Start by marking “Samantha Sanderson At the Movies” as Want to Read:
Samantha Sanderson At the Movies

Samantha Sanderson At the Movies

(Samantha Sanderson #1)

Sam Sanderson is an independent, resourceful, high-tech cheerleader. She dreams of becoming an award-winning journalist like her mother, and so she’s always looking for articles she can publish in her middle-school paper (where she secretly hopes to become editor). And with a police officer for a father, Sam is in no short supply for writing material.

It seemed like the per
Published May 6th 2014 by Zonderkidz

Jerry
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mostly, this was a fun whodunit featuring a likable heroine.

(The only thing I didn't like about it was the oft-repeated expression, "Oh, my gummy bears!" That has to be the worst catchphrase I've heard or read in all my years of consuming entertainment!)
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Sam Sanderson is an independent, resourceful, high-tech cheerleader. She dreams of becoming an award-winning journalist like her mother, and so she s always looking for articles she can publish in her middle-school paper (where she secretly hopes to become editor). And with a police officer for a father, Sam is in no short supply for writing material. It seemed like the perfect opportunity. When an explosive device is found in the local theater, Sam gets the lead on this develo
Alisha L.
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Samantha "Sam" Sanderson dreams of becoming a journalist like her mother. When there is a bomb scare at her local movie theater, Sam finally has the lead on a story for her middle-school newspaper, where she hopes to eventually become chief editor. She thinks this is a story that will help get her there. But the theories and suspicions that Sam writes about of who may have placed the bomb make some people angry and may put Sam in danger. Can Sam solve the mystery?

I really liked “Samantha Sanders
Lynnea
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Samantha Sanderson At the Movies by Robin Caroll was provided to me through the BookSneeze program and Zonderkidz Publishers in exchange for an honest review. This book is part of the FaiThGirLz! series but still would be enjoyed by middle school boys as well.

Samantha Sanderson, or Sam, wants to be a journalist like her mom. She writes for the school newspaper but the editor, Aubrey, doesn't want her on the paper staff. However, when Sam finds a hidden bomb at the movie theater, she is sure she
Kayla M.
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this series! The books in this series, so far three, are great for Christian girls.
See full review here: http://kaylasnotebook.blogspot.com/20...
Zoe Wynns
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A little different than I thought it would be, but very good and intriguing. It made me want to keep reading.
Shiloh
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED IT so much fun to read
Sarah Bailey
I’m going to admit it’s hard for me to read and write a review on a book that is geared toward the pre-teen age however I requested this book as I knew my daughters would probably like it and since it’s hard to find Christian fiction books at the libraries we frequent I thought it would be good to request this one. I really thought Sam was a bit annoying (even my 12 year old thought the same thing) constantly eavesdropping in the name of ‘good reporting’ and not respecting other peoples privacy ...more
Jalynn Patterson
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

When an explosive device is found in the local theater, Sam gets the lead on this developin
Chrissy
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Samantha Sanderson knows that there is only ONE way she can become editor of her school's newspaper and eventually become an international reporting superstar -- just like her mother.

Samantha Sanderson knows that there is only ONE story just juicy enough to capture her young readers, while giving herself adequate practice at the hardcore undercover stuff that will come in handy later....

Someone has left a BOMB at the local movie theatre --- and Samantha is finding clues and suspects everywhere
Jessica
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is book aimed at younger readers, I'd say middle school age (the main character is in 7th grade). I think it's a great new series for girls to read about a strong, smart girl who loves God and has good goals for her future. "Sam" wants to be a reporter like her mom when she is older; For now, she writes for the middle school paper and when she and her best friend are at the movies and help discover a bomb, she gets herself assigned to the story. She investigates on her own, writes her concl ...more
MrsK Books
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sam is a "scoop" artist. With a father as an investigative detective and the added opportunity for Sam to be the lead "reporter" for the school's blog... well you know that Sam will get herself in and out of some "murderous" situations. Many of which is putting pressure on her father and unnerving some students who would like to see her blog "crash and burn." Sam knows that this blog could get her into the running for being the editor next year, so she convinces her father to let her blog the fa ...more
Aimee
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
OK so this book I actually got because I thought it would be really neat, seeing as I teach middle school, to have one of my middle school girls read it to see what their thoughts were. So I did. She said that she liked the book but not necessarily for girls her age. She thought that is was written in a way that would probably be more appealing to younger audiences. She thought that maybe a 5th or 6th grader might like it more.

After reading it myself I completely agree with her. I thought becaus
Terri Harr
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for young people. I have a home preschool and at nap time I read a chapter from a chapter book each day. We read through At The Movies at the end of the school year. I had several children graduating, five going to kindergarten and one going to first grade. They enjoyed me reading it, but part of it were a bit over their heads. I recommend a little older. My 13 year old was also in the room while we read and she enjoyed the story.

It was very well done. It kept you thinking
Rebecca
May 05, 2014 rated it liked it
It is so rare to find good inspirational fiction for pre-teen girls; thankfully Robin Carroll has started to close the gap with her recently released Samantha Sanderson series. "At the Movies" was filled with light suspense and realistic middle school conversations and scenarios that are sure to attract the young adult audience.

When a local theater is threatened with a bomb, Samantha Sanderson uses her school paper and her local connections to scoop out the case. It doesn't hurt that her mother
Lekeisha The Booknerd
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fc-for-review
I absolutely love this book. It’s perfect for tweens and young adults alike. I planned on reading this with my cousin and we’d do a review together, but she had other pressing matters. I got dumped for choir practice and Bible study and I am not mad. However, I did pass the book along to her to read. I just know that she will love it!

Samantha is one cool girl. She wants to be a journalist and what better way to start off than the school paper. She finds a hidden bomb at the movie theater and su
Cindi
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Robin Caroll may be most well-known by fans of Christian fiction for her books that are tense, fast-paced, and full of mystery. This is a much-toned down version of those novels written for tween girls as part of the FaithGirlz series of books published by Zonderkidz.

Sam Sanderson wants to be an investigative journalist more than anything and she sees the opportunity to make her name a household one when she gets the chance to write a series of articles for her school newspaper. When a bomb is f
Courtney Vasiliev
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I read book 2 first and REALLY enjoyed it much to my surprise, so of course I had to get book 1. This is a middle grade series, but I really enjoy it where usually I don't give middle grade books a chance.

Samantha Sanderson is a 7th grader who is a cheerleader and on the school newspaper (She is an aspiring journalist just like her mom). when she catches whim of a bomb at the local movie theater she knows she has to have this story.

A big reason I enjoy these books is because each one
Kim Childress
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun, fast read, about a high tech cheerleader and her best friend Makayla, as they solve mysteries and report in the school paper. Sam wants to be an international news reporter like her mother, and with a police officer for a father, Sam's in no short supply of writing material. But when Sam shares her theories on the crime in her school paper, her life is in danger too! Don't miss this excellent series for girls ages 9-12.
Apr 24, 2014 rated it liked it
SAMANTHA SANDERSON AT THE MOVIES is for tweeners so my tween daughter reviewed it. It started slow, but it did get better at the end. Most of the story was about a bomb, and trying to find a suspect. This one guy in the story was getting threats. This was a mystery/suspense for young adult readers and if you like that genre you might like this book.

Cassandra
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through Book Look Bloggers.

As this is the first book in a series I think it is a wonderful start. My children and I enjoyed it immensely. The story is great from start to finish and this author does a wonderful job of expression and presentation.
Angie J
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Christian middle school girl who wants to become a reporter like her mom. Samantha is working to uncover the mystery of who placed the bomb at the movie theater. As the town detective, her dad is also working to solve that mystery.
Amanda
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
I wasn't too pleased with the attitude of the main character. For a book that's for Christian girls, there are some pretty questionable actions including computer hacking. For full review, see here. http://eagleswingsbooks.blogspot.com/...
Annice22
Borrowed from NetGalley for an honest review.

This was better than I had expected especially for a middle grade book. However, there were times when it was a bit preachy.
Elizabeth Van Tassel
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
This witty, fun-loving tale of Samantha Sanderson on the hunt for clues to solve a mystery is perfect for middle grade girls! Her series is very fun and easy to read, too!
Danielle Johnson
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Exciting and suspenseful, Samantha Sanderson is dying to get a lead article to write for the school newspaper. Great story with appropriate Christian morals for young girls.
Liz
Mar 16, 2015 added it
Shelves: j-chapter-books
My daughter and I read this together. It was very enjoyable!
Debbie
May 09, 2016
Jessica Cook
Jan 13, 2018
louise oluwanoiki
Oct 02, 2017
“I love boxing. I love Hallmark movies. I love fishing. I love scrapbooking. Nope, I've never fit into the boxes people have wanted to put me in.” ~Robin Caroll is definitely a contradiction, but one that beckons you to get to know her better.

Robin’s passion has always been to tell stories to entertain others and come alongside them on their faith journey—aspects Robin weaves into each of her publ

Samantha Sanderson (4 books)
  • Samantha Sanderson On The Scene (Samantha Sanderson #2)
  • Samantha Sanderson Off the Record (Samantha Sanderson #3)
  • Samantha Sanderson Without a Trace (Samantha Sanderson #4)