Start by marking “The Imaginary World of...” as Want to Read:
The Imaginary World of...

The Imaginary World of...

What kind of world would you like to inhabit?

To imagine something different, better, or more interesting is to push the existing world into a state of change. Some of the greatest revolutionary acts of our time came to be because someone had the courage to imagine something new.

In The Imaginary World of…, Keri Smith asks readers to imagine something new: a unique world of
Published February 13th 2015 by Adams Media (first published September 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Imaginary World of..., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Imaginary World of...

Michichi
Oct 06, 2014 is currently reading it
First I'd like to start with saying i'll probably never finish this book. Not because it's not a good book, but I don't think I'll ever stop having fun using this book and will probably use it again and again to create my own worlds (or expand the one I'm creating now).

Just like 'Wreck this journal' and 'mess' are 'the imaginary world of' is a book to help you create and to look at things differently. It is also not just a book for 'writers' or 'artists' (though we are all artists in a way) but
Claire Davis
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book for world-building, if you are a writer or otherwise. I highly recommend it, as well as her How to be an Explorer of the World for inspiration.
Katrina Sark
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
“All grown-ups were once children… But only few of them remember it.” (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

p.vi – Imagination creates reality.
The act of creating a world is an act of revolution. To imagine something different, something better, or something more interesting is to push the existing world into a state of change. Some of the greatest revolutionary acts of our time came to be because someone had the courage to imagine something new.

p.vii – What kind of world would you like to inhabit?

p.ix –
Meg Gabarda
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm rating this based on the concept of the book and I love it. Although I haven't actually finished filling it all in - which I'm sure will take a long time - it is a great way to just be as imaginative as you want and let loose with no restrictions whatsoever (until you run out of space on the pages, that is).
Nour El-Aby
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it
It's a creative way to spend your free time!
mayday
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it
if you already love worldbuilding and have invested hours and days and weeks of your life in doing it for yourself, this book is probably going to be for the birds. but when i made my classroom library, this one always got borrowed, and those kids were ninth-graders! i'm giving it to a very creative eight-year-old student soon; i have a feeling she'll like it.
Widya
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Sebenarnya ide dan konsep-konsep dalam buku ini sangat unik dan segar. Namun sayangnya beberapa instruksinya kurang praktis (apa mungkin sayanya saja ya yang malas?)
Caitlin Simm
I never actually finished this book as such, I just kept writing in it. I don't think it's a book that you can actually finish since you write and draw in it yourself. I thinks its good they have books like this for adults/teenagers because its more challenging that stuff like this for children is, and it keeps your imaginations going even when your an adult.
Emma
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Everyone needs to buy a copy of this book and carry it with them at all times. It's a great stress reliever and helps me escape the world when I need to . It guides you without holding you back, allowing you to create whatever your heart desires. I don't think I'll ever really be finished with this book.
Angela Oliver
Read through this last night!
Now I'm totally looking forward to getting started on actioning it - expect another update as they come. First I have to find my special notebook... now where did I pack that last?
kara
Adam
Aug 16, 2016
Czarina Narido
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm new in good reads, so can somebody reach me how to read books? They just show me descriptions
K Love

• The Right Song
  • A Woman Speaks: The Lectures, Seminars and Interviews of Anaïs Nin
  • Living Color: Painting, Writing, and the Bones of Seeing
  • Destroying Avalon
  • The Treehorn Trilogy: The Shrinking of Treehorn, Treehorn's Treasure, and Treehorn's Wish
  • By Any Other Name
  • Doing Germany
  • The Convent
  • Melody Burning
  • The Artist in the Office: How to Creatively Survive and Thrive Seven Days a Week
  • He's After Me
  • In My Father's Den
  • Creative Block: Get Unstuck, Discover New Ideas. Advice & Projects from 50 Successful Artists
  • Red Hot and Holy: A Heretic's Love Story
  • The Collage Workbook: How to Get Started and Stay Inspired
  • The Organic Artist: Make Your Own Paint, Paper, Pigments, Prints and More from Nature
  • Vector Basic Training: A Systematic Creative Process for Building Precision Vector Artwork (Voices that Matter)
Keri Smith is an author/illustrator turned guerilla artist. She has several bestselling books, including Wreck This Journal, This is Not a Book, How To Be An Explorer of the World, Mess, Finish this Book, and The Wander Society all published by Penguin Books. Read more at her website http://WWW.KERISMITH.COM