Start by marking “Emeralds & Ashes (At Somerton, #3)” as Want to Read:
Emeralds & Ashes (At Somerton, #3)

Emeralds & Ashes

(At Somerton #3)

In the third and final book in our romantic historical YA series, heroes emerge and tragedies unfold as the servant and gentry at Somerton Court face World War I.

The murmurs of war have turned into a bloody conflict that will touch the lives of every member of the Somerton household.
Despite the pleas of his family, Lord Averley steps forward as soon as the call is made for
Published January 6th 2015 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Emeralds & Ashes, please sign up.
Emma I was told by a publicist that it was only going to be released in eBook. And on Edelweiss, its hardcover printing was listed as cancelled. :-\

Sɑnɗrɑ☼
Feb 24, 2014 marked it as to-read
WHY IS IT SO FAR AWAY?! I WANT TO READ IT NOW :''''(
Emma
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviews
I'm so excited, but also very bummed that this is the final At Somerton book. I could read three more books about Ada, Rose, and the others.

Grade: A
Release date: Goodreads says February 19th; however, in the email from the publicist, she told me January 6th.
This e-galley was provided by Disney-Hyperion in exchange for an honest review.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: That synopsis is awfully misleading and spoiler-filled, considering the Earl of Westlake doesn't pass away until the end of act on
nordlichtmommy_liest
4,5 Sterne :)
Celeste_pewter
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book, but super bummed that Disney decided to only release it in an e-book format. :(
Rachel D.
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn’t really like how the story ended for Ada. The other characters all had happy endings, and Ada did too, but I really wanted more for her, mainly because I’m a romantic at heart. Also, this third book seemed rushed. It was like the author had run out of ideas so she ended all of the stories as quickly as she could. It’s still a fun series though for those who are romantics and Downton Abbey fans.
Anna Catharina
Ein sang- und klangloses Ende, ohne Höhepunkte. Lässt mich irgendwie unzufrieden zurück...
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm giving this 4 stars because I enjoyed this series quite a bit (maybe more than I should have). I guess what I'm saying is that this is a pretty perfect version of what it is.

Emeralds & Ashes still has the same Downton Abbey feeling as the previous books, but is well-written and enjoyable. This volume of "At Somerton" depicts the war years (WWI), and yes, the house is turned into a hospital. The subplot I enjoyed the most (out of too many to write about here) was Charlotte's time as a nu
selda
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Der letzte Teil der Somerton Court Reihe beginnt mit dem Eintritt Englands in den ersten Weltkrieg. Wenn der Krieg anfangs noch sehr weit weg zu sein scheint und sich junge Männer mutig für den Kriegsdienst melden, dann legt sich der dunkle Schatten, der Verlust und Tod mit sich bringt, im Verlauf des Buches über alle Schichten der Bevölkerung. Der Ton dieses dritten Teils ist sehr anders, als der der Vorgänger, rücken doch Intrigen, Bälle und die Oberflächlichkeiten der gehobenen Gesellschaft i ...more
Lexie
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this last book. It was so nice to see ALL of the characters grow and really come into their own. I think most of us can relate, at least partially, to that moment in life when you have to decide to follow your heart and believe in yourself, even if it means letting down the people you love. I was literally squealing with delight throughout this book, even at work. I couldn't help myself. In the end, everything was tied up and taken care of, I wasn't left with a feeling of want ...more
Juliane
This book has it ups and downs. It was some time ago I read the first two books in the series and I couldn't remember every details - and this book did not help me to remember. So it was a bit like a fresh start. I read several books about the war and it's quite similar in most cases. Those parts were a bit long to read but coming to the end it had again the spirit of the first two books. Exciting and one revelation after the other. That's what I like!
Lindsay Heller
Tracking down this book wasn't easy. I ended up reading it from Hoopla on my phone. That... is not a thing I do. Honestly, it was frustrating as hell, but I was glad to finally finish out this series. It was a silly (yeah, none of that would ever happen) but cute entry into this silly but cute series. Everyone got their true loves and evil was erraticated. In a very Edwardian way, naturally.
☙ percy ❧
Feb 21, 2014 marked it as tbr-unreleased
Well, this book isn't going to be released in the UK and it's only available in the US as an ebook, so I guess I'm never going to be able to read this. (Unless this changes in the future, but this is how it stands at the moment.) At least now I can make up happy endings for all the characters.

Thanks, publishers. Thanks a lot.
Tia
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Happy I finally purchased the ebook

What a good read. I'm so disappointed I will never have this book on my shelf with the others. After such a longtime in between books I thought if be lost, but I was able to remember the characters and follow along. My only complaint is that I wanted two of my favorite characters to come together in the end and that didn't occur.
Chris
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Downton Abbey meets Game of Thrones? And Rose is practically nonexistent in this book. I feel a little sketchy on the timeline, but overall I like the shift to wartime and the struggles of changing social norms and the impact of technology that happened during WWI.
Jillian
Feb 24, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: favorites, ya-fiction
When does this come out?
Elia
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Total fluff, but totally satisfying fluff. Great series!
lady byron
Danielle
Sep 13, 2018
Maria Pittarelli
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Kept reading it because I always have to know how things end. This one is even a little worse than the first 2. The first 2 could be likeable as a really fast, really light read despite being unrealistic and shallow. This one can't even be likeable as a light read because it's depressing about the war.
Jennica
Apr 11, 2017
Catherine H
Jan 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 17, 2015 10:40AM

• Emily and the Scot (The MacLaughlins, #2)
  • The Spy Wore Silk
  • Maid of Deception (Maids of Honor, #2)
  • Catherine and the Pirate
  • Debutantes in Love (Debutantes, #2)
  • The Incomparable Miss Compton (Rogues and Rakes, #7)
  • Scent of Cloves
  • Without Fear of Falling
  • Märzgefallene (Gereon Rath, #5)
  • Fool's Masquerade
  • The Earl's Forbidden Ward (Ramsden Brothers #2)
  • Becoming A Lady
  • Snowdrops and Scandalbroth
  • Brighton Road
  • The Sacred River
  • Dangerous Lord, Innocent Governess (Belston & Friends #2)
  • Mistaken Bride (Irish Brides, #2)
  • The Heiresses (The Heiresses, #1)
Leila Rasheed has gained an MA in both Children's Literature and Creative Writing. She started work at Reading Is Fundamental, a children's literacy charity, before moving to Belgium. Leila now works as the children's bookseller for Waterstone's in Brussels.

At Somerton (3 books)
  • Cinders & Sapphires (At Somerton, #1)
  • Diamonds & Deceit (At Somerton, #2)