Start by marking “'Tis The Season (Virgin River, #7.5 & 10.5)” as Want to Read:
'Tis The Season (Virgin River, #7.5 & 10.5)

'Tis The Season

(Virgin River #7.5 & 10.5)

Together for the first time in one volume, two classic holiday stories—plus a bonus novella!—from #1 New York Times bestselling author Robyn Carr

'Tis the season for family, friendship and the thrill of a holiday romance…

Under the Christmas Tree

With snow falling over the redwood forests, secluded Virgin River is the ideal place to spend the holidays. Each year, the close
Published October 28th 2014 by Harlequin MIRA

Pam Nelson
5 'Tis the Season Stars

I love this series and I loved these 2 novellas. This isn't going to be long winded.

It’s that extra bit of connection to characters that we might not have known if not for these novellas. And we get our old favorites.

I love getting to see them in a holiday setting. ❤ I really needed a feel good romance and I am glad I got back to this series.

*You don't have to like my review but its 100% my opinion, and I am allowed to have it.*

Susan
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
TIS THE SEASON was the perfect way to spend the day back in Virgin River. I devour every book I read of Robyn Carr's and this one did not disappoint. As soon as I was finished I wanted to read more of all three of these couples. The secondary characters in all three stories were just perfect and very funny. Oh, to have friends and families like the ones you will meet in TIS THE SEASON. Reading these stories felt like I was visiting with my old friends.

Note: I received this book free from NetGall
Bea  Charmed
This was my first Robyn Carr read. Some people love her and others find her too sweet and sugary; I wanted to see for myself. She writes small town romances, which I enjoy. I thought an anthology might be a good way to jump into this series. I enjoyed the stories, though none were spectacular. I am interested enough to read more in the series and maybe I'll even start with book one. :D

Under the Christmas Tree - This was cute and sweet and grabbed right away with its hook of abandoned puppies, or
Beth
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
There is no better way to get you into the holiday spirit than 3 Christmas base novellas written by Robyn Carr. Even better, they are all being published in 1 book called 'Tis the Season.

Each story carries Carr's signature writing style bring heart and home to every page.

Reading this book made me want to bake cookies and pull out the Christmas Trees. Ok, maybe even get a new puppy.

Grab a cup of hot coco, curl up with your favorite Christmas throw and settle in for some marvelous holiday romanc
Janet Robel
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
These holiday stories are wonderful. The town of Virgin River is really growing on me. Jack's Bar is at the center of the stories, and you get to know the characters as they make appearances in each of the books. Under the Christmas Tree was my favorite because I loved Annie's story and the puppies.
Mellanie C
Jun 16, 2017 marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Erin
May 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was too insta-love for me and I didn't like it much. Though it does involve the town of Virgin River a tiny bit, it really stands on its own and I really missed the characters from VR.

The second novella in this story was cute. But also too insta-love for me and unrealistic. But I was also glad to have read it so I could know about these characters and their backstory.
Jonel
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
These three very different novellas actually fit quite well together. The first two definitely put you in the mood for the holiday season while the third is a sweet, feel good story perfect for whenever. Throughout all three Carr’s well written, well thought out style shines through, allowing readers to escape from the everyday for just a little while.

Carr’s method of character development really shines through and you get to know these individuals as if they were your neighbours. I was very imp
Dawn ♥ romance
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
I enjoyed these three short stories involving different types of romancing. Annie cares for puppies abandoned under Christmas tree with help from veterinarian Nate. Medical resident Drew shows Sunny how to get over a bad New Years Eve breakup. Handyman John still cares for genius Leigh even years after their summer fling ended badly.
Kristi
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Nate and Annie's story several years ago when I was on VR run, but never read the second novella about Nate's niece until now. This was a sweet New Years Eve story that gave us a lot of the characters we love from VR.
Judy
These were very quick reads, and contained the wonderful Virgin River holidays.
Deepa Swaminathan
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
‘Tis the season of Red, White and Green,
The homes are decked up with an exquisite sheen,
Kids of all ages are excited for gifts and snow,
‘Tis the time when Christmas advent calendars begin to show.

About the author:
Robyn Carr is one of America’s favorite romance authors. She writes short stories, novellas and novels. Her popular series of books based on a town called ‘Virgin River’ features people who cherish simple pleasures and are part of a cheerful community. This book has 3 stories based on
Jodi
I had read one of the Virgin River stories before, although I was happy to read it again. The book contains three short stories - 2 Virgin River and 1 very old short story from 1990. The Virgin River stories were both holiday stories, one at Christmas and the other at New Years. The first story, which I had not read, involved the vet and a hair stylist who bond at Jack's bar over a box full of abandoned newborn puppies. It's a cute story with a happy ending that fit the story and the season. The ...more
VampDiva
Sep 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books, dnf
I couldn't continue with this way too predictable book (made it half way). Annie's low, low self esteem was too pathetic for me. Talk about a doormat, it didn't matter how much her father played her up to be. Nathaniel was an unrealistic hero. I'm too cynical for this "It's a Wonderful Life" book.
Not bad, not great though. Because it was a novella you didn't really get to connect with the characters. Some of the emotional scenes felt forced and quick to me, so much so that I don't think any reasonable person would bare themselves so raw in front of someone they barely knew. But maybe that's just me and I like my walls
Leslie
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arp
2 novellas in one. Each great for hike. Sweet romantic HEAs. Sweet kind, hurts people who all manage to find their way back and let love in. Nice and very easy to listen to (Audible.com audiobook), but not even a little bit realistic. Then again, that is why I listen to this series!!
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
It's been a few years since I've read Robyn Carr. I love her stories. 'Tis the Season was my chance to pay a return visit to Virgin River. Under the Christmas Tree lacked the conflict I'm use to finding in her books. Midnight Confessions was a DNF for me, as I didn't care for the heroine.
Kathryn Rothermel
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed both the stories. Robyn Carr has a gift for storytelling. I've been enjoying the Virgin River series of books. Probably better to read them in order, but I take out audiobooks from the library, and I don't always get that luxury.
Niki
This book is two short stories that are part of the Virgin River series. I love reading Robyn Carr and read the actual series so was happy to read these two quick Christmas short stories that go along with it.
Kathleen Short-Ridge
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wish there was more in this series!
TP
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Too short
Barbara Cryer
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun holiday read.
Mindy Cossins
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
all three little love stories were delightful
Terry
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice light easy read. 3 novellas in one book.
Carrie
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romantic
I wish I'd noticed the numbering on this book earlier, since there are some spoilers.
Gay Ann
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This light holiday read will have romance readers turning the pages and might enjoy the entire Virgin River series.
Merceda
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the 2 novellas about Virgin River. I like reading about the Virgin River folks. Gives me an uplifting feeling.
Sara ♥
May 6-7, 2019

VR#7.5 - Under the Christmas Tree

Annie the hairdresser and Nate the veterinarian share the responsibility of caring for some very very young abandoned puppies over the days leading up to Christmas. So cute! Plus the two just showed up in the next book, which I love. Robyn Carr is SOOOOO GOOOOOD and integrating all the characters together!!! :)

May 13, 2019

VR#10.5 - Midnight Confessions

Drew and Sunny!! Oh my gosh, poor Sunny!!! But the more I learned about her ex-fiance, the more I wa
Debbie Lester
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fans of Robyn Carr's Virgin River series, will enjoy the reprint of two Virgin River stories and a third unrelated tale in 'Tis the Season. Under the Christmas Tree and Midnight Confessions are spaced one year apart, in Virgin River, while Backward Glances is an unrelated story from earlier in Carr's career. Carr gives readers three great small town romances just in time for Christmas! If you are looking for a Christmas read that is heart warming, festive and filled with sincerity and love, this ...more
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

This is a collection of three novellas, two of them Christmas-related and involving the world of Carr’s small town US Virgin River series. The third came as a little of a surprise, as it is one of the author’s older works, set in 1990. I enjoyed it, but I suppose it was included to make up the page count!

Under the Christmas Tree

I have read this novella before. Set in the lead up to Christmas, we start at the familiar setting of Jack’s Bar, where Jack’s young son finds a

• Christmas at Twilight (Twilight, Texas, #5)
  • Christmas on Main Street (Snowberry Creek, #1.5; Shelter Bay, #6.5; Cricket Creek, #5.5; Bayberry Island, #0.5)
  • On the Naughty List
  • That Holiday Feeling (Virgin River, #7.5; Those Manning Men, #5)
  • The Lodge on Holly Road (Life in Icicle Falls, #6)
  • An Amish Family Christmas: Heart of Christmas\A Plain Holiday
  • Kiss of the Christmas Wind
  • Christmas Brides
  • Holiday Sparks
  • A Dixie Christmas (includes Cajun, #7.5)
  • Western Kisses
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • Forever Christmas
  • The Lopsided Christmas Cake
  • The Christmas Light (Christmas Hope #7)
  • The Christmas Visitor: An Amish Romance
  • Christmas Revels (The Circle of Friends)
  • A Magical Christmas
Robyn Carr is a RITA® Award-winning, eleven-time #1 New York Times bestselling author of almost sixty novels, including the critically acclaimed Virgin River series. The fourth novel, THE BEST OF US, in her fan-favorite Sullivan's Crossing Series was released in Jan. 2019. Robyn's new women's fiction novel THE VIEW FROM ALAMEDA ISLAND will be release in April 2019. Robyn is a recipient of the Roma ...more

Virgin River (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Virgin River (Virgin River, #1)
  • Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2)
  • Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3)
  • A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, #4)
  • Second Chance Pass (Virgin River, #5)
  • Temptation Ridge (Virgin River, #6)
  • Paradise Valley (Virgin River, #7)
  • Forbidden Falls (Virgin River, #8)
  • Angel's Peak (Virgin River, #9)
  • Moonlight Road (Virgin River, #10)