Start by marking “Passionate Persuasion” as Want to Read:
Passionate Persuasion

Passionate Persuasion

3.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  65 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
A Date By Mistake Novella
A hot playboy who has left a string of hearts in his wake can't forget the cellist who haunted his fantasies. Now it is his turn to use his power of persuasion to prove he's the only man to keep her satisfied.
Published March 10th 2014 by Entangled: Indulgence

To ask other readers questions about Passionate Persuasion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passionate Persuasion

For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana PeterfreundPersuading Annie by Melissa NathanPersuade Me by Juliet ArcherCaptain Wentworth's Diary by Amanda GrangeCaptain Wentworth's Persuasion by Regina Jeffers
Derivatives of Jane Austen's Persuasion
38th out of 41 books — 33 voters
My Lady Love by Bridgitte LesleyWitch in the Woods by T. A. BunkerThe Dig by Michael SiemsenA Warm Place to Call Home by Michael SiemsenWake of the Riddler by Janet E. Morris
Ebooks Under Five Dollars
316th out of 359 books — 244 voters

More lists with this book...

Limecello
Jan 02, 2016 Limecello rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
a bit too short, and more than that, I could not remember a damn thing about the book - read and re-read the blurb numerous times, and had to scroll down to other reviews for a clue.
So, yes, obviously I read this months ago - but other books I read even longer ago I remembered more.

Not much of a reconnection, although cute effort on the hero's part to try to get a date with the heroine.

D+
Glory
Mar 11, 2014 Glory rated it really liked it
Для такого объема (7 достаточно небольших глав) очень даже.
Забавный рассказ, без экшена, надрыва, надуманных трагедий и всякого такого.
Просто двое, у которых в колледже был роман, встретились снова через 8 лет.
Мило, весело, легко. Развлекательное чтиво - скоротать вечерок.
Постельная сцена осталась за кадром, но жаркая прелюдия в наличии ;)
Aarati
I got an ARC of this book from Entangled Publishing LLC in exchange of an honest review.

I absolutely loved this book. It was fun, entertaining and sweet. My only complain-this book was too short. I wanted to see more of Alex and Kiara. Both of them were great and they has super hot, sizzling chemistry.

Eight years ago Alex broke Kiara's heart. She does not expect to see him at the pub where she is meeting a blind date. And she most definitely does not expect her blind date to be Alex.

Alex and Kia
Kim
Originally Appeared on Austenprose: http://austenprose.com/2014/05/15/pas...

Perhaps one of the most relatable parts of any book is heartbreak. Most of us have experienced it, and it leaves one with such sorrow and sadness that won’t soon be forgotten. Such is what makes the story between Anne and Frederick in Jane Austen’s Persuasion so riveting. When considering a modern retelling of this story, why not try and imagine it from a flipped perspective, with the man doing the heartbreaking and the
Tracy (A Good Novel)
Dec 27, 2014 Tracy (A Good Novel) rated it liked it
Shelves: jane-austen, ebooks
This one needed to be longer for me to fully buy into it. "Passionate" Persuasion is right--the story was sexy and not in a gratuitous way, which I appreciated, but ultimately I wanted a bit more talking and a bit less flirting. I was also really disappointed at having been left without resolution on a key point borrowed from Austen's Persuasion (spoilers blocked out for those who haven't read it, but if you know your Austen, you're safe): (view spoiler) ...more
Heather andrews
Mar 03, 2014 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Alex, that boy will do anything for Kiara to give him a second chance and that means charming the sh** out of her, "lucky guy," Alex said and, to her horror, sat on the barstool next to hers. "You look amazing. But you always looked great in anything. Or out of it." The boy sure has some game, "Alex Drake read her chargin and pounced on it like a cat on a mouse. "I wouldn't call anyone wearing those do-me heels 'cute.'" He leaned in close to study her face. "You still have freckles, though. You' ...more
Jasmyn
Remember the one that got away? What if you found a way to have a second chance years later - and found out that they had grown in a way that made you want them even more. Enter Alex, determined to prove to Kiara that he has what it takes to be boyfriend material. Kiara, on the other hand, isn't so sure.

This sweet but sexy novella follows them as Alex tries to prove himself to her. It was cute and I loved Kiara's character. She was quite the diverse one with a mix of likes and features that I h
Nicola
Mar 10, 2014 Nicola rated it really liked it
If you are after a short romantic read of reacquainted love, then this does the trick. Both Kiara and Alex were endearing characters and whilst more persuasive than passionate, their romance was sweet, touching and with humour.

As is often the case with novella's, there just isn't the time to become completely invested in the characters; had it been longer I have no doubt that Alex would have been a man to fall for. But it's well-written, flows nicely and if you have an hour or so to spare is a
Samantha
I received this book in exchange for an honest review, and I have to say it was a great quick way to get over two books that literally weren't that great.

Alex and Kiara dated in college and broke up. Kiara now eight years later still isn't 100% over it because of how it ended but she is moving on even though she's back where it happened. Now Alex is more grown up, has a successful string of pubs, bars and a restaurant. Mutual acquaintances have given him a chance to see her again and go out on
Rosemary K
Mar 14, 2014 Rosemary K rated it really liked it
This funny, frothy and romantic story is a perfect way to relax. Alex Drake and Kiara Fredericks were an item in college. Then he broke her heart and broke up with her. They meet again and find the attraction is still there. Can Alex convince her to give him a second chance? Is he ready for a relationship? Passionate Persuasion is so well-written. I love Rosemary Clement-Moore's style. She creates amazing characters who have depth and heart. Her dialogue is smart and sassy. Their romance is sigh ...more
Janet
Mar 11, 2014 Janet rated it liked it
A second chance at love novella, Passionate persuasion was light, quick read. I like to have a few novellas on my kindle for those times I need something light and quick and I find that these books from Entangled Publishing are quite reliable. Rosemary Clement-Moore has presented readers with a good story, evenly balanced for novella format. I felt that I had enough character info to make them come alive, and enough story to make it interesting. The happily ever after was extremely satisfying.
*I
Sapphyria
Sep 29, 2014 Sapphyria rated it really liked it
For Alexander Drake, Kiara Fredericks is truly the one who got away. Breaking up with her in college was definitely a huge mistake. One that he wants to correct and when Alex finds that she's back in Port Calypso, he makes his move.

Kiara is still affected by her college boyfriend-turned-dump without a reason-ex, Alex Drake. Wouldn't you know that he would have to turn up in the pub while she's waiting for her blind date to show. When Kiara discovers the treachery that brought her to the pub, she
Cheryl Sanders
Apr 17, 2014 Cheryl Sanders rated it really liked it
Waiting on a blind date, set up by a friend, Kiara sees HIM walk in the door of the pub. It can't be! Alex Drake broke her heart 8 years ago. Turns out he's her blind date. After a little conversation, he tries to apologize and only seems to make it worse. She throws a drink in his face and storms off. He's not giving up this time.

Fantastic short, fun romance. Characters had sizzling chemistry. This was a sweet and sexy afternoon read.

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Gloria Herrera
Mar 27, 2014 Gloria Herrera rated it really liked it
Interesting take on the one that got away. We have Kiara going on a blind date set up by an influential matron of the symphony orchestra she is a member of. In comes Alex Drake... yep, cocky as ever and bringing back hurtful memories of rejection.

Alex is still wondering "what if" about Kiara. As these two reconnect with drinks being thrown, hurtful words and banter to rival the best, the embers of their attraction burst to a full five alarm fire.

This was an enjoyable and entertaining book.
Patricia
Mar 06, 2014 Patricia rated it really liked it
A short and sweet romance novel. The heat factor is mild and the storyline appealing. Alex is a sexy business owner who still has the hots for Kiara who is a talented playing the cello in a orchestra. Eight years ago they dated then he dumped her. Now all he wants is to win her back. So begins the journey. Wonderfully sweet characters who manage their HEA. this was an enjoyable read.
CassandraG
Mar 18, 2014 CassandraG rated it really liked it
Kiara and Ale Drake made a good couple once she forgave him for being a little deceitful to her and he forgave her for throwing a drink in his face. (Though, he kind of did deserve that). It had wit, laughs and they did make a nice reunited couple. Alex best friend Greg was funny and Sophia, Kiara’s best friend was full of sound advice. A nice read you’ll enjoy!
CL
Received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

This was a cute romance novella about two college lovers meeting again and continuing where they left off.

The characters were likeable and whilst it is hard to include any semblance of a proper plot in a novella, I liked Alex and Kiara's interaction.
Priscilla
Aug 03, 2014 Priscilla rated it it was amazing
Completely enjoyed this novella! The interaction between Kiara and Alex was great and even though it was short it I did not feel like I was left wanting as some short stories make me feel. If you are looking for a sweet, quick HEA read I would recommend this book!
Jessica Allen Winn
Mar 10, 2014 Jessica Allen Winn rated it it was ok
It was ok. Didn't live up to my expectations. If you're a big fan of romance there's a good chance you'll love this though. I don't think I was the targeted audience.

Well written, clean novella. Just not meant for me.
rivka
*happy sigh*

That was lovely.
Simone
Mar 12, 2014 Simone rated it liked it
Kathleen
A nice twist of modern Persuasion. Wish it could have been longer than a novella
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
mary fee
mary fee is currently reading it
Jun 13, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Nkoyo
Nkoyo marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Tash Johanson
Tash Johanson marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Kelsae H
Kelsae H marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Halena
Halena rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Bob Simpson
Bob Simpson marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016