Start by marking “Emeralds & Ashes (At Somerton, #3)” as Want to Read:
Emeralds & Ashes (At Somerton, #3)

Emeralds & Ashes

(At Somerton #3)

In the third and final book in our romantic historical YA series, heroes emerge and tragedies unfold as the servant and gentry at Somerton Court face World War I.

The murmurs of war have turned into a bloody conflict that will touch the lives of every member of the Somerton household.
Despite the pleas of his family, Lord Averley steps forward as soon as the call is made for
Published January 6th 2015 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Emeralds & Ashes, please sign up.
Emma I was told by a publicist that it was only going to be released in eBook. And on Edelweiss, its hardcover printing was listed as cancelled. :-\

Start your review of Emeralds & Ashes (At Somerton, #3)
Sɑnɗrɑ☼
Feb 24, 2014 marked it as to-read
WHY IS IT SO FAR AWAY?! I WANT TO READ IT NOW :''''( ...more
Emma
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm so excited, but also very bummed that this is the final At Somerton book. I could read three more books about Ada, Rose, and the others.

Grade: A
Release date: Goodreads says February 19th; however, in the email from the publicist, she told me January 6th.
This e-galley was provided by Disney-Hyperion in exchange for an honest review.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: That synopsis is awfully misleading and spoiler-filled, considering the Earl of Westlake doesn't pass away until the end of act on
Celeste_pewter
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book, but super bummed that Disney decided to only release it in an e-book format. :(
The Reading Evenstar
Dec 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars
I did not want this book to end, that was how good it was.
kit
Apr 25, 2021 rated it liked it
dude why was this actually kind of good... a Strong 2.5 🌟 there will still a whole bunch of flaws, of course, but this was the best of the series and i almost want to round up and give it a full 3 stars....a Redemption Arc.

THE GOOD
➡️ the writing is better! i said this last time, and i'll say it again! it's still chunky in places, and as always there are too many similes (far less!!), but the dialogue was quite strong and most importantly, there were actually Themes and Things To Say. a few lin
Justin Neville
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I raced through this Downton-esque trilogy, one book a day. And will post the same review to cover all three of them.

I needed some light relief after a few heavy literary endeavours that tried way too hard and didn't quite deliver all that they promised. And light relief is what I got - very light.

Yes, the plot developments were completely predictable and - indeed - highly implausible in many respects and characters were far from complex.

But the author kept me turning the pages. She had me hook
Rachel D.
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn’t really like how the story ended for Ada. The other characters all had happy endings, and Ada did too, but I really wanted more for her, mainly because I’m a romantic at heart. Also, this third book seemed rushed. It was like the author had run out of ideas so she ended all of the stories as quickly as she could. It’s still a fun series though for those who are romantics and Downton Abbey fans.
Rachel
Jul 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness....for those that love Downton Abbey and Bridgerton (but cleaner here, this is YA) then you would LOVE this series! I so enjoyed it and blew through this last novel so quickly. The only real negative I have is that I want more and I want to know how their futures have unfolded! This writing was on par with the fabulous Julien Fellowes and I will absolutely look for more of Leila Rasheed's books to read! Although, I still want more of our characters from this series. ...more
Hadley Hill
Sep 30, 2022 rated it really liked it
A strong independent female lead choosing her education and family over romance? LGBTQ+ characters falling in love and being their authentic selves, society be damned? All set during the heightened drama of war? What's not to love?!
There is such a variety of characters and each one has a unique and charming path.
Anna Catharina
Ein sang- und klangloses Ende, ohne Höhepunkte. Lässt mich irgendwie unzufrieden zurück...
Carlotta
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aussortiert
"Sehnsucht nach Somerton Court" ist der letze, und meiner Meinung nach auch schlechteste, Teil der Reihe.

Durch das Setting zur Zeit des ersten Weltkriegs, das sich doch schon von dem der ersten beiden Bücher unterscheidet, hatte ich neue Hoffnung in die Reihe. Und tatsächlich hat das eine interessante Dynamik in die Geschichte gebracht und zum ersten Mal habe ich mich beim Lesen der Reihe in der Zeit zurückversetzt gefühlt. Retten konnte es das Buch trotzdem nicht.

Wie schon in den anderen Büch
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm giving this 4 stars because I enjoyed this series quite a bit (maybe more than I should have). I guess what I'm saying is that this is a pretty perfect version of what it is.

Emeralds & Ashes still has the same Downton Abbey feeling as the previous books, but is well-written and enjoyable. This volume of "At Somerton" depicts the war years (WWI), and yes, the house is turned into a hospital. The subplot I enjoyed the most (out of too many to write about here) was Charlotte's time as a nurse,
selda
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Der letzte Teil der Somerton Court Reihe beginnt mit dem Eintritt Englands in den ersten Weltkrieg. Wenn der Krieg anfangs noch sehr weit weg zu sein scheint und sich junge Männer mutig für den Kriegsdienst melden, dann legt sich der dunkle Schatten, der Verlust und Tod mit sich bringt, im Verlauf des Buches über alle Schichten der Bevölkerung. Der Ton dieses dritten Teils ist sehr anders, als der der Vorgänger, rücken doch Intrigen, Bälle und die Oberflächlichkeiten der gehobenen Gesellschaft i ...more
Lexie
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this last book. It was so nice to see ALL of the characters grow and really come into their own. I think most of us can relate, at least partially, to that moment in life when you have to decide to follow your heart and believe in yourself, even if it means letting down the people you love. I was literally squealing with delight throughout this book, even at work. I couldn't help myself. In the end, everything was tied up and taken care of, I wasn't left with a feeling of want ...more
Juliane
This book has it ups and downs. It was some time ago I read the first two books in the series and I couldn't remember every details - and this book did not help me to remember. So it was a bit like a fresh start. I read several books about the war and it's quite similar in most cases. Those parts were a bit long to read but coming to the end it had again the spirit of the first two books. Exciting and one revelation after the other. That's what I like!
Lindsay Heller
Tracking down this book wasn't easy. I ended up reading it from Hoopla on my phone. That... is not a thing I do. Honestly, it was frustrating as hell, but I was glad to finally finish out this series. It was a silly (yeah, none of that would ever happen) but cute entry into this silly but cute series. Everyone got their true loves and evil was erraticated. In a very Edwardian way, naturally. ...more
nemo the emo ☠️ (pagesandprozac)
Well, this book isn't going to be released in the UK and it's only available in the US as an ebook, so I guess I'm never going to be able to read this. (Unless this changes in the future, but this is how it stands at the moment.) At least now I can make up happy endings for all the characters.

Thanks, publishers. Thanks a lot.
Tia
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Happy I finally purchased the ebook

What a good read. I'm so disappointed I will never have this book on my shelf with the others. After such a longtime in between books I thought if be lost, but I was able to remember the characters and follow along. My only complaint is that I wanted two of my favorite characters to come together in the end and that didn't occur.
Chris
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Downton Abbey meets Game of Thrones? And Rose is practically nonexistent in this book. I feel a little sketchy on the timeline, but overall I like the shift to wartime and the struggles of changing social norms and the impact of technology that happened during WWI.
Chelsey
look it’s been four years but i just reshelved my books ans am SO SALTY about this never getting a hardcopy release. i didn’t think publishing houses could pull something worse than repackaging at book three—an unforgivable sin—but this qualifies.
Jillian
Feb 24, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: favorites, ya-fiction
When does this come out?
Elia
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Total fluff, but totally satisfying fluff. Great series!
Padma
Haley Brackett
Jun 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 17, 2015 10:40AM

• Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
  • After the Ex Games (The Ex Games, #4)
  • Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)
  • Falling for My Boss (One Night Stand #3)
  • Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)
  • January (Calendar Girl, #1)
  • The Last Husband (Forever Love, #2)
  • The Ex Games 2 (The Ex Games, #2)
  • The Last Boyfriend (Forever Love, #1)
  • The Ex Games 3 (The Ex Games, #3)
  • The Ex Games (The Ex Games, #1)
  • The Conspiracy of Us (The Conspiracy of Us, #1)
  • The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, #4)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • The Man in the Black Suit
  • Burn (Breathless, #3)
  • Finding It (Losing It, #3)
  • Rock Hard (Sinners on Tour, #2)
Leila Rasheed has gained an MA in both Children's Literature and Creative Writing. She started work at Reading Is Fundamental, a children's literacy charity, before moving to Belgium. Leila now works as the children's bookseller for Waterstone's in Brussels. ...more

At Somerton (3 books)
  • Cinders & Sapphires (At Somerton, #1)
  • Diamonds & Deceit (At Somerton, #2)