Start by marking “London Bound (Chase Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
London Bound (Chase Brothers, #1)

London Bound

(Chase Brothers #1)

It wasn’t exactly like spunky, photography student, Abbie Nartey ran away from her life…except, that she left under the cover of darkness and put three thousand miles between her and her ex-boyfriend’s betrayal. She went to London searching for her dream. She never expected to find love, or herself.

Heir to his family’s tech fortune, sexy, Alexi Chase, is looking for freed
Published April 1st 2014 (first published March 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about London Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about London Bound

Mspraise50
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was fortunate enough to receive an Advance Reading Copy of this book for an honest review. Previous to receiving the ARC I had never read any stories by this author.

This is Abbie and Alexi’s story.

Alexi is, sexy, good-looking, strong, broody with lots of secrets. He is totally into Abbie and wants to be with her but his secrets threaten to break them up before they have even had a chance to get started.

Abbie is, caring, kind and running from her ex-boyfriend who has been abusive to her in thei
The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
Sigh.

Maybe I'm just not the right readership for the New Adult genre. I just can't stomach pages and pages of unnecessary angst and problems that could easily be solved if the characters actually TALKED to each other. And I realize I've been out of college for a decade but damn, I just don't remember my life being so filled with DRAMA! I remember being around quirky people who led adventurous lives. I don't see any of this reflected in NA. Hell in some books I see the feminist movement thrown ba
Suzanne Hough
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the pleasure of getting an advance reader copy of London Bound, and I stayed up until the wee small hours reading it! This is Alexi and Abbie's story, and in the course of falling in love, they each had to learn to be their best and truest selves.

Abbie was running from her old life as much as she was running toward the gifted photographer she was meant to be. Alexi was afraid to believe anyone would ever understand the choices he had made--choices that had shaped the man he could become.

C
Nana Malone
May 13, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: new-books-out
For information on my newest releases (like the next my Donovans Series, RACE FOR LOVE), you can sign up for my newsletter here. You'll also have the chance to enter exclusive giveaways for my books and others. Thanks!

What would you leave behind to follow a dream? Find out what Abbie left behind now for just $0.99 for a limited time.

Abbie & Lex hold such a special place in my heart! Writing the book transported me to that time in my life when I was just a girl drooling over London boys and f
Livia
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance junkies & audiobook junkies
Recommended to Livia by: Romance in Color
4.5 stars!

This was my first novel by Nana Malone, but it definitely won’t be my last.

Minor spoilers alert!!!

★.•**•★Unabridged Audiobook Info★•**•.★

Narrated by: Kitty Bang and Graham Halstead
Length: 10 hrs and 20 mins
Release Date: 07-28-14
Publisher: Nana Malone
Writing style: Dual POVs
Cover design: I freaking LOVE this cover! Isn’t it sexy? I think so. Bravo!
Ratings breakdown:
Overall: ★★★★ | Graham's performance: ★★★★ | Kitty's performance: ★★★★★ | Story: ★★★★

Audible review title: “I loved all
Adrienh1
Jun 26, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, ir
I usually like a lot of YA but this one just fell a little flat for me. It started off great and I was hooked from the first paragraph then I just lost interest and it was a struggle for me to get through it. Sadly, this was just not my cup of tea.
Kirsty Bicknell
London Bound has left me with a huge book hangover, wondering which book I have on my kindle to compete with Nana Malone's inspiring and absorbing romance.
Abena begins this story abused and oppressed, yet the reader watches her bravely evolve into a capable and independent young woman who leaves behind her family and home to study in a different country. Abbie is someone I could easily imagine befriending; she uses her sassy attitude as a defense mechanism and is passionate, particularly about
Lisa Guzman
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first time listening to an audio book. I was gifted this book and loved it. It was a fantastic read or should I say listen.
Patty
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
**This review was originally posted on my old blog for a blog tour on May 23th, 2014. For the full review please feel free to click here.**

My Thoughts
When I got the chance to take part in the book blitz for London Bound I became extremely intrigued to read about Abby. This was a quick, well written story, but far from being considered a light read. I admit that I had a hard time reading the beginning that involved her abusive ex-boyfriend, but once I managed to put my big girl panties on I reali
Paula  Phillips
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unlike the rest of her over-achieving and perfect lives family, Abbi has always wanted to be more free-spirited and creative and go into Photography at her dream school in London where she can study under the famous Xander Chase - photographer extraordinaire. When her current boyfriend Evan hides her dream school from her and gives her a few more hits, she realises that she has had enough and that it's finally time to do something for her and stand up to him. Abbi does this and soon finds hersel ...more
Meisha Wilson-leonard
I have received an Advanced Copy by the author for an honest review. I have read several of this authors novels and I absolutely love her work. This one does not disappoint me! First off, Nana Malone has a writing style that flows throughout her books to make the story move smoothly. There's no point when you are thinking, wait, I am lost, did I miss a page? The events happen and she is descriptive to the point that you feel like you are experiencing the new things with her characters. Her chara ...more
Marni
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish to thank the author for providing me a complimentary copy of her book in exchange for an honest review.

I wasn’t sure what to expect from this book. The cover really struck me though. What should be the look of passion or love is instead the blank stare of a woman but yet says so much about her personal wellbeing and still gives off emotions. The blurb allures you to the idea that there’s so much more to the story and as I started reading, I was instantly confronted with the ex-boyfriends
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received a review copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

I keep surprising myself with the novels I read this year. To be honest, the synopsis for London Bound at a glance sounds formulaic, but let me assure you the story is anything but! The way in which Abbie's ex-boyfriend betrayed her isn't what you're probably thinking, and that isn't the only surprise in store - this romance is told in a way that's fresh and unique.

Abbie and Alexi have much in common - resp
Romance Novels in Color
I was fortunate enough to receive an Advanced Review Copy (ARC) of this book in exchange for an honest review. Previous to receiving the ARC, I had never read any stories by this author.

This is Abbie and Alexi’s story.

Alexi is, sexy, good-looking, strong, broody with lots of secrets. He is totally into Abbie and wants to be with her, but his secrets threaten to break them up before they have even had a chance to get started.

Abbie is caring, kind and running from her ex-boyfriend who has been abu
Darker Doll
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was fortunate to get the ARC too, and I loved this book.

“London Bound” is a thrilling, emotional rollercoaster, sexy, funny and witty story. I just absolutely loved the story of betrayal, love found and things we do to make it work. It is absolutely fantastic to read, very well written and mature language for such a young couple. “London Bound” is engaging, I always said one more page and before I knew it I had stayed up for an hour, I just wanted to see what was going to happen next. Nana Mal
Joood Hooligan
I was given a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

First of all, I'm not sure how to put into words how I feel about this book. As soon as it ended, and I closed my kindle, I just laid in my bed and had to figure out how to explain this book. I have come to the realization it is much harder to review a book I've really enjoyed.

From the beginning, I was drawn into the story. Having been in an abusive relationship myself, it was awesome to see Abbie stand up for herse
Nekada Settles
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was filled with angst, fun, romance and best of all friendship. I was always rooting for Abbie, at first to get her acceptance letter, then to fight for herself against Evan, then to go to London and make her dream come true, and of course for her and Lex to be together. She was headstrong and didn't let her past with Evan or her parents' treatment of her allow her spirit to be broken. I love the friendship she had with her friends and of course the love she an ...more
Melissa Guillaume
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"London Bound" was a delightful read. I truly enjoyed delving into Abbie and Alexi's "Lex" love story. The chemistry between the characters was clear from the first moment they meant. Their eventual budding romance does not disappoint; I continuously anticipated the next encounter. However, I was a little annoyed when I discovered Lex's "demon." I expected so much more drama since how Lex was harboring the "nightmare" for over a decade. Overall, a great read. I truly felt I was visiting London f ...more
Tina Young
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Because I'm a part if Nana Malone's amazing Street Team, I was given the privilege to read an ARC copy of "London Bound" and all I can say is, "Awwwwww, to be London Bound like Abbie, lol". I thoroughly enjoyed this book from start to finish. It was very well written and pages just oozed with chemistry for all if the characters, but especially Abbie and Lex. I am a huge fan of Nana Malone and her writing style, and she does not disappoint with this amazing book that is a must read for anyone who ...more
AD
Jun 25, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: interrracial
London Bound is a good book but not the best novel by Nana Malone. I will say that I absolutely loved Jasper and found myself looking forward to his parts the most (he needs his own book, ASAP!). If there had been more sexual tension between Xavier and Abbie that would've helped and maybe if we didn't know the situation between Gemma and Lex right off the bat it would've really propelled the story and could've served as a big reveal. But like I said it was a good book, I just enjoyed Game, Set, ...more
Debbie
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I appreciated getting an ARC (Advanced Review Copy) from the author for an honest review.

The hero is an Englishman who is enchanted by the realness of the American woman he meets in London.
He doesn't really encounter that in his daily life with other girls so he is drawn to the heroine and it becomes a lovely love story.
He has secrets that cause problems in the relationship and she has family issues and a jackass of an ex-boyfriend, but I loved
their interaction and the way they enjoyed each o
Rita
The book was good, though lacking in a few areas. I wish I could have felt the love between the two main characters, but I didn't. I feel like there should have been a trip from Evan. I feel like there should have been some closure between her and her parents. I would have enjoyed Xander and Abbie getting involved just a tiny bit. I felt chemistry between them more so, than Lex and Abbie. If there is another book, I will check it out.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is the first book I've read by this author but it won't be the last. I found this to be a great read.

This is Abbie and Alexis story. Abbie moves from America to London. Here she meets Alexis. I loved the chemistry between these two. The author keeps you on your toes in this story wondering what's going to happen next.

Great read with a good storyline that kept my attention.
Patricia Gunn
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It is well written and the characters are strong and dynamic.You could just feel the chemistry between Abbie and Alexi.I could not put it down.
If you are a fan of contemporary adult romance,then this is the book for you.Once again Nana Malone does a wonderful job bringing you into the world of her character's.You won't be disappointed.
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
Spot on - Nana has really grown as a writer since Game, Set, Match - which was promising and well written, but London Bound was excellent. The English slang wasn't shoehorned it - it rang true and I loved every word. Sexy as hell and a great heroine. Cannot wait for book two. Any chance of an arc????
Review is on http://iloveromanticfiction.com/2014/...
Sarah Toussaint
I warmed up to this book too late. When it started to pace up, I was already bored with the story. The two main characters' chemistry was okay, but not sizzling. And there were too many drawn out conversations with friends that I didn't care about.

All in all. I did enjoy a bit of it.
Kim
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The London backdrop made it even the more better. Abby and Alexis were a great match. I didn't know if the would mesh well together but somehow it worked. They had great chemistry and Their love story was intriguing.
Joshirl
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story felt so real, like it could be about someone you know. I enjoyed the fact that Abbie, had the courage to leave a situation and move to another country to follw her dream. Am amazing story...I have to visit London, it's on my bucket list. I RECOMMEND this book, its good.
Adrienh1
Jul 28, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't even.... The heroine was just weak and annoying.
The Charmer: Lets Talk About Books
This book started out good but then half way through it, I got bored. I liked the story, though. I don't know what happened.
  • Romancing Trina Gabrini (Romancing the Mob Boss #4)
  • A Heart Not Easily Broken (The Butterfly Memoirs, #1)
  • Reye's Gold
  • The World in Reverse
  • Her Venice Affair (The Albury Affairs, #1)
  • Not Enough
  • The White Billionaire Complete Set (The White Billionaire #1-4)
  • Abandoned but not Alone (Kingdom #1)
  • Lennon's Jinx (Lennon's Girls, #1)
  • Reconstructing Jada Channing
  • RecruitZ (Afterworld, #1)
  • Stim
  • Miscegenist Sabishii
  • Kiss of Fire (St. James Family #2)
  • One Broke Girl (Edgewood Falls, #1)
Nana's love of all things romance and adventure started with a tattered romantic suspense she borrowed from her cousin. It was a sultry summer afternoon in Ghana, and Nana was a precocious thirteen. She's been in love with kick butt heroines ever since. With her overactive imagination, and channeling her inner Buffy, it was only a matter a time before she started creating her own characters.

Waitin

Chase Brothers (2 books)
  • London Calling  (Chase Brothers, #2)
“Her tongue peeked out to moisten her lips, and all he could do was stare.
She gave him a nervous smile. "What are you smiling at?"
Lex nodded absently. "You. Your mouth, specifically."
She rolled them inward. "Uhm, why."
"I'm trying to talk myself out of kissing you."
Abbie shifted away an inch to look at him more fully. "Why?"
"Because I'm probably not the kind of guy you should get involved with.”
0 likes
“Abbie tried to meet his gaze but she couldn’t. Her eyes focused on his thick erection. She swallowed hard. “Sweetheart, my eyes. They’re up here.” Flushing, she dragged her gaze up to meet his.” 0 likes