Start by marking “Saving Our Pennys” as Want to Read:
Saving Our Pennys

Saving Our Pennys

Ever feel like you aren’t getting everything you want out of life? A man on a bus smiles or a stranger exudes happiness and you wonder, why isn’t that me? A child runs giggling across your path and reminds you what pure joy looks like, causing you to stop and ask… where is your joy?

Ever sit in your office or home and feel life is passing you by, or that there is more out
Published February 24th 2014 by Taofish Books

To ask other readers questions about Saving Our Pennys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Our Pennys

Start your review of Saving Our Pennys
Madi Preda
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Madi by: The authors
Saving Our Pennys Saving Our Pennys by Roy Dimond and Jeff Leitch, is a tale of redemption while finding our life guides and mentors in the least expected places.
Set in the fast paced, ultra-busy world of multitasking, schools are an eruption of both heroes and victims. One teacher, feeling overwhelmed, chooses to look beyond himself and seek a mentor, someone to show him another way. But as is the nature of all redemption stories, he must earn the divine and that always leads to the unexpected
Rosie Amber
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Saving our Pennys should be a must read on many people's reading list. It's a book that will teach you about yourself and your life and help you answer a question; "What are you doing with your life here?"

It follows the life of a school teacher as he begins another year of school in the fast lane of life where everyone's goal seems to be getting to the end of term, submitting all the paperwork and just surviving.There is a wonderful analogy of a steam train going full steam ahead to its ultimate
Christine
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. I have been a teacher for 20 years, but I remember the challenges of being a new teacher, trying to keep up with the expectations of the "machine" that is the admin, the school board, and the government. It took me awhile to fully understand that teaching is about relationships...honest interactions with my students. I understood and appreciated the book, because I feel am now at a good place in my teaching practice. It was refreshing and affirming to realize that I am on th ...more
Penney
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Beautifully inspirational, and it speaks to us at a level we can all understand - our jobs, and how to rise above the the bureaucracy. A young teacher is experiencing burnout far too soon. This book is about his journey from burnout to simple joy. An engaging read.
Maureen Crockett
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read. Inspirational.
Nicole Schmidt
Aug 07, 2016
Jan 15, 2020
Joanne
Jan 21, 2020
Roy Dimond lives with his wife in Victoria, British Columbia.

In his first life, Roy had the honor of helping at risk children and their families. In his second life, he pursues his love of travel and writing. Having explored four continents from Cuzco to Kyoto, Santorini to Tsumago, his wanderings have all found a way into his stories.

Roy’s first book is called The Singing Bowl and is out in its S