Start by marking “The Isle (The Ward, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Isle (The Ward, #2)

The Isle

(The Ward #2)

The heart-racing and thrilling sequel to The Ward about a teenage female drag racer who will do anything to save her sisterand a flooded futuristic Manhattan.

Drought season is coming....

The Ward is in troubleits streets filled with seawater after a devastating flood and its impoverished inhabitants suffering from a deadly disease called the Blight.

Ren, with the help of her
Published January 19th 2016 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about The Isle, please sign up.
Jennifer All I've been able to find on the release date is that it will be sometime in 2015!

Start your review of The Isle (The Ward, #2)
Sarah Elizabeth

Tie them up,

This was an okay sequel, but I didnt enjoy it as much as the first book in the series.

Ren had a new crusade in this book finding Aven, and it wasnt quite as thrilling as the race to find the spring in book 1. Ren did stay strong though, and continued to look for answers to impossible problems, even when the answers cost her everything.

The storyline in this
Venessa Tan
Apr 09, 2014 marked it as to-read
OKAY SERIOUSLY.
It feels like it's been at least a year and a half since I read this book - to be honest, I think it has been a year and a half. Yet, there's been nothing but a promise for a second book!

Where is the cover? Where is the blurb? WHERE IS THE BOOK!?

I want it and I want it now!
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, young-adult

The Isle
It feels like forever since the first book came out, but imagine my joy when I finally saw the announcement of the sequel that it felt like I have been waiting for forever for. I almost wished I re-read the first book to brush up on what it left off because The Isle starts shortly after the events of the first and when it takes off, it really takes off.

I found the second book of the series to be pretty faced paced, because before I knew it, I have devoured it in no time. It sets the tone from

Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
I'd like to thank Harper Teen for providing me with an early copy of this book to read and give an honest review. Receiving this book for free has in no way altered my opinion or review.

When I received the first book in this series to read and review, I will say I was totally intrigued. Being from NYC, a book that takes place there is always of interest to me. Add in a dystopian world and a bit of sci-fi/paranormal element and I'm hooked! So given the chance to read the next book up, I jumped at
Shelley
*Source* Publisher via Edelweiss
*Genre* Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopian
*Rating* 3.5-4

*My Thoughts*

Set in a futuristic New York City where a catastrophic flood has washed out Manhattan, The Isle is the action packed, suspenseful sequel to 2013's The Ward. The Isle actually alternatives narratives between two characters this time around. 16-year old Renata (Ren) Dane, a former drag racer known as the Red Rider, and her 14-year old adopted sister Aventine (Aven) Colatura. The last time we
Erin Arkin
The Isle by Jordana Frankel is book two in The Ward series and I was definitely looking forward to this book. Admittedly, it had been quite a while since I read book one so jumping right into this book, I was a bit lost as to where book one left off and where we were picking back up.

Ren, with Derek and Callum, had discovered a cure for the Blight and when her sister, Aven is kidnapped, Ren must save her. This book took a bit for me to get back into but once things got moving, I found myself
Stacy
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
I have been looking forward to THE ISLE since 2013 and I am happy to say that I enjoyed it as much as I was hoping to. The book had a nice fast pace, lots of evading danger and we got to know the characters better. I did miss the romance in THE ISLE, it was pretty much put on the back burner.

The ending made me think that the story isn't over. I hope book three will be out quicker than the time it took for book two to be released.

* This book was provided free of charge from Publisher in exchange
Richa
Mar 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Originally posted on City of Books

I'd been waiting so so long to read this book - The Ward was among the first ARCs I received after I started this blog. And now I finally got to read its sequel! This is a duology as far as I know, so The Isle has a clear ending with most plotlines wrapped up.

The Isle is told in two POVs - Ren's and Aven's. At first I was excited about this, because I liked Aven in The Ward. Sadly, I didn't like her much in this book, I'm not quite sure why. Maybe it was her
Amanda
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Katlynmae Chatfield
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
And the excitement continues!! I love how this book gets right to the point and it doesn't drag on. In the beginning Ren sets off right away to rescue Aven. Lots of crazy things happen after Aven is rescued. They argue about how they are going to rescue the rest of the prisoners and then they end up getting separated. I was really excited that we got to find out who Ren's parents are. I was not expecting that one!! I was starting to get worried though, the closer it got to the end... I did not ...more
Jeanne Boyarsky
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Shim
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: rec_sci_fi
impressed that this was kept a 2-book series instead of a trilogy. which it could be, but I like this ending
Nicole Castiblanco
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved, enjoyed this book. At first I thought there wasnt a lot of action until Miss Nale told Ren the secret thats been kept from her all her life and thats when I was truly hooked. ...more
kareulla
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series-i-luv
I liked this better than the first book! So thrilling <3 And am I the only one who shipped Ren and Callum? UGHHHHHH T_T
Yuliza Z
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, mystery, action
it wasn't as good as the first one is all i gotta say
CJ
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
very good
Malissa
The Isle picks up right where book one, The Ward left off. The cast of characters, Ren, Callum, Dererk discovered a natural spring (with some very special properties) and saved Aven from the Blight only to have her stolen away from them by the nefarious Governor Voss, who is determined to push Aven into every scientific experiment he can think of to discover just how far this new cure will go...how much it will cure. The race is now on for Ren and the 'crew' to not only save Aven but to stop ...more
Emily
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Originally seen on
Emily Reads Everything

This book picks up right where The Ward ends. Its not a stand alone novel. When I first picked it up, I knew I was missing something. Luckily The Ward was easily available so I was able to grab that up and read it first. This book was so engrossing. It was such a fun and easy read. Even though I suddenly had two books to read, it wasnt a chore at all.

In the world of the Isle, water is a commodity. It is in such short supply that it has become a currency.
Shoshanah
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to finally be able to read the sequel to The Ward. Granted these books are written by my good friend, but even if that was the case it would still be true, especially knowing the cliffhanger the first ended with.

This book has a bit of a different feel than the first. First there's the obvious, since instead of just being told from Ren's point of view it alternates between Ren and Aven. But it's more than that. I think a lot of it is there's more action. Yes, the first had its
Ricky
The first book in this series came out...three years ago, I think? And for a long time, Goodreads had an entry up for this sequel, but it remained mostly empty because The Isle was just such a long time coming.

Come it did, though. And while it's been long enough that I've managed to forget huge chunks of The Ward, I also managed to remember a lot of stuff all over again while reading this book. I like how this one largely does away with the racing angle from The Ward - not that that was a bad
Joey De La Torre
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A buried treasure in the ocean of YA Dystopian novels.

What I liked:
Way better than I was expecting after the first book. Much more fast-paced and action-packed than your typical YA book.

Kid napping, chase scenes, fight scenes, prison breaks (sort-of), viral epidemics, human experimentation, conspiracy, self-sacrifice. There's a lot happening here, and it never lets up.

What I didn't like:
Wasn't a fan of the twist halfway through, as it pretty much came out of nowhere, wasn't foreshadowed or
Christine
Apr 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I had read the The Ward some time ago and decided that I needed to re-read it before reading this sequel. I remember really liking The Ward when I read it the first time. I thought it was fresh and original. The second time, I didn't like it so much. I grew sick of Ren pretty quick.

I guess it's no surprise that the The Isle didn't really do anything for me either. I loved the story setting and I continued to enjoy the relationship between Ren and Aven. The rest of the relationships fell
Sep 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little sad that I came in via the second book in the series but here it goes..
Recieved A Free Copy From A Giveaway (Goodreads)
I liked this, I really did. I liked the action, and the pure sense of adventure. It was nothing short of exhausting. Find the cure for the sick and the poor...aint that the American dream? If we all sit and really think about it. But, the race is on as two sisters face off against hell with the world against them. Or at least, that is how I saw it. Having a lot of
Spencer
2019

I did like this one more than the first. For the most part I felt like the author explained things in this one better than the previous story. And I had fewer issues with technical aspects of the story.

The only part I really truly had an issue with was Ren's blood and the fountain of youth water needing to be mixed. And it being the exact amount in her body. That seemed like a hell of a coincidence to me, but....

Otherwise I didn't have an issues and I did enjoy the story and the
Sara
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
A compelling near-future dystopia with a hint of the supernatural makes this a unique and exciting read. It had been a while since the first installment, but Frankel gets the reader up to speed quickly while keeping plenty of action and suspense in the mix. I liked that we got further outside of the Ward and examined what was happening elsewhere; the plotlines were gripping and the resolution fantastic. Highly recommended.
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: harpercollins
The Isle by Jordana Frankel
The Ward, #2
Katherine Tegen Books
On Sale: January 19, 2016
Rating: 4 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher for sending me a copy in advance for an honest review.

REVIEW TO COME
T. Jackson
Not what I expected. Fantastic Story.
Loved the characters.
Kept me turning through the pages to see what happened next.
Intense. I was wanting more the second I started reading.

Pam (YA Escape)
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Really disappointed in this one.
Barrie
Oct 22, 2015 rated it liked it
a generous 3.....more like 2.5
Sarah Legrande
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was exactly what I was hoping for! Unlike many other series, this book was just as good as the first and held my attention to the very end. Keep up the good work Frankel!

• A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1)
  • Devolution: A Firsthand Account of the Rainier Sasquatch Massacre
  • Anna K: A Love Story (Anna K, #1)
  • Serafina and the Twisted Staff (Serafina, #2)
  • Serafina and the Seven Stars (Serafina #4)
  • Serafina and the Splintered Heart (Serafina, #3)
  • Serafina Boxed Set #1-3 (Serafina #1-3)
  • Forget Me Not
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
  • Who Wants to Marry a Duke (Duke Dynasty #3)
  • The Bishop's Riddle (Anglo-Norman Mysteries Book 3)
  • Serafina and the Black Cloak (Serafina, #1)
  • Breaking Silence (SERRAted Edge #10)
  • Vanguard (Razorland, #4)
  • The Glass Road (Second City #2)
  • The Night Road (Second City #1)
  • The Pirate
  • Spy, Spy Again (Valdemar: Family Spies, #3)
Jordana Frankel is a Jersey native.

She's been a camp counselor, a salesperson of diamonds, a hostess at a southwestern grill, an archivist of rare books, a yoga instructor, and a reading teacher, but her shining moment was when she got to hang out in Walmart for 12 hours a day as the AXE girl.

She received her B.A. in English from Goucher College, graduated and then went to live in Italy for a

The Ward (2 books)
  • The Ward (The Ward, #1)