Start by marking “A Silent Prayer (A Prayer Series #1)” as Want to Read:
A Silent Prayer (A Prayer Series #1)

A Silent Prayer

(A Prayer Series #1)

Adam Gibson is a young and powerful Toronto millionaire. Despite his many blessings, he is an atheist, though he has an altruistic soul. He denies there is a God—until he meets a beautiful stranger in a place that does not exist for anyone but him.

Rania Ahmed strongly believes in God, but has lost hope she will ever find her soul mate. Endowed with hypnotic beauty and cur
Published February 10th 2014 by iUniverse (first published May 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Silent Prayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Silent Prayer

Wendy
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Wendy by: Goodreads Giveaways
"A Silent Prayer" which I won from Goodreads Giveaways is an emotionally-charged, stirring romance between two broken people from different cultures and religious beliefs who are magnetically drawn to one another after they meet, and begin to discover that love is stronger than any barrier that could keep them apart.

The story opens in Toronto when Rania Ahmed, a Creative Designer for Greenway Advertising, on her way to a breakfast meeting stumbles into Adam Gibson, a philanthropic billionaire.
Sheri
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Silent Prayer by Samreen Ahsan

Rania Ahmedhas strong faith and devote belief in God. She is very beautiful, successful in her career, but had secrets from her past. They are so strong that it is destroying her from the inside keeping her from finding true happiness.

She meets Adam Gibson, a young powerful and very rich man, but he is an Atheist, and has no belief in God. The two soon become friends and they find they are able to help each other. Will he be able to reach out to her and melt her h
Sharon Heaverly Machuga French
Noooo......I didn't want it to end like this!!
First I must say that I got the ebook free from the author for an honest review.
I loved this book. I just didn't like the ending but I won't spoil it by saying why. You must read it for yourself.
I don't like doing reviews just to give a synopsis. The back cover blurb or other reviewers can give you that.
This is a modern day love story of a couple - Adam and Rania -from two different cultures, faiths and backgrounds. I found Rania's Muslim faith very
Shree
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Note : This Review is up @ Readers' Muse

“ Never judge a book its cover” warned my fellow bibliophiles. They conveniently forgot about the summary part. I normally pick a book based on the summary. This book’s summary particularly didn’t stand out. In fact, the whole millionaire and simpleton story line sorted reminded me of the Fifty Shades of Grey series. In fact I was a little apprehensive and considered writing back to writer apologizing for not reading her book. Thankfully I did no such blu
Nina
Got a free copy from Ms. Ahsan. So first, thank you for the copy. I enjoyed the book a lot.

So where to start? There are many wonderful things about this book. This book, to put it simply, is extraordinary. I rarely got a chance to read something based on Islamic beliefs. However, in this book, Rania is a Muslimah and Adam is an atheist, so there is journey for Adam to find his belief in God. Because of Rania, he starts to admit that God exists. But secrets from their pasts haunt them, and Rania
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Adam Gibson is a young powerful and rich man. By his own admission he is an atheist with no belief in God. Adam’s belief in God was destroyed many years ago along with his family. Adam has no wants and believes he has everything a man needs.

He is not a romantic and doesn’t have time nor desire for a serious relationship. Adam is pulled into a dance studio where he see a beautiful masked ballerina and is completely smitten with her. He can’t seem to shake his feelings toward this woman.

Months la
Lauren
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-review
Full review here: http://mommabearsbookblog.blogspot.co...

I try to go into new books with an open mind. This one, however, I had my reservations about. I'm not much of a religious person and I was worried that this book would be all about Christianity and religion in general. I was wrong!

I didn't "get" Rania right away, and wasn't sure how I was going to feel about her. As I read further, though, I began to understand her and why she said and did the things she did. I got the feeling that the pe
Wajiha Ashraf
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A slient prayer is one of most exciting stories about love, care and intimacy. It's mystery, romance, suspense all combined. It starts casually but gets more and more exciting and mysterious. One of the unique things about the book is that the chapters have been written in a way in which u get to read from the perception of both the main characters. You get to read inside both their minds which is truly a different experience.I like the way they so easily discuss religious beliefs with eachother ...more
Ericka Greer
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was sent this free ebook in exchange for an honest review)

This story is a mixture of suspense, mystery, and romance all together. What I love about this story is that we get to see what both of the characters are thinking in the chapters so that is a plus for me. The story starts off in Toronto. Adam and Raina have different lives. Adam is a billionaire and has everything that he could ever want or need. Raina is a graphic designer and keeps mostly to herself.

Adam is an atheist and doesn't ha
Maggie Way
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Never judge a book by its cover – because otherwise I would have missed a fab read like this.
Let me firstly start off by saying that I do not read religious focused love stories, never have. But wow this was definitely a pleasant surprise. Samreen did an amazing job with the characters and I really enjoyed getting to know Adam and Rania. Mixed race couples are so rarely represented and this was a beautiful portrayal. Let’s face it, faiths
Laurie
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it

Where Romance meets the Spiritual

Two great genres intersect and keep moving ahead in this new series...

Asked to review this book, I was a wee bit skeptical that the two genres would be successfully combined.combined. But, get it right she did. The characters Adam and Raina are meant to be together. One is an Atheist the other a Muslim. Both have sworn off love and the hopes of a normal relationship with another.

Yet drawn together since their first meeting, it forces both of them to question the
Syed Ashja
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
A good read ... decent characterization to visualize both the protagonists and details surrounding them. Chapters written from male and female POVs kept the interest and didn't let the story fall away. Adam and Rania's chemistry seems to be going beyond expectations and anxiously waiting for 'what will happen next'. Mystery behind Rania and paranormal activities kept me guessing and I was proved wrong at many occasions. Keep up the good work and bring your next volume in market soon.

A Silent Pra
Umar Khan
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Its much better than the many famous (read infamous) titles that have been quite popular these days.

The author has her unique way of twisting and turning the story around to maintain the readers interest. Was not bored the least and read till the end. Can't wait for the rest of the books in the series.
Sümeyye Seyhan
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well, its one of the best story I have ever read in wattpad.. When I start to read first I noticed how words combinated fluently. the usage of words were so impressive and powerful. While reading this book I felt as if I am inside of the world of A Silent Prayer... Now Im looking for the next book.. Thank you Ms Ahsan! :)
T.G. Davis
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rania and Adam....what a Iove battle they have going on in this fast paced nugget of a novel. The reader gets to look over Adam's shoulder as he peels away Rania's defenses to her heart. I loved every moment, and the ending left me wanting more. What a hook. How can Adam explain his actions of drunken jealousy? Will Nathan win after all? Loved it!
Lucy Marcia
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
A very sweet romantic love story of two people, poles apart in belief but glued to each other in hearts. I love the paranormal punches of the story and would really like to know Rania's secrets in the sequel.
Analyn Rocapor
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i've already read it in wattpad...and I feel like my life is incomplete without reading the book 2: A Prayer Heeded... Can I have it please....
Akisah
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a fan of history books, mystery and fiction novels. I was not expecting that this book would caught my interest in terms of my actual taste in books. I've been a fan of Dan Brown, Shakespeare, and Stephanie Meyer but right now Samreen Ahsan has been added on my list of favorite authors who gives quality story with uniqueness.

I'm not a sweet talker, but I highly suggest this book.
I love how she integrated the mystery of unseen creatures in this story with its religious concept.
Every time I dis
Aisha
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
oh my god This book is one of the best fiction ive ever read...The writing is so damn magical that it takes you flying into to the colourful Toronto..Okay so This is story about two stranger Rania and Adam Both have different lifestyle and culture and religion... Rania is muslim whereas Adam doesn't believe in god...Adam Finds Rania And fall in love with her at first sight but Rania was little reserved and she had a tormented past..

This is not the book about religion or anything just little glim
Karen Bainbridge
Intense, thought provoking, emotional roller coaster, tremendously done, pure romance but not for young readers.
I give it 4 and half stars because it explored Adam and Rania's dreamlike states and their symbiotic existence in A Silent Prayer and it also did it in a totally new way, which is bound to be copied.
A Silent Prayer is a stroke of genius from the start with Adam seeing a beautiful masked woman dances with music, lights and shadowy dancers until she is left alone and it seems like there
Karen Bainbridge
Astute, tremendous powerful paranormal romance with a difference it's all true! Intense turbulent romance becoming a modern classic. Be forewarned this is a tear jerker but still able to be read by all!
I did not foresee the ending of A Silent Prayer... how could it end! I wanted more!!
A Silent Prayer was a stroke of genius, it is exceptionally moving, I never knew what was going to happen next! Miss Ahsan wove a dream like symbiotic world that drew you in from the first page, it hooked you in a
Scott Bury
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Silent Prayer is a book that deserves all the attention it has received.

In the first year following its publication, A Silent Prayer has won first prizes at book fairs in Los Angeles, Hollywood and Paris, first prize in the Readers’ Favorite International Book Awards, and an Honourable Mention at the New York Book Festival.

Deservedly so.

I know I am not the target audience for this book, but like all great novels, it has a universal appeal.

The story

I know from the author’s statements on social
Neha Khan
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Its an amazing book...just loved it..everyone should definately give it a try ...good job samreen hasan 👍😊
Vivian
3.5 star read

Adam Gibson is the epitome of the young, urban professional. He is a self-made millionaire and used to getting what he wants when he wants it. He isn't wholly selfish in that he also gives backs to the community and feels that if he gives his promise to someone then he must follow through. In Canadian society, Adam is hot and his life is constantly in the spotlight. Rania Ahmed is the exact opposite of Adam. She has a fervent belief in God and that only God has the right to guide he
DelSheree
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
On the surface, it seems as though Adam and Rania have led very different lives. Adam is a wealthy, womanizing billionaire with every possession he could ever need. Rania is a graphic designer who secludes herself from others, men especially, as much as possible. The truth is, the are both hiding difficult pasts that have scarred them and left them nearly incapable of a normal relationship. The question is whether they can heal each other, or if the will only tear each other apart even more.

Whil
Kristine Hall
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating Clarification: 3.5
I generally don't post full reviews of adult books on my blog, and I mostly avoid reading romances, so when Samreen Ahsan approached me to review her book, my initial response was hesitant, to say the least.

Great writer that she is, Sam piqued my curiosity with her premise and description of her book and persuaded me to read it, and I am so glad that I did. Ahsan has found a unique blend of ingredients that are both relevant to the times and bigger than the here and no
Elien
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
This review and more on So Bookalicious

Rania is a very average girl. Trying to leave her past behind and build up a life in Toronto the best she can with the guidance of her God. Adam is a young self-made billionaire who believes that money is the only thing you need in life. When there pats cross Adam is not so sure any more that money is all he needs. He pursuits Rania but to his astonishment she’s the first girl to ever turn him down. Rania has built strong walls around her to protect her a l
Romance Novels in Color
This is my first book by this author. This is a two-book story, so you will have to read book 2, A Prayer Heeded, to find out how the story ends, which I plan to do.

This is Adam and Rania’s story.

Being a woman of faith myself, I was intrigued by the story-line.

Adam is a rich business man who professes to be an atheist. He was very much the womanizer before meeting Rania. This makes it difficult, at first, for Rania to trust Adam’s motives for wanting to get to know her. For that reason, she keep
Cookieburner
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"A Silent Prayer",which I read it within a day from wattpad. I find this story very intense emotionally written by author ,and very much different from other romantic stories.
This story unfolds between two protagonist , Rania Ahmed and Adom Gibson.

Rania is a woman with beauty and brain, she is a muslim and has strong faith on God's existence. She has a charming and strong personality and anyone who just met her,got smitten by her. She works as a Creative Designer in a company located in Gibson
Pam Kesterson
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pam-kesterson
A Silent Prayer moves quickly after the slower first couple of chapters. But picks up pace to a dead run a quarter of the way through. I loved the two different point-of-views alternating from Rania to Adam. The characters are descriptive and three-dimensional and the dialog, both face-to-face and while texting, comes across rich and seductive—a true romance indeed.

The two narrators guide us through their individual ways of thinking. Adam is unable to resist Rania’s luring beauty, spontaneity, a
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Beasthood (The Hidden Blood Series, #1)
  • The Stolen: Two Short Stories
  • Elah's Plaything (Playthings #3)
  • Strollers & Stilettos (In Stilettos, #4)
  • Last Call
  • The Perfect Storm (The Blake Boys, #6)
  • The Demon Bride (The Witching Pen series, #3)
  • The Rebel's Own
  • All You'll Ever Need
  • Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies (Fairy True, #1)
  • Othella (Arcadian Heights, #1)
  • A Taste of Love: Richard (The Drace Brothers #2)
  • Because You Are Mine
  • Strictly Professional (Strictly Professional, #1)
  • Broken (Beyond the Breaking Point, #2)
  • 1/27: An ICoS Anthology
  • Kiss of Fire (St. James Family #2)
  • Oracle (The Seeker Series, #4)
Judge of World's Best Story
Honorable Mention - Readers Favorite 2014 International Book Awards
Best Romance - 2014 Los Angeles Book Festival
Best Romance - 2014 Paris Book Festival
Best Romance - 2014 Hollywood Book Festival
Honorable Mention - 2014 New York Book Festival
Honorable Mention - 2016 New York Book Festival

Readers Favorite Winner

History, art and literature are my passions. I love digging out information abo

A Prayer Series (2 books)
  • A Prayer Heeded (A Prayer Series #2)
“He is like a forbidden fruit, attracting everyone around him into the paradise of pleasure. I know the consequences of trying this fruit, but still, I am tempted to take the risk.” 1 likes
“He is entering through the darkest passage of my heart, without even knocking at the door. A tree of forbidden fruit, walking down close to tempt me.” 1 likes