Start by marking “Percy Jackson's Greek Gods” as Want to Read:
Percy Jackson's Greek Gods

Percy Jackson's Greek Gods

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians #companion book)

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  53,640 ratings  ·  3,766 reviews
"A publisher in New York asked me to write down what I know about the Greek gods, and I was like, Can we do this anonymously? Because I don't need the Olympians mad at me again. But if it helps you to know your Greek gods, and survive an encounter with them if they ever show up in your face, then I guess writing all this down will be my good deed for the week." So begins P ...more
Published August 19th 2014 by Disney Hyperion (first published January 1st 2014)

·  53,640 ratings  ·  3,766 reviews

Start your review of Percy Jackson's Greek Gods
Christine Riccio
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FINISHED THIS AND LOVED IT! Here's my review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBm6K... ...more
Natalie Monroe

Reasons to read Percy Jackson's Greek Gods to your kids (or let them read on their own without any parental censoring):

1. R-rated action

There's rape—in so many forms! Zeus ravaging Demeter as a cobra, Poseidon ravaging Demeter as a horse, Hades kidnapping Demeter...'s daughter, Persephone to be his wife and play footies with under the covers. Actually, throw zoophilia in there too.

And incest! Zeus married his sister, Hera; Hades married his niece; Poseiden bumped uglies with his sister.
MischaS_
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cannot-wait, english, pb
I love Rick Riordan; he just has a gift that anything he writes is very readable. I liked this book, as well.

However, I do have pretty good knowledge of Greek mythology; I sometimes found this slightly dull. Still, it got the Percy Jackson vibes to the writing and everything. So, I would say that overall, this is 3 and a half stars for me.
Maureen
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SO FLIPPING GOOD!!! Percy is a hilarious narrator, as you would expect, and hearing about the Greek Gods from his perspective is so interesting! I listened to the audiobook and I HIGHLY recommend it!
Note: don't read until you've read PJO and HOO - there are references to those that could be considered spoilers.
theburqaavenger➹
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Percy please be my teacher please please please please please please pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
lucie
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Teacher: Does anyone know something about Greek Mythology?
Me (after reading Percy Jackson's book):

description

I wrote it many times, but one more time: You don't find better book about Greek Mythology than those from Rick Riordan. He should definitely write all text books, because he would turn studying in something you will enjoy. In this book you get to know main Greek Gods in a hilarious way, which can provide only Rick's writing style.

She (Tethys) ended up marrying Oceanus, which was kind of a no-
Neha
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Pre-Reading Review: (Real Review included below :D)
Do I really need to elaborate how this book will deserve more than 5 stars? Because being a Percy Jackson and basically a Rick Riordan fan, we 'know' how awesome this book is gonna be. But if you really wanna know why, here are some reasons-
1. Book Cover- FANTABULOUS COVER! Seriously, The cover says all! How can you not just get the urge to peek inside a little after seeing the cover of this book?

2. Percy's POV - Percy Jackson, who being
Shruti
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-series
I was first introduced to Percy Jackson over eight years ago and my love for this series and Rick Riordan has only grown over the years. When Rick Riordan announced that these books were finally getting their own series, I sobbed and jumped in joy. These books and these characters mean so much to me!!

I was determined to reread the entire series but a few moments later, the idea seemed slightly daunting. And then my gaze landed on this book in my bookshelf and I realized that even though I'd bou
Kerri
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
I didn't connect with this at all. The humour that I enjoy in the Percy Jackson books just bugged me in this. I guess I like my mythology to be a little more serious. Before long I was having to grit my teeth a little as I pushed through and I was relieved when I finally finished it.

The insert of artwork by John Rocco were gorgeous. I may buy the larger, full-colour version of this, as I feel more of his art would elevate the book for me.
Namratha
Oh, so much fun.

I am an ardent PERCY JACKSON fan. And I don't care if Rick Riordan is milking a cash cow here by spinning out...er....spinoffs.

I will read them all.

Percy Jackson telling the tale of the Greek Gods, or to be more precise, his sincerely powerful and definitely dysfunctional family is pure gold. In vintage Seaweed-Brain style, the treatement of the Gods is irreverent, bordering on cheeky and utterly lacking in blind adulation. Percy tells it like it is.

From Gaia who probably inve
Hannah Cook
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is easily the best book of Greek myths ever! It was interesting, I learned a lot, and best of all, it was narrated by PERCY. FREAKING. JACKSON! All the sass we know and love was back and better than ever! Also, THE FUNNY CHAPTER TITLES YESSSS! Words can't describe how much I miss the chapter titles in the Heroes of Olympus!
All the stories in this book were so well put together, which in itself was great, but they were so funny! It's rare I didn't grin really big at least a few times a chap
Cris
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
English/Italiano

First of all, I have to say I am not a native english speaker so, please, I prefer to not be attacked, if I made any mistakes. Instead of do that, it would be nice if you corrected me, thank you :)

I wrote this review ages ago, but I’m posting it just now because I wrote it in a piece of paper and I, uhm, am a lazy person so I left the review in paper instead of writing it on computer. The reason why I didn’t write it in computer at first is because it got broken (it still is and

Leahxx
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I haven't laughed so much reading a book in a while. This was so refreshing. I love Rick Riordan, and Percy obviously haha
Julie
Oct 25, 2013 marked it as to-read
So goddamn excited about this it's unreal.
Sara
I've read all the Percy Jackson books, and the Heroes of Olympus series, so thought I'd enjoy this. I did.

Rick Riordan took on a mammoth task in compiling this book, with so many myths and legends surrounding Greek mythology. This is a great introduction to the twelve main Gods of Olympus for middle school children, with enough of the gore and violence left in to keep it interesting. By managing to stick solely to the main Gods, Riordan manages to keep the stories within the book on track, with
Marija
Already giving it 5 stars because I read the first chapter and it's hilarious xD You're going to love this so much.

http://chbwiki.tumblr.com/post/801278... (Introduction)
http://chbwiki.tumblr.com/post/801308... ( I )
http://chbwiki.tumblr.com/post/801311... ( II )
Stella❤️ 孔凡星
This book was very informative (I learned so much!) but was also fun to read and had a lot of the distinctive Percy Jackson writing style from the original series.
Ryan Buckby
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I wake up every morning and think: You know what would be good today? Not dying.

I really liked this novella about the greek gods because i got to learn even more about then than i can in the main series and having Percy narrate this is even better.

One thing that i really enjoy about these books is how much history that Rick has gone through to make sure these are as accurate as they can possibly be for a middle grade series and it always makes these books more than just learning. Hestia, Demet
Anna
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: half-stars, favorites
By the gods, I missed Percy's narrative so much that starting this book I almost physically started hurting from the rainbows that developed in my tummy. I pretty much loved The Heroes of Olympus, but third POV just didn't suit Percy at all and I think he missed some of his magic that way.

Seriously, could you imagine this:
"...First I'll tell you how the world got made. Then I'll run down a list of gods and give you my two cents about each of them. I just hope I don't make them so mad they inc
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
It's been a while since I've laughed this hard while reading! I simply adored reading from Percy's POV again. In fact, I might need to find some time to reread all the PJO books! John's illustrations were gorgeous as well--especially the ones for Demeter, Hephaestus and Ares.
Miss Book
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads, fantasy
“You're already married!" Hera protested. "To me!"
"Curses!" said Zeus. "Er, I mean, of course, dear.”

4.75
This was so good! I was always fascinated by Greek myths, but from Percy's POV the story gets even better. There was so much that I learned. And of course the humor and all modern day references were on point.
Mentioning little details from the PJO and HOO just warmed my heart and made me realize how much I missed this world and the characters. However,some of them might be considered spoiler
Nabila
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So, Rick Riordan strikes again. I knew it would be awesome but what I didn't know that it would be this AWESOME! And after a long time we got the whole package of Percy. Greek mythology always enchants me, but after reading this book, I am totally blown-away! It's just an epic masterpiece! I just gulped it! :D And the illustrations! They are just mind- blowing! Percy should write more often from now. It was a really really pleasant reading. I wish all my text books were written in this way.
Eric Boot
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Percy Jackson-world is my second favourite book world of all time (after Harry Potter) and it was so fantastic to read this book. Greek mythology is one of my interests I'd probably make my job of. I learn classical Greek in school, which also teaches us about myths and gods so YES THIS WAS MY CUP OF TEA! I HAVE TO RE-READ PERCY JACKSON QUICKLY!
Rusty Grey
Rick Riordan's short story collections have made me fall in love with short stories again . Only if all other were this entertaining and funny .
Erth
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent book! It was filled with all of the familiar elements of the Greek mythology, but with the hilarious Percy Jackson narrating, it's stuffed to the rim with modern and funny comments and side notes to keep up the interesting factor up a through the whole book. I actually was a little sceptical about downloading it because I know all the myths by Heart. But this book tells them in a completely different view. So even if you know all of the myths, this book will tell them in a ...more
Zenki the Hermit
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have been taken to a whole new level of story-telling. I think it's a witty way to share the stories and legends of Greek myth because really. Who would want to suffer oldies like Edith Hamilton's Greek Mythology? Kidding.

This is a great way to encourage a lot of people, especially children, to be aware of Greece's history and beliefs. This book hits two birds with one stone by being both educational and entertaining. A very impressive publication, Uncle Rick!

Also... Yay! Percy! A relief afte
Rebecca
My original review was deleted. This is because its an absolute trashy-fangirly mess written when I was 14! I may come to read this later and review it critically.
Sesana
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, mythology
The major Greek gods, as described by Percy Jackson. Sounded good to me! I expected Percy's trademark snark, and I got plenty of that. I didn't expect it to be so detailed. I probably should have. I've never known Riordan to skimp on the research. I guess I just didn't realize how big this book would be: 300+ pages in a large-scale book. Sure, it's illustrated, but not heavily. I'm surprised to note that this is one of the most informative books of Greek myths I've ever read. Obviously, Annabeth ...more
Mariah
3.5 Mythology made kid friendly (not denying the rape and murder, just making it less explicit while still calling it out) with that trademark Percy humor.
Favorite God/Goddess 27 66 Jun 18, 2020 09:36AM
Percy Jackson's Greek Gods 1 7 Oct 25, 2017 05:01AM
percy jackson series 1 1 Apr 25, 2017 08:16AM

• The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Comic Book for Blood of Olympus
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Percy Jackson
  • The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians: List of Percy Jackson and the Olympians Characters
  • In punta di piedi sull'orizzonte
  • Duel!: Burr and Hamilton's Deadly War of Words
  • House Mouse, Senate Mouse
  • A Very Important Day
  • Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)