Start by marking “The Guardian (Guardian, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Guardian (Guardian, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

The Guardian

(Guardian #1)

John a young man from Detroit realizes he has a special bond with a vampire, which gives him special abilities and makes both of them a target; the ancients will stop at nothing to destroy him and his relationship with this unbridled female vampire. Will John's new found abilities be enough to save her and her coven?
Paperback, 3rd Edition, 198 pages
Published March 31st 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Guardian

Dianne
In the accident that killed the love of his life, John imagines he was saved from the fiery wreck by a woman, but was she as angel or something else? No one saw her, she left no tracks, but John just knew she was real and one day he would be drawn to where she was, Russia, no reason, just a feeling.

That journey would take him into a world of vampires, legends and love. THE GUARDIAN by J.L. McFadden has all the bones, all the potential for a fabulous paranormal read, action, danger and romance, b
Tom Chidzhan
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One evening this book came to my hands. In that moment I have already known it's fanasty about vampires. I can say I don't read a lot about them before and I don't like this topic, but it wasn't important to me, so I wanted to read it. I opened the 1st page and at the same time REAL ACTION said "HELLO!!" to me. Auto accident, fire, high temperature, blood... And all this was finished it was just the nightmare. So I like the books with such begginings... Will not say anything more about this in o ...more
Alex.khalin
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really interesting plot, seemed a little rushed, but I am interested to see if the next one is better.
Melissa Burcham
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
I was given an ARC book for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

This was a really good start to this series! I love stories about vampires and werewolves and this book did not disappoint. It brought another side to the story with the introduction of the guardian. I loved reading the development of the guardians powers.

John is struggling with his life. A horrific car crash killed his girlfriend and 2 of his friends. W
Jennifer  (BTH Reviews)
3.5 stars from Jennifer at Books That Hook

“The Guardian” is a fast-paced story about a man named John who is saved from death during an automobile accident by a woman who he later finds out is a vampire. He travels from the U.S. to Russia, drawn to her without knowing it. As soon as John meets Gala, they fall in love. He finds out that he is her Guardian and develops abilities. Unfortunately, the ancient vampires kill all Guardians, so John is in danger. Adela, the leader of the coven, is also c
Jennifer (random jendsmit)
This story has all the parts to be a great read for me, but it just didn't seem to ever really come together for me.

The characters are there, they are good. The story line is good and the world is really interesting. Like really really interesting - I am really loving the world this author has built.

I hardly ever have bad things to say, and really these thoughts are not bad - the book overall is ok - I just didn't love it, I felt like I need more flow and connectivity throughout the story and th
Jusvi Jeeana
May 31, 2015
Ian
Jul 31, 2013
David
rated it did not like it
Adela Ioana
Angela Tribble
Sep 07, 2015
Brandy
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story was not a long read, but what a story!! There was a really good story line which really make you want to keep going. There were some parts that happen so fast you kind of are like wait what just happen, otherwise probably a 5. This was your opposites attract storyline that really works but by the end I was like WHAT I didn't see that coming!!! I really can't wait to see what happens next.
Dennis Schedrivy
Aug 16, 2014
Konstantin Korolkov
Oct 17, 2014
J.L. McFadden
Feb 16, 2015 marked it as books-i-have-written  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Ashley
Jul 13, 2013
V
added it
Jul 13, 2013

J.L McFadden is an American author that has an European writing style. He is an advid taveler and linguest that uses alot of his experiences in his fictional novels. He also enjoys sports and takes part in international martial communities. McFadden is a paranormal romance author that has a way of spinning tragic romance into stories that stays with his readers.

Guardian (2 books)