Start by marking “The Preacher's Bride Claim (Bridegroom Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Preacher's Bride Claim (Bridegroom Brothers, #1)

The Preacher's Bride Claim

(Bridegroom Brothers #1)

Claiming Their Future

For the Thornton brothers, the Oklahoma Land Rush is the perfect opportunity to finally put down some roots. A new start, a new community-what more could preacher Elijah Thornton need? Not a wife-not after the pain of losing his fiancée. But something draws him to the pretty nurse whose eyes are clouded by trouble.

Only by claiming her own homestead can
Published April 1st 2014 by Love Inspired Historicals (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Preacher's Bride Claim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Preacher's Bride Claim

LaVerne George
This book has that combination of interesting setting, well-drawn characters and conflict that puts it on my Keepers shelf. The whole circumstance of the Oklahoma Land Rush and the temporary tent cities that blossomed in response to the settlers' needs was a complete mystery to me until I read this book. The images of the city are so clear that I could see, smell and feel the location, the crowds, the hope, and the fear. Add the people. Our hero and heroine, the preacher and the well-to-do girl, ...more
Victoria Bylin
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Preacher’s Bride Claim is the first book in a three-book LIH continuity set against the hope and turmoil of the Oklahoma Land Rush. I love continuities! In this first book of the Bridegroom Brothers series, readers get to enjoy a full romance while getting to know Elijah Thornton’s brothers (heroes in future books) and a cast of recurring secondary characters that include a perfect mix of neighbors, villains and a boy named Dakota.

One of my favorite things about The Preacher’s Bride Claim i
Dawn
Really enjoyed this one. Looking forward to the next two.
Rachel
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute and short. Looking forward to book 2.
Debbie Sue
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Born and raised in Oklahoma this book based on the Oklahoma Land Run was especially interesting to me. I would like to read more in the series
Lisa Johnson
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: The Preacher’s Bride Claim (Bridegroom Brothers #1)
Author: Laurie Kingery
Pages: 288
Year: 2014
Publisher: Love Inspired Historical
I love historical novels, whether based on actual events, places or people. One of the best eras in this time is when people were taking risks to start new lives after the War Between the States. In the first installment of Bridegroom Brothers, we have Elijah, the eldest of three brothers, set on claiming a homestead acreage in Oklahoma while his brothers attemp
Wendy
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
Claiming Their Future
For the Thornton brothers, the Oklahoma Land Rush is the perfect opportunity to finally put down some roots. A new start, a new community--what more could preacher Elijah Thornton need? Not a wife--not after the pain of losing his fiancee. But something draws him to the pretty nurse whose eyes are clouded by trouble.

Only by claiming her own homestead can Alice Hawthorne avoid an unwanted marriage. Even Oklahoma may not be far enough away from New York t
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We'll I've read another good book The Preacher's Bride Claim by Laurie Kingery the first of three books in the Bridegroom Brothers. The story takes place during the Oklahoma Land Rush and for Elijah Thorton and his brothers a new beginning. For a preacher this is where Elijah feels God wants him to be and no plans to find a bride are part of those plans since the loss of his fiancé. Thankfully God has other ideas and a beautiful nurse with sad pretty eyes draws his attention.
Alice Hawthorne is o
June
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Excellent story about the Oklahoma Land Rush and the people who were involved in it. Elijah Thornton and his two brothers are just part of the Boomer Town tent city waiting for the opening time of the rush. Elijah is a preacher and has almost daily prayer meetings with believers in preparation of this life changing event. Alice Hawthorne arrives at a meeting and upon meeting Elijah informs him of her career as a nurse. Soon the two are making daily rounds to pray for and heal the sick.

There are
Linda
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story about the Oklahoma Land Rush. It's the first one of a series of three brothers (written by three authors)settling the area. I love the history stories and it's good to be reminded and educated, in a very fun way, how our country grew and formed. Laurie Kingery gave us a lovely story and because she did, I'll be ready to read the others.
Katy Glover
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book lays a nice foundation for the trilogy. The characters are well developed, and the historical significance of the Land Rush is nicely woven in to the romantic plot. I would have preferred for the storyline to be more contained in the novel because it seems many plot points were left open to continue in the subsequent books.
Ingrid
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. I enjoyed the story and the people . liked that it was a smooth flowing ,very well thought out story that kept me wanting to read just one more page. Looking forward to reading the rest of the series and more books by this author.
Kim
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. I am going to read more in this series.
PWRL
Sep 16, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-new
E
Harlequin Books
"The first in the Bridegroom Brothers Trilogy brings to life a fascinating time in American history (RT Book Reviews)".

Miniseries: Bridegroom Brothers
Christine Lalonde
Sep 27, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 17, 2015 03:55PM
Laurie Kingery is a central Ohio author and veteran E.R. RN who wrote 16 historical romances as Laurie Grant and now writes inspirational historicals for Steeple Hill. She won the Reader's Choice for short historicals in 1994. Her website is http://www.lauriekingery.com. Country Christmas was her first inspirational historical in Oct. '08; her next release from Steeple Hill was The Outlaw's Lady i ...more

Bridegroom Brothers (3 books)
  • The Horseman's Frontier Family (Bridegroom Brothers, #2)
  • The Lawman's Oklahoma Sweetheart (Bridegroom Brothers, #3)