Start by marking “Operation: Married by Christmas (Mule Hollow, #6)” as Want to Read:
Operation: Married by Christmas (Mule Hollow, #6)

Operation: Married by Christmas (Texas Matchmakers #6)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  247 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Unmarried Men Of Mule Hollow: Run For Your Lives!

When Haley Bell Thornton arrived back in Mule Hollow wearing a wedding gown, no one bothered to ask where the groom was. Especially not Will Sutton, the first of her ditched fiances. The runaway bride had done it again! And now the woman he loved and lost ten years ago was tottering around the dusty ranch town in her high he
Published October 1st 2007 by Steeple Hill (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Operation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Operation

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
This started out really good, Haley is a runaway bride. For the third time she’s left a man at the alter and this time heads to her hometown, a place she left her first fiancé ten years before. Spark definitely fly when Haley is reunited with Will. Lots of chemistry and unresolved issues. About halfway through, I lost steam and got a little bored. I enjoyed the characters, setting and overall plot, but thought there was a little too much inner-thought and reminiscing. I would have liked more sce ...more
Mo
Dec 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Not Recommended
description
No…no…no… NO… NO… NO… NOOOOO! What in the world was I thinking when I selected this book?

It is a Christian romance between a cowboy and a really annoying power chick. Pretty much everything I loathe. UGH!
Rhonda
Mar 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Still Happy reading this series. Its clean,no swearing,no sex scenes in details. A community that cares for each other.
In book 6 Haley has run from her wedding in CA back home to Mule Hollow, Texas still in her wedding dress. Haley is almost to her grandparents house when the road is blocked by cattle trailer and a cowboy walks up to her car to explain when Haley realizes its Will the first fiance that she left at the alter years ago.
Will can't believe its Haley and in a wedding dress this is th
Karen
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Read again today, this one doesn't hold up as well as the other, but Mule Hollow is a fascinating place. Haley Bell and Will meet again after ten years and her running out on their wedding. Will her grandfather and his cronies get them back together?
Yvonne
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read all but one of the previous books in this series , and I have loved them all. That said, this one is my absolute favorite.
Ms Clopton takes us back to the town of Mule Hollow, where a group of very sweet ladies are responsible for “the cowboy’s looking for wives” campaign.
This story is a little different. The matchmaking is still alive and well, but the main characters Haley and Will are both natives of the town who days before Christmas, 10 years ago, were set to marry . At the last
Dawn Pearson
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haley Bell Thornton is back home in Mule Hollow - at least for a few days. She's just left another man at the altar and she is worried about her grandfather, Applegate. She left Mule Hollow 10 years ago when she left Will Sutton at the altar. The man she hasn't been able to get over. The man who broke her heart. The man who suddenly shows up at her window when she stops because there's a trailer blocking the road. Can she explain to Will why she left? Can she get answers from him?

Will Sutton is
Judy
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marry Me, Cowboy by Debra Clopton
Texas Matchmakers Series Book Six
Haley Bell Thornton was a runaway bride. Three times now. She'd run away from Mule Hollow, Texas as well as from that first wedding. She'd achieved her goal of being one of the best real estate agents in Hollywood. She had all that glitters...but not happiness. And she found herself driving her BMW back to Mule Hollow after leaving what would've been her wedding.

Will Sutton returned to Mule Hollow three months ago and was happy wi
Laura R
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book in the Texas Matchmakers series. "Old-time" App Thornton joins in the matchmaking fun in this book. Of course, he has a vested interest since one of the people in their sights is App's granddaughter Haley Bell. The other is the cowboy she left at the altar 10 years ago, Will Sutton. Can the two of them get past the reasons why she left town a decade ago? Will they be able to fight the attraction that is still there and that keeps drawing them to each other? This is my honest r ...more
Robin
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet, well-written contemporary romance. Runaway bride Haley Bell Thornton left cowboy Will Sutton standing alone at the altar years before, but now she is back, running away from another groom. Will promises himself he won't let her hurt him again, but everyone in town seems intent on getting them back together. This book can be read as a standalone story, though it is book 6 of the Texas Matchmakers series. I enjoyed reading this book and look forward to reading the rest of this se ...more
Evangeline
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: default, giveaways
I won this book in a giveaway and was asked to give a review after reading it. It was a sweet, clean romance, and I enjoyed reading it. Because of misunderstandings, Haley and Will have a lot of baggage to get rid of and both of them had to learn to forgive in order to restore their relationship and experience the love and joy God had in store for them. A return to God’s Word and communion with Him brought the healing and guidance needed.
Nancy Luebke
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this Love Inspired Romance. I received this book for free and I voluntarily chose to review it. I've given this a 4.5* rating. This clean romance sure stirred up a lot of emotions. The heroine and the hero have a lot of baggage they have been carrying around for 10 years and it took time for their talks got around to the heart of the matter. Found myself getting a little teary eyed a few times.
KimberlyDawn
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always, this author's books are such a delight to read. I once again was hooked from the start, and I enjoyed the book immensely. I definitely recommend it!
♦Jennifer♦
Dec 26, 2009 rated it liked it
Usually I cringe a little bit when I read these cheesy romances. There is something so completely unrealistic about the fairy tale endings that they usually entail.

However, when I just give over to the fact that this is just the kind of book it is, it isn't half bad. And anyways what girl doesn't dream of having their very own cowboy? Some Marlboro man of their very own, and that is basically what the Mule Hollow books are about. A bunch of women decide that in order to breathe life into thei
Lenora Veyon
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Yet another amazing book by Debra Clopton! When Haley arrives back in mule hollow people weren't all that surprised that she had run from another marriage. She had been searching for a love like her first love and hadn't found it. The matchmaking ladies and Haley's grandfather start trying to get Will Sutton and Haley back together. That was the first wedding shew ran from because she got scared and has been running ever since. Eventually Haley and Will realize that they are still in love with e ...more
Cindy Winder delong
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cute little story about a woman who keeps leaving men at the altar by changing her mind and running off on her wedding day. She returns to her little home town after rising to the top in a successful career and leaving groom number three at the altar. The first person she runs into in her home town is the first groom she left at the altar. Follow the crazy antics of the people in her little home town of Mule Hollow as they try to stop her from running from her feelings.
joyce lynn
Jun 05, 2008 rated it liked it
for one thing, i can certainly understand, and relate, to how lopsided our perspectives can be, and to how hard-headed we can be! especially out of "fear" of looking foolish, no matter what the cost that "fear" makes us pay.

i still SO want to find a loving "family" like Mule Hollow! maybe i just need to read a few more from this series, take studious notes, and try and live like one of the characters in the book, and ... who knows, maybe i can turn THIS place into a version of M.H.?!
Barbara
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Good story once you get past the weirdness of someone running away one a wedding day three times. Why not break it off earlier like an adult would. The point of the story is about forgiving, and seeing how you contributed to the situation.
Judy
Sep 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
another great story!
Dixie-Lee Campbell
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to getting the rest of this series.
Shekeyse
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book had a slow start, but it realy picked up in the end.
IrenesBookReviews
Oct 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An easy to read quick romance. I enjoyed the humor in this one. It is part of a series but you don't have to read the others to enjoy this one.
Christine Jewett
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I had to move past the fact that it's an Inspirational romance, and then the ending was a little too quick to be plausible.
Tamara Anderson
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
the family and friends goes to crazy funny lengths to try and get Haley Bell Thornton married.... do they succeed? Laugh and cry with them as they take you on a ride you will never forget:)
Brenda-
Dec 19, 2016
Crissi
Mar 19, 2010
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 29, 2015 09:54AM
  • Small-Town Brides: A Dry Creek Wedding\A Mule Hollow Match (Dry Creek #15) (Mule Hollow Matchmakers #11)
  • His Hometown Girl (The McKaslin Clan, Series 1, #1)
  • Mirror Image Bride (Texas Twins, #2)
  • His Little Cowgirl (The Cowboy Series #1)
  • The Lawman's Christmas Wish (Alaskan Bride Rush, #6)
  • Healing the Doctor's Heart (Home to Hartley Creek, #3)
  • Finding Hope
  • Giving Thanks for Baby
  • Unlikely Hero (The Flanagans, #2)
Award-winning, Bestselling author Debra Clopton has sold over 2.5 million books and her holiday story, OPERATION: MARRIED BY CHRISTMAS has been optioned for an ABC Family Movie. Debra is known for her snappy dialogue, cowboy heroes and spunky heroines set in Texas. Her awards include: The Book Sellers Best, Romantic Times Magazine's Book of the Year. She's also a Romance Writers of America Golden ...more
More about Debra Clopton...

Texas Matchmakers (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dream with Me, Cowboy Enhanced Edition (Texas Matchmakers, #1)
  • And Baby Makes Five (Mule Hollow, #2)
  • No Place Like Home (Mule Hollow, #3)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Mule Hollow, #4)
  • Meeting Her Match (Mule Hollow, #5)
  • Next Door Daddy (Mule Hollow, #7)
  • Her Baby Dreams (Mule Hollow, #8)
  • The Cowboy Takes a Bride (Mule Hollow, #9)
  • Texas Ranger Dad (Mule Hollow, #10)
  • LOVE ME, COWBOY Enhanced Edition (Texas Matchmakers Book 11)