Start by marking “Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2)

Stone Cold Touch

(The Dark Elements #2)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  26,152 ratings  ·  3,045 reviews
Every touch has its price

Layla Shaw is trying to pick up the pieces of her shattered life—no easy task for a seventeen-year-old who’s pretty sure things can’t get worse. Her impossibly gorgeous best friend, Zayne, is forever off-limits thanks to the mysterious powers of her soul-stealing kiss. The Warden clan that has always protected her is suddenly keeping dangerous secr
Published October 21st 2014 by Harlequin Teen (first published August 11th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Stone Cold Touch, please sign up.
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Tryna I really need to read this it is bothering me so much I want to know what happens ughhh

·  26,152 ratings  ·  3,045 reviews

Christine Riccio
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast, easy read, despite being a little predictable, I had fun! - here's my full blown booktalk / review: https://youtu.be/9pqXnN6AU10
Wendy Higgins
One of the first times I've ever beta read a book and not had any kind of feedback to give other than "DROOL! OMGOSH! I AM DEAD!"
This series...this heroine...these freaking boys!!!
A+++
Lucia
Mar 07, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My Roth, Layla and Zayne:

I have always been a fan of paranormal YA stories by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Why such a low rating this time? I had to take one star down because of cheesy dialogues and writing style. Second star was taken down because of stereotypical characters and dragged out plotline. And another stars was taken down because of the worst case of love triangle ever. Let me explain.

- Cheesy dialogues and writing style -

Cheesy according to Urban Dictionary: "Trying too hard, unsubtle,
Ailene♥
3.5 Stars!

Are you Team Roth or Team Zayne? The decision is in your hands! Voting ends Nov. 11!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I lost myself the moment I found you."

Oh my God! I need my Roth now! Now!!! November, why so far away?! Why?!!!

photo trax___fx_victoria___cry___gif_by_teklaa-d4fiff6_zps74d5c0d6.gif
{Re-read because I will finally read book three}

description

It feels so good to revisit a world and fall in love with it and its characters all over again.

Who knew I could be so invested in a book where gargoyles were one of the main creatures. Not me, that’s for sure but Jennifer pulled it off beautifully, as usual.

description

I need to keep it this one really short because my cat’s about to have her babies and she won’t do it if I don’t rub her belly so….

I AM IN LOVE WITH ROTH, I felt like saying that out loud omg.
Wendy
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DO I love this series? Yes
Do I love Stony... I mean Zayne? Until this book? Heck nah. After this book? He's...meh
Do I love Roth? Now that's a heck YEAH!

We get to know the characters a lot better in this book and we undertnad the world much better as well. I finished this book in about two days and I can honestly say I enjoyed it and everything it uncovered. If you like YA fantasy/paranormal books then go for this.

Now just to wait for that last (wah. I'm gonna cry. I don't like good series ending
Serena (The Book Comedian)
ROTH IS BACKKKK YUSSS

HEY LAYLA THIS TIME YOU BETTER BE GETTIN' SOME-

OR ELSE I WILL-

WELL GOOD LUCK, I LOOK FORWARD TO READING EVERY INTIMATE DETAIL

*White Hot Kiss Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*follow for more reviews ;)
April
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was not expecting it to be him...
Stormy
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LAYLA, IF YOU DON'T HOLD ROTH DOWN AND HAVE YOUR SEXY, DIRTY, KINKY, AND POSSIBLY ROUGH WAY WITH HIM IN THIS BOOK...I WILL.

AND FORGET ZAYNE ALREADY. HE NEEDS TO BE WITH DANIKA. LIKE, NOW.

........................

Ugh. I feel so so lame for not realising this would mainly be about Zayne from the Title. STONE COLD TOUCH. DUHHHH.

I seriously cannot believe the things that happened in this book. Jennifer really is striving to blow minds. There's so much crazy. Crazy good and crazy baaaad.

Don't read o
Sasha Alsberg
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer does it again! Stone Cold Touch is truly a riveting and beautiful read. If I could rate this book 10 stars I would!!
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.75 stars!

I FREAKING LOVE JLA!!!

Stone Cold Touch continues the series with Layla adjusting to her usual life again without the demon Roth. Pretty soon she and the Wardens discover a Lilin has been born, a powerful demon that can turn humans into wraiths, and it seems to be Layla's fault.

I thought that this was a wonderful middle book to a trilogy. It brought on all of the feels and the angst. Plus Zayne finally got a shot at wooing Layla which I am all for. I root for the underdog about 99.
Aseel
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jla, fav-authors
Oh. My. God. I'm completely speechless, but one thing for sure, how could ANYBODY be team Zayne??? Just how? Nope, no, nope. Just no!
#TeamRoth all the way baby
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo jla2_zps09c8d7d0.jpg

Stone Cold Touch is book two in The Dark Elements series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. OH…MY…GOSH!!!!! This book was amazing. I don’t even know where to start except that I loved it!

photo jla1_zps79ebacf3.jpg

Roth has been gone about two weeks and Layla is grieving. She believes Roth to be suffering in the depths of the fiery pits of hell. Roth became important to her. She can’t label her feelings but knows they are deep. And she misses him desperately. So you can understand her surprise when he shows up at the Warden’s
The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger
My love for Roth has officially been solidified after that ending! Roth reminds me so much of Daemon; he's witty, sexy, sarcastic, and extremely romantic/passionate! #TeamROTH

Also...
-That cliffhanger is going to cause one serious book hangover...where's book three?!?!
-Bambi the snake is awesome-sauce and apparently also a fan of Wardens
-Abbott = boooo
-Loved all the action that went down
-Roth, Roth, and ROTH!!
Booknut
When the words 'wickedly hot demon prince' appear in a book's blurb, there's only one appropriate response.
 photo tumblr_n5xog0tRpf1t6roozo3_250.gif

Don't get me wrong...I know he's a demon *cue fainting & much waving of holy water*

But Roth is just so...so...hot. White hot. Get it?! (Please ignore that mildly horrid pun)

If I were Layla, & I was in the same vicinity as Roth, odds are I'd be all like:
 photo tumblr_inline_n84438K53t1rfv3fn.gif

Please, Ms. Armentrout - just let Roth and Layla be together.

On the other hand I kinda like the sound of Layla and Zayne getting t
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
Oh my goodness. For one thing, I just finished that book in one day. In less than six hours. Also, that was a STUNNING BOOK! I have to admit, I wasn't sure how the second book was going to. My breath was blown away with what I encountered in the second, and somewhat better, installment of the Dark Elements.

So this book starts up from the major and upsetting cliffhanger at the end of White Hot Kiss. Layla is still upset about Roth but that makes sense since he only left two weeks prior. What
Patricia Huynh
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5+++ Stars it was so damn good.
(view spoiler)
Jennifer Kyle
4.5 Stars

Team Roth but Zayne is fab too xx I just love a good paranormal love triangle. Review to come.
Oktober 22: I just finished and holy hell...

February 2014:

Me realizing that I have to wait until november:

FREAKING NOVEMBER!

I need more Roth and Bambi :(

Sniff.
Ash
Jan 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-kindle-read
oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH

its over!? fuck I have to wait 2 more months....I can't do it! I need the next book right this second. I love these books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes .... Layla pissed me off a lot in this book....but I love her.
Yes .... I don't think Roth was in this book nearly enough....but when he was *sigh*
Yes .... I can't stand Zayne....fine, hes a good guy, but UGH....

No .... I don't regret loving Bambi more than I love Layla
No .... I absolutely did not see any of this stuff comin
Amanda
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
I felt so many emotions with this book it was unreal, first I was team Roth then I was team Zayne then I was back to being team Roth my head felt like it was going to spin off! I really did not expect anything that was happening, I know some of you guys are like "oh god the usual YA cheese" because there is so much about the romances in this series I LOVE IT!! I WANT TO EAT ALL THE CHEESE!!!!!! I'm a sucker for a love story that has some wacky put into it and Jennifer L. Armentrout is just the w ...more
Cody
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading this again!

Stone Cold Touch carries on from White Hot Kiss with Layla trying to come to terms with how different she is from her family and her life without Roth.WHY?!

Layla becomes depressed, she misses Roth and worries constantly about his state in hell while Zayne tries his best to console her. BUT Roth is back! YESSSSS, and with that arrival it’s brings all kinds of feels and drama which he is famous for and at the most inappropriate of times! ;)

Zayne spends more time with Lay
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
"I want you so badly it's like a hunger that gnaws at me endlessly. It doesn't go away." He dipped his head to the space between my neck and shoulder, inhaling deeply. "You have no fucking clue."
"Then do something about it," I whispered.

Thank God. Thank. Gooood. I am not going to lie to you all. I have been soooo nervous these last few months about my relationship with JLA. I think it's because of her NA series. It just doesn't touch me the way you'd think it should, seeing as she's been my fa
Rowan
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review also posted on Rowan Reads and Raves.

I really didn’t think it was possible, but I think I loved this one just as much as the first book, White Hot Kiss. I mean, I don’t know how Jennifer L. Armentrout did it, but damn, I didn’t put this book down once.

So at the end of the first book, Roth had been sent to hell, Layla could change into a weird gargoyle/demon mix, and the bad guy was stopped, only after he broke a few of Lilith’s chains though. So we start off this book with Layla missing R
Anja H.
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*4.5 THRILLING STARS*

“I would know if a part of my heart was gone.”

This book was nowhere near perfect and I could've predicted some things right from the start but I'm still giving this 5 stars because I enjoyed this so much!
JLA books are officially my guilty pleasure!
ambsreads
Stone Cold Touch is the second book in The Dark Elements series and did slightly suffer from second book syndrome. It lacked the flare that the first book did and led me into a boredom on several accounts. This could be because I don't like Zayne, this could be because it was just a major info dumps, but I just didn't enjoy it too much. Character development was also non-existent. The romance was the main forefront, the plot taking the backseat in several circumstances.

Characters
Layla was bet
bibliophile (Romance Addict)
4.5 Layla Bug Stars!

“But Roth was like this little devil on my shoulder, urging me to be bad and to enjoy every freaking moment of it. Except he wasn’t a little devil. He was the Crown Prince of Hell.”

Series: This is the second book in the White Hot Kiss series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It is written in Layla's POV.

Story: This book complete what happened in White Hot Kiss. Roth disappeared, and Layla miss him a lot. She can't stop thinking about the way he disappeared and the only person who he
Veronika
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
I have really mixed feelings about this book. I love Roth and Layla together and their scenes were the best part. I was absoulutly bored with Zayn and Layla. Roth is just perfect and was the only character who didn't annoy me at all.
I loved the beginning and I thought it's getting even better than the first book. Than something happend and it got so boring. I was annoyed with all the characters ( except Roth )and basically rolled my eyes the hole time . There was no action and it was all about
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
This installment picks up just a few weeks after Roth has sacrificed himself at the end of White Hot Kiss. Layla's really hurting after that loss. Roth is trapped in the pits and she doesn't know if she will ever see him again. There was no need to worry though as Roth shows up, at the Warden's house no less.

He tells them all that they failed and a Lilin has in fact been born. They will have to work together in order to stop the Alpha's from wiping them all out. So, they enter into an unlikely t
YA Buddy Readers'...: Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Starting 15th June 28 10 Jun 21, 2017 11:29PM
Who did you vote for? 20 145 Jun 29, 2016 09:01AM
The Challenge Fac...: This topic has been closed to new comments. V-Nerd & K-Terror - Stone Cold Touch 64 24 Feb 15, 2015 12:52AM
OH MARY MOTHER OF GOD... 7 52 Feb 03, 2015 05:24PM
All About YA : Stone Cold Touch 3 49 Oct 19, 2014 11:36AM
i saw this book selling in Amazon 3 52 Aug 16, 2014 01:25PM

• The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Borrowed Ember (Fire Spirits, #3)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles, #3)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Rogue (Relentless #3)
  • Evernight (Night Watchmen, #2)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

The Dark Elements (3 books)
  • White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1)
  • Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3)
“I love you Layla. Do you hear me? I've loved you since the first moment I heard your voice and I will continue to love you. No matter what. I love you.” 188 likes
“I would know if a part of my heart was gone.” 87 likes