Start by marking “Chaos Unleashed (The Chaos Born, #3)” as Want to Read:
Chaos Unleashed (The Chaos Born, #3)

Chaos Unleashed

(The Chaos Born #3)

The Demon Cycle meets The Wheel of Time in this action-packed adventure! From New York Times bestselling author and acclaimed videogame writer Drew Karpyshyn comes the third and final novel in an original epic fantasy trilogy for fans of Terry Goodkind, Peter V. Brett, and Brandon Sanderson.

Published October 13th 2015 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about Chaos Unleashed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chaos Unleashed

Start your review of Chaos Unleashed (The Chaos Born, #3)
Bobbi
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Good character development, it kept my interest piqued, and managed to surprise me in some areas. AND the story is complete, I don't expect to see any more out of it, which is something that plagues me in other series. As much as I enjoy a world, there is something to be said for "happily ever after", meaning, everything is completely resolved, and no loose ends are left hanging, just waiting for the next sequel. I don't see that happening with this one. Unless ...more
Stephen
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The end has come for The Chaos Born and Chaos Unleashed does a good job of wrapping up this fantastic series. It’s a rich fantasy tale dripping with dark elements of horror and driven by a character focused plot. The result is emotional investment in the characters that will have you flipping pages deep into the night to see what happens next. With this final book in the trilogy, Drew Karpyshyn draws up a satisfying conclusion to the series. For those who have already begun the journey, this is ...more
Chad
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great conclusion to the trilogy. Great characters, unique world. Completely unpredictable.
Mary Fan
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Chaos Unleashed is the third and final installment in Drew Karpyshyn's dark fantasy trilogy, The Chaos Born. It picks up where the last book left off. The evil Daemron, banished behind a barrier called the Legacy generations ago, is on the cusp of return, and when he does, he will unleash hordes of monsters and horrors upon the mortal world. Most of the monstrous Minions he dispatched to help the Children of Fire, who are unknowingly part of his plan to bring the Legacy crashing down, have been ...more
Jules
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm left with a bittersweet flavor in my mouth.
This final book is all about convergence, get the 3 main characters together, and stop "the end of the world" but the way it happened and how they all got there is not that awesome.

Characters:
I really liked Scythe and Vaaler. Keegan not that much, actually I really didn't care for him at all, and if he would've died, it would've been ok with me. Almost half the books he was too tired, or unconscious, or too weak to do anything.

Really hated the
Kim Huldén
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
odina
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
OMG, what was I thinking?
Beau
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A few bits were really cringe worthy and cliched, but overall a great ending. I wish we saw a bit further than the epilogue though I would rather it have a little bit more info about everyone.
Joanna
Der dritte und letzte Band der Trilogie macht noch einmal das, was die Vorgänger schon taten: unterhalten von Anfang bis Ende.

Karpyshyn kann schreiben; er weiss einfach, was er tut. Ausserordentlich war für mich, dass er in seiner High Fantasy-Reihe den Helden von seinem Helden-Dasein "entthronte". Aber mehr will ich diesbezüglich wegen Spoiler-Gefahr nicht verraten.

Eigentlich bin ich fast schon traurig, dass ich die liebgewonnenen Figuren nun ins Regal stellen muss. Sie sind alle so real und
Colin Pocock
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a very good book

you have to read the first two books or this doesn't make sense. its a great trilogy and really was a great journey. put simply i enjoyed the read and i didn't scan read much which is the biggest compliment i can give.
Linda
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
A good conclusion to the story of our heroes and the supporting characters.
Dan Norton
Jun 07, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was never great enough for me to form a lasting attachment to any of the characters, but it wasn't bad enough to make me uninterested in the story either. I enjoyed this while I was reading it, but I don't think I will ever re-read it.

Perhaps I am being overly critical. It is a well done story with interesting characters. My main problem with it lies in the fact that events just happened too quickly. I stopped counting how many times a character motivation or powerful emotional force
Jacqueline The Pufflehuffle Kitteh
The Legacy, a magical barrier protecting humanity from Chaos, has crumbled.

Four unlikely champions, each touched with Chaos magic at birth, are all that can stop the return of Daemron the Slayer. Armed with the Talismans of power the four champions, the Children of Fire, must find the Keystone, a fabled place where, or so it is said, the Legacy can be restored.

But even the noblest heart can be twisted by the tainted magic of Chaos…

I went into this book knowing absolutely nothing about the
Matti Tornio
Jul 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
The major positive thing about this final book in the trilogy is that it neatly wraps up the major story threads. Otherwise there's little to recommend here. The main characters are still uninteresting and the world is uninspired and full of fantasy tropes. The series is decent enough if you are dying for another mass-produced easy-to-read fantasy story, otherwise it is not really worth it.
Kevin Geoffroy
Jan 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Nothing unique or interesting about this series. Not saying it's bad, if you want a safe fantasy story where everything is essentially by the book, this will fit the bill.
Anne Monteith
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review to follw
Geoffrey
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only thing I didn't like is that the story has now ended =D
Antonio Islas
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, ebook
Great story!!! Really enjoyed all 3 books and it ended well. Karpyshyn is one of my favorite authors and he does it again with this series.
Gio C
Oct 27, 2015
Neno Ganchev
Mar 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Nyphron Rising (The Riyria Revelations, #3)
  • Storm of Damocles (Space Marine Battles #18)
  • The Greater Evil (The Dark Coil)
  • Fire and Ice (The Dark Coil)
  • Mission: Annihilate (Angels of Death, #9)
  • The Vorago Fastness (Deathwatch)
  • Genestealer Cults
  • Vanguard (The Dark Coil)
  • Cult of the Spiral Dawn (The Dark Coil)
  • Whiteout
  • Fire Caste (The Dark Coil)
  • The Infinite Tableau (Warhammer 40,000)
  • Shadowbreaker (Deathwatch)
  • Canto Bight (Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi, #1)
  • Crisis of Faith (Farsight #1)
  • Farsight
  • Out Caste (The Dark Coil)
  • The Tau Empire
Drew Karpyshyn is a Canadian author and game designer. After working at a credit union for some time, he eventually became a game developer. He joined BioWare towards the end of the Baldur's Gate series, and wrote the tie-in novel for Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal. He stayed with BioWare, where he worked on Neverwinter Nights, and became the Senior Writer on the critically acclaimed Star Wars: ...more

The Chaos Born (3 books)
  • Children of Fire (The Chaos Born, #1)
  • The Scorched Earth (The Chaos Born, #2)