Start by marking “Medusa” as Want to Read:
Medusa

Medusa

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Published February 11th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Medusa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Medusa

Gabs {My Full Bookshelf Reviews}
This review (and others) can be found on My Full Bookshelf

A free copy of this book was received from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I wasn't really sure what to expect going into Medusa. The cover was what initially drew me to the book, and the blurb sounded fantastic, but Tony Talbot was a new author to me, so I was a bit nervous at the same time. My fears quickly dissipated. After reading only a few lines, I knew this book would be good!

The plot:

The plot is really great. It's ori
Anna Hub
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was the cover of this book that initially drew me in. The blurb is short and enticing but it doesn't reveal much. There was really no way to know what to expect from Medusa without reading it.

I don't want to give away too much of the storyline, because I think that mysterious allure really works in its favour. But I will say it follows the story of Lissa Two, a young woman struggling to keep her sister safe in a post-apocalyptic world fraught with danger.

Lissa is brave, resourceful and willi
Melanie Cusick-Jones
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Tony Talbot’s great new book Medusa. This is the second book of Tony’s I’ve read and I was not disappointed.

We meet Lissa Two – captain of a strange ship with some interesting technical skills – in an apparently post-apocalyptic world of water. Giant ‘seasteads’ form the main areas of civilisation and Lissa uses her ship – Connie – and the particular powers she has, to salvage items for sale in the underground souks in her own seastead home. A random meeting with a man thrown fro
Oezay
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I got this book through the making connections group by the author For a review.

First reaction after reading a few pages left me a bit confused but as the story progressed i got what was happening and the wording used, The world described by the author is quite interesting since i imagine that is how people would react if they slowly lost knowledge and their history.

Power corrupts most people and makes them do things that they might regret later on, but some people differ from the general term "
Caitlin Janke
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-dystopian
I received this ebook through booklikes giveaways.

Lissa Two is a thief of the ocean cities, struggling to make enough money to clear her debts and take care of her traumatised sister, scratching a meagre living as best she can. So she has enough worries without her life getting more complicated...but when a boy named Hattan literally falls from the sky, she can't just let him drown. It's a decision she comes to regret, a decision that will change not only her life, but the lives of everyone she
John Misiak
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It has been a while since I read anything and I am trying to get back into books. I read this book and really enjoyed it. It kept me interested at the beginning and to me had a really surprise ending. It was full of surprises along the way and I kept looking for what was coming next.
creeperbuster009
Adelina
May 11, 2015
Kumar
Apr 22, 2017
Tony Talbot started writing short stories in 2008, after a dream he had and couldn't shake; Finally his wife told him to write it down or stop talking about it.

He wrote his first Young Adult novel, Over the Mountain, in 2008, and has completed several others and a growing raft of short stories since.

He lives in a village in Leicestershire UK, with an American wife he met online and a cat called Bo
More about Tony Talbot