Start by marking “He Can Fall (She Can... #4.5)” as Want to Read:
He Can Fall (She Can... #4.5)

He Can Fall

(She Can... #4.5)

When security expert Sean Wilson takes his wife, Amanda, along on a business trip to an isolated bed and breakfast, he’s hoping to combine work and pleasure. But when four armed men storm the inn and take the staff and his wife hostage, the romantic getaway is over. A former army Ranger, Sean will do anything to save his wife, and when he finds the seven-year-old granddaug ...more
Published April 23rd 2014 by StoryFront (first published March 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about He Can Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He Can Fall

Cyndi
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This was good, but really short!
✿Nancy✿
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novella :D
Twobchelm
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A relaxing weekend away turns quickly in to a suspense filled thriller, a short read but an exciting one.
Don Lazarus
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another suspenseful Melinda Leigh story!!

Melinda Leigh did a great job of keeping my interest in this story.

She developed her characters well and did a great job tying the ends of this Short Story together!!!
Jessica
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Wow, this was really short!!! It was good but nothing special. I guess it was just different from everything I usually read. Almost like a short story compiled alongside a list of other suspense short stories as one book kind of thing. I didn't care for Sean much in the previous books because he just seemed too disrespectful to his wife even though he claimed he was happily married. I don't know I guess he was just too different from the guys I'm used to reading about in romance. It's normal I s ...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sean and his wife Amanda take off on a weekend business trip that has an added bonus of weekend getaway. They are both looking forward to a mini vacation without the kids to indulge in some decadent romance. What they get is criminals running from the authorities, a strung out druggie reeking of pure maliciousness, and a small child who is scared and alone in the woods.
In true Melinda Leigh fashion once He Can Fall begins the pace is fast and the suspense stays high. Former Army Ranger Sean Wil
Kimberly Perry
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW – He Can Fall by Melinda Leigh

Whew! This was edge-of-your-seat action from start to finish! Danger, suspense and love combine for a fast-paced enjoyable read.

He Can Fall lives up to the usual Melinda Leigh standards and is a thrilling story of how quickly an unforeseen event can uproot our lives. Characters Amanda and Sean demonstrate strength, resourcefulness and love as the story unfolds.

Although this was a short story, the book was filled with depth and layers of intrigue that make you
Michelle
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When Sean agrees to do a security consult on a remote inn for a friend prior to it opening it's doors to the public, he thinks the highlight of the weekend will be some quality alone time with his wife, at no point did he think he'd have to put his Ranger skills to the test in order to save everyone from a group of armed robbers who think the inn is the perfect place to hide.

For such a short story, so much happens. It is action packed from beginning to end and Melinda does not disappoint! This
Alima Livzletlivz
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fifty nine pages of evil, action and a thrill ride!!! Who would imagine a business/pleasure trip would turn into a nightmare? A short story involving Sean and Amanda Wilson, giving us an insight as to how life can be unpredictable and threatening. As much as it was a horrific experience, Amanda stayed strong and Sean kept his wits to save everyone from four armed men. The whole story was a fast and even paced narration to a great end. Even being a short story, the chemistry and trust between Ama ...more
Cindy ~
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
What an adrenaline rush all packed into a short suspenseful story. All the characters were fascinating even the bad guys. It was also very noticeable that the author incorporated her real life training in Kenpo techniques into this book which for one made me never want to take her on in real life and and loving the creative way the hero took out the bad guys.

Even though this was a fairly quick read it was jammed packed with action and suspense from the beginning and had a very satisfying ending
Tameka
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Although this was a shorter read and read out of sequence, I enjoy every bit of it. I understand how every man is possessive and protective of their wife. Shawn is no exception to the rule. I could visually see smoke billowing out of his head when he saw that ID10T cut his wife.
Ian Mcnamara
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book, although I did not enjoy it as much as the others It still deserved a five star as it was suspensefull and exciting. It was a little more obvious what was going to happen however. Really good series so far looking forward to book 5
Marian Sykes
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just gets better

These books just keep getting better and better. Okay, this is really just a novella but it is a great story with great characters.
Heather Martin
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He Can Fall

My only complaint is I wished this was longer! I loved Sean and Amanda, and this story. They both were both amazing!
Dee
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Two-haiku review:

Romantic weekend
Turns into scary story
Criminals threaten

Well done short story
Characters to love... and hate
And sweet little girl
Lise
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
great fast paced short story
Tamara
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great Short Thriller for Series

Thank you Melinda for giving us a insight into Sean and his wife in this very short thriller that wasn’t in Westbury. The fact that their love and understanding of each other helped each of them through the crisis was amazingly written with actions more than straight out words.

Love her series and look forward to reading final in the See Can series this weekend. If you looking for something to read on a quick hour flight or while waiting somewhere and hour this is
Sonia Cristina
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Acordei às 3.30h da noite e, para evitar que os pensamentos deambulem por onde não devem a essas horas inglórias, terminei esta short-story. Ao contrário da anterior que li, de outra autora, esta valeu a pena. Gostei muito do casal Sean e Amanda e da forma querida como interagem. O enredo do assalto teve pormenores que não me pareceram convincentes, mas pronto, serviu para entreter.
Justine Peroni
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very fast and easy read!

Having read the previous books in the series I realised I should read read this short novel, and am not disappointed!! A fast paced short story about being in the wrong place but at least having the skills to taken down the bad people! Enough said really! If you have read the previous books you will most likely enjoy this one!
Polly J. Van Benthusen
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really like this family.

This was a fast paced and quick read. No lurking bad guy. You knew right up front who the bad guys were. They were evil personified. But then there was one little twist. Never disappointed by this author. On to the next.
theresa coleman
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Love this author. I was so tired but her books just won't let me put it down. Glad I'm not work i my tonight so I can read another of her books in this series. You rook! So f pda doezslk
Barbara Cuyler
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this main character in the first two books in this series. I would have liked to have read a full-length novel about him and his family. However, the story was filled with action and kept my attention throughout.
Michele Adams
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I feel there could have been so much more to the story like her other books but I have to say for a short you are not disappointed. But this character needs more justice since he is always helping everyone in other books.
Mary Alice Frazier
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
He was allowed a curious conscious for a fleeting moment as only Leigh acknowledges

Getaway vacation turned into a test of faith and an acceptance of training used at its best gives this quick read a treasure.
Terry Trahan
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quick thrilling read

Very quick action packed read. Took me about 30 minutes to read, but none the less for the plot line. The author was able to keep my attention and increase my heart rate as I read. Mother great read for on Mrs. Leigh.
Debbie Williams
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short but a great read!

I don’t always care for short stories since they rarely get much information into them about the characters but this one was really good. Enough information for all of the characters with a great, even plausible storyline. Highly recommend it.
Rose
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Favorite

My Favorite in this series.
They are all Great reads, but this one took me less time to read. It was thrilling, intense throughout whole book 😊.
Definitely will suggest this Author to all my friends!!
Breeda
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not gory, but gripping.

Great little read with the grip of Melissa's longer stories and a good story line with a twist.
Really good of you haven't got the time or inclination to get into a long story, but need to read. Not gory, but gripping.
Mindy
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Melinda Leigh is a fantastic author. I have read most of her books and she does not disappoint! Love all her series!
Mona2018
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nice short story

It was a great story about Sean and his family, highlighting Sean and Amanda's lovr for eachother. Loved it!
Great read.
  • Burn For Me (Secrets & Shadows, #0.5)
  • Under His Protection (Red Stone Security, #9)
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Wild Need (Chiasson, #3)
  • Rewarded (Torn Between Two Lovers #3)
  • Worth the Risk (Miami Scorcher #2)
  • Mine to Have (Mine, #5)
  • Sinful Deception (Covert Affairs, #1.3)
  • Withholding Evidence (Evidence, #3)
  • Edge of the Season (Edge Security #3.5)
Wall Street Journal bestselling author Melinda Leigh is a fully recovered banker. A life-long lover of books, she started writing as a way to preserve her sanity while raising her kids. Over the next few years, she learned a few things about writing a book. The process was much more fun than analyzing financial statements, and she decided to turn her hobby into a career. Melinda’s debut novel, SHE ...more

She Can... (5 books)
  • She Can Run (She Can... #1)
  • She Can Tell (She Can... #2)
  • She Can Scream (She Can... #3)
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)