Start by marking “Flawed (Perfection, #2)” as Want to Read:
Flawed (Perfection, #2)

Flawed

(Perfection #2)

In a world where Hitler won the The War, and perfection is constantly sought, Ellyssa has broken free from her austere life and has found another meaning for her existence.

Family, friendship, and love.

Published August 12th 2014 by Spencer Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Flawed, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Pouting Always
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Ellyssa is finally free from her "father", who engineered and raised her and her siblings to be weapons. Dr.Hirch, Ellyssa's father, is a brilliant man obsessed with purifying the Aryan race and as a scientist living in a world where Nazi Germany wins WWII he spends his life using getnic engineering to do so. Ellyssa is supposed to be perfect, not only in looks but physically stronger and with abilities that surpass those of any normal person. Yet regardless of Dr. Hirch's effort to mold her int ...more
Ruthsic

Family, friendship, and love.

But her happiness is short lived. Ellyssa finds herself on the run, again. Her father's work didn't die with him, but lives on in her siblings, Aalexis and Xaver, and they are determined to complete his unfinished dream.

All that potential of a racism-influenced dystopia, all of it wasted on a love
Rebecca (Unbound Pages)
This review is also on my blog, The Library Canary.

***I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This has in no way changed my opinion of the book. The review below is my open and honest opinion.***

I felt kind of mediocre about the first book in this series, but I am so happy I continued because I really liked this follow-up. While the POV still bothered me (3rd person omniscient has never been my favorite), the story itself was so engaging and inte
J.L. Spelbring
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Flawed is the second book to the PERFECTION series. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. It's dark with a mix of true human evil.
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta, shp
Beta read this a while ago, before I even read the first book. It is awesome. Add to you TBR now!
Shay VanZwoll
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Flawed, the second book in the Perfection series, was a much better and more complete novel than the first one. To me, while the first novel did not live up to the name "Perfection" - I'm happy to say that the second book did not live up to it's name either... while it's not perfect, it's not flawed. Instead, it's a great sequel that answers a lot of the questions that I had after reading the first novel.

The characters are, however, flawed... but written in a way that you know that the flaws are
K.M. Montemayor
4/5 stars

The book's blurb intrigued me - a future world shaped from an alternate history of events dating back to World War II. Although this is the second book in the series and I haven't read the first, I had no trouble picking up and understanding what was going on. I would like to read the first book so that I can see the evolution of the characters.

At the beginning of book two, we find many of the renegades dead or captured. Ellyssa, Rein, Woody, and a few other friends spend most of Flawed
Pam
Ellyssa has just learned what it is like to feel emotions, have people care for her and for her to care for them. She was raised to become a weapon and be emotionless but she escaped that life. In a world where Hitler won flaws in people are meant to be destroyed. Ellyssa only wants to find the rest of her friends and move on past what her father did. However even with him dead there are some who want to continue what he was working on. Her sister and brother Aalexis and Xaver survived and have ...more
Caro [The Book Rogue]
Heart-wrenching, action-loaded, well-developed -- all this applies to Flawed. However, it didn't hold me in a death grip of suspense, which is a major fault for a run-and-hide-rescue-missions read.

J.L. Spelbring knows how to build up a beautiful world, and how to display her characters. In Flawed, we get to know a whole new group of the Resistance, and a few very interesting characters, although only three play a real role, and only one, Dr. Loki, has actual depth in my opinion. Then again, I al
Selena
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have to begin by stating I didn’t read Perfection first. After reading Flawed, I know I have to go back and read Perfection.
I had no idea what Flawed was about when I began reading. I quickly realized it takes place in a world where Hitler won the war and there are camps where anyone who is considered “flawed” or “inferior” is taken. There is still the ideal of the person with the perfect shade of blonde hair and blue eyes. Everyone else is in danger.
The book begins when Elyssa, Rein and Wood
Gina (My Precious Blog)
RATING: 3.5 Stars

After reading Perfection, I didn't really feel a huge urgency to continue with the series. The first book end up a little over the top with its syrupy rommance and swooning for my reading tastes. In the beginning of the second book I was convinced that I was in for more of the same and I can't hide that I was feeling discouraged. Not wanting to throw in the towel, just yet, I hung in there and ended up being rewarded. I'd say book two in this series is significantly better that
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

This was a very good follow up to Perfection. I really just love this world. Well I wouldn't want to live in it and it's horrible but it makes for such a fascinating read. It really makes you wonder just what would have happened had World War II gone differently. The book is action packed and keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Elyssa is such an awesome heroine. She is strong and tough and knows how to take care of herself. She has gone from being c
Michelle Pickett
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Flawed is the sequel to the Spelbring’s debut novel Perfection. And I have to say right off, I love the concept of this series. It’s unique and keeps me turning pages to see what is in store for our protagonist next.

Speaking of the protagonists, I loved Ellyssa and Rein. They had some truly unique and memorable moments together. There was a definite arc of growth in the main character that was wonderful to see unfold. In addition to the protagonist, we were given more of a glimpse into the worki
Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Flawed was the perfect follow up to the first book in the series, Perfection. Build on the idea of how the world would be if WWII have gone differently, it includes amazing world building and makes you wonder if this would be true if the world would actually be this way if Hitler would have won. It has that thin line of reality versus fantasy that makes it a lot more interesting.

I loved Elyssa. In the world where you have to be perfect, she was strong, brave, and everything you want a badass ch
Lynndell
I received an advanced reading copy of Flawed by J.L. Spelbring from NetGalley and Spencer Hill Press. Flawed is a dystopian with the continuation of the Aryan idea from Perfection. This sequel contains more character development which helped me care more for the characters. The role of antagonist was passed down to children, which was interesting because they struggled with emotion and perfection/superiority.

Miranda
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for access to this title.

This one was a little better than the first for me, although the writing was still a little stilted and some of the dialogue didn't flow very well for me. Most readers will probably forgive this as the storyline moves along a little quicker and progresses better than the first book.
Kaila
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one almost as much as the first..everything was amazing and wonderful
Amy Fournier
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

I loved the first book in this series a lot, so I started reading this book as soon as I finished the first book! I was really happy that this book had already released because I would have been on pins and needles waiting for it to release lol! I loved this book just as much as the first book! It continued on the characters story perfectly and it kept me immersed from page one! It also only took me a few sittings to read, which surprised me because it was quite a descriptive book! The
Danielle Barlow
Apr 19, 2015
Jennifer Lee
Jun 01, 2014
Caroline Palmer
rated it did not like it
May 09, 2016
  • Miles from Kara (Charleston Haven, #2)
  • A Vault of Sins (Chaos Theory, #2)
  • Vision
  • The Fallen Prince (The Riven Chronicles, #2)
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • The Drowned Forest
  • Hero for Hire (Tales From Beyond the End, #1)
  • Finn Finnegan (The Adventures of Finn MacCullen, #1)
  • Sing Sweet Nightingale (The Dream War Saga, #1)
  • Apocalipstick
  • Say Please (Something More, #3.5)
  • Wish You Weren't
  • Iron Pendulum (Periodic, #2)
  • True Storm (True Born Trilogy #3)
  • Cupcakes vs. Brownies (Zimmah Chronicles #1)
  • FEAR: A Modern Anthology of Horror and Terror (Volume 1)
  • Reborn
  • The Gallery of Wonders (Magora #1)
J.L. Spelbring lives in Texas, where she wanders out in the middle of the night to look at the big and bright stars. Besides knocking imaginary bad guys in the head with a keyboard, she enjoys being swept away between the pages of a book, running amuck inside in her own head, pretending she is into running, and hanging out with her kids, who are way too cool for her.

Her novel, Perfection, will be

Perfection (2 books)
  • Perfection (Perfection, #1)