Start by marking “Please Explain Anxiety to Me! Simple Biology and Solutions for Children and Parents” as Want to Read:

What's happening to me?
This book translates anxiety from the jargon of psychology into concrete experiences that children can relate to. Children and their parents will understand the biological and emotional components of anxiety responsible for the upsetting symptoms they experience. Please Explain Anxiety to Me, 2nd Edition gives accurate physiological information in c
Published February 14th 2014 by Loving Healing Press (first published July 23rd 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about Please Explain Anxiety to Me! Simple Biology and Solutions for Children and Parents

Debbie
Ever wonder why we get nervous, worried, stressed, distressed or anxious? Most people do feel that way at some point, but it is not the same for everyone. For children it can be even more difficult to deal with and understanding the reason why may be the first step to helping them get through it. Identifying with a dinosaur, learning that they possibly had the same reactions to worries may help a child understand that they are not the only one. Learning the whys of anxiety are not enough, childr ...more
Lilith Day
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes children who are diagnosed with anxiety need a little clarity so they can overcome the diagnosis. This book takes kids on a journey from what have anxiety can do to the body. I like how this book's perspective is from the nervous system. This gives the children a real understanding.

In addition, this book ends off with some tips on how kids can seek comfort from their anxiety. Some of the strategies are very helpful and fun. Feel free to use them alongside your child.

I received this b
Sara
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anxiety
A little wordy for the younger kiddos, but overall a great resource for both parents and kids.
Danielle
Very informative! A little long and technical. Definitely not a bedtime book.
Ayshea
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was not what i expected and lost my kids interest after the dinosaur pictures.
Heavensent1
Please Explain "Anxiety" To Me! is a early reader for children explaining simple biology and solutions pertaining to anxiety.

The book starts out with dinosaurs roaming the earth. There were many hardships to overcome to survive if you are a dinosaur. Things like the environment, food and predators can make a dinosaur worry. Over time the dinosaur develop their "instincts" and their reactions to certain situations.

One of the reactions being discussed is anxiety. The book describes how our Amygdal
Oct 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was eager to get this book for review and happy that I did. Dr. Laurie Zelinger and son Jordan Zelinger have managed to explain the biological reasons for anxiety in such a simple way that my young children easily understood it. My 6-year-old son and even my daughter loved the use of dinosaurs in the explanation, and I thought the comparison to a switch turning on and off was brilliant. The illustrations are also simple, colourful and age-appropriate.

This is a comforting book, both for childre
Tara Gauthier
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was looking forward to getting this book to review as my son suffers from anxiety issues and has been diagnosed with anxiety disorder. We have been striving for ways to help him though his worries, which seem to be increasing in certain areas. This book does a great job in explaining anxiety and giving children someone to identify with (in this case a dinosaur).

The book explains anxiety in simple to understand terms but using real life language for children. I think this book has done a great
Jackie
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you want to know how to help your children when they get anxiety? Parents can remain calm with the help of this book as it provide families with a description of anxiety that children can understand and suggestions that parents can use when addressing their children’s worries. I remember being a child under the age of five and getting my own tonsils out and adenoids out. The author wants to help other parents by writing this book for kids who have too much anxiety and want to get rid of some ...more
Jackie
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
I like this book because it doesn’t just explain what to do about a problem kids have, it explains why it is happening. It shows there is something going on in our bodies that make us feel sick in the stomach or not wanting to do something. I like how the book also compares what happens when you feel anxiety to a light-switch. The illustrations are really cute and they go with the story magnificently. I love the cartoon-like feel to them. I think a lot of kids would get help from this book!
*NOTE
Alvera
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is very well written. It explains the biological responses at play in anxiety and has provided some comfort and strategies for my children to try as they are facing some serious anxiety. Cadence calls it "the dinosaur book" and has sought it out several nights when she has felt restless. I found it at the public library, but intend to buy it for our home library. Highly recommend!
Terra
Jan 06, 2018
Debbi
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book really helpful and easy to understand for kids.
Jill
Bara
Nov 03, 2018
Eden Steffey
Jan 02, 2019
Robert-#5-Please Explain "Axiety" to Me!-Mental Illness 1 1 Jun 23, 2018 09:52AM