Start by marking “Garden of Ashes” as Want to Read:
Garden of Ashes

Garden of Ashes

(The Legend of Eden #2)

After four years as a prisoner in her parents' attic, hidden away from the Catchers, Eden never dreamt the very people she was hiding from would be the beginning of such impossible things. She's found freedom on the island like she never imagined.

Eden is a sorcerer, with the power of the world in her fingertips. She is determined to never be helpless like she once was, a
Published April 2014 by Anchor Group

To ask other readers questions about Garden of Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Garden of Ashes

Start your review of Garden of Ashes
Amanda Shelley-Masters
Amazing Second Half of the Story! Kate Cowan started of the story with a gritty realism and lands us in never never land minus the fairy's, mermaids and pirates, instead we have crazy scientists, magic, and and Island that wants to devour them all!

The story takes quite a twist in this one where no one can turn there backs as they are never sure who is going to stab them in the back. We meet some new and interesting characters in this one as well. Tom and Adriane who have both been there the long
Berls
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review originally appeared on Fantasy is More Fun.

I received this book for free from IFB Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

My Initial Reaction...
Garden of Ashes is, much like Garden of Eden very mystifying and a bit confusing. The included novella about Adrienne was excellent and gave me a lot of missing links to this world.

Note:There are some series spoilers in this review.
The Characters...
I really r
Kathy (My Nook Books and More)
Aug 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
I am having mixed feelings about this book. Garden of Ashes is the second book in the Legend of Eden series. So you really need to read the first book to understand what is going on.

What did I like about this book?

I still really like the heroine, Eden. This book picks up where we left off in Garden of Eden. Eden is still adjusting to life on the mysterious island and is learning how to control her new power. Eden is also building her friendships with Will, Tom, Adriane and Dana. It was good to s
Stephanie Ward
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
'Garden of Ashes' is the second book in a young adult fantasy novel that continues to follow our heroine - Eden - as she learns how to harness her magic. On top of that, Eden and her friends are determined to uncover all of the Council's secrets and to finally figure out what's really happening. Things are going seemingly well until Eden loses control of her magic for just a split second - and the consequences are devastating. With no other alternatives, Eden and her friends must do something th ...more
Samantha
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Itching for Books and the author Kate Cowan for review!

This book was so good! In this we find out Eden is special and it can’t be known that she is on the Island by The Council. She starts to become more powerful and spawn creatures of her own; that aren’t so friendly. We also find out more about the hybrid creatures which are in the thousands. Eden and her friends all start to find out more information about The Councils intentions for the Children and the Hybrids. Al
John
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
***Disclaimer: I was provided a free copy in exchange for a review.***

This book is best described as bridging the gap to the next novel. Eden's powers develop- in ways that even surprise her- and she discovers more about what the Council is up to in their labs. There's also a deadly secret about the island that leads to a tragedy and forces Eden and her friends to attempt something never done before- escape the island.

The first thing you'll notice about the book is that it's short- the last qua
Kimber Wheaton
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

3.5 Stars for Garden of Ashes
4 Stars for Seventh Island: A Garden of Eden novella

Garden of Ashes is the second book in The Legend of Eden series. It picks up right where book 1 left off with Eden/Katrina on the island. You will definitely want to read Garden of Eden first. There is also a very short novella at the end that I quite enjoyed.

This is a fast-paced read with non-stop action and answers, along with new mysteries. I c
a_tiffyfit
Received an ARC as part of a tour. Review to come.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book as a part of this tour in exchange for an honest review.

Much like book one, Garden of Eden, this book is very fast paced, with plenty of interaction between Eden and her fellow prisoners. Eden is learning to manipulate her magic while she and her friends uncover more of the Council's, and the island's, secrets.

I'm enjoying the characters and the pace of these books, however I'm also frustrated as there a
Louisa
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book, loved being in this world again! So good! Really enjoyed it!
Kate Cowan
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Genevie Acebedo
Sanchit Bhandari
Mar 13, 2014
Angelique Ojeda
Mar 18, 2014
Kate is an artist, an animation student, a black belt in karate and now, an author. She didn't discover writing until mid-high school, when she began writing an (unintentionally) hilarious novel involving a teenage girl and a magic necklace. Her current novel series, The Legend of Eden, began as a story of Arthurian magic, but quickly transformed into something much different.

Kate currently lives

The Legend of Eden (2 books)
  • Garden of Eden