Start by marking “A Bride's Story, Vol. 6 (A Bride's Story, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Bride's Story, Vol. 6 (A Bride's Story, #6)

A Bride's Story, Vol. 6

(A Bride's Story #6)

In the year since his marriage, Karluk has grown a good deal, but Amir can't help but feel overprotective of her much younger husband. Karluk wants nothing more than to prove that he can be a strong and competent man--and he may soon have the opportunity to prove just that. Desperate for land to feed their flocks, Amir's former tribe prepares to attack the village with a f ...more
Published October 28th 2014 by Yen Press (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Bride's Story, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bride's Story, Vol. 6

Sesana
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Returning to Amir was a good choice. She's definitely my favorite of the brides, and her story is the most interesting to me. This volume brings up the conflict with her family again, and quite possibly settles it. There's a rather unusual amount of action, much more than I would have ever expected to see in this book. I don't really think of Kaoru Mori as being a creator of action-oriented manga, and she did a pretty good job here.
David Schaafsma
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Back to Amir-Karluk story from volume 2, which is a pretty great story, as Amir takes care of the younger (and still child) Karluk. Meticulously crafted and researched, which is apparently why it takes so long for them to come out compared to other manga. Historical fiction comics at its finest, with gorgeous period (Silk Road, nineteenth century) drawings.
Elizabeth A
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, graphix, kids-ya
Horses, Camels, Cannons, Oh My!

I was delighted to get back the Amir-Karluk story line. They are both a year older, but Amir, who is my fave bride in this series, continues to mother her young husband, though he chafes against it. I'm a man! Anyone who actually says that clearly isn't though, is he? Smile. The art continues to be gorgeous and meticulously sets the scene for this historical manga series. I docked a star because while I understand that war is a part of life, I wasn't as interested
Hannah
After a very long series of segues during Mr. Smith's travels, the story focus finally returns to Amir and Karluk. I was so relieved to see them again!

I definitely prefer the stories that focus on their village and extended family. Unfortunately, this is only a brief stop as the next volume, A Bride's Story, Vol. 7, goes off the rails with completely new characters all over again.

The art and level of detail in costuming is gorgeous as usual.
Amy
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my favourite volume so far, as it's my favourite couple appearance, Amir and Karluk. I totally fall in love with Azel, he's a nice brother. He seemed to be quite harsh at first, acting upon his father's command, but this volume reveals his soft-side, swoon-worthy. 4 stars!
Rod Brown
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This series continues to amaze. Another great chapter with Amir and her child groom Karluk, featuring plenty of action. Katniss Everdeen has nothing on Amir, especially when it comes to archery.
Heidi Burkhart
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great volume in this series. There was a large battle between clans, which disturbed me, but it really did add to the story and character development. I can hardly wait to read volume 7. The author gave readers a sneak peek of a few characters that she will be weaving back into the story. Hurrah!
Kathleen
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a gorgeous series, full of beautifully rendered textiles and emotions both! It's a great look at a culture hardly recognized in either Japan or America.
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Welcome back to A Bride's Story by Kaoru Mori. After such sad tales involving Amir, Talas (oh God Talas), and some other unfortunate brides, you'd think this author would continue in the happy vein of the twin brides Laila and Leily, because that story was almost unbearably cute! Of course we want to see more of that!

Throughout the ever-gorgeous landscapes Mori draws (even the sand looks goddamn lovely), we head back to Amir & Karluk's village, a peaceful little town that's about to be flatt
Mike
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
While A Bride's Story is a slice of life manga, this volume directly builds off of events and characters from earlier in the series. Much better to start reading with volume 1.

** This review contains mild spoilers. **

After an opening chapter featuring the differing ways Amir and Karluk react to the passage of time, the remainder of this collection features the ongoing conflict between Amir's current and former homes. There are no easy answers, hard (and poor) decisions made, and great cost. Ther
Brie
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Volume 6 shows that Karluk has grown physically in the year he and Amir have been married, but he feels he isn't really taken seriously as a strong husband yet. Since he is so much younger, Amir worries after him, and he just wants to prove his worth as a man.

Amir's birth clan has struck a deal with another clan, the Badan, that has ties with the Russians. Azel and the cousins, Joruk and Baimat, don't really agree on the elders' decision to invade Karluk's village to steal their land and Amir.
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Some spoilers.

This volume was more action packed than previous volumes. It picks up the story line of Amir's family introduced in vol. 2. There is a great battle between different clans as 2 join forces to try to steal land from another, even though there are married relations between the clans. Then one clan tricks the other and turns on them. A lot of people die. Thankfully. Amir and Karluk make it through alive, but not unscathed. Amir's brothers prove themselves the true heroes. Amir's fath
Majo
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
¡Y volvemos a la acción!

En este tomo retomamos al clan Hagal (o Hergal, como diablos sea…) y sus alianza con los Batan. (view spoiler)
Julie
Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

It's not just that these books are beautiful. It's not just that the romance/relationship stories are so endearing. No, now Kaoru Mori has made me totally love characters I didn't even like before! This volume is partly about Amir's brothers, who are caught in the middle of Amir's father's politics. I don't know how long this series goes but I'm in for the long haul!
Lizzie Darcy
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Me sigue fascinando esta historia y amo cómo dibuja Kaoru Mori!
Winna
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seru banget!
Kathleen
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So Kaoru Mori is also responsible for Victorian Romance Emma, an anime I loved (and a manga I have not yet read but definitely will after this). A Bride's Story is set along the Silk Road in the nineteenth century and it is amazing.

The eponymous bride, Amir, is only in about half of the volumes; the rest split off and follow an English anthropologist named Mr. Smith as he tries to get home. After the first two volumes it becomes very slice-of-life, which honestly I prefer; it lets Mori show off
Anniken Haga
This book — book 6 in this series — focus on Karluk and Amir — which I'm really happy about 'cause I really like these two! It's kind of ridiculus how much I care for them. You should have seen my face as I read this album, grimacing and smiling and gaping in fear.

So yeah, as you may guess, there's a lot going on in this book. One thing is that it's been a year since book 1 and howbthe relationship and characters have grown. Another thing is how the world is changing.

So yeah. A great book/comic
Dbgirl
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm glad Kaoru Mori tells about Amira and her villagers again. I just didn't like the war situation here because it doesn't interest me, especially because it was hard to "read" the action scenes because everything is looking so messy. Storywise I can understand why there was a war and am liking the situation, it's tragic and makes me liking Amira and others even more than before. War just isn't my thing to read about. Still, a good story.
Kassilem
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-read-gns
I love this series. It's slow but beautiful because of that. I've come to really enjoy these characters. And I say this every time but the artwork is just fantastic. This series is going to spoil me on the artwork side of it. I will never look at graphic novel art the same way again. This volume starts with a lot of character development and then moves into action and suspense. The series is definitely worth a read.
Catherine
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, graphic
The story in this book moves back to the main characters, but takes a different turn as Amir's clan, the Halgal, decide to get their revenge & attack the town not to reclaim Amir but to destroy the town & take the land. This episode was more of an adventure story which made for an interesting change of pace
Rahmah
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, my-own, kaoru-mori
I'm so deg-degan read this vol. ><
Suwerr deh, keren penggambaran perang, kuda, dan Azernya hiyahahaha XD
Kayaknya Azer emang udah merestui hubugan Amira dan Karluk. Buktinya dia mau nolongin Karluk yg diserang sama bapaknya *tapi kalah cepat sama Amira*. Kasihan juga sih ayahnya Amira meninggal, tapi ucapannya memang orang yang nggak menyerah 'balas dendam' sampai akhir ^^;;
Sharon
I wish we'd seen more of Amir in this, and I missed slower, day-to-day focus earlier volumes had, but this was still a nice change of pace, and a strong conclusion to Amir's story. (I still want more)
Arsenic
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangas, mes-livres
Un tome avec beaucoup d'action et je ne pensais pas mais l'auteur s'en sort vraiment bien. J'ai bien aimé qu'on voit cet aspect de conflit même si tout était assez previsible.
Le frère d'Amir est classe et est un perso très intéressant. J'espère qu'on le reverra dans le futur !
Sarah - Exploring All Genres
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Selvianty Selvianty
AZEL! dang how did she draw so beautifully. More conflict for Amir here
Michael Prier
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was nice catching up, but it seemed like another story. Nothing new happened.
Pamela
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-to-buy, manga
Actual rating: 4.5

Hana Eka
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kakak laki-laki Amira yang sangat laki!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Good volume.
  • Vinland Saga, Omnibus 2
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Volume 2 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #2)
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 2 (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • Barefoot Gen, Volume Nine: Breaking Down Borders
  • よつばと! 12 (Yotsuba&! #12)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 008 (Pluto, #8)
Kaoru Mori (森 薫) is a mangaka best known for her series "Emma". Many of her stories are set in Britain and center on characters who are maids.

A Bride's Story (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 (A Bride's Story, #1)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 2 (A Bride's Story, #2)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 3 (A Bride's Story, #3)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 4 (A Bride's Story, #4)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 5 (A Bride's Story, #5)
  • 乙嫁語り 7 (Otoyomegatari, #7)
  • 乙嫁語り 8 (Otoyomegatari, #8)
  • 乙嫁語り 9 (Otoyomegatari, #9)
  • 乙嫁語り 10 (Otoyomegatari, #10)
  • 乙嫁語り 11