Start by marking “This Girl Stripped (Hers, #3)” as Want to Read:
This Girl Stripped (Hers, #3)

This Girl Stripped

(Hers #3)

Thinking I could rid myself of him, I fled the safety of the nomad lifestyle I had embraced my entire life for the security of a small upstate New York town, alongside my big sister Star.

What I never anticipated was a green eyed stranger that wou
Published February 16th 2014

To ask other readers questions about This Girl Stripped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Girl Stripped

Start your review of This Girl Stripped (Hers, #3)
Valentina "TinchyB"
2.5 disturbing stars!
Mild spoilers(I'm angry and I can't shut tha hell up!)

This was a huelva disturbing read for me!
Thank God it was a short read,cuz I was feeling wooow...and not in the good way!

description

Usualy I don't write reviews for books I rate lower than 3*,but this one make me so mad that I had to write something!
I can't remember when I was more mad at some heroine in book like this one,Paisley.
She's a stripper...not willingly!She started strippin cuz she need money.
One night she picked up in bar
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/twinsietalk
@twinsietalk

I have had the privilege to be along for the journey while Dawn wrote this novel. I have seen many different versions and changes to the book but I have to say, this is the best version to the story.

I am giant fan of the Her’s series. I can’t deny my love for it. I met Dawn after reading Seven’s book and falling in love with her humor and writing. I have been along for the ride to reading Star’s book a
Elaine
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
Maybe I just read one too many from this series, but unfortunately this one didn't work for me this time.

photo 878035_zps19ce9337.gif
Jos
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Super Fantastic and Beyond AMAZING Stars....

OK, I LOVE Dawn Robertson and LOVE, LOVE this entire series of characters!!!!! Although this story took a turn (in a good way) that I so totally didn't expect, it was as spectacular as all of the other books in this series! I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book and as usual, it doesn't disappoint!!!!!! Cannot wait for more from this author and these awesome characters!!!!!!
Tiffy
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'm sorry, I am pretty easy to please but I found myself bored with this book. It wasn't awful but it was hardly good.

Merged review:

Ok

this book wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. it's just a nice read. I didn't read the other books in this series but I wasn't lost while reading this book.
Dimka
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, review

I received and ARC.

Wow. This book was fantastic. The author show us again that she excels at writing. All the emotions felt so real, it was like i was part of the book. I could relate to Paisley Bloom a lot. This is (for me) the best book in the series. This is not only Paisley´s story. We will see Star and her new life, and Seven, the strong woman that Paisley admires. For me Seven is such a hero. Shit happens, but the important thing is what we make of it.

This book was a rollerc
Kristy & Kayla - My Person's Books
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
** ARC provided by author for honest review

This Girl Stripped is the fourth book in the Hers Series by Dawn Robertson. This book isn't for rainbow and unicorn lovers. It contains situations that may be hard for some to read about, or not your cup of tea. Dawn has done an amazing job with writing This Girl Stripped, if you have loved Hers, Finding Willow and Kink the Halls you are going to have a love hate with this story. You are going to hate Dawn for making you cry but you are going to love th
Tracey Murphy
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5

We first met Paisley Bloom, Star’s little sister, before This Girl stripped when she ran to Star’s best friend Seven when she was in trouble. It looked like she was hiding something, and she definitely had a thing for Star’s boyfriend Chrome’s brother River. I thought her book was going to be about how Paisley and River finally get together, and get their happy every after out in the sticks of Woodstock.

This book was so much more than that. As usual, Dawn Robertson takes the story to where y
Debbie
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: over-18s
I was given this book by Paranormal Romance and authors that rock, for an honest review.

what the blur says....My innocence was shattered one steamy October night, when I sold my soul to the devil to pay for a week in a dirty motel room.

What I never anticipated was a green eyed stranger that would steal my hea
Chrissy T
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it

This is my first Dawn Robertson book, and I loved it! This could be read as a standalone, but if you're interested in Paisley's sister, Star and Seven-their story can be read in sequence. Honestly, I didn't feel like I needed to read the other books first, because Robertson did a great job incorporating every one's story in This Girl Stripped.

Paisley has had a rough life, and doesn't make the best choices. This book is definitely not for those sensitive to rape, abortion, and abuse. It may not b
Michelle Bowman  / We Love Kink .com
Paisley Bloom set off to see the world and found herself stripping at a dingy strip club trying to keep a motel roof above her head. Because of her naiveté and trusting nature, Paisley finds herself a victim of a vicious attack on her body and virtue. With nowhere else to go and no one to turn to, she heads back home and now must try to heal.

Broken and scarred, Paisley becomes comfortable leaning on Chrome’s brother River and the two begin a fun-loving and unconditional friendship. As their frie
Jasmine Cafe
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS

The things I love and hate in this book is kinda equal. More on the good side though. One thing you should know (or not) is that I have only read the first book Hers. So I don't really know what happend with the other characters.

Anyway! The things like first. Softens the things I don't like about this book.:)
- Paisley is a strong character. I just adore strong characters. It didn't take her FOREVER to get over her problems. She just took life's shit and threw it right back.
- I had no
Eye Candy Bookstore
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This Girl Stripped (Hers Series) ~ by Dawn Robertson
Reviewed by Tonya Nichols

If you do not like reading about abuse, sex, or violence, I strongly suggest that this book is not for you. This isn’t your average romance. I was pulled in from the very first chapter of the book; Paisley Bloom is just an average girl, trying to make it on her own. When she needs fast cash, she takes up stripping at a local club. After a horrible exchange with a customer one night, she is robbed of the one thing she al
Kim
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Paisley didn't think that things could get any worse than what happened to her in Florida....but boy was she wrong. After leaving Florida and getting the love and support she needed from Seven and Levi to get her back on her feet after her tragedy of stripping, rape, brutal beating and then an abortion when she gets to NYC, could things get any worse....

Paisley finally gets to Woodstock to be with her sister Star but she finds out Star has a new boyfriend Chrome that has a brother Zane in Florid
Holly *Confessions of a Lit Chick*
SPOILERS.

I'm raging!!! This book deals with rape and other controviertial subjects. But I'm not raging about that.

The characters were 1 dimensional . The heroin was annoying and frustrating, she's all -

Oooohhh I really like River but he left me before we could get it on, so I think I'll sleep with his best friend... Boohoo me, now he's angry I slept someone else, blah, blah, blah.

She irritated me with the love triangle! With her whole shallow, self centered, demeanor of I love you both but I ca
Jennifer Guffey
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dawn-robertson
This Girl Stripped (Hers)
By: Dawn Robertson

5/5 stars

So, when I picked up this book, I was already caught up in the series having read the first 3 books. I thought I had the book kind of all mapped out in my head. It started out just as I had assumed. Paisley’s story starts out when she is a stripper in Florida, the subsequent brutal assault and rape and her escape to Seven and Levi’s home in Manhattan.

There was a scene from Thanksgiving that didn’t make it into any of the other books that really
Isabella Bearden
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
*** SPOILER ALERT ***
I received an ARC for an honest review...

Starting out, you read about Paisley trying to make a little bit of money so she wont be homeless. She meets Zane at the club she works at, but she didn't know accepting a ride home from him, would lead to her getting beat. Scared to death, she runs home and lives with Seven. Thanksgiving comes, she goes to live with Star. There, she meets River and Diesel, and find out her attacker is also River's brother. You would think, she would
The Book Hangover
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This series is addicting! Dawn had me hooked since the beginning with Seven's story, Hers. Then I absolutely LOVED Star's story in Finding Willow (probably my favorite so far) but now that I've read Paisley's story... pheewwww! Again, great series - they're hot but emotional! They're f'ed up stories but so great at the same time! You just love all the characters (or love to hate them)!

I thought Star's story was pretty emotional but Paisley's is right up there too! The things that poor girl goes
Megaen MacDonald
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it

Dawn Smith
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I am trying to figure out how to write this interview without giving anything away. Let me start by telling you that this book bowled me over. This isn’t your typical erotic/ romance novel. This is darker and grittier and touches on some not-quite-so delicate subjects. I loved it, every freaking second of it. Dawn Robertson made me care for Paisley so much that it felt like I was part of her life. Despite the crap hand that Paisley
Cassie
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Get ready to meet Paisley, the broken girl who is trying to heal.

When life crushed her she ran, ran back to her hometown of Woodstock, to stay with her sister, Seven.
Paisley is trying to rebuild her trust in men, and the world. She was ruined, her virtue taken and now she has to live with the night that always will haunt her and the choice she had to make for herself.

Coming to Woodstock, Paisley, will meet River and Diesel. One is too broken to love and the other one will love her with all he
Stefanie
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing-reads
Well I'm not going to say too much because these are books you just have to read. Dawn has done it again though!! This can be read as a stand alone, but I strongly suggest reading the other books first so you know the back ground of everyone. Paisley is a great character and stronger then she knows. She was easy to relate to and I enjoyed her character. This is a touching, down to earth story that will probably make you mad at some points and laugh at others.

Quotes! (Caution may contain spoiler
Christina Lyn
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit I get lost to all the characters in this book and surely I was damn wrong reading the third book rather than the starting on Book 1. Damn Paisley there are moments I'm so irritated to you. The way you think and your actions seems irrational most of the time. I also get lost with River. One day he's there for you and next thing you know he's gone. I know he has a fucked up past and surely can't wait to read his story. As for Diesel damn your so hot. At first for me its really odd, ...more
Eva Luna
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is my first Dawn Robertson book, and I liked it! This could be read as a standalone. This book is definitely not for those sensitive to rape, abortion, and abuse. This book has some major ups and downs.

It may not be for everyone, but I respect where Paisley is coming from. All she wants is to start over, but it's difficult when she doesn't know how or where she can settle down. Looking for a fresh start, she goes to her surrogate big sister, Seven. Seven is such a bad ass and I love her at
Kelly
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amazing twist

I love this series! Ever since I first picked up "Hers" I became addicted to this seriously crazy family. When I first started this book I expected it to be Paisley and River's story. This was based on the snippet we saw in "Kink the Halls." I couldn't have been more wrong. This is 100 percent Paisley's story. This is about her journey and the horrible tragedy that happened to bring her to Woodstock. But most importantly it is her path to healing. Paisley does get her happy ending a
Peta Benjamin
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another Winner

This was another wonderful read. I am really drawn in by these characters. They grab hold of you and stay in your head for quite a while after you finish the book. Paisley and Diesel are great together, he has a beautiful soul and his love for Paisley shines through in every action he does. I love that all the characters in the previous books are included in each new story, they just make it more interesting to read. I have yet to try to work out River's actions and where he will n
Rumpled Sheets Blog
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
OMG!!!

What to say?

I LOVE this series. A big time. Every single one of them is an instant addiction.

This Girl Stripped is definitely Dawn´s best book so far. She blew me out of the water with Paisley´s story.

Very addictive and unputdownable.

This Girl Stripped delivers very interesting blend of deep poignant emotions and Dawn´s signature – hot sex scenes.

Paisley´s journey is gut wrenching and devastating and touching. Her life has thrown her punches form different sides and if we add her mistakes,
Shelli
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Some people lives take the hard road and hit rock bottom before they finally find the right road to happiness. Paisley story finally hits rock bottom when she is rapped and fall pregnant. She can call her family for help so she calls the next best thing. Seven help her through the roughest part then reunites her with her sister which takes her back home where she grew up. Coming back from the pits of hell to discover how strong she is. The next thing is to find a man to love her for whom she is. ...more
Desiree Gorman - A Love Affair With Books
After reading every book in the "Hers" series, I was so excited to read Paisley's story. The lives of all the characters are less than ideal, growing up in unconventional and traumatic circumstances, Seven, Star, Paisley and Journey all have some demons they have to face. This is where I warn you to read the warning of this book and take it to heart. There are scenes that will rip your heart out.

To read the rest of my review, please visit the blog at A Love Affair With Books.
Kari
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrowed
Okay, so even though I wasn't crazy about this book, as I wasn't about the others in the series, I decided I had to give it 4 stars for the simple fact that I had given only 3 to the others, but this one actually had a story, so I felt obligated. I felt as though she tried to make up for not having much of a story line in the others, by putting way too much in this one. There was a lot going on! I'm going to stop with that, I don't have many great things to say about these books, sorry...
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Merging/Combing not workind 4 24 Jan 15, 2014 08:39PM

• Guardian Angel (Angel's Halo MC #3)
  • Stitch (Satan's Fury MC, #2)
  • City Lights (Satan's Sinners MC, #1)
  • Angel's Halo: Avenged (Angel's Halo MC #7)
  • Forever Angels (Angel's Halo MC #8)
  • Inflame Me (Ravage MC, #4)
  • Captivate Me (Ravage MC, #5)
  • Tyrant (King, #2)
  • Burning It All (Hellfire Riders MC, #6)
  • Fallen Angel (Angel's Halo MC #6)
  • Challenged (Vipers Creed MC, #1)
  • Conquering (Vipers Creed MC, #2)
  • Arrow's Hell (Wind Dragons MC, #2)
  • Breaking It All (Hellfire Riders MC, #8)
  • Wanting It All (Hellfire Riders MC, #1)
  • Taking It All (Hellfire Riders MC, #2)
  • Devil's Charm (Chaos Bleeds MC #1)
  • Betting It All (Hellfire Riders MC, #4)
Three times best selling author Dawn Robertson was born and raised in Connecticut before relocating to Florida in 2013. The same year first novel, Hers debuted as an Amazon Best Seller. Replicating that success with two additional novels in the following years.

The Indie publishing world has grown to love her raw writing style depicting strong
women in real life situations, topping the charts in e

Hers (6 books)
  • Hers (Hers, #1)
  • Finding Willow (Hers, #2)
  • Kink the Halls (Hers, #2.5)
  • Seven's Diary (Hers, #3.5)
  • His (Hers, #4)