Start by marking “Ember (Siren #1)” as Want to Read:
Ember (Siren #1)

Ember

(Siren #1)

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  336 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
When humans and the Mer cohabited in peace a millennia ago the races were perfectly balanced. As time passed, the differences in their physicality causing a chasm they couldn't breach and the Mer removed themselves into the sea and allowed humans to rule the land.

When the maidens of the Mer grow scarce, an elite warrior force is put into place to scout for the rare females
98 pages
Published November 26th 2012 (first published November 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ember

Marissa
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god. Oh. My. God. It's a good thing I was home alone when I read this because I squealing with excitement. And laughing out loud at Con's insults. This debut of the Siren Breeders was everything I expected it to be a whole helluva lot more!

Even without the actual breeding aspect going on, with the exception of a really hot tongue lashing, it was still really good so that answers a few questions. Namely do I like these books for the kinky scenes, or do I only like these books because inter
Rōnin
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EMBER

by Marata Eros

Ms. Eros had me at the first word— “Constantine...”

This book is an introduction to a new series about new species, new alliances and new beginnings. The absolute best thing about this book, for me, is confirmation regarding a “beloved bad boy’s” condition and situation from another series.

The book description provides a more than adequate synopsis of what one should expect while reading this novel, so I will only provide my humble thoughts and opinions...

EMBER introduces the
Ange
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing start to what promises to be another awesome series by Ms.Eros.
Ember is gripping and takes us into the intriguing world of the Mer with a little taste of the dark world of the Demons!
We meet Ember, the maiden Princess of the Mer; Ruby, an exotic dancer on the run; Brandon, a vampire Druid, the son of the beloved Druid breeder & full blooded vampire Druid- Aubree & Beau; Brolach, a very sexy demon; and we find out what has become of Constantine; a hated & beloved char
Crystal
Genre: Dark Erotica

What is this book about?

In the original Druid Breeders series you are left with Con’s demise in the hands of the Mer. The author hit rewinding and we are back Con and the Mer. Ember begins with a test of Cons loyalty to the Mer Prince and Princess. Since Con is a mixed breed his heritage made for an excellent warrior but his mixed blood warred with each other to gain dominance over his actions which maid Con unpredictable. The Mer are in search of their maidens so that they ca
LouiseMarie
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book got a 4* like most of the others in this twisty series but for totally different reasons. To me this book felt a lot like a filler for things to come and an introduction. Whilst I enjoyed the action and naughty sex in the book I wanted more!! it was definitely on the tame side compared to previous books and I wanted more more more! Having said that I felt like I really got to know Constantine better, as well as Ember and am a million percent intrigued into the story of Brolach and Ruby ...more
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ember kept the heat going just like in the Druid Breeders series. Some of the characters from the Druid series get to continue forward in Ember. There are a few stories within the story and I can't wait to see how the all turn out. Just like in the Druid series I am now counting down the days until the next book is out.
Bunnycore
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
In a world where there are Mer people, Demons, Vampires and well a dying race.

Okay that sounded so bad in my head.

Ember it's the first in the siren series. It is about Constantine, A vampire a.k.a Druid, Demon, Mer mix. He is a mongrel in this reality. So here is really what I think. I really enjoyed this book. It is a Dark Paranormal Romance. I am going to say this tho. If talk about rape, almost rape, and close calls to rape is a big no no for you then I really wouldn't read this book.

For m
Dawn Yacovetta
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Constantine, a combination of Druid, Faction, and Exotic, made him something of an enigma. Never excepted by any of the divisions, he was abused because of his differences.

Ember a beautiful Mermaid who thought Constantine repulsive but finds herself becoming guarded by him. Being Faction, he doesn’t wish to be her guard, doesn’t want to be ruled by her. Yet, as he becomes more Mer than he’s realized he was, he finds himself drawn to her.

Ember’s beautiful Siren’s call has control and her blood, m
Erica
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW why did I wait so long to get back into this series!!!!

I LOVE Marata Eros her descriptive prose and humorous wit, amazing storyline and sexy and original characters are to be admired and bragged about.

Constantine is back!!!!

What I like about Constantine is the his intensity of his emotions and character. He doesn't know who or what he is exactly and he can only reactively follow his inbred instincts. I love finding out new blood species running in his veins. Con is the type of character you
Clara Harding
A run along Novel to The Druid Series, this first novel in the series is a great catch of your interest. Not all first novels are able to weave a magic spell around you, really pulling you into the deepest parts of the plot, the characters and allowing all of the scenery come to life around you. The sex scenes are less "violating" than those in The Druid series which is a welcomed relief which allowed me to relax more and take more of the story in. The only negative I can say is that by the end ...more
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to give this book four stars. I love the story but it just jumps all around, from one person to the next without making it clear who it is that is doing the narrating/speaking. at one point in the end one of the mer is helping in a battle and he wasn't even suppose to be there. at least I don't remember him being with the group that ran. last I remember he was with the other mer that were knocked out by ember's song. this is a prime example of how this story runs. I had to consta ...more
Sassy

This book showed so much promise, but .... the punctuation was so, so, so bad that it was extremely distracting. I was unable to concentrate fully on the story due to this distraction, and it took away from the enjoyment. Perhaps a good editor and more attention by the author would help to rectify this major problem for future books.

I really did see great promise in the story-line and found it exciting and would love to read more in this series should this problem be rectified in future issues.
Michelle Patrick
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a branch off from the main series. I advise reading the previous books before reading this one.

Ember continues w/ Constantine's story while exploring the Mers' culture & story. We first learn about the Mer in the wrap up of the main series (Thresher).

Each new book connects solidly to prior books in the series. The action is always suspenseful & this one sets up well for Exotic.
Edwina Callan
Apr 30, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, 2014
This book had so much promise but the over-load of characters had me flipping back so many times trying to figure out who was who that it quickly became annoying.
Guess I shouldn't have picked this book as a first read by this Author but since it is supposed to be book 1 of a series I thought it would be ok.
Nope, reading this felt like I was thrown in at the middle of a story instead of starting at the beginning and just left me feeling very confused.
Susan Commeford
It was okay with too many references to previous books. This is supposed to be book 1 yet it is obviously a continuation of her previous breeders stories. In addition, there are too many characters having their storyline...all in a mere 9 chapters. I HATE short stories that don't really tell a tale and leave you hanging. I recommend you wait until you can get all of it together...the story is too disjointed to merit a serial read.
Angie Peoples
Mar 08, 2014 rated it liked it
This book is very unique and mixes many paranormal characters and Irish type characters together. It is a very graphic book; therefore, not intended for children under the age of 18. The plot is hard to follow and/or grasp in places and the characters were not fully developed. Maybe the next book in the series will offer more clarity.
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Constantine "Con" considered useless because he's so much more than a hybrid. When Con passes Desmond's test becoming Ember's bodyguard. He hopes that he doesn't get bored with this assignment. Ember is Maiden of Mer untouched with powers that can't be denied. Ember is the only one that can sense Maiden's. Will Ember find any more Maiden's? Can Con deny his desires? Find out in Ember.
Nola Arganbright
Although I believe the book had an interesting storyline as part of a series, it was more violent than I was comfortable with. The characters are well defined and have strong personalities. I felt the book was more choppy than flowing. I would recommend it to those who are comfortable with the violence and enjoy the Paranormal genre. An adult book.
Mei
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Ummm...what just happened?! This was too paranormal-freaky for me to grasp. Didn't like any of the characters...don't really know what the hell this story was suppose to be about either! Vampires, Druids and demons...oh my---NOT!!! Monsters more like it. Definitely monstrous behavior.
Season Meyers
This series has potential, however, the writing style was just too choppy for me. There was very little back story so I felt like fell into the middle of the book right from the very first page. Made for a frustrating read...
Vicki
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Come and join the pary

Another hit by this author and I'm drawn into another of her series that tantalizes and entrances me enough to search for the next book that unlocks the mysteries to come.
Kiezha
Jun 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would have been happier with more background on the various groups involved in the novella...I had trouble keeping it straight in the beginning. But MA's never failed to bring the heat, and this is no exception...
Kim Jackson
Wow. What an imagination. Mixed breed vampire-mermaids, demon-mermaids....Makes for an interesting twist to paranormal. No spoilers here but definitely an interesting read.
Isanklyne Tongson
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sorry, I tried to finish the book.. I really did... But it just doesn't work for me... I still had to give 5 stars tho, A for EFFORT, I guess EFFORT on my end at least.
Nikita Isaac
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great start to the series.
Gem
DNF
Jacquelyn Smith
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: demons, mer, vampires
It is hard to believe, but Ms Eros's books just keep getting better with every series !!!
I can't wait to read the rest of this series
Brenda
Mar 27, 2015
Diane
Mar 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Summon Kassern (Archangels Creed, #1)
  • WereSlave (Were Legends, #1)
  • Decision Maker (Anniversary of the Veil, Book 2)
  • On Edge (Decorah Security, #0.5)
  • Under His Roof (Under His Roof #1)
  • The Awakening (Rebirth Trilogy, #1)
  • The First Alpha
  • Blood Bound
  • Midnight Sex Shop
  • Passion (School of Sex, #1)
  • Beginning of an Eclipse (Sin City Heat, #2.5)
  • Forever & The Power of One: The Forever Series, Book 1 & 2
  • Heart of the Dove (Dragon Chalice, #3)
  • Untamed Magick (Pentacles of Magick, #1)
  • The Dare (The Chronicles of Katrina, #1)
  • Submission Therapy (Consummate Therapy, #1)
  • The Sunset Warrior
  • Bound Angel
NEW RELEASE ALERT: bit.ly/MarataNEWS

Marata Eros is the author of over ninety-five titles, including her NEW YORK TIMES bestselling novel, A TERRIBLE LOVE, and the #1 international bestselling erotic Interracial and African-American TOKEN serial. Marata writes a variety of dark fiction in the genres of erotica, fantasy, romance, suspense and sci-fi. She and her husband live in the midwest with thei

Siren (3 books)
  • Constantine (Siren #2)
  • Brandon (Siren #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
“He was everything and nothing. A mongrel of many species. Druid enough to respond like a rabid dog on a leash to a pure female, Faction enough for criminal pursuits, and Exotic enough to be a sexual slave to a female who also possessed that blood. Now his blood had sung the melody of the sea. A siren's wail.” 0 likes