feature of this novella collection was Ashelyn Drake's writing style. Although a bit repetitive at time, it was very much in line with the New Adult genre. Other than that, however, everything was simply a mess. Too much instalove, too many feelings from the very start, too much drama. I felt like I was watching a Spanish soap opera ...more
Angelica  Brazil-Steward
I thought I had already marked this as read. I finished this book quick. It wasn't hard because the writing was great and the characters are so easy to like. But it should probably be read alone because there were a few scenes that made me blush - in a good way. I enjoyed each of the novella's in the book and I liked how the characters from one story were also in the others. Now that I've finished, I want to go back to college! I highly recommend for anyone looking for something swoon-worthy to ...more
Lesley Book Lover
Utter rubbish! Just as it seemed to be getting good, it ended. This has a few novellas in, but such an abrupt ending, I want the rest of the story, but it goes to other characters, can't be bothered to read anymore.
Kelsey Ketch
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nothing to Tell

I found Nothing to Tell one of the best in this novella collection. I really enjoyed it! Especially the fact that it was written in the male point of view. Mike was refreshing difference from most of the “Perfect Book Boyfriends.” He was realistic, and yes, a jerk. In fact, that was exactly what I loved. Oh, and Mindy!! Who says a girl isn’t up to being a guy’s wing-man? I think this girl actually rocked at it! Her advice and friendship with Mike was spot on.
As for the storyline,
Jami Wagner
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the perfect afternoon read! It was cute, funny, and realistic. It was exactly what I needed to have a fun stress free read.

Nothing to Tell –

First off – the meet- I loved how they didn’t talk. The just shared a lingering gaze which in my opinion, says a lot more than words. Then I finished Mike’s story, and decided the meet was exactly where everything went wrong.

Aside from trying to decide how much I actually liked Mike, I decided his character was pretty spot on to that of a typical c
Medeia Sharif
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Here's my take on all the stories in this collection.

Nothing to Tell: This is a short, steamy NA read. Mike is an awkward guy with a best friend, Mindy, who's trying to help him in the romance department. When a gorgeous, mysterious girl he sees around campus catches his eye, she seems unobtainable with her amazing looks and disappearing acts--and what if she mistakes Mindy for his girlfriend, when she isn't? Her name is Fallon, she wants Mike, and she's going to shake things up for him.

Romancin
Liz
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short, college
Oh Dear. I think I've been spoiled by other authors who've been able to nail (pun intended, if you wish) this genre and deliver stories with multiple dimensions and complex characters. And then there's this "book" which is just a collection of 4 short stories about characters that carry over from one story to the next. And that's the only continuity there is here.

Even with that, the stories are boring. Banal dialogue, simplistic storytelling, and apparently accurately reflective of the college c
Melinda
May 10, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Since I'm not one to stop reading a book, I continued this one after the terrible beginning. By the end, the stories had gotten progressively better but still left me feeling kind of eh about them. I'm a true lover of romance stories but even I found myself rolling my eyes at the love at first sight and jumping right into bed/a relationship that happened in pretty much all the stories. It was too much without having a real basis for the so-called love. It needed a little more character developme ...more
Kerryn (RatherBeReading)
Individual Ratings:
Nothing To Tell - 2.75 stars
Romancing the R.A. - 3 stars
Behind Closed Doors - 2 stars
Rushing Into Love - 2 stars

Overall rating: 2.5 stars

Pretty typical tropey new adult reads. Unfortunately the final 2 novellas really brought this down for me. Contains a lot of harmful new adult tropes.
Maeschelle
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
This is a collection of the first few chapters of each book in the series. This is just so have you a taste of each book. I guess to introduce you to the characters in the series. It did give brief insight to previous books so you will be able to guess outcomes.
Lou
Apr 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5
Nicole the Reading Ninja
Thoroughly enjoyed. Four stars because I don't think it'll be a book I'll ever re-read
Stephanie
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved the entire series of campus crush. Love happily ever afters! and love the way that every book in this serie is about someone we met in the book before but wasn't the main character
Samantha (WLABB)
Sep 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute short stories revolving around a small cast of characters and their insta-love. Cute, quick read with likable characters.
Claire Sayan
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhh I really liked this :) the first 2 stories were crap, but I LOVED everyone in the others
Victoria
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Nikolina
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked it. It was fun and flirty, and romantic. I am so going to check out some of her other books.
Michelle Schroer
http://rhinorx90eveningblog.com/vital-test-extreme/ 1 1 Jul 03, 2017 11:47PM
  • Taken by Storm
  • Beautiful Girl
  • The Edge of You
  • One Night (Only You, #1)
  • Barely Legal (Barely Legal #1)
  • Second Position (District Ballet Company #1)
  • You're the One (La Bohème, #0.5)
  • Model Position (Art of Love #1)
  • Fragment
  • Removed (The Nogiku Series, #1)
  • Bittersweet Moments (Moments in Time, #3)
  • This Much Space (Twelve Beats In A Bar, Book #2)
  • Convincing Bet
  • Positively Beautiful
  • Poisoned Waters
  • Playing the Rookie (Men of Spring Baseball #0.5)
  • Just Pretending (Hearts to Follow #1)
  • Half-Blooded: The Complete Collection
Ashelyn Drake is a contemporary romance author. While it’s rare for her not to have either a book in hand or her fingers flying across a laptop, she also enjoys spending time with her family. She believes you are never too old to enjoy a good swing set and there’s never a bad time for some dark chocolate. She also writes speculative fiction as Kelly Hashway.

Campus Romance (5 books)
  • Nothing to Tell (Campus Crush #0.5)
  • Romancing the R.A. (Campus Crush, #1)
  • Behind Closed Doors (Campus Crush, #2)
  • Rushing Into Love (Campus Crush #3)
  • Looking For Love