Start by marking “Percy Jackson's Greek Gods (A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Guide)” as Want to Read:
Percy Jackson's Greek Gods (A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Guide)

Percy Jackson's Greek Gods (Percy Jackson and the Olympians companion book)

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  36,901 Ratings  ·  3,018 Reviews
"A publisher in New York asked me to write down what I know about the Greek gods, and I was like, Can we do this anonymously? Because I don't need the Olympians mad at me again. But if it helps you to know your Greek gods, and survive an encounter with them if they ever show up in your face, then I guess writing all this down will be my good deed for the week." So begins P ...more
Published August 19th 2014 by Disney Hyperion (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Percy Jackson's Greek Gods, please sign up.
Nora yah, i bought hardcover too but it wasnt that heavy. probably cause i didnt really lift it and let it stand or lay instead some of the time.
Olivia I think it is VERY HUGE!!! It took alot of arm strength to carry it!!!

Christine Riccio
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FINISHED THIS AND LOVED IT! Here's my review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBm6K...
Natalie Monroe

Reasons to read Percy Jackson's Greek Gods to your kids (or let them read on their own without any parental censoring):

1. R-rated action

There's rape—in so many forms! Zeus ravaging Demeter as a cobra, Poseidon ravaging Demeter as a horse, Hades kidnapping Demeter...'s daughter, Persephone to be his wife and play footies with under the covers. Actually, throw zoophilia in there too.

And incest! Zeus married his sister, Hera; Hades married his niece; Poseiden bumped uglies with his sister.
Maureen
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SO FLIPPING GOOD!!! Percy is a hilarious narrator, as you would expect, and hearing about the Greek Gods from his perspective is so interesting! I listened to the audiobook and I HIGHLY recommend it!
Note: don't read until you've read PJO and HOO - there are references to those that could be considered spoilers.
Neha
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Pre-Reading Review: (Real Review included below :D)
Do I really need to elaborate how this book will deserve more than 5 stars? Because being a Percy Jackson and basically a Rick Riordan fan, we 'know' how awesome this book is gonna be. But if you really wanna know why, here are some reasons-
1. Book Cover- FANTABULOUS COVER! Seriously, The cover says all! How can you not just get the urge to peek inside a little after seeing the cover of this book?

2. Percy's POV - Percy Jackson, who being a
lucie
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Teacher: Does anyone know something about Greek Mythology?
Me (after reading Percy Jackson's book):

description

I wrote it many times, but one more time: You don't find better book about Greek Mythology than those from Rick Riordan. He should definitely write all text books, because he would turn studying in something you will enjoy. In this book you get to know main Greek Gods in a hilarious way, which can provide only Rick's writing style.

She (Tethys) ended up marrying Oceanus, which was kind of a no-bra
Juliana Zapata
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Me tomó mas tiempo del que creía terminar este libro, a pesar de que tiene como narrador a Percy Jackson que tiene un humor muy fino y una forma de narrar historias cautivadoras, sentí que el libro es muy lento.

Lo primero que hay que decir es que este libro no es una historia en sí, por lo tanto no hay que esperar llegar a algún punto específico o seguir una trama como tal. Este libro son muchas, muchas historias sobre los dioses griegos (como su titulo lo dice), son principalmente cuentos clasi
Urmi  ✨ BookishPixieOfForbiddenForest✨
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to learn about the GREEK MYTHS

My Rating: 4 out of 5 full stars…

Praise for Rick Riordan, the ABSOLUTE MYTH MASTER…

Okay, have you ever wondered who was the Greek god of crops or of the Underworld or of motherhood? Yes, you probably would have. And this book is the perfect one to enlighten you on pretty much about every Greek God in the most comical manner possible. The familiar and the unfamiliar stories of the Greek Immortals are all spiced up
Namratha
Oh, so much fun.

I am an ardent PERCY JACKSON fan. And I don't care if Rick Riordan is milking a cash cow here by spinning out...er....spinoffs.

I will read them all.

Percy Jackson telling the tale of the Greek Gods, or to be more precise, his sincerely powerful and definitely dysfunctional family is pure gold. In vintage Seaweed-Brain style, the treatement of the Gods is irreverent, bordering on cheeky and utterly lacking in blind adulation. Percy tells it like it is.

From Gaia who probably inve
Macarena Yannelli
Adoré este libro. Percy contando las historias de los dioses fue una experiencia en sí. El humor y las referencias a la cultura pop fueron unas de las cosas que más me gustaron.
Reseña completa en Gracias a los Libros.
Cri (PaperbacksandPizza)
English/Italiano

First of all, I have to say I am not a native english speaker so, please, I prefer to not be attacked, if I made any mistakes. Instead of do that, it would be nice if you corrected me, thank you :)

I wrote this review ages ago, but I’m posting it just now because I wrote it in a piece of paper and I, uhm, am a lazy person so I left the review in paper instead of writing it on computer. The reason why I didn’t write it in computer at first is because it got broken (it still is and

Hannah Cook
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is easily the best book of Greek myths ever! It was interesting, I learned a lot, and best of all, it was narrated by PERCY. FREAKING. JACKSON! All the sass we know and love was back and better than ever! Also, THE FUNNY CHAPTER TITLES YESSSS! Words can't describe how much I miss the chapter titles in the Heroes of Olympus!
All the stories in this book were so well put together, which in itself was great, but they were so funny! It's rare I didn't grin really big at least a few times a chap
Julie
Oct 25, 2013 marked it as to-read
So goddamn excited about this it's unreal.
Leahxx
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I haven't laughed so much reading a book in a while. This was so refreshing. I love Rick Riordan, and Percy obviously haha
Carlos.
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Han pasado ochenta mil años pero por fin he conseguido terminar este libro. Y mirad que me duele darle esta puntuación a Rick Riordan, pero es que ha sido un coñazo.

No sé, yo cuando leo un libro de este señor espero que sea algo ameno, ligero y que me haga reír. Pero este libro era torrentes y torrentes de información que ni siquiera era gracioso. Creo que sobran muchas cosas en este libro, idk. Que a ver sé que no es una novela como tal (ni esperaba que lo fuera leyéndola) pero le falta ritmo.
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
Vale, pues esto lo acabé de leer hace unos tres días, pero se me había olvidado actualizar Goodreads, así que aquí va la reseña :)

¿Cuándo un libro de Rick Riordan me ha decepcionado? NUNCA. Es decir, creo que no puede haber algo mejor, más gracioso y más divertido de leer que los mitos griegos clásicos contados por Percy Jackson y sus habituales sarcasmo e ironía en un punto perfecto. Yo soy una sucker para todo lo relacionado con mitología y, por lo tanto, estoy muy enterada de los mitos y sé e
Marija
Already giving it 5 stars because I read the first chapter and it's hilarious xD You're going to love this so much.

http://chbwiki.tumblr.com/post/801278... (Introduction)
http://chbwiki.tumblr.com/post/801308... ( I )
http://chbwiki.tumblr.com/post/801311... ( II )
Anne Goldschrift
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wäre es nicht in dieser schrecklichen Möchtegern - Jugendsprache geschrieben worden, wäre es ein glattes 5* Buch gewesen. Aber so MUSS ich 1* abziehen! :"(
Sara
I've read all the Percy Jackson books, and the Heroes of Olympus series, so thought I'd enjoy this. I did.

Rick Riordan took on a mammoth task in compiling this book, with so many myths and legends surrounding Greek mythology. This is a great introduction to the twelve main Gods of Olympus for middle school children, with enough of the gore and violence left in to keep it interesting. By managing to stick solely to the main Gods, Riordan manages to keep the stories within the book on track, with
Anna
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, half-stars
By the gods, I missed Percy's narrative so much that starting this book I almost physically started hurting from the rainbows that developed in my tummy. I pretty much loved The Heroes of Olympus, but third POV just didn't suit Percy at all and I think he missed some of his magic that way.

Seriously, could you imagine this:
"...First I'll tell you how the world got made. Then I'll run down a list of gods and give you my two cents about each of them. I just hope I don't make them so mad they incin
Hannah
I NEED THIS. RIGHT THIS INSTANT. SERIOUSLY. MY HANDS ARE WAITING FOR YOUR CERTAIN HEAVINESS, BOOK.
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
It's been a while since I've laughed this hard while reading! I simply adored reading from Percy's POV again. In fact, I might need to find some time to reread all the PJO books! John's illustrations were gorgeous as well--especially the ones for Demeter, Hephaestus and Ares.
Nabila
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So, Rick Riordan strikes again. I knew it would be awesome but what I didn't know that it would be this AWESOME! And after a long time we got the whole package of Percy. Greek mythology always enchants me, but after reading this book, I am totally blown-away! It's just an epic masterpiece! I just gulped it! :D And the illustrations! They are just mind- blowing! Percy should write more often from now. It was a really really pleasant reading. I wish all my text books were written in this way.
Eric Boot
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Percy Jackson-world is my second favourite book world of all time (after Harry Potter) and it was so fantastic to read this book. Greek mythology is one of my interests I'd probably make my job of. I learn classical Greek in school, which also teaches us about myths and gods so YES THIS WAS MY CUP OF TEA! I HAVE TO RE-READ PERCY JACKSON QUICKLY!
Rusty Grey
Rick Riordan's short story collections have made me fall in love with short stories again . Only if all other were this entertaining and funny .
Zenki the Hermit
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have been taken to a whole new level of story-telling. I think it's a witty way to share the stories and legends of Greek myth because really. Who would want to suffer oldies like Edith Hamilton's Greek Mythology? Kidding.

This is a great way to encourage a lot of people, especially children, to be aware of Greece's history and beliefs. This book hits two birds with one stone by being both educational and entertaining. A very impressive publication, Uncle Rick!

Also... Yay! Percy! A relief afte
Miss Book
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads, fantasy
“You're already married!" Hera protested. "To me!"
"Curses!" said Zeus. "Er, I mean, of course, dear.”

4.75
This was so good! I was always fascinated by Greek myths, but from Percy's POV the story gets even better. There was so much that I learned. And of course the humor and all modern day references were on point.
Mentioning little details from the PJO and HOO just warmed my heart and made me realize how much I missed this world and the characters. However,some of them might be considered spoiler
Iliana Simeonova
Да съм казвала, че обожавам Рик Риърдън и че Пърси е мечтания ми полубог. Няма как да не съм го казвала и сигурно вече се повтарям за 100 път. Но хора това е положението. Как по-точно да не се увлечеш от начина на писане на Риърдън или как да не се влюбиш в хумора и смелостта на Пърси. В тази книги Пърси бе само в ролята на разказвач, но неговото чувство за хумор присъстваше навсякъде, той бе незаменима част от цялата история.
Знаете ли какво Пърси може да е реален и да си седял удобно с пица в
Rebecca
My original review was deleted. This is because its an absolute trashy-fangirly mess written when I was 14! I may come to read this later and review it critically.
Pranta Ghosh Dastider
You know my buddy Percy Jackson, right? If you don't, then a big WHAT for you. Go and know him already.

You might not know me. I am but a human friend of Percy. My name is Jersey Faction. I live in Boston. Happy with my mom and dad (they are both human btw! No gods were involved in the conspiracy of bringing me to Earth. Lucky me!) . I don't go to school (I just read at home. No curriculum studies or such bullshit, only fiction. Hey! don't complain. I am a fiction myself, so I am allowed to be a
Favorite God/Goddess 19 46 Aug 08, 2018 09:32PM
Percy Jackson's Greek Gods 1 5 Oct 25, 2017 05:01AM
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review- Percy Jackson's Greek Gods 1 2 Aug 21, 2017 10:36PM
Find Your Freedom: Who Are Your Favorite Characters? 12 11 Jun 06, 2017 07:37AM
Find Your Freedom: Which God/Goddess Is Your Favorite? 5 9 May 17, 2017 05:03AM
percy jackson series 1 1 Apr 25, 2017 08:16AM
  • Ash Mistry and the City of Death (Ash Mistry Chronicles, #2)
  • Leave the Window Open (The Archived, #2.5)
  • Poseidon: Earth Shaker (Olympians, #5)
  • The Select (Seven Wonders, #0.5)
  • The Forgotten Ones (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #6)
  • Pandora Gets Greedy (Mythic Misadventures #6)
  • The Syndrome (Kingdom Keepers, #7.5)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 2 (The Rift, #2)
  • Zeus Grants Stupid Wishes: A No-Bullshit Guide to World Mythology
  • The Unofficial Heroes of Olympus Companion: Gods, Monsters, Myths and What's in Store for Jason, Piper and Leo
  • The Adventure of the Yellow Face (The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, #2)
  • Tales of the Greek Heroes: Retold From the Ancient Authors
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • Odin's Ravens (The Blackwell Pages, #2)
  • Crazy Jack

More about Rick Riordan

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • The Lotterys Plus One
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
“I wake up every morning and think: You know what would be good today? Not dying.” 102 likes
“So Aphrodite married Hephaestus and the celebrity ship Aphrophaestus completely dominated Olympian tabloid news for like a thousand years. Did they live happily ever after? HAHAHAHAHA. No.” 95 likes