Start by marking “How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with You” as Want to Read:
How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with You

How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with You

Seventeen-year-old Oliver Wendell Holmes (Yes, his parents are just that peculiar, but his brother’s name is Sherlock, so it could have been worse) knows that he’s different. He’s quirky, awkward, and he’s okay with that. Oliver also likes making lists—meticulous procedures for achieving his goals, step-by-step. Whether it’s “How to Get an A in Chemistry” or “How to Get Ac ...more
Published June 12th 2014 by The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House (first published June 10th 2014)

Be the first to ask a question about How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with You

Kathie (katmom)
HAPPY RELEASE DAY!!!
I loved loved LOVED this book. There's a giveaway at the blog today, too.

Took me a while to write this review...because I wanted to find the best words to use to sum up how wonderful this book is.

I can't tell you how many times I laughed, right out loud. I was constantly nodding my head at the situations these teenage characters found themselves in. I have a daughter in high school drama...and this reads REAL.

Oliver and his lists. I loved them. He had plans for everything, i
Tropical Sorbet
Shelves: young-adult

Oliver Wendell Holmes set out to get Ainsley Bishop to fall in love with him. I won’t tell you if he succeeded, but I will tell you he stole my heart. When it comes to reading I’m like Goldilocks, the story has to be just right. It can’t be too angsty or too fluffy, not to to mention a pretty long list of other pet peeves that I won’t even get into.

The midway point is generally where I lose interest. Many authors use filler to get to the end. I've almost come to expect it. So last night when I
Packy Pie
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOSH!

Where do I begin with this book? First of all, a lovely, well deserved 5 STARS to T.M. Franklin for presenting one of the most darling books I'll read this year. It was definitely a remarkable story that draws you into such an intimate parallel with the characters (yes, I said characterS... plural, which I'll touch on that in a bit)that it leaves you not wanting to put it down.

Oliver Wendell Holmes speaks for every awkward high schooler, who isn't deemed good enough to hang with the
Funmbi
Wennie
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Wennie by: http://www.tmfranklin.com/index.php/b...
Shelves: keepers
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED READ!

Perfect for teenagers and the young-at-heart.
An advanced copy was provided via NetGalley in lieu of an honest review.

I fell in love ... yes, I did ... I fell in love with Oliver. I am enchanted and thoroughly enamored.

Oliver is a bright (A student) high school student. He is very well versed in computers and gaming, has a best friend, Viney, volunteers at a retirement home, and oh, he loves to make lists. For anyone who gets the satisfaction of seeing a check mark agai
Sydney Logan
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Monique Morris
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review

4/5 stars

I LOVED this book!
Oliver is such an easy character to relate to. I'm sure we all have weird quirks and insecurities just like him. I was so happy with the banter between all the characters that I didn't even notice when I was almost finished with the book. It was that good!

I think my favorite characters would have to be Viney. I don't think the book would've been that amazing without him. I have a thing for supportive friends that know
Carolamex
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-read
What a fantastic first YA debut novel by the always fabulous T.M. Franklin.
This is the story of Oliver, who is a bit nerdy, a bit shy, a bit funny but all kinds of adorable and good. Oliver is for sure the kind of boy I hope my daughters bump into in life because he is one of the good ones. Actually, scratch that, he is a GREAT one.
He is loving, sweet, encouraging, ambitious, funny, mature but at the same time a kid that still needs his family and friend ( even if his friends are a teenager tha
AnnMarie
I completely loved this story!

Adorable, engaging, realistic, heartwarming. There was not one thing that happened that I didn't love. And that is a rarity for me, I am not a fan of YA. I am just to old to get on board with teenage angst, over the top drama, situations beyond youth reality, and the dreaded "misunderstanding" story line. I always find myself thinking, in what reality do theses things happen. Certainly not mine.

How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love With You was a story of teenag
M.B.
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Thank you to Netgalley and TWCS for giving me the opportunity to advance read this book***

I'm a HUGE fan of T. M. Franklin, and when this book became available on netgalley, I snapped it up! Then, I got bogged down and completely forgot about it. Until yesterday... I started it late in the evening and finished it this morning. I think, overall, it took me about 6 hours to fly through this story.

Firstly... any book where a character is called Sherlock Holmes should be read by anyone. Especially
Liz Mondaine
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of an advanced copy of How To Get Ainsley Bishop To Fall In Love With You, I can’t even begin to tell you how much I loved this book. It is the epitome of everything that I fell in love with when I first started reading young adult fiction. I feel like Ainsley is one of those books that I will purchase and put up on the shelf to pass to my own girls. T.M. Franklin has such a gifted voice; she can take you from laughter to tears to laughing so hard you’re nearly crying.

Oliver
Chele
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading this wonderful story.
The story is told from Oliver's point of view .He's great.
He is a teenage boy who likes to make lists.He sets a goal and checks things off as he accomplishes them.
Ainsley Bishop is his new goal.
Come along and join Oliver as he navigates this thing we call life and see if he can
get Ainsley Bishop to fall in love with him.
Real and believable characters that will draw you in and keep you there.The point of view from this story is an unique one for me
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can I give this 100 stars??? One of the best books I have read this year, without a doubt. I loved nerdy Oliver and his lists, Ainsley and her quirky tennis shoes, Oliver's brilliant family, and the characters of Viney and Hank were just perfect. I laughed out loud, almost cried, and definitely cheered a few times during Oliver's journey to win Ainsley's heart. This is just perfection wrapped up in an oddly shaped box with a boy band CD inside. Buy this book!
Mari
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enojoyed it. Oliver was great and his family very cool and supportive even though there were problems like in every family.
Sm
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
so cute - had me giggling throughout and I loved Oliver's lists!
Brigitte
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I was given an arc copy of this book. I LOVED it. It brought back so many memories from my high school days. It was a great story, strong writing and great characters.
Evie Thomas
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First, I have a confession to make. I first learned about T.M.Franklin via a release party by another author where I won a great SWAG package. I received my wonderful coffee mug, bookmarks, and button (that were properly stolen by the teenagers in my home) which prompted me to purchase the book. My only regret is that I had not read it sooner.

*Contains Spoilers *
When I read the summary of “How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with You”, I thought “Cute…typical boy meets girl romance”. Boy,
Nicole Hewitt
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review and many others can be found on my blog - Feed Your Fiction Addiction

How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with You was exactly what I was expecting it to be - a light, sweet YA romance that hit all the right notes. Since I really enjoyed Franklin's other books (the first two books in the MORE series), I was eager to get my hands on this one. I wasn't disappointed!

The synopsis describes the book pretty well, so I'll just get right to my review.

What I loved:

Oliver's lists.
I reall
Bibliojunkies
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you’re in the mood for something quirky then pick this! Ainsley Bishop is a witty, funny, engaging and cleverly written story about a very geeky and slightly awkward guy who’s in love with a girl who he doesn’t think notices him. He devises a plan to get closer to her and ropes in his best friend Viney to assist him. And as these things go, some things go according to plan while a few surprises lay ahead.

Oliver is one of my favourite protagonists. He has a clear head on his shoulders and is i
Denise Leora Leora
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In high school, I had a terrible three-year crush on a guy we’ll call “John.” Though unrequited, my epic crush on John prompted me to do things like spell his name in syrup atop my pancakes, memorize his volleyball serving technique (ten ball bounces then two steps forward), and spend the first weeks of post-freshman year summer break dissecting his cryptic message in my yearbook. But for all the energy spent loving John from afar, I never thought to put my brain to good use and draft a list of ...more
Kim
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

I hate referring to a book as "cute." I just do. I don't want the author to think I'm demeaning their work or dismissing them in any way and cute just has that connotation in my mind. I could look up a thousand synonyms to use to describe How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love With You, but the fact is, it's a cute book... and I mean that in an entirely positive way.

The characters were charming. I just wanted to squeeze Oliver's nerdy, ridicul
Linda
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute story of first love and how one of the school's smart, somewhat nerdy guys goes about getting the girl. Honestly, I found Oliver to be sweet and there is nothing wrong with lists....I use them myself for planning purposes.

Oliver has had a crush on Ainsley Bishop for like forever, and finally decides to do something about it. Unlike most guys, he's a planner and likes to use lists for everything. The problem? He isn't just a normal teenager. He's smart, nice, and not one of the po
Aditi ~ •A Thousand Words A Million Books
REVIEW+ GUEST POST+ GIVEAWAY ON: htpp://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in

**I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review:**

This is the CUTEST book I’ve read ever since I flipped open my first Meg Cabot book (think Teen Idol), all those years ago!

Well, I’m not going to go into the actual story line of this book- there is just no fun. (What would be the point of me telling you this happens and then that?) I am, however, going to talk about the brilliant characters!

Thi
Sandi Layne
T.M. Franklin has written a charming, involving, adorable story about an imaginative, methodical teenage boy with goals, dreams, and the determination to make them happen.

My first feeling after reading this fantastic YA is that EVERY girl should have someone like Oliver at some point in their lives. Someone who cares enough about them to be purposeful in getting to know them. Sure, Oliver has a list—I myself am a firm believer in using lists for projects—but he makes lists because things matter
Jazmen
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
While I was reading this book I literally could not stop smiling. It was giving me all the Anna and The French Kiss feels because of it's distinct non-cliche love story qualities.

How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in love with you is a the type of love story everyday people can relate to because it's not bogged down with unrealistic portrayals of men that could only possibly exist in novels. There are no distinct boy smells, or cliche banter between characters.

It's realistic in all the right ways
Rachel Barnard
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
High Schooler Oliver is a nerd. He's a list-maker and a straight-A student. And he wants to win over the lovely Ainsley. Using advice from his family and friends as well as his sure-to-succeed list, Oliver attempts to win Ainsley over. The only problem is that she already has a boyfriend!

Boys will be boys… Wrong! Oliver broke that mold completely. He is sensitive and thoughtful and adorably awkward. Girls won't always be girls either because Ainsley appears to be shallow at first, but as Oliver
Zee Monodee
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Absolutely cute! I have no other way to describe this book. It was so refreshing, and novel, to see a YA written from the perspective of a guy, you know. Made for some definite awkward and totally funny and again, absolutely cute moments.

I cheered for Oliver throughout, amid the laughs and chuckles and giggles, because this is like a trainwreck happening...in the most beautiful and entertaining sense, though. The secondary characters alone could've had their one-man show and we'd have remained h
Janna
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour, young-adult
This book is absolutely fantastic! It reminded me a bit of early Gordon Korman. I was laughing at some of the things Oliver said and did.

This is the type of YA novel I really enjoy (not that I don't enjoy the more serious stuff too; I do, or I wouldn't read it). Sometimes all you want is a bit of fluff that makes you laugh and believe in happiness. That's this book, for sure.

Oliver is the type of guy I might have crushed on in high school; he's definitely the type of guy I married! Of course, he
Babus
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Oliver Holmes is a geeky kid who is in love with one of the popular girls in school. Oliver is a list-maker for everything he does, so he makes a list of how he can get Ainsley to fall in love with him. He sticks to this list, mostly, but he also finds out that you can't plan everything out. We also get to know his best friend, his brother (Sherlock), and a wonderful cast of others. I read this book in one sitting. I couldn't put it down and I laughed out loud. It is a great t ...more
Heather
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oliver is so endearing and sweet. He loves making lists and he has his eyes set on the prize: Ainsley Bishop. The problem is that Ainsley has a boyfriend already. Obstacles are everywhere. Between his younger brother, who thinks he's a detective, trying to figure out what Oliver is up to, an upcoming school play, figuring out the perfect gift for Ainsley's birthday, and Ian-Ainsley's boyfriend wising up to Oliver's antics, will Oliver be able to make her see what she's missing?

I loved this book
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Under These Restless Skies
  • Mountain Charm (Appalachian Hearts, #2)
  • Renewing Hope (In Your World, #2)
  • How to Reprimand Your Rock Star (DommeNation, #2)
  • Where We Fell
  • A Very Important Guest
  • The Silent Swan
  • Blue Balls and Push-Up Bras (Blue Balls, #1)
  • Late Night with Andres
  • Over the Edge
  • Summer Heat (Beach Reads, #1)
  • Vigil
  • My Mr. Manny (My Manny Book 1)
  • Exposure
  • The Righteous and the Wicked
  • Tormented (The Gates Legacy, #2)
T.M. Franklin writes stories of adventure, romance, & a little magic. A former TV news producer, she decided making stuff up was more fun than reporting the facts. Her first published novel, MORE, was born during National Novel Writing month, a challenge to write a novel in thirty days. MORE was well-received, being selected as a finalist in the 2013 Kindle Book Review Best Indie Book Awards, ...more