Start by marking “See You in Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #2)” as Want to Read:
See You in Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #2)

See You in Hell

(Mel Goes to Hell #2)

Hate your job? Try working in HELL!

Melody Angel takes a job as a temp at the HELL Corporation. Surrounded by eternal bureaucracy gone mad, demons who love making life miserable, and dying for a decent coffee, it may take a miracle for Mel's mission to succeed. She must find out what evil plans the Lord of Lies has up his sleeve and stop him, using any means necessary. Luci
Published April 30th 2014

To ask other readers questions about See You in Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about See You in Hell

Cheryl
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a 4.5 star read.

Holy HELL! Another hilarious offering in the Mel Goes To Hell series, and again one I could not put down. I just love Mel to bits - for her witty repartee, her ability to help her fellow demon co-workers unjudgementally, her ability to see the good in everyone, and for .... well ..... her very un-Angel like sexiness. For all her glowy red cheeks from embarrassment, she's no prude our Mel - and shows it with teasing aplomb, even when she doesn't mean to.
The one part of the
Coco.V
Mar 12, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (3/12/2019)! 🎁
Carey Decevito
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
If you're looking for a twist in your everyday paranormal read, why not do with a feisty angel who's HELL bent on ridding the world from one evil deed after the next? Well, maybe not the world but at the very least, to learn about what dear ol' Lucifer has planned for the humans with demon minions as his aids at HELL Incorporated.

In this read, you'll find a bit of everything.

I particularly enjoyed the satire that Carlton uses and I have to state that I've laughed countless times at the wittiness
N.N. Light
This was so much fun to read! I laughed and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Carlton is a gifted writer and I can't wait to read more in this series.

My Rating: 5 stars
Jada Ryker
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fried-Out Down Under

In the Mel Goes to Hell series, Demelza Carlton introduced the angelic Mel in Welcome to Hell, the first story in the series. Mel landed a job at Health, Environment, Life and Lands Corporation -- HELL.

Now, Mel's adventures continue in See You in Hell. Her mission is to infiltrate HELL and determine if Lucifer is launching a takeover bid for Western Australia. She also has to decide if the CEO of HELL is Lucifer:

"Mel recognised [the CEO's] stance as one meant to draw attenti
Angela
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I love this book!! I enjoyed it immensely!! Melody Angel is a spitfire and doesn't take crap from anybody, whether it is a fellow angel or the Lord of Hell Lucifer himself. She is a "different" angel in that she is nice to her demon co-workers and she genuinely cares about them and their feelings. She is a hard worker, no matter how ridiculous the job or task is, she takes it on with a good attitude and puts in 100% until it is done
Mary Lou Hoffman
Series: Mel Goes to Hell #2
Category /Genre: Paranormal Romance, Humor
Received from: Demelza Carlton (in exchange for an honest review)
Recommended for: 18+ due to sexual content
Grammar/editing: A – near perfect

This is book two of the MEL GOES TO HELL trilogy. Though they do need to be read in order, I found out that this book can stand on its own. I accidently read this first and then read the first book, WELCOME TO HELL, which is actually a short-story.

Mel has accepted a position at The Health,
Daniel Greathead
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
See You in Hell is a funny and enjoyable romp through the Hell Corporation seen through the eyes of Melody Angel, an office temp. With a very strong supporting cast of characters, this book definitely appeals to those readers looking for twists and turns with their smoking hot gals and attractively seductive guys!
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
Well, I wasn’t expecting at all the read that I have just read. After getting use to Demelza’s writing style I actually really flippin enjoyed this romp into the world of Mel working at the offices of HELL, which is run by Luce who instantly has an attraction to her and want’s Mel on his desk and can offer her five minutes lol. Which then changes to maybe an overnight stay when she turns him down!

Mel’s character is so perfect for an angel, she’s caring, thoughtful, understanding, helpful and she
Flurbert
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like mythology and I hate office work. This book finally takes a poke at both of them and it's clever and cool. Great read.
Tony Parsons
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mel (Melody Angel) worked for the Helpful Angels Agency & was going to temp at the HELL Corporation. Lilith (Lili) informed/assigned her the job qualifications (orientation). Mr. Luce Iblis (CEO of Health, Environment, Life & Lands; Lord of Hell; Lucifer) was giving a presentation. Mel 1st assignment was to research rehabilitation techniques for graffiti criminals. Mephi is the CEO personal assistant.

Mel explained her job description to Raphael she does tasks for the demons. Mel meets P
Katie Harder-schauer
This book is a different take on the good vs. evil theme. When Lucifer decides that the best way to take over the world is through commerce (which really does make sense when you think about it), it is up to an angel named Mel to stop him. I doubt anything could have prepared either of them for what happened.

This book was a fairly quick read and I found the premise to be rather intriguing. The interactions between the characters seemed a bit off at times, but we're not dealing with humans which
Christoph Fischer
"See You in Hell" by Demelza Carlton is a light-hearted take on the battle between good and evil, in this case transferred into the world of corporations.
Angel Mel works as temp in Hell Corporation where CEO Luce says what goes. Or does he always?
Bureaucracy with demons, imps and angels - you have to love the idea. I chuckled all the way through this witty and inventive read. Mel is no typical angel and Luce is not the devil you'd expect either. Don't expect a boring formula in any way, this st
Moira
18.10.2017 - 2,5*
Na rozdíl od jedničky, která byla prostě... eh, dvojka je plná super-šílených, svým způsobem geniálních nápadů.
Autorka vzala známé koncepty, postavila je roztomile na hlavu a celou dobu se bavila.
No, není to veledílo, ale rozhodně skvělé na pobavení. :)
 CCAM&GZM
"Welcome to HELL. Can I help you?"

"Demons didn't – couldn't – love. It was against their very nature to do such a thing."

If you're one of the readers who not only read, but also look for hidden meanings between the lines, then it is likely that you will enjoy See You In Hell, even if the Goodreads ratings type with their lack of... half measures will test your thinking once again when you’ll rate the book.

Started as an undercover mission to discover the true plans (for world domination how else?
Sherry Fundin

See You In Hell is an outstanding fun and sexy story of Mel’s job to find out what in the hell is going on at HELL Corporation. The writing will have you laughing at the disgusting behavior of Luce, who is the CEO of HELL, and Mel’s ability to keep him in check. Inner office politics are at work, just as in the normal world. Will she be successful or will she end up as corrupted as the ones before her?

Spoiler alert (even though I don’t believe there is anything here that would ruin Welcome To He
Paula Radell
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Every once in awhile a book comes along that is truly unique, with a premise so deliciously devilish that it's impossible to resist. Such is the case with "See You in Hell" by Demelza Carlton - the second in a series of satiric parodies of corporate culture based on the classic concept of good vs. evil; or "us" vs. "them". In this case, the CEO, Luce Iblis, is none other than Lucifer himself, and the fate of the world hinges on the efforts of one office temp, an angel, "Mel," - whose role is to ...more
Beth Santucci
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Fangs
I received this book in return for an honest review from Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock and Demelza Carlton.
In book two of the series, the book continues with Mel (Melody Angel) working at HELL corporation undercover trying to figure out why the lord of the underworld Luce (Lucifer) is running the cooperation instead of one of his highest ranked demons. Mel asked Raphael to send in one of the other angels to see if she can identify Luce as Lucifer. She does, but also tries to ha
K.T.
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
See you in Hell

This was another Carlton masterpiece which I absolutely tore through. There is a skill in the way that the author manipulates the reader’s character preferences. At the start of the novel I thought Luce was a jerk and honestly would have crossed the room to avoid him, but by the end, he is displaying all the traits of potential boyfriend material. It takes real class to pull that off well. Luce has suddenly gone from jerk to hunk and I never saw it coming.

The portrayal of the resi
Rachel
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
When you are a temp in an office with the name of Hell what can you expect ? Other than hearing "welcome to Hell" a hundred times a day. Well this is what angel Mel finds out.

She has to work in Hell, otherwise known as Health, Environment, Life and Lands under the CEO Luce or better known as Lucifer while trying to confirm his identity and his plans for world domination.

Watching Luce trying to seduce Mel was one of my favourite parts of the book. She shoots him down every time with a smile but
Kristin & Sue Ellen ~ GirlyGirlBookReviews
Can an Angel that has been infiltrated into a corporation whose initials just happens to be HELL and surrounded with demons! I wanted to read this book because curiousity got the best of me when I saw the title and then the description. The author will not disappoint you with the world she has created, sometimes I felt that parts of it was with how we deal in our everyday jobs. This is a sweet, funny, and at often times I had my husband looking at me because I was laughing out loud at some parts ...more
Ginger Gelsheimer
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
See you in Hell is a fun and fast read, full of humor and wit. I enjoyed the concept of the angels and demons living and working alongside the humans in normal every day life-even they care about their coffee! The author had me laughing so hard with some of the insanity. I LOVE THE OPEN FLY PRESENTATION! The story delivers an entertaining view of the life of office politics and drama beautifully. I enjoyed the transformation of Luce throughout the story. He's absolutely appalling when you first ...more
Darra Hulsart
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I honestly had to read the book because of the title of the book. I read Welcome to Hell so I understood the plot for this book. Sometimes you really do feel like you are working in Hell, but Mel is really working with Demons and the Devil. If any of my co-workers read this, I am not talking about you. I swear! :-)

This book made me laugh all the way till the end! And the ending...I want to know what happens now! I am terrible about waiting. But extremely excited for the follow up book.

Demelza ha
Kim Murphy
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I seem to be on a roll with Demelza Carlton books. See You in Hell is the continuation of the short story Welcome to Hell. Mel is an angel, who lands a job in HELL--Health, Environment, Life and Lands Corporation. Luce is the CEO of HELL, and he's a bit of an obnoxious jerk. Not surprising, since he may be Lucifer himself. Mel's undercover job is to find out if Luci is indeed Lucifer, who seems to be planning a big corporate take over. She does so by being nice in an office environment filled wi ...more
Dorothy Crocker
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Melody Angel is sent to HELL Corp to spy on Lucifer, but things don't always go as planned. The CEO of HELL, Luce Iblis has his eye on Mel. Mel isn't like I imagined any angel to be, she's funny, smart-aleck, smart, and can get herself out of the most awkward situations. Luce isn't as totally evil as I imagined Lucifer to be either. You will have to read See You in Hell to find out. You might want to read Welcome to Hell first, but you don't have to, as this is a stand alone book.
Colleen Everly
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really liked this book. Very funny, loved how these characters talked to one another. I loved how the author has angels and demons working together in an office sitting, that's just not something you read everyday. Mel makes Luce feel things he hasn't felt ever. This was a very unique read on Angels and Demons. I loved this book it was very well written I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.
Rivalie (Le Petit Photograph)
Melody Angel is currently working as a temp at the HELL Corporation. A sheep among wolves, quite literally. Her mission is to find out what Lucifer, the Lord of the Underworld, has in mind and stop him before he takes over the world. Her main suspect is the CEO, Luce Iblis, but there's nothing that gives her solid evidence that he's Lucifer, other than his confusing aura and high position in the company. He's pretty darn hot, but she can't let that get in the way of her mission. She has to stop ...more
Michelle
**See this full review and more at http://bookbriefs.net**

I read See You in Hell right after I finished the short little prequel called Welcome to Hell. You certainly don't need to read Welcome to Hell first though in order to understand See You in Hell. See You in Hell starts out with Mel starting a job in the Hell Corporation, which stands for the Health, Environment, Life and Lands Corporation. (Welcome to Hell just showed Mel's job interview for her temp position.)

Melody Angel is an angel, w
Dean C. Moore
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie-authors
It took me longer to settle into this franchise than it did the Ocean’s Gift series by the same author, of which I’m a big fan. But settle into it I ultimately did. This is a tongue-in-cheek look at the corporate world as we know it today, filled with nightmarish Kafkaesque red tape, oppressive mind games meant at enslaving your will in ways Mesmer would envy, to say nothing of the soul-sucking grind that accompanies the often less than satisfying if not totally meaningless day-to-day work. The ...more
Talk Supe
May 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
SEE YOU IN HELL by Demelza Carlton feels more like a corporation satire than a straight-up humorous paranormal romance story. Word is that Lucifer is planning another bout for world domination via the corporate world. As the angels won't allow this to happen, Raphael sent Melody to infiltrate HELL Corporation to spy and foil Lucifer's plans. What happened instead is Lucifer and Melody fell in love, the question is, where and how does an angel and demon live their HEA?

I find the premise to be int
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Happily Evan After (Fall for You, #1)
  • Descent (A Lost Tribe #1)
  • Hereafter (Afterlife #1)
  • Frostwalker
  • Your Name, In Fire (Vampire Geek Cycle, #1)
  • Joshua and the Arrow Realm (Lightning Road #2)
  • Crimson Dahlia (Svatura, #3)
  • Hex (The Evolution, #3)
  • A Pink Zombie, with a Mist
  • Downfall (Incorruptibles, #1)
  • Pretty Dark Sacrifice (Pretty Dark Nothing, #2)
  • Death to the Undead (Life After the Undead #2)
  • Bloodmoon (Bloodmark Saga, #3)
  • Satan's Son
  • Myths and Magic: An Epic Fantasy and Speculative Fiction Boxed Set
  • Dawn of the Infected: A Prequel Novella (Hybrid Chronicles)
  • Icy Passage
  • The Night Dahlia (Nightwise, #2)
Demelza Carlton has always loved the ocean, but on her first snorkelling trip she found she was afraid of fish.
She has since swum with sea lions, sharks and sea cucumbers and stood on spray-drenched cliffs over a seething sea as a seven-metre cyclonic swell surged in, shattering a shipwreck below.
Sensationalist spin? No - Demelza tends to take a camera with her so she can capture and share the m

Mel Goes to Hell (5 books)
  • Welcome to Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #1)
  • Mel Goes to Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #3)
  • To Hell and Back (Mel Goes to Hell, #4)
  • The Holiday From Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #5)