Start by marking “Fallocaust (Fallocaust, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fallocaust (Fallocaust, #1)

Fallocaust

(Fallocaust #1)

Over two hundred and thirty years ago the Fallocaust happened, killing almost everything that lived and creating what is now known as the greywastes. A dead wasteland where cannibalism is a necessity, death your reality, and life before the radiation nothing but pictures in dog-eared magazines.

Reaver is a greywaster, living in a small block controlled by a distant ruler
Published February 14th 2014 by MassChaotic

To ask other readers questions about Fallocaust, please sign up.
Nattho There are a lot of main characters in this series, but Reaver and Killian are extremely devoted to each other. Both Reaver and Killian are jealous and…moreThere are a lot of main characters in this series, but Reaver and Killian are extremely devoted to each other. Both Reaver and Killian are jealous and possessive and obsessed with each other.

I'm not sure what "Black between the MC" is?

There are a lot of triggers in this series which do not fade through the entire series.

Every scene is graphic, the good and the bad. If you can handle intense scenes, characters, plot twists and turmoil then I highly recommend continue and at least finish the first book in the series.(less)

Start your review of Fallocaust (Fallocaust, #1)
Quil Carter
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
What I can rate and review my own book? This is so much power!

I liked it, though the author is a bit of a nut.
Julio Genao
Nov 12, 2014 marked it as no
Shelves: dnf
there is more stupid in the first ten pages of this book than i can imagine filling the entirety of human literature across the span of the multiverse, including every possible version of the eragon series.

it was so painful to read i kept stopping to ask people if it was a satire.

ten pages. i couldn't take more than ten pages.

wanna know how many more there were to read before the end?

892.

AND IT'S PART ONE OF A TRILOGY.

Shelley
4.5 Stars

It could have been so easy for me to play the cool hypercritical reviewer by picking apart out everything that’s wrong with this beast of a book. But I’m not, as popularity for Fallocaust grows – and believe me it will – there will be someone else to dissect and eviscerate facets of this novel. I hate them already, but only because I won’t be able to argue against their points by saying more than: yeah but so what, it’s still sooo good, the author is only young and it’s his debut novel
DarienMoya

UMMMMMMMM THA FUCK!!

So I had no expectations going into this. A few friends were reading it and my pal Angela is a huge fan so I decided to give it a try. She gave me all the warnings and said it wasn’t for everyone but I guess it must have been for me because I gobbled up over 800pgs in 2 days.

So gather around children while I give a glimpse into what is known as The Fallocaust.

So its many years in the future and one man has destroyed the entire fucking world. Like the earth is dead DEAD and
Kyle
May 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

One of the most graphically violent novels I have ever read!

The premise of the book sounded really interesting and I have to admit it had possibilities. But the way it was written really spoiled it. First, there is the violence. I get that the world the characters live in is a violent one and some violence is to be expected but what is presented in the book was way over the top. It was just gratuitous and unnecessary. Then there are the descriptions of the several rapes that take place thr

Kazza
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I’ll be honest, I do not read books that are 900+ pages. I do not like dystopian books, although I watch dystopian movies. I do not like books with rape. I don’t like mans’ inhumanity to man. Yet here I was reading this freaking long-arsed, gruesome book about characters that are not warm and fuzzy – cannibalism, rape, constant drug use, general inhumanity, torture, lies and manipulation form part of all the leading character's daily lives. Everything I said I don't like I got into here.

Falloc
Xing
Jul 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars

Reading Fallocaust was definitely an interesting experience. I really like it and will definitely follow up with the sequel when it's released. But because I really like it, and see the potential that's there, it makes its flaws more apparent to my mind's eyes and pisses me off more than it should.

What I really love about this book is that it does NOT pull its punches. It's gory. Very, very gory. After all, we are talking about a dystopian society where the act of eating other h
Lila

So, this book ruled my life for few weeks.
I didn't know anything about it before I start reading.I saw it's tagged as dystopian mm, read the blurb, decided to try sample and this happened:

"I saw him smile a few times, and perhaps that’s what got me started with the second glances.
What he was so happy about I don’t know, didn’t care really, but the prospect that this kid was sunny enough to flash the scissors was fascinating to me...Like all things though, his happiness wasn’t meant to be, and t
Susan
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been wanting to read this series for years, but I’ve always been scared because I knew it would be all consuming, intense, and the characters would be put through the wringer.

One the one hand this was completely different from what I expected. What I liked more was the fact that this world is not filled with completely bad people (like I thought it would be). I mean, everyone eats humans flesh, I thought everyone would be killing everyone, but that was not the case.

Most of these people act
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews

I have never ever been so mind fucked in my life.

And
I will never get this feeling back ever again.
And
Fuck

I think I smoked half a carton of cigs, 10 pots of coffee, endless supply of Pepsi in the 5 days it took me to devour this book.

My nervous system is a mess.

For a while I thought I was gonna have a heart attack from sheer nerves and adrenaline that was coursing through my veins.

The images, the feelings, the crazy fucked up, fucked up, OMG so fucked up world Quil Carter builds.
Its seere
Giulio
Rating: 3.4 stars

This was the fucking greywastes, not a Disney movie. People got raped, people got hit, and people got eaten.

And this is only a small part of the lifestyle in the Greywastes. One of the darkest book I ever read. Set in a dystopian future, the few survivors of the Fallocaust, a big sestic (?) radiation wave which destroyed almost every living creature, struggle to survive in a world dominated by mutant dogs, ravers and other horrible creatures, while the elite lives an apparent lu
Kristie
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
New Edit: September 9, 2014

Having read this for a second time, I can honestly say it was so much better than the first. I love everything about this book. Even knowing what was happening, what was to come... it was better. I was able to wrap myself around the characters, bring them in and keep them in a way I was unable to do before. They are now a part of me, and I'm never letting them go.

*********************************************************************

Edited this morning seeing is how
ttg
May 31, 2014 added it
Shelves: m-m, kindle-lendable, dnf
DNF at 50% or at around 450 pages or so.

I’m not stopping because I dislike this mammoth post-apocalyptic/dystopia m/m novel, but I am stopping because I think it’s too dark for me. Supposedly it’s to be a trilogy, and I decided that if things in this first half were too dark (and very unpredictable), and since usually the process for these things, like trilogies, is to get much-much worse, rather than better and more fluffier, than I should hop off now, so I did. (After flipping to the end to co
TH0TP0CKETS
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
'Fallocaust' by Quil Carter is a dark, erotic and absolutely f*cking THRILLING read. I did not put it down once I started it. I ended up falling head over heels in love with the two MC's, Reaver and Killian. I think we all hope for that intense connection with a little bit of a protector fetish attached. At least I do. Anyway, I can't say enough good things...I honestly ended this book and felt that feeling of "OMG I finished this book, I need more, I love these characters, and now I feel comple ...more
Mel
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a lot to say about this book.

Firstly, I want to say how much I loved this book. This book did everything right for me and it was so good and entertaining and shocking. I'm rating this 5 stars because I was addicted to it, I loved the world, I love the characters, I care about everyone with my entire heart. Well like, the "good" characters.

However, I also want to get really brutally honest in this review, so the rest of this review is going to be negative and reasons why, although this bo
Tami
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Tami by: Susan
Shelves: lgbtqia-read, epic, wtf
5 amazingly f*@%ed up stars!

I'll start by saying nothing about this book is my usual read. I don't read dystopian and there's cannibalism involved, which equals hell no!! Btw, that wasn't a spoiler as it's in the blurb.

"Dark" is too bright a word to describe this book: It's brutal, bloody, sadistic, very painful to read and most definitely not for everyone. Disturbingly enough, and despite all that, I loved it.

I loved it from a storytelling aspect obviously. The imagination it took to create th
Literatures Movies
Jan 17, 2018 marked it as ahh-how-about-no
My choice of books might sometimes be demented, or I might like to read really twisted storylines. But cannibalism is where I cut the line.

Blog : Click here for more of my reviews
Karla Slusher
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh shit. Oh holy fucking shit man!!!!!! YOU CAN'T JUST STOP THERE!!!!!! Gah!

Ok ok... panic attack aside.. this book was AMAZING AWESOMNESS!! I loved every page of it's sadistic psychotic story, it rocked my socks. Reaver is such a deep character, he was portrayed perfectly. And killian? Oh he was this little hellcat hidden in an angel suit wasn't he!? I mean for real, he was just as damn crazy as reaver. But you know what? I read all 900+ pages of this book... and not once was I not entertained
Gaby
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance
I was frustrated with the fact that it took me ages to finish this book.. Work kept getting in the way and so did other stuff and it was murder to have to put the book down to get up and teach a class... Especially because it was difficult to concentrate with what I had just read so fresh in my head.

This is by far one of the darkest books I've read. Yes, there is what we could call romance but it's definitely not your typical"aww" they live happily ever after romance, at least not in THIS insta
Vishakha ~ ReadingSpren ~
Hi, I am Reaver. I am the super hot brooding anti-hero of this series called "Fallocaust". Atleast I live up to my title of anti-hero because I revel in killing and murdering and eating people. Oh, and I help my best friend, Reno, rape enemy guards by holding up the fuckers' legs. I don't do it myself of course. Whatever I am, I am not a rapist. Nuh uh. I draw a line somewhere so that my love-to-be can save my soul.

Meet my boyfriend Killian. I am sure you will not find a character more irritatin
Julia
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, favorites
This was a seriously freaky book - like, really dark, dystopian, cannibalism and rape type freaky. Definitely NOT for the faint hearted and so many triggers it’s scary.

But amongst all of that, there’s a really good story and great world building and hugely flawed, but strangely endearing characters and a love story to break your heart.

Somehow the psychopathic (or is he?) Reaver and his partner Killian (not the weak little thing he first appeared) have got under my skin, and I need to read more..
AGandyGirl

I did not expect this at all. This has been on my to read list for a long time and then Marco had to pipe up all of a sudden with "I'm starting this tomorrow, wanna join?"

Now we are 800 pages in to a 14 book series that is bound to be EPIC. My god the twists and turns are like nothing I have read. Did not see many of these revelations coming at all.

On to book 2...

Let's do this Marco!! And come on Els!!

And so I don’t lose this link...

*salivates*
Frau Sorge (Yuki)
Well, I haven't got much sleep lately, I will be babbling incoherently and so.
I like this book. I like the long decriptions, slowly paced plot and worldbuilding with oh so many details. I waved my hand dismissively at lack of proof-reading. So what there was so many mistakes even I could see, even if english was not my first language. So what. To hell with tiny plotholes.

I didn't mind the violence, gore and cruelty of the characters.

I just swallowed the book.

Now give me the second installment.

E
Silvana
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

Killian got on my nerves more often than not!

Review To Come!!
QuietlyKat
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Horrific and twisted and overwhelmingly brutal. But wow! WOW! I don’t really know that this is a 5 star book but I’m giving it 5 glorious gory stars. For whatever may be wrong with it, I’ll give those things a pass because this book consumed me heart and soul. I haven’t been this enslaved by a book in ages. In fact, there’s only one other series that has had the kind of power over me that this book had.

I’ll refer you to Gaby’s brilliant review for two reasons. First, she does a better job of ex
Smith Barney
--Everything changed for him when we ate his parents-- (and that was a line from the very first page -.- ) This is like some kind of Chuckie-really-really-gone-bad-resurrection.

Overdone inflammatory graphic content for dramatic effect before developing characters does nothing to foster intimacy but only alienates and encourages a desensitized reader.

So..in other words..I wasn't inflamed.

DNF @25%
Dreamer
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
DNF at 22%. Quite naively written, I lost the will to read on. I didn't really care enough about the characters to plough through the whole 906 pages.

'I hated emotions, if I hadn't fallen for Killian I wouldn't have to deal with these fucking feelings. Another way that kid was driving me crazy. I was an emotionless monster before, I didn't feel these soft emotions at all before him. It was an easy existence, I didn't get hurt.'
Icesumly
I love this book. It's sick and dark and twisted with a fast-paced and unpredictable plot. It made me want to look away and question my love for some characters, but damn I want more! ...more
Nash Summers
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing.

Fresh, new, disturbing. It's so raunchy and raw that I felt dirty just reading it.

Loved.
Kit (Metaphors and Moonlight)
3 Stars

Full Review:
I have very conflicting feelings about this novel. There were some things the author did incredibly well that really sucked me into the story and made it a worthwhile read, but there were some things that weren't quite as well done and really bothered me. So this is going to be longer and a little more rant-y than my usual reviews, but it's not all bad, I promise.

I'll start with the things I liked.

The first half of the book had more issues that I'll get into below, but the fur
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Fallocaust 1 81 Jan 12, 2015 09:26AM

• Primal Sin (Primal Sin, #1)
  • The Interludes (In the Company of Shadows, #3)
  • Afterimage (In the Company of Shadows, #2)
  • Broken (Beautiful Monsters, #3)
  • Sire (Beautiful Monsters, #2)
  • Evenfall: Volume 1: Director's Cut (In the Company of Shadows, #1 part #1)
  • Fade (In the Company of Shadows, #4)
  • Captive (Beautiful Monsters #1)
  • King of the Dark (The Prince's Assassin #1)
  • Silk & Steel (Silk and Steel #1)
  • Evenfall: Volume 2: Director's Cut (In the Company of Shadows, #1 part #2)
  • The Chimera (Bound Gods, #1)
  • Stone Sentinel (Beautiful Monsters #3.5)
  • Eternal Sin (Primal Sin, #2)
  • Iron & Fire (Silk and Steel #2)
  • Red Heir (Adventures in Aguillon #1)
  • Reign of Darkness (The Prince's Assassin #2)
  • Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)
Quil Carter has been writing stories since he learned how to write. Now that people seem to like his stories, this is pretty much what he is planning on doing with his life.

Fallocaust (8 books)
  • The Ghost and the Darkness Volume 1 (Fallocaust, #2)
  • The Ghost and the Darkness Volume 2  (Fallocaust, #3)
  • The Suicide King  Volume 1 (Fallocaust, #4)
  • The Suicide King Volume 2 (Fallocaust, #5)
  • A God Among Insects Volume 1 (Fallocaust #6)
  • A God Among Insects Volume 2 (Fallocaust #7)
  • A God Among Insects Volume 3 (Fallocaust #8)

News & Interviews

“I couldn’t help but feel a sick sadistic joy as I queued up the C4. So many people were going to die today, and so many families were going to be in devastated ruins tomorrow. They would feel what they made me feel.” 9 likes
“The less you talk out loud, the more you talk in your head.” 8 likes