Start by marking “A Life God Rewards: Why Everything You Do Today Matters Forever” as Want to Read:
A Life God Rewards: Why Everything You Do Today Matters Forever

A Life God Rewards: Why Everything You Do Today Matters Forever

In this book, you're going to discover that God's son Jesus revealed a direct link between what you do today and what you will experience after you die. Astoundingly, the majority of spiritual seekers around the world -- including millions who follow Jesus -- seem to have missed what He said. Could you be one? If so, your picture of the future is missing about a billion st ...more
ebook
Published April 4th 2012 by Multnomah (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about A Life God Rewards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Life God Rewards

Stacy
Aug 17, 2016 Stacy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A nice little book explaining how, what we do daily, will effect our eternity. I have Prayer of Jabez (which i must soon reread), which is #1, and this one, which is #3, but still need Secrets of the Vine, #2.
Lydia Howe
This was a re-read because 1) I find it quite helpful to re-read cause it's a great book, and 2) Our group at church was reading through it together.

Mr. Wilkinson writes clear, concise thoughts in an easy-to-understand manner. His book brings out Biblical truths and helps every-day people learn how to apply them to their lives. I highly recommend it. At the retreat where I work, they regularly give this book out because it can be so helpful and life changing when the truths are applied to a per
Patty Hearts Dave
Author Bruce Wilkinson discovered what he was taught and what he believed about eternal rewards seemed to be contradictory to Jesus’ teaching. So he set out on a five year study on the subject of rewards. In A Life God Rewards, Bruce uses the Bible to explain what he learned and shows us that our belief and our behavior determine how we will spend eternity.

He makes it clear how our belief determines how we spend eternity. Good works won’t get us into heaven. The gift of salvation in Jesus gets u
Steven
May 18, 2009 Steven rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good book about Heaven and eternal rewards. The truths in this book ought to inform our every decision---but they don't. It is hard to focus on Heaven as much as we should, and thus, this book deserves repeated reading.

For more on Heaven, I recommend the even better, HEAVEN: YOUR REAL HOME, by Joni.
Barbara
Jun 08, 2017 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book talks about your "forever life" beginning with your birth/life: you were created for a purpose; death - you die physically but not spiritually; destination - you reach your destination after death; resurrection - you receive a resurrected body; repayment - you received reward/retribution based on what you did on earth; and eternity - you will live in the presence or absence depending upon your actions on earth.

We are stewards of given assets which are our talents, strengths, personalit
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
"Remember, everyone will give an account, and everyone will receive compensation from God based on his works." ~ Bruce Wilkinson ("A Life God Rewards", p. 46)

This book helps us to see that doing good works is apart of the will of God. It is not necessary for salvation, but God does have a reward system for our works, whether they be good or evil.

God wants us to do works while we are on earth and store up treasure in heaven. When we get to heaven we will be rewarded if we do good works now. I als
Caroline
Feb 13, 2017 Caroline rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have a policy to always read books that people give me. This was an odd one, as I am an atheist, but I think it was probably well-intentioned. Sadly, I'm no closer to understanding how anyone can believe in God.
Reid
What is done on earth (the dot) will be rewarded in eternity (the line).

What we do as Christians does matter and seeking a "well done" and rewards (wages) for faithfulness is a Biblical motivation. Belief and behavior are important.

The 6 main events of a person's life are important:
1. LIFE. You are created int he image of God for a life of purpose.
2. DEATH. You die physically, but not spiritually
3. DESTINATION. You reach your destination after death, which is determined by what you believed on e
Anna
Jul 19, 2008 Anna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
From time to time, I like to read books that deal with faith in Jesus. I often read so-called "inspirational fiction," but sometimes I pick up non-fiction in this genre as well. This was a very short book my husband picked up at the library, and I was in the mood for something quick to read on the train. The one thing I remember about this book was a diagram. It shows a small dot, and next to the dot is a long line with an arrow. Wilkinson says the dot is your life here on earth; it doesn't last ...more
Dawngordon
I am almost done this book, it is part of the series I was given to read. This particular one is in regards to the life God rewards. He is talking about the rewards we receive during resurrection, not about salvation. Some with salvation will have no rewards. The rewards are for those who strive harder then the rest. Such as taking persecution, etc...I also was a bit embarrassed because I did not know it was Jesus to judge. But I learned something anyhow right? The book says with scripture verse ...more
Daniel Ogweno
Jul 09, 2015 Daniel Ogweno rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is in human nature to want to benefit from his endeavours. Though this may sound selfish, the rewards God promise is tied to our being mindful to the welfare of others. It is paradoxical then that it is through being unselfish that we can have our self interest catered for. God has put it in a way that we take care of others interests, He will take care of our interests.

It is in the above line that Bruce does a splendid job to motivate the reader by assuring him that there is a reward. He hel
Jason Grubbs
Jan 02, 2013 Jason Grubbs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
After reading Bruce Wilkinson's book on Rewards, I have found myself re-evaluating my motives and living more for eternity than for the present. This little book can easily be read in an hour or two. As you read it, you will be surprised how much Jesus talked about rewards in Heaven. I appreciate the fact that the author makes it clear that we do not earn Heaven, but we earn our rewards in Heaven by what we do for the Lord here and what we give to Him. It is clearly pointed out that we can lose ...more
Anna
Mar 26, 2008 Anna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Although the author has been very popular and written a lot of money-making books that people tend to enjoy, we disagreed with a lot of his interpretation of scripture. It is important to not only read his interpretation of what a passage might mean, but also look it up for yourself. I found that he took a lot of scripture out of context and put a worldly spin on it. I'm sure it sold a lot of books, but this one isn't worth the buy.
Hope
This book takes Prosperity Theology to a whole new level. The Bible is all about giving yourself away (losing your life to find it). Wilkinson's books spiritualize self-seeking and tyring to get things from God. No wonder they are so popular. They teach Christianity without the cost of the cross. Who wouldn't want that?
Aloisi Cathi
Jan 28, 2009 Aloisi Cathi is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Small, but powerful - I borrowed this from the library, but now I have to purchase it because I NEED to write in the margins, highlight and underline passages. There is so much hope in this little book!
Austin Wright
Jun 04, 2014 Austin Wright rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was his best out of the three Breakthrough books he wrote. Introduces Greek terminology like misthos, apodidomai, and thesauros.

This is a great 101 intro book for someone who in interested in seeing the failings of the English language Bible.
Patty Milner
Jan 08, 2013 Patty Milner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book puts into words what we all long to hear, not a replay of our shortcomings but that our Creator God wants to reward us and has blessings in store that we cannot even imagine on our walk with Him, if only we will.
Holly
Feb 05, 2009 Holly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious
The author thought he was onto a revolutionary concept, but since this is a part of my religion's theology, it was reviewing kindergarten for me. He did have a few nice ways of putting things here and there that were fun to read ...
Brittany
I didn't exactly find this to be the most inspiring book, but I guess it's good to think about the afterlife every once in a while.
Bill Donhiser
The second of the Prayer of Jabez series, a good spiritual tome that reminds one of things we should be considering everyday.
Sue
Jan 22, 2008 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sue-s-books
I am still reading this but it teachers me that things I do in God's name lead to rewards in eternity.
Deana Porter
Apr 07, 2013 Deana Porter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
I enjoyed this book and really connected with the idea of rewards for the fruits you produce while in earth.
Terrie
Mar 20, 2014 Terrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
This is my favorite of the series. It gave me much to consider in my life choices. I recommend this three book series.
Tom Sargeant
Nov 04, 2012 Tom Sargeant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd most important book that anyone could read!
Kymberly
Dec 25, 2008 Kymberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished this book. It was encouraging and right one the nose on bible.
Jamie Leeper
Feb 18, 2010 Jamie Leeper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Book! Find out why everything you do today, matters forever. Find the power and potential of your life through this book. Very good Life changing book!
Tammie Olson
Mar 26, 2014 Tammie Olson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thought provoking!

Joanne T Kroeker
awesome book
Sara
Aug 18, 2009 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was unprepared for this little book to touch my life in the way it did. VERY good!
Linda Christie
Jun 06, 2013 Linda Christie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this read as much as the accompanying Bible study!
  • Living Beyond the Limits: A Life in Sync with God
  • Flying Closer to the Flame
  • Loving God
  • Where To Find It In The Bible The Ultimate A To Z Resource Series
  • Praying God's Will For Your Life: A Prayerful Walk To Spiritual Well Being
  • For Better or for Best: A Valuable Guide to Knowing, Understanding, and Loving Your Husband
  • Living the Extraordinary Life: Nine Principles to Discover It
  • With Christ in the School of Prayer
  • Leap Over a Wall: Earthy Spirituality for Everyday Christians
  • When, God, When?: Learning to Trust in God's Timing
  • Mind Siege: The Battle for the Truth
  • The Handbook for Spiritual Warfare
Bruce Wilkinson is recognized as one of the world's foremost Christian teachers and speakers. But he is best known as the author of the New York Times #1 bestseller, The Prayer of Jabez, and other bestsellers including A Life God Rewards, Secrets of the Vine, and The Dream Giver. He is the founder of WorldTeach, a global initiative to train Bible teachers in every nation. Wilkinson also founded Dr ...more
More about Bruce H. Wilkinson...